• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sejuani, Sejuani, and Sejuani.

I agree with this, based on the last game I just played:

hc6X7.jpg

THE MIGHTY BOAR SLAYS ALL.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Yeah, typically "one shotting" people means using a characters complete combo in LoL, since essentially only Nidalee sniping squishies or a fed Veigar can actually oneshot someone. It's a bit wrong, but flows easier off the tongue than "one comboing" someone.

It flows. To down them in one burst no matter the method usually just means within a few seconds of initation or outright at iniation death.

Ferga

You keep saying "one shot". Do you mean R + E? DFG + R + E? R with nothing else? Using more than one ability sounds like the more than "one shot" to me. :p

Secondly, can someone run the damage numbers on this? Just off the top of my head, I thought both DFG and R have their max magic damage set as % total enemy HP. This means that unless they have crazy magic pen (Eve does build that, we'd need to know your Miss Fortune magic resist), their max early game will be limited to 35 (45?)% max health, or whatever the minimum value of DFG + R is. Maybe the pure minimum flat damage of R + E is enough to do 100% of Miss Fortune's health at level 10 from a level 9 Eve but I find that hard to believe.

Thirdly, I would almost be surprised if Eve managed to get DFG by level 9 while going 1/3/2 unless they were rushing it as the first item, let alone consistently do so. And I think someone was just posting on here or saying in the lobby that rushing DFG first on Eve is not very good anymore.

Lots of people use "one shot" to mean 100-0 in a few seconds. It bothers me, but that's how it is.

Playing Eve as she is now, she does a lot of damage once she hits levels 5+ and you can outtrade/force out most mids in lane around then without any items. Whoever said rushing DFG first on Eve is bad is clearly wrong. It's one of the strongest items in the game for burst mages right now.

I use one shot when someone dies purely through a spam of skills. Like a lux combo would be a one shot.

Neki

Just got this weird bug where it said I had 10 seconds left to choose and then it auto-randomed me a hero

dat Riot

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just got this weird bug where it said I had 10 seconds left to choose and then it auto-randomed me a hero

dat Riot

Dat Adobe Air client. It's such a buggy piece of crap, I don't understand why Riot just doesn't create their own in-house client. Surely they have the funds and manpower to do so. I'm sick of accepting custom game invites and then waiting up to 45 seconds for it to put me in the lobby.

Neki

Dat Adobe Air client. It's such a buggy piece of crap, I don't understand why Riot just doesn't create their own in-house client. Surely they have the funds and manpower to do so. I'm sick of accepting custom game invites and then waiting up to 45 seconds for it to put me in the lobby.

Now my wait timer is up to an hour because I dodged a Wukong jungle earlier.

thanks riot

Hello guys (and girls (though there are no girls on the internet))

I'm new here, and I wanted to introduce myself as I play LoL and would be happy to discuss about the game with you.

I play on Eu-W, am still not good at all -.- and use mainly Sona or Wukong.

That's about it, I think.

See you all around.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
There are no discussions here, just rage and tears. Also Corgis and Pandas from time to time.

zkylon

zkylewd
First serious Jungling experiment:

idwD7enb7vMSY.png

First match I did pretty good, I think, got a good gank top, had mid waste Flash once, counterganked and we got 2 for 0, etc. Not great but had a good start. Enemy team had crazy CC (Galio, Sona, Warwick and Garen) so fights just never turned out our way and we lost.

Second match was bad all around, I didn't get results on my ganks and all the lanes did terribly on their own, plus Shen did way better than I did. Also we had Rumble support and AD Yi top doing terribly.

Third match I did the craziest level 3 tower dive I've ever seen and got first blood and just did great all match, thanks to a team that held its own without me and followed through well. I was the enemy Nocturne's nightmare, the dude couldn't go anywhere without running into me. I didn't gank as much as counterganking and holding objectives, but it was alright. We also had an AD Yi top, but this one was awesome :D

Few things I've learned:
  • I'm doing blue>wolves>wariths>golems>red>gank top/mid>wraiths>gank the other one> base. Seems to be working ok. I use about 3 or 4 pots but it feels like I could use less.
  • I almost never gank bot. It's just never the time, there are always wards, etc...
  • I bought boots of switness because I'm dumb and mistook them for mobility. Still unsure about them. I might try sorc's,
  • I'm doing machete->boots->first mega machete thingie->glacial shroud->boots of <something>->giant belt->abyss->second mega machete thingie->iceborn. I dunno about later, probably Zhonya's/GA.
  • I didn't miss one smite, even on a very contested Baron :D (thanks to a lucky enemy stun lol)
  • I got my jungle stolen A LOT. Well, maybe not that much but I did get a hard time over that. On a few occasions I'd know about it and just ran in and killed the guy but still.
  • I really like being a jungler because I ward a lot and my buddy playing mid wards a lot and the random support you can usually count on warding so that's good.

Overall, I did better than I thought I'd do, so all cool so far. I'll stick to Cho for a while longer.

Sorry for the wall of text :p

falastini

You should do wolves before blue as they spawn while your waiting for blue.

Something like wolves.. blue.. wraiths.. wolves.. red.. wraiths/golems

Or wolves.. blue.. wraiths.. golem.. red.. wraiths

scy

[*]I'm doing blue>wolves>wariths>golems>red>gank top/mid>wraiths>gank the other one> base. Seems to be working ok. I use about 3 or 4 pots but it feels like I could use less.

Why start blue instead of wolves?

[*]I didn't miss one smite, even on a very contested Baron :D (thanks to a lucky enemy stun lol)

Smite can be used while stunned. If you steal one due to a CC'd Jungler, they're just bad at smiting (or you reflexed faster, whichever).

Neki

Do Wolves > Blue > Wraiths > (Either level 2 mid gank or wait for wolves) > Red > (Gank top or mid or bot)

Golems do just as much damage as red, so I wouldn't do them before red.

Also, this is your set path, but once you hit level 3, you should gank based on what lanes need help/camping, and what lanes are low/gankable.

zkylon

zkylewd
I start blue because I'm not very comfortable on the jungle so I don't want to ask much from my laners. Yeah, I know, but I don't wanna get too trashed if I do terribly.

Smite can be used while stunned. If you steal one due to a CC'd Jungler, they're just bad at smiting (or you reflexed faster, whichever).
I was gonna nomnom+smite too early but got stunned, so waited a bit and then got it right on the second time :p

y2dvd

I've had a losing record ever since the elo reset occurred and have been down about it. I finally build myself back to a winning record and can feel comfortable again posting in this thread ha!

Volimar

I've had a losing record ever since the elo reset occurred and have been down about it. I finally build myself back to a winning record and can feel comfortable again posting in this thread ha!

Pfft, I'm complete shit and I post in here all the time.

Snowman

I get bored of playing one role really quickly, but I wanna get really good at one instead of just getting slightly better at all of them slowly, help?

Snowman

stick to 2 roles then? or just play a role with different style champs

Might try sticking to 2 roles, been jungling a lot lately but now I really feel like playing support for some reason. I think if I try playing just support/jungle i'll eventually miss playing as a carry though, maybe I just have to accept my attention span isn't long enough and just continue switching roles like every week.

zkylon

zkylewd
Holy shit Eve nerf

Ult has 20 seconds longer CD and is based on current health.
Holy shit that's brutal. Q's apparently nerfed a bit too.

Also, new Kayle skin is BAWS. Lightsaber? YES PLEASE

I get bored of playing one role really quickly, but I wanna get really good at one instead of just getting slightly better at all of them slowly, help?
Playing just one role isn't ever good. You might be really good at playing that guy but it serves to know many different champions and to understand the trials and tribulations we all go through.

I know I'm finding enlightening to play jungle for the first time.

Ketch

played my first solo que in a LONG time. I didn't do bad, solo top vs. sing and sejuana, went 3/0/11... but in the post game lobby I noticed I bought 2 pairs of boots... smh I'm such a newb.

new kayle skin reminds of darksiders angels.

zkylon

zkylewd
Just got pounded to the ground by a Maokai mid. Was just checking his abilities, and holy shit that guy scales like crazy.

It's the second time this has happened to me, either I'm terrible or Mao mid is super underapretiated.

Snowman

Playing just one role isn't ever good. You might be really good at playing that guy but it serves to know many different champions and to understand the trials and tribulations we all go through.

I know I'm finding enlightening to play jungle for the first time.

I guess, but I'm at a point where I've been through each role several times now and I can play every one decently, I just want to get properly good at one!

Just got pounded to the ground by a Maokai mid. Was just checking his abilities, and holy shit that guy scales like crazy.

It's the second time this has happened to me, either I'm terrible or Mao mid is super underapretiated.

Mao is a good mid. He was actually really supposed to be mid until someone popularized him as a jungler. He sucks against heavy sustain mids though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I guess, but I'm at a point where I've been through each role several times now and I can play every one decently, I just want to get properly good at one!
Never get bored, that's my motto. If what your playing's boring, just do something else. You'll get the urge to go back eventually, and playing to get better is only worthwhile when it doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the game.

Q was nerfed last PBE build (.45 AP/AD -> .4 AP/AD). It's been reverted.
Ah, ok. I had a buddy that just played Eve for the first time and got fed all five matches he played with her. He was crushed when I told him lol :p

Mao is a good mid. He was actually really supposed to be mid until someone popularized him as a jungler. He sucks against heavy sustain mids though.
Yeah, no shit, I was playing Lux and he'd just throw babies at me I couldn't outrun (he had a great aim, I gotta say) and when I was <50% he'd just baby+flash+root+ignite me to death.

Really tough lane. I was also trying turning off smartcast indicators and my brain just couldn't proper process my skillshots :p

Blizzard

Banned
I have been practicing AD ranged recently, and of course I rarely do very well, but I got lucky last game and did decently with Vayne. I was moderately outfarmed by an AD Twisted Fate early on, but shortly before the other team surrendered I finally got enough items to ult back into lane and kill him in a few shots. Maybe it's just the *thunk thunk thunk* sound effects, but Vayne is one of the most satisfying champions to do heavy damage with, to me.

Ketch

Makes me sad when people think the only reason for the jungler to come to a lane is for killz.

This so much.

I've been playing with friends since I started, they're all lvl 30,hundreds of matches deep, and I'm just about to hit 20. I've been lvling on warwick jungle because I feel it's a good way to learn the whole game. It's HARD to gank pre-ult with warwick, so they tease me a bit by saying "no ganks before 6".

Truth is: yes, it's hard, but not impossible, and just because I show up in your lane doesn't mean we need to get a kill.... we can damage the enemy forcing them to burn a flash or even recall, I can zone the enemy out for a bit for free farm or lane push.

I don't always have to come in from the river either, if I just finished a full clear of the jungle or am about to go back myself I can I show up in the lane for a bit just to say "Hi!, I might jump on your face"

Jungle is not all about ganks, it's about providing another solo lane, creating a fear of the unknown, and capitalizing on the enemies mistakes, sometimes coming down and standing in the enemies warded bush can be enough to get into their head.

At least that's what I think... being lvl 20 and all.

Edit: What do you guys think of taking exhaust instead of flash on jungle ww?

Ken

stop jungling ww

jungle someone like...

mantheon

(don't do this)

also not playiing lol for the past few days has been refreshing (liberating).

Einbroch

Banned
I just experienced the most epic throw ever.

Opposing Corki triple kill within the first five minutes. Double kill two minutes later. Score was 3-15 at 14 minutes.

Came back and won in 44 minutes with a final score of 35-38. THE THROWS.

Edit: HOLY SHIT KAYLE'S SKIN'S E. HNNNNGGGGG.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I don't like WW at all. Like Malph or Skarner, I don't like my whole gank potential to be linked to a high cooldown ult. He's got other uses but still.

Cho cho cho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom