• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Fuck you.

<3

Edit: Where are people getting these avatars?

jY4Pa.png

5kHS9.png

Edit 2:Nvm, silly manga gaf

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
On the other hand, mid players are also good at aiming and predicting jukes.

Really, by the sound of things any skillshot CC would've beaten that player (e.g., Ahri Charm, Morgana Binding) :x

Blitz grab is a lot easier to land in mid than bot, the lane is so wide that blitz can speed boost to position himself in an angle that: if you run straight back, he will grab you. If you try to juke (you will move even slower), he will run in to rocket punch you then grab.

He is also so naturally tanky in a way that a hard trade will always end in a disadvantage. If your lane is pushed toward blitz tower, it is almost impossible to escape it. You can turn around to cc, but a good player will grab you on reaction the moment you turn around to cast something.

The only way out of this is harass the crap out of him level 1-4, but any decent jungle will babysit a lane with obvious disadvantage. OMG Maokai flash root combo into grab level 2 gang, I seriously will dodge if I ever run into this combo.

scy

Reading over the Vi fixes coming, I thought her E reset was intended to be that way for the repositioning element of it and to make engage->disengage trades faster. :|

Edit 2:Nvm, silly manga gaf

Blitz grab is a lot easier to land in mid than bot, the lane is so wide that blitz can speed boost to position himself in an angle that: if you run straight back, he will grab you. If you try to juke (you will move even slower), he will run in to rocket punch you then grab.

Under turret, a smart player would just stand in front of the minion wave to keep the grab angle open. Like I was saying, landing a single grab is basically a confirmed kill or a confirmed Flash.

Got Ashe in ARAM. Their Noct, Taric and Khaz kept diving the HELL out of me. I can't count how many times they dived right after the other. Usually barely survived with an ult or a Gragas ult, or Leb instagibbing someone without them noticing. Gave me a heck load of kiting practice though.

After checking, I really shouldn't have tried kiting Taric with AAs. Dazzle actually has slightly longer reach. :/

ElectraStar

I started playing ARAM because I was getting tired of SR Elo Hell (I've had my damn WOTD ready for 3 days now), but I haven't had much better luck. I always end up with Lee Sins and Nocturnes who insist on building squishy and engaging 1v5's.
I mean, I get that it's about trying out new champions, but how can I do that when they're suiciding the entire time? So annoying.

Snowman

Iceborn Gauntlet isn't really a good choice for her. She doesn't have enough attack damage to make use of the Sheen, and her abilities aren't really spammable to proc it often. You kind of just blow everything at once and W keeps ticking.

Sejuani is really strong late game, and as such she is very reliant on items. The gold sink on Iceborn Gauntlet is too high to make it valuable. You could actually buy Warmog's + Kindlegem for just 100 gold more.

Huh, interesting, just played a couple games with her building warmogs/spirit visage instead and it does seem a lot better, what's your typical build on her at the moment?

mercviper

Reading over the Vi fixes coming, I thought her E reset was intended to be that way for the repositioning element of it and to make engage->disengage trades faster. :|.

Did you find something more concrete besides "making it more snappy"?

Edit: found this
E- The reason E feels slow is because it doesn't just reset your auto, it also halves your attack frame. This causes the E attack to hit twice as fast, creating a longer space between it and your next attack.
000X00 normal attack
0X0000 E attack
You're still effectively increasing your number of attacks per second due to the auto reset but I recognize that it FEELS a tad clunky regardless. Will look into ways to make it feel better. Would also need to consult live about this. A faster E would give her a ton of power.

scy

Er, not sure what you're getting at but, yeah, it's real. Gypsylord designed Vi so those changes mentioned will be coming. Q will refund on interrupt, R will actually grant CC immunity during the dash (but not during the dunk), and then some frame smoothing on the E reset.

I'll look for it again but the basic of it is that Vi's E backloads the auto animation while her regular auto attack front loads it. Basically making auto -> E -> auto to have a longer "nothing happening" delay between the E and the second auto compared to going auto -> auto.

BlazinAm

Er, not sure what you're getting at but, yeah, it's real. Gypsylord is Vi's designer, if I recall, so those changes mentioned will be coming. Q will refund on interrupt, R will actually grant CC immunity during the dash (but not during the dunk), and then some frame smoothing on the E reset.

But that is the best part....it is how I get doubles.

I did notice her e had a chunky animation but I thought it was the point.

Edit: what is with mercviper and scy's avatars, from a game or something?

scy

But that is the best part....it is how I get doubles.

Er, the dunk right now is still CCable (though the dunk still happens ala Darius ult and other similar abilities). You can disrupt her ultimate DASH right now, however, which shouldn't be the case.

And the explanation of the E:

Yes, the E should ALWAYS give you more attacks per second.
Every attack has a windup followed by a hit and a winddown.

Say a normal attack's windup takes 4 frames to windup and then 6 frames to winddown. The total attack time would then be 10 frames. Vi's E hits twice as fast but does not decrease her total attack time, resulting in a windup of 2 frames and a winddown of 8 frames. Again, the total attack time is 10 frames.

But Gypsy, don't autoattack resets speed up your attacks? If her attack time stays the same where is she getting the benefit?

Well dear reader, the benefit comes by canceling the winddown of the PREVIOUS attack. Say Vi attacks three times. Attack frame windups and winddowns will look like this:

4+6,4+6,4+6 = 30 frames
If we just want to see the # of frames between each hit:
4!10!10!

Now say she puts an E in the middle of the sequence, using it to CANCEL the winddown of attack one. Attack frames will now look like this:

4+0,2+8,4+6 =24 frames
and # of frames between each hit looks like:
4!2!12!

So you see using our imaginary time units Vi's E grants gives her faster DPS over three attacks, BUT the time in between attacks 2 and 3 ends up being a bit longer, causing her E to feel sluggish.

On the bright side of things, the E hitting twice as fast means a pro Vi can animation cancel EARLIER and use that time to run after (or in front of) her target.

Edit: what is with mercviper and scy's avatars, from a game or something?

A member of Manga GAF did Pixel Art avatars for us. Mine's Beatrice from Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

mercviper

Er, the dunk right now is still CCable (though the dunk still happens ala Darius ult and other similar abilities). You can disrupt her ultimate DASH right now, however, which shouldn't be the case.

And the explanation of the E:

Yeah read over that thread just now. Suddenly everything makes sense.

A member of Manga GAF did Pixel Art avatars for us. Mine's Beatrice from Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Mine's Maes Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist. The only person that rivals my mancrush for Hughes is Roy Mustang from the same series.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeah read over that thread just now. Suddenly everything makes sense.

Mine's Maes Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist. The only person that rivals my mancrush for Hughes is Roy Mustang from the same series.

I approve of this mancrushing.

scy

As far as I know, neorice is taking a break now that 100 Avatars have been made (which, on that note, that's something like ~14 a day were made?).

That and they're limited to our regulars (and some lurkers).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Huh, interesting, just played a couple games with her building warmogs/spirit visage instead and it does seem a lot better, what's your typical build on her at the moment?
I have been building Spirit Stone -> early Haunting Guise -> Spirit of the Ancient Golem -> Liandry's. It's really probably not optimal, but it works so maybe I can't really complain. I will probably move to higher early HP builds that are less focused on early clearing.

Macattk15

The worst is when they threaten with what heroes they'll play if they don't get their desired role:

"I'M GONNA GO TEEMO IF YOU MAKE ME GO SUPPORT"
"IF I DON'T GET MID I'm GOING SUPPORT VEIGAR"

honestly, I just need to dodge whether someone says that, or if someone picks Veigar

An opposing team's Veigar destroyed us in one ranked game.

Snowman

I have been building Spirit Stone -> early Haunting Guise -> Spirit of the Ancient Golem -> Liandry's. It's really probably not optimal, but it works so maybe I can't really complain. I will probably move to higher early HP builds that are less focused on early clearing.

Sweet, might give that a try, I've been going for the Spirit of the AG almost straight away while leaving liandry's until really late, might mix things around a little so I get it a little earlier if that's working for you.

Now that my friends have switched to East and West has become an absolute cesspool of morons and terrible people, I'm switching to East too.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

I started playing ARAM because I was getting tired of SR Elo Hell (I've had my damn WOTD ready for 3 days now), but I haven't had much better luck. I always end up with Lee Sins and Nocturnes who insist on building squishy and engaging 1v5's.
I mean, I get that it's about trying out new champions, but how can I do that when they're suiciding the entire time? So annoying.

Stop feeding nub.

Kat tips:

-Her early game is poor. Q is basically her only farming option.
-Don't underestimate W. While not very damaging, it can proc her Q, give you that bit of movement speed to chase/escape a champ, and is pretty spammable with some CDR. Personally I think maxing W over Q is viable against a melee champ.
-Her E is an excellent positioning tool. Buy wards to jump over walls and stuff.
-Her ult isn't as potent as it once was, but it's still strong. Bait enemy CC before using it. It won't give you an easy penta unless they're all low, but the main point is to have someone die and use the reset to use all your skills again.

To start, buy boots+3 or wards+pots.
Early game, get a Haunting Guise or Revolver and Magic Pen boots (Merc treads are viable against heavy CC).
Mid game, get an Abyssal and then Deathcap.
Late game is situational. If you're getting blown up get Zhonya's. If they're stacking MR get Void Staff.

scy

-Don't underestimate W. While not very damaging, it can proc her Q, give you that bit of movement speed to chase/escape a champ, and is pretty spammable with some CDR. Personally I think maxing W over Q is viable against a melee champ.

Her W is better than Q against basically any champion in mid (or top) lane. Granted, it's harder to effectively use than her Q so stick to Q first until you get comfortable with her kit.

Early game, get a Haunting Guise or Revolver and Magic Pen boots (Merc treads are viable against heavy CC).

Just skip the Revolver, honestly. The Spell Vamp from it isn't a big deal and the AP is negligible (and Kat AP scaling is mediocre anyway).

The biggest Kat tip I can give is to memorize what her E range looks like. Always know when you're in range to attack with it while also giving yourself the option to back out if needed. Know your opponent's ideal rotation so you know your openings. That is, be ready to jump when they blow their skillshots and leave themselves vulnerable. Jump to them and W and get out (or, if they have long cooldowns, close-range juke for awhile to W again).

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, revolver is pretty useless.

Also, use your ult a lot, it has a pretty low CD and you can set your opponent pretty low for your next engage and just kill with Q+E+W+ignite.

Yeah I agree, Revolver isn't that great. If you want sustain, buy pots.

Free champs this week.

Sejuani (6300)
Zyra (6300)
Ezreal (4800)
Rumble (4800)
Renekton (4800)
LeBlanc (3150)
Blitzcrank (3150)
Singed (1350)
Evelynn (1350)
Taric (1350)

zkylon

zkylewd
Also sale:

Skins:
Guerilla Tristana 487rp
Recon Teemo 260rp
Urfrider Corki 487rp

Champs:
Teemo 292rp
Udyr 395rp
Ziggs 487rp

---

Nothing for me this time, again...

I'm prolly gonna try out more Zyra and Eve.

scy

Yeah, revolver is pretty useless.

Also, use your ult a lot, it has a pretty low CD and you can set your opponent pretty low for your next engage and just kill with Q+E+W+ignite.

Yeah, never be afraid to harass with her ult. A QEWR when they're in the middle of lane can shred them to 25-40% health depending on their MR, your stats, etc. Forcing them to back off of that is worth the cooldown. Hell, you'll have your ult by the time they back and return to lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom