• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
It took forever to get it, and I know it'll probably go away soon, and I still don't think I have Santa Nashor, but yay ribbon. Too bad it doesn't stack with the honorable opponent ribbon. :<

ribbon1jk25.png

Nunu doesn't offer much in lane as a support himself, mostly a buffbot with the occasional snowball. If your ADC is bad, you're kind of screwed. If the game doesn't extend to the late game, you're kind of screwed.

Support is a terrible way to reliably gain elo through your plays. You're left at the whims of your team. However, a good support is a great way to make the most out of the advantages your team has. Essentially, the higher you get in elo, the greater the chance that a relevant support can create a winning situation.

@Nunu top - On behalf of all bruiser players everywhere, I hope you die in a fire.

Edit: Oh wait, you said AD.

omg this is so untrue man

firstly nunu is about as op as it gets (on par with lulu)

secondly, there are many diamonds who support only and go straight up the ladder

I don't think the argument about relying on the ADC is a valid one because if you're the ADC you're just as reliant on the support. And don't do the whole support can't carry cause that just isn't true.

edit: maybe i should actually read the rest of your post before posting. I will concede that playing support at 1200 I can assume is pretty frustrating but once you get ~1700? maybe? there are many support mains and they occasionally single handily win the game. (zyra root, taric stun, nunu slow, janna tornado)

IsayFever

I don't get honour anymore. I only get reported for not dying with teammates.

It doesn't let me report you for some reason, but I'd report you for being too sexy

Real talk though, Summoners Rift has for the first time in 3 or so years become so boring I can't stand to solo queue for anything but TT or Dominion

Ferga

secondly, there are many diamonds who support only and go straight up the ladder

I don't think the argument about relying on the ADC is a valid one because if you're the ADC you're just as reliant on the support. And don't do the whole support can't carry cause that just isn't true.

edit: maybe i should actually read the rest of your post before posting. I will concede that playing support at 1200 I can assume is pretty frustrating but once you get ~1700? maybe? there are many support mains and they occasionally single handily win the game. (zyra root, taric stun, nunu slow, janna tornado)

I've played adc for the past 20ish games in 1500. 17 out 20 of those games, my support had no idea what they were doing. They would initiate behind the enemy wave, lost half thier life to minions and then blame me for not going all in to die with them. There are almost no support players in this elo. There were more (good) support players in 1300s than 1500s.

Bloody hard to carry with adc here. Bloody hard I tell ya.

Hauk

Neo Member
So much skins on sale! Nice opportunities, but I never buy skins.. Fizz is tempting me. He is still good right? I remember there's a bit of a learning curve to him but also remember that he is a bitch to deal with when faced. All those tricks to get to safety and slowly eating your health away with DoTs.

Q8D3vil

So much skins on sale! Nice opportunities, but I never buy skins.. Fizz is tempting me. He is still good right? I remember there's a bit of a learning curve to him but also remember that he is a bitch to deal with when faced. All those tricks to get to safety and slowly eating your health away with DoTs.

if you like high risk low reward champion then he is good.

Neki

I think I might main support so I can just play Lux 100% of the time

dat support lux

erragal

Madlife's pixel perfect grabs are insane. Just proof that even on the absolute highest level blitz completely warps how the game is played.

erragal

Neat. Force duo lane into mid to create less angles for blitz grab. See how this plays out!

Edit: Terribly. To be fair that wasn't even a hard grab..
kog just left himself out there.

scy

Outside of laning phase. Within it, he's not super-amazing. He gets a multiplicative buff (though it lets you forgo/put off ASPD during laning) so the value of Blood Boil is low at the start of the game and ridiculous at the end of the game. Snowball is his harassment in an even lane and it can be dealt with. He offers no hard CC or sustain otherwise. His ult is fairly player skill dependent on getting the most out of.

Once a Nunu lane starts to win, he becomes a huge threat. Any item advantage is that much larger. He's able to zone that much better. It's that much harder to escape him (or his ADC) so getting caught out is that much worse against a winning Nunu lane. In a losing lane, he helps let the ADC keep up but doesn't get to do much else himself. He's melee range. He doesn't have much to do when forced passive besides Blood Boil and counter engage with his ult.

Come full item builds, Nunu with a full build ADC (gg 6-item Caitlyn) is insane. That's why he's picked. You could be forced to 2v1 the lane and Nunu with an end-game ADC is still worth it, honestly.

Quite a few of them don't play support at low elo ranges. Some don't even recommend trying to play just support to carry yourself.

If you're the ADC, you're probably more reliant on the support. Creating the opening is harder than taking it. What I said was that a support won't carry a game, they'll create situations for the team to use. It doesn't matter how amazing of a support player you are if your team does nothing with what you do. That's what I mean when I say you're reliant on your team.

Granted, the same can be said about a lot of other roles. Like, a fed Kha'zix that picks off their ADC but the team still manages to die somehow due to engaging 2v4 or staggered fights or whatever. A good enough top, mid, ADC, etc. player can just have such a huge item advantage (+ mechanics advantage) that it's easier to single-handedly carry a game from one of those positions. A good enough Support will greatly increase your team's odds of winning in basically every team fight.

So basically my point? :x

I will note that low elo range supporting has the added advantage of dedicated support players being so rare that, if you're a good support, you'll basically guarantee bot lane wins before jungle involvement. Getting an ADC + dedicated support player is just that big of a difference over ADC + "I called top, gg don't respect call order I pick Tryndamere" Support.

EXGN

I see Korea has finally picked up on support Elise. Shits ridiculously good, regardless of whether it's a 2v2 or 1v2 lane. There is a reason she is XiaoXiao's (Invictus) most-played support.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
zyklon said:
You're making Poppy sad

At least poppy skin is designed to be horrifying, Ahri on the other hand isn't intentional at all, it is just bad =/ Zero creativity, bad model, shitty arts, same old animation, recolored spell effects....

I've played adc for the past 20ish games in 1500. 17 out 20 of those games, my support had no idea what they were doing. They would initiate behind the enemy wave, lost half thier life to minions and then blame me for not going all in to die with them. There are almost no support players in this elo. There were more (good) support players in 1300s than 1500s.

Bloody hard to carry with adc here. Bloody hard I tell ya.

Rex you need my Exhaust + Ignite Soraka with 3 Atk Damage Quin.

Dat level 1 all in fight. If we won that we will snowball the game, if we lost the first fight we just afk play some yahoo! game or something. I miss playing Yahoo! pool and connect 5.

scy

At least poppy skin is designed to be horrifying, Ahri on the other hand isn't intentional at all, it is just bad =/ Zero creativity, bad model, shitty arts, same old animation, recolored spell effects....

I actually like Foxfire Ahri.

I'm surprised she doesn't have better skins though, all things considered.

Rex you need my Exhaust + Ignite Soraka with 3 Atk Damage Quin.

AD Reds are more efficient, I believe.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh Achtius, why would link me to that thread. Dude is going to get his organs harvested.

Cathcart

OK so like Riot posted this whole thing about season 3 qualifiers and how I'm supposed to tune in, uh, now I guess? So would it have killed them to include a link to where this stream is? What am I missing here?

Cathcart

Awesome, thanks. That's exactly the kind of thing I expected on the official site. Time to go root for Man Dinh.

Edit: oh right it's at 2. Way to add, me.

garath

Well there goes another $20 turned into the rp currency.

I bought Dragonblade Talon already. Trying to decide if the sona skin is worth the money. I don't play her as much anymore preferring Zyra or Leona for support if I'm playing the position.

I also want the Morgana skin simply because it's an amazing skin, but I NEVER play Morgana. In fact, I'm not sure if I've even played her once. Guess I grabbed the champ when I was picking up cheap IP champs.

What do.. what do.

scy

Well there goes another $20 turned into the rp currency.

I bought Dragonblade Talon already. Trying to decide if the sona skin is worth the money. I don't play her as much anymore preferring Zyra or Leona for support if I'm playing the position.

I also want the Morgana skin simply because it's an amazing skin, but I NEVER play Morgana. In fact, I'm not sure if I've even played her once. Guess I grabbed the champ when I was picking up cheap IP champs.

What do.. what do.

Purchase everything.

Play the champ only in ARAM.

Forget you bought the skin.

Cathcart

Boo, looks like there is only one stream but multiple games going on at the same time? There is a countdown now for Fear vs Team Towerdive but I was hoping to watch Epik. Looks like I'll be able to check it out later on Leaguepedia, though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Good I dislike that Ashodin guy ... he was quite a tool in GW2.

Pretty sure the organ thing is a joke lol, someone pointed out that based on his user page, he had been active in the forum without making any update. So it could be one big troll thread, but the replies are pure golds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom