• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're having that big skin sale they were talking about last year. Like 10 skins or something. It was one of the options in that poll they took about what holiday sale we'd want. Its supposed to include some skins that haven't gone on sale yet

Please be not so blitzcrank, please be not so blitzcrank!

Btw it's really too bad the other christmas skins didn't go on sale. I really wanted that sona and gragas one

scy

Definitely Not Blitzcrank and Silent Night Sona are never coming back. The "Super Sale" on January 11th will probably just be the regular skins that haven't gone on sale yet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Neki only plays with Boken, his League husbando.

Kenai

Hedging my bet on the Chinese New Year skins being part of that big sale. I want Fisherman Fizz though, hope he comes up soon.

Ketch

Woo, just scored my first ace ever... and then followed it up on the very next team fight by scoring another ace! Yeyeye!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
XenegoN: mid
Pankaks: pref support
Pedro Rosselló: I pref waffles
Sopper: i pref crepes
YoFatMommaRunnin: pref french toast
Sopper: pan perdu?
XenegoN: i like pancakes

Fuck this team.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok I'm never playing support in ranked again.

It's just mentally exhausting to have to buy every single fucking ward in the game.

Sorry, needed to vent.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ok I'm never playing support in ranked again.

It's just mentally exhausting to have to buy every single fucking ward in the game.

Sorry, needed to vent.

But but but...Kiunch told me support is the secret to raising ELO. I was lied to!

(I know that feeling, the increased passive gold helps but it sucks when the enemy support starts stacking pinks and gains massive map control.)

Somax

Almost stopped playing LoL, went from 3-4 games each day to 2 games since the start of Season 3. Christmas and other things (Steam sales, Hotline Miami, Mark of the Ninja and the regretful decision of starting Dark Souls from scratch after rebuying it on pc) happened.

Yesterday I decided to login again and did 3 arams in a row.

That was really funny, even if we did it 3v3 with friends because other players don't understand that the R in aRam could mean "oh well, I am fucked this time, but the point is to go on and play what the rng gets me" and kept on quitting.

zkylon

zkylewd
But but but...Kiunch told me support is the secret to raising ELO. I was lied to!

(I know that feeling, the increased passive gold helps but it sucks when the enemy support starts stacking pinks and gains massive map control.)
Yeah, we were running an assassin comp (against my wishes but w/e) and neither Talon nor Eve would ward so their adventures into the enemy jungle usually ended in them being chased by three guys and, of course, getting killed. The enemy team was smart and realized this, so yeah, enemy Taric pink warded to all hell and I just couldn't help it :/

To boot my laning Tristana is the idiotic kind that uses her jump to brush check and blames me for everything like getting first blood while she was sitting at tower because who the fuck knows. And I seriously rocked my shit, I participated in 21/24 kills, called barons and dragons left and right and tried my earnest to feed my carry.

So yeah, never again, playing support is just asking for trouble.

Anyways, good to get that outta my system...

This is my get better song, btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aN93S8nl8

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Help you win more, not win every game =p.

Picking support doesn't automatically make you the Summoner's Rift Jesus that sacraficed your own opportunity of going mid or top for the sins of random scrubs.

scy

Twisted Treeline change to the speed boost platform: Is now a single spawn Speed Buff + Health (+Mana/Energy, not Rage/Fury/etc.) Restore.

Picking support doesn't automatically make you the Summoner's Rift Jesus that sacraficed your own opportunity of going mid or top for the sins of random scrubs.

Honestly, support is the worst way to try to win SR. What you do is make your ADC perform better and help swing team fights and objectives but you're still left to the other three roles to actually carry. Which is why I like top, mid, and ADC
plus I ks too much as support

Though, at low elo where it's "ADC with Support" vs "ADC with Garenlololol" ... well, that's a bit different. Still, bot lane success is basically mostly reliant on a good support player, not really a good ADC. If an ADC misses a kill opportunity, I wonder about the ADC. If the ADC never gets those opportunities, I wonder about the support.

Anyone having framerate problems? A few days ago, during team fights, the game drops from 60 fps down to 30-40. Just gets to be real annoying.

ElectraStar

XenegoN: mid
Pankaks: pref support
Pedro Rosselló: I pref waffles
Sopper: i pref crepes
YoFatMommaRunnin: pref french toast
Sopper: pan perdu?
XenegoN: i like pancakes

Fuck this team.

You should have been all like I PREFER MY FIST IN YOUR DUMB COCKSUCKING FACES and then dodged.

Cause 48 is for his "excited" voice, while 72 is saved for his mad voice.

I'm enjoying the kayos bashing. Personally I think his "excited" (coughragingcough) voice is kinda cute, because sometimes he IS genuinely excited - like when things down bot aren't a complete shitshow - and it's just da best.

Agreed.

EDIT: In the spirit of showing what I look like for the month of January, I made a few edits to my avatar. Well, just the one, really.

garath

Twisted Treeline change to the speed boost platform: Is now a single spawn Speed Buff + Health (+Mana/Energy, not Rage/Fury/etc.) Restore.

Honestly, support is the worst way to try to win SR. What you do is make your ADC perform better and help swing team fights and objectives but you're still left to the other three roles to actually carry. Which is why I like top, mid, and ADC
plus I ks too much as support

Though, at low elo where it's "ADC with Support" vs "ADC with Garenlololol" ... well, that's a bit different. Still, bot lane success is basically mostly reliant on a good support player, not really a good ADC. If an ADC misses a kill opportunity, I wonder about the ADC. If the ADC never gets those opportunities, I wonder about the support.

This is why if I can't top or mid, I prefer support over ADC. Anyone can CS and spam QWER on an immobile target. Making those opportunities and controlling the flow of the bot lane is what usually wins or loses bot. I rarely lose games when I'm Zyra or Sona support. My Leona support is getting much better too.

Now once in awhile you get the ADC that just doesn't realize how to follow up and/over overcommits and it's mostly lost but as long as other lanes are doing well, a good support can still make or break teamfights.

All said, I prefer mid->top->jungle->support->adc.

Pancakes

We need an SR Jesus skin for Taric now.

Hero

Played a game last night with a friend who is one of the lead champion designers, apparently Vi was in development for a looooooong time.

Also threw out the suggestion that we need a champion with a whip as a weapon and said he'll see what he can do about that. Maybe some Belmont/Castlevania homage.

Blizzard

Banned
Played a game last night with a friend who is one of the lead champion designers, apparently Vi was in development for a looooooong time.

Also threw out the suggestion that we need a champion with a whip as a weapon and said he'll see what he can do about that. Maybe some Belmont/Castlevania homage.
I actually never thought of this. Zyra throws down vines when recalling, but other than that and the pull mechanics some champions have (blitz/darius/nautilus), there's no whipping to be found.

scy

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR AVATAR?!

Wow, you make it sound like it's bad.

I took the hit for him to get out, but he jumped back in and ate it anyway. Typical GAF.

Well, I fell into a trap! I commented that Haqua hadn't been pixel art avatared yet and neorice was about to start on it. So since that was in the works, I went ahead and made it to Beato instead!

I'm just weak, I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
This is why if I can't top or mid, I prefer support over ADC. Anyone can CS and spam QWER on an immobile target. Making those opportunities and controlling the flow of the bot lane is what usually wins or loses bot. I rarely lose games when I'm Zyra or Sona support. My Leona support is getting much better too.

Now once in awhile you get the ADC that just doesn't realize how to follow up and/over overcommits and it's mostly lost but as long as other lanes are doing well, a good support can still make or break teamfights.

All said, I prefer mid->top->jungle->support->adc.
Right now I'm mid, adc or feed.

Blizzard

Banned
The More You Know
riot gonna riot
This was actually a good idea by Riot, even if it only moved ranked games from "this is my first Xin game since he's free, and I decided to do it in ranked" to "this is my first Xin game since I just bought him, but I decided to do it in ranked anyway".

zkylon

zkylewd
iEEFkgPOQoXC4.png

Ori to the top, baby!

Fuck you Ezreal!

(no really, never again support)

Rtas

I think I wowwed everyone last night with my amazing display of trap knowledge in my use of teemo. Mushrooms. Mushrooms everywhere

Pancakes

Today, is not a good day for solo queue.

Edit: Should probably just stick with support Zyra from now on. Non-AP supports are so weak.

zkylon

zkylewd
Today, is not a good day for solo queue.
Why would you solo with randoms in Normals?

Also played a couple matches as Anivia. Hated her last time I played her, but I'm really liking her now. I just got double killed because two dudes decided to tower dive me when I was in egg form lol.

I think I'm buying her next.

Pancakes

Why would you solo with randoms in Normals?

I'm a masochist I guess. GAF games usually have multiple gold/plat players while my games have silver/gold/rare plat. So I tend to do worse in those kinds of games and I don't want to let people down. Besides playing solo queue means if you have a bad game you can just move on to the next one without much dwelling or debby-downing (obviously I try to see what I did wrong and improve for the future).

I try to avoid playing with RL friends unless I'm on a smurf because they're not very good and don't bother to learn from their mistakes or improve. You just hear excuses like "bush babies", "cheap/op champs", etc etc. It becomes an experience in frustration since they believe I come off as condescending when i try to offer some advice.

So yea, solo queue is my best bet lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom