• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

W goes on cooldown when placed so it can't be that he hits it again to pull in. It happens when the lantern is clicked clicked (which goes with what the tooltip says anyway).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't really like manga, just a very small portion of anime and anime films.

Manga I've enjoyed Battle Royale a lot, but other than that I don't remember liking anything else.

I used to read Bleach, Once Piece, and Naruto pretty religiously back in the day. But I just tired of waiting for the story to move forward every week, now there are like 200 chapters that I have no desire to plow back through.

brian!

i don really love manga but i think naoki urasawa is da bomb, and also watching dragonball z when I was in 7th grade was probably pretty important to me

scy

I don't really like manga, just a very small portion of anime and anime films.

Manga I've enjoyed Battle Royale a lot, but other than that I don't remember liking anything else.

We can do suggestions and stuff. We're a lot more than basic shounen stuff.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
i don really love manga but i think naoki urasawa is da bomb, and also watching dragonball z when I was in 7th grade was probably pretty important to me

Monster and 20th century boys are too confusing.

I do enjoy Happy! tho. My first sport manga.

zkylon

zkylewd
We can do suggestions and stuff. We're a lot more than basic shounen stuff.
I just don't care much for comicbooks, manga or otherwise, that's it. Nothing against them, I just like either books or anime better.

I'd like, though, to someday get around reading Satoshi Kon's work because he is/was one of my favorite people in the world, and also Akira, Berserk and Evangelion (if they ever finish it).

Captain Tsubasa was the shit back in the day here in Argentina.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Amumu unnerfed on PBE. My dreams will never come true. How did the Tresh art get okayed? It's so bad.

brian!

Monster and 20th century boys are too confusing.

I do enjoy Happy! tho. My first sport manga.

they are just kinda pulpy stories, I love the way he draws though
like when I read what he does, I can feel how much he loves making them, kinda like Tarantino palpably loving film in his movies

Blizzard

Banned
One of my (female) friends was complaining that Thresh is not a sexy (male) bard support, but is instead a monster support.

Ingame someone was complaining that Thresh was NOT a monster.

I guess no one is ever happy. :p

Ok so I'm gonna do Cho jungle. What do you guys build him?
Machete + pots start
EQ start, then RWEQ. 2-3 points on E is ideal so don't pump everything into W early.

My first items are usually t1 boots and Sightstone. Sometimes I keep Machete, sometimes upgraded to Spirit Stone. I rarely ever upgrade to Spirit of Ancient Golem.

I rush Glacial Shroud afterwards. After that it's all situational for me because he's just so versatile. Just pick from any of these items:
- Mobility (gank heavy), Treads, Tabi, Zerk (if buying Ancient Golem)
- Frozen Heart
- Rylai
- Wits
- Abyssal
- Liandry
- Ruby Sightstone
- Deathcap
- Shurelya
- Randuin
- Bulwark

I usually aim for Treads, Rylai, Wits, Liandry, Frozen Heart, Abyssal

i dunno about rylais seems mighty expensive for a jungler + not so hot of an item on brogath
I replaced RoA with it since Cho doesn't need the mana. Even if Cho gets a lot of free health, you can't really rely on having max stacks all the time. Sometimes you just need dat nuke to secure the kill for someone else.

AoE Liandry + slow is sweet.

dimb

Well that was kind of funny I guess. Mana costs on Tresh are too low btw.
leagueoflegends2013-0xoj8d.jpg

leagueoflegends2013-06ljul.jpg

Neki

Ok so I'm gonna do Cho jungle. What do you guys build him?
AS reds
Armor Yellows
MR/level blues
movespeed quints (I use AP quints because it uses the same page as Maokai)

9/21/0

Machete + 5 pots

R > E > W > Q (except Q at level 2)

Cho does decent strong level 2 ganks, if one lane is trading well in your favour, try to set up an early gank to blow a flash by using well placed ruptures

I try to get at least boots + flask on my first trip back. My boots of choice are usually mobility because I can build machete into spirit of ancient golem

If I'm playing well I skip sightstone and go straight into Abyssal Scepter - > Frozen Heart - > whatever you like

otherwise, sightstone into tanky jungle items with preference on cdr/ap

JesseZao

Thresh is eerily similar to a male support concept I had a few months ago. Now I have to buy him.

I had a lantern placement ability, pickaxe/hook, unique items dropped by dead minions that only he can pick up, trap ult. If only getting a career in video games was so easy.

Feature

Banned
This tresh sounds like a bastard to play against. I'm going to try to dua lane him with blitz just for fun. Or imagine this guy jungling and a blitz support. Grabs all over the place.

dimb

Thresh grab is not what you think it is. It doesn't pull people very far.

Snowman

Thresh looks kind of fun, which sucks, because I was gonna try and stop my habit of buying every new champion, and get into playing just one role more. Oh well, always good to have another champion for when I need/want to play support.

dimb

Thresh looks kind of fun, which sucks, because I was gonna try and stop my habit of buying every new champion, and get into playing just one role more. Oh well, always good to have another champion for when I need/want to play support.
I have good news for you then: he's not that fun.

dimb

Have you been playing with an adc that you can actually communicate with though? Seems like that would be pretty key?
I didn't do that much testing. It would not have a significant impact on how I feel about him as a champion though.

dimb

You don't like him at all then?
I like his voice I guess?

Otherwise not really. Don't like the look of him. Don't like the feel of him. Wonkiest autoattack in the game because Riot is going super far out of their way to make sure he doesn't show up anywhere but bot lane.

His kit is just really awkward to me. His ultimate is like a joke. There is no range to it because it spawns on top of him. It is like trying to position a Veigar wall if the wall spawned directly off of Veigar. Really easy to jump the wall too, and its effects aren't worth the difficulty of its use. The wall will break after being crossed so you probably shouldn't expect it to have an impact on more than one enemy. Lulu has a 925 range two second (decaying) 80% slow on her Q. Range is even further if you use E right.

Q grab just feels bad. Slow to come out and it feels like you're locking yourself up at the same time. I don't understand the extra damage passive on it. Doesn't fit his kit at all but his harass in lane is terrible anyways so I dunno. He becomes very all or nothing. Picking up the orbs for stats just feels like a hindrance. Can it pay off? Yeah, but it's very snowbally, and the risk on picking them up feels very high and makes your movement paths predictable at times.

His Sweep move is maybe the worst. Just super unimpressive. Low range again, doesn't really displace people in the way you would want it to.

Lantern is absurdly good. It might as well be his whole kit. Gives vision. Offers a shield to multiple allies. Good for getting them around. It does not feel like a very active ability though, and it is highly reliant on your allies.

He feels like a bodyguard or something since his follow up post grab is so poor (again, very reliant on his team). He doesn't seem like a good bodyguard to me though. If champions dive in on top of him he cannot do much to protect himself or a carry. He will probably be super weak to champions that come all in on him like Leona, but also to harass like Lulu or Sona with their range advantage.

Really feels like I'm falling out of touch with the game. I don't get excited to play anymore.

Last batch of champs haven't proven to be fun enough to keep me interested. Stale lane composition also makes each game feel boring and more like a chore once I get ingame. I've been playing for about two years though so I've received good value for the money I've put into it.

It's probably time I find something else to play.

Ferga

Really feels like I'm falling out of touch with the game. I don't get excited to play anymore.

Last batch of champs haven't proven to be fun enough to keep me interested. Stale lane composition also makes each game feel boring and more like a chore once I get ingame. I've been playing for about two years though so I've received good value for the money I've put into it.

excited to play?

I play because I want to disappoint myself day after day with my bad plays.

Hauk

Neo Member
the ability to move teammates against their will is a trollfactor of 10.

Let's make it more like Dota 2, Pudge having an ability to hook and pull teammates to him, like Blitz grab for friends and enemies. And Keeper of Light's Teleport Ally style spell. Probably a lot more similar skills, as it is Dota after all.

Wondering if they start to introduce more spells along this line for new champs in League..

Neki

Let's make it more like Dota 2, Pudge having an ability to hook and pull teammates to him, like Blitz grab for friends and enemies. And Keeper of Light's Teleport Ally style spell. Probably a lot more similar skills, as it is Dota after all.

Wondering if they start to introduce more spells along this line for new champs in League..

Riot would never do that since that's anti-fun.

garath

This is like...the opposite of where the game is at right now.

I've got to agree with dimb here. Lately you can see almost any champ do well in almost any lane.

I saw a team win with an accidental random pick LeBlanc top. Mid is a crap shoot now. You see AP, bruisers, AD casters, amumu, even the sporadic AD carry.

I've seen bot lanes go double AD and win, Melee AD and win. Top lane is assassins, bruisers, AD carries. Jungle is a wide variety of stuff. StVicious played a jungle Ezreal in a recent tourny.

The lanes are more dynamic than ever.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Take a break. There is no point in playing if you're not having fun.

Also; man I hope Lee Sin can safeguard to Thresh's lantern. Think about it:

Land Q, W to lantern, teleport to Thresh, Q kick. Nobody would know what the fuck is going on.

Think of the trolling possibilities!

Willectro

Banned
Does LoL do anything when players drop? I played a couple games last night where someone on my team quit before the game had even started and we ended up getting steamrolled. It would be nice if the remaining 4 players got a buff or something.

Does LoL do anything when players drop? I played a couple games last night where someone on my team quit before the game had even started and we ended up getting steamrolled. It would be nice if the remaining 4 players got a buff or something.

Nah. Wouldn't really be fair on the other team, not their fault someone on your team left. Would be impossible to balance.

Plus 4 v 5, while definitely a big setback, isn't necessarily game over. Depends on who you lose I suppose. Losing your AP carry or even your AD carry can be really sucky, but you can survive without a jungler tbh. Just have to play safe and well coordinated.

First Win of the Day Bonus.
Coop vs AI

Any form of buff is just a no. You can go 5-man premade and drop one player. Ambush one lane to score a first blood then have your teammate reconnect. Same goes for any kind of increased gold income. If you suggest that the player completely be opted out of the game, what if it was a legitimate disconnection?

Personally, I think the best way is to reduce the surrender timer by around 5 mins per disconnected player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom