• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I have to disagree. Her bubble is an incredibly unreliable stun and that can be avoided with summoners or mobility spells. Taric has a reliable stun that can't be dodged...

625 Range vs 875 Range. It has flight time just like Aqua Prison does so you can still position to neutralize the stun (though, yes, it will still land).

And if someone uses Flash to dodge her 14s cooldown stun, I'll take that as a win.

...and massive armor shred/and bonus armor with his W whereas Nami is very squishy even with proper items.

And Nami adds bonus damage (+25 Magic Damage at Rank 1; that's 500 Gold worth of AD) with a slow. Hence why I said more offensive. She harasses and pressures better. It's also at range. Taric's is an all-in at melee range which limits his effective range a lot.

Nami's heal is also pretty bad in that, it can only bounce if you're near an enemy champion. Otherwise it will only heal one target. Taric can heal both himself and another target and increase the effectiveness of said heal if he only uses it on himself.

Position for it then. You should almost never have Ebb and Flow JUST heal. It should at least heal and damage. Taric's heal does scale better (+40 per Rank vs +30 per Rank) with far better scaling (+0.6 AP vs +0.3 AP) but it also has over twice the base cooldown (20s vs 9s) and Imbue isn't maxed first compared to Ebb and Flow.

Nami requires more to play than Taric (skillshot stun, positioning heal/damage) but she offers a lot more pressure and zoning potential than Taric does. She's really good with Caitlyn (stun + trap, her damage buff) and ADCs with a good amount of burst (Draven, Varus).

Edit: I don't think she's one of the best supports (Lulu, Sona, Nunu take that crown for the most part) but she's still one of the better options alongside Taric, Zyra, etc.

zkylon

zkylewd
Surely that just means you're good for how much you've played? I'd almost take it as a compliment, definitely not a bad thing, unless you really are getting trashed every game now?
I'm probably not nearly as good as people that have like 2000 matches under their belt but it just makes for very unpredictable matches. Sometimes it's just a pubstomp and it feels kinda cheap to get matched against a whole team of guys over the 2k wins while I have 600, barely.

Boken

Banned
Guys, should I go for the rune page bundle or should I just buy 3 (giving me a total of 5 pages) and save some rp?

Super noob here determined to finally figure this genre out, so bear with me. I'm more used to the Diablo movement style. Is there no way to flip the left and right mouse buttons? I can't seem to do in the key bindings.

Also, does shift make you stand in place while attacking a la Diablo? I like to use that for shift, then use my hot keys as v c x z. Is that weird?

Go into your Riot Games/League of Legends/Config fonder and find the Input.cfg file

The line:
evtPlayerMoveClick=[Button 2]

You could try changing that to Button 1. I'm not 100% this will work the way you want though. You will still have to right click to attack.

There is no stand and attack button. You can however press s to stop your character.
If you're used to diablo, you could try using smart cast for all your abilities. Either change the same in the cfg file or you can just do that in game

There are a lot of new people in here lately : D

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Game types in League of Legends

Summoner's Rift - The One True LoL; 5v5

Twisted Treeline - Play Summoner's Rift instead; 3v3 5v5

Dominion - More like Dumbinion; 0

ARAM - Actually have some fun

Game types in League of Legends

Summoner's Rift - The One True LoL; 5v5

Twisted Treeline - Play Summoner's Rift instead; 3v3 5v5

Dominion - More like Dumbinion; 0

You forgot your favorite. Play only ARAM after you get WOTD.

Edit: Pancakes knows whats up.

6CtNbUg.gif

HE'S ON FIRE!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What are you doing, why did you build that, why aren't you peeling for me.

ARAM is the secret ultra-competitive mode, I'm just waiting on ranked ARAM.

The funny thing is that it actually does makes you better at teamfighting.

Volimar

What are you doing, why did you build that, why aren't you peeling for me.

ARAM is the secret ultra-competitive mode, I'm just waiting on ranked ARAM.

ARAMs are so much fun. Mostly because absolutely nobody rages in ARAMs. I mean, I think we all know how silly it would be for someone to bitch about someone else's build in a custom match anyway, and in ARAMs it'd be even sillier since we're all stuck with whatever champs we get. That's why it's so nice that no one takes ARAMs too seriously and everyone just sits back and has a good time.

Ferga

I buy RP so I get better matchmaking. That's how it works right?

I mean I see pro streamers have like 50k RP and they are diamond Elo. Can't be a coincidence.

zkylon

zkylewd
I seem to have forgotten everything there was to know about Diana, because I'm doing terrible with her again. I think Ryze is kind of a counter (champ I was laning against) but still I feel pretty rusty.

And I'm kinda not 100% sure about Caitlyn. I like some of her dynamics but teamfighting is pretty much right clicking on dudes, which is kinda boring to me. I mean, at least with Graves I'll probably use all my abilities, with Cait it's just pew pew pew. It really is cool, though, how she completely owns her lane.

I'm right now doing BT->PD->BC->GA->Mercurial/or something. I think I might just get rid of the GA and get Mercurial then and then IE or something, because I feel her lategame's not that strong, at least compared to Graves'.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is Dragon Trainer Lulu that bad?
I personally dislike it. You don't even get a flower trail off of your W. The ultimate spell animation is much nicer but I would rather just use Wicked at the end of the day.

I played another games as Zed and went 8/9/19 as jungler.

I can definitely see the appeal of him as a Jungler but i suck so bad as an AD champ its hilarious.

Fiddle/Naut i feel competent jungling with, but with Zed, i feel like i'm slow as hell both in terms of getting around and farm/levelling up. He doesn't feel like a proper ganker either.

The range on his dash is too small to land it in a decent position without becoming glaringly obvious, by which point your E (slow ability) becomes useless due to its limited range.

OTOH, he's a perfect assassin, but that does sod all to quell the babbys aching for ganks when their game goes up shit's creek.

Late game was beast mode as i actually stacked some decent AD items but it just takes too long to get going, by which point i've been stomped on, my team has, or we're probably on to lose and i end up incurring the wrath.

Ferga

pdbL79Lh.jpg

Me and talon are bashed in champ select when we pick two assassins by the other 3 players.

"omfg where's our ap"

We both get destroyed by the jungler and end up with 0/3 (me) and 0/5 (talon) scores but we keep up in farm.

Bot just gets destroyed because i dont know

We both get abused in team chat for 10-15minutes after laning then BAM. Hard carry.

dimb

I feel bad for that Olaf. His build sucks though. Mercs are pretty wwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Unfortunately for myself I am feeling tempted to pick on hit Lulu back up. Like Sejuani I am finding myself drawn to unusual runes that I feel the urge to buy. At least Attack Speed Quints are not so expensive.

Snowman

I seem to have forgotten everything there was to know about Diana, because I'm doing terrible with her again. I think Ryze is kind of a counter (champ I was laning against) but still I feel pretty rusty.

And I'm kinda not 100% sure about Caitlyn. I like some of her dynamics but teamfighting is pretty much right clicking on dudes, which is kinda boring to me. I mean, at least with Graves I'll probably use all my abilities, with Cait it's just pew pew pew. It really is cool, though, how she completely owns her lane.

I'm right now doing BT->PD->BC->GA->Mercurial/or something. I think I might just get rid of the GA and get Mercurial then and then IE or something, because I feel her lategame's not that strong, at least compared to Graves'.

I wouldn't go BC on Caitlyn, get Last Whisper instead, more damage for your pew pew pew :p My general/usual build on most ADCs at the minute is BT -> PD/SS -> LW -> IE -> Warmogs/Randuins/Mercurial depending on the damage the other team has, I've kinda sacked GA off in favour of just trying to have better positioning, it's just so not worth it for how much it costs in terms of stats.

Boken

Banned
Get IE on cait instead of BT. She's already lacking in damage as it is. Only get BT if theres an incredible need for it

dimb

I do not think there is a champion I am worse at in this game than Nidalee. It just doesn't click.
Won my game even after feeding. Can't explain it.

Ferga

Why do people keep saying cait is not good late game?

She is up there with tristana and kog late game.

Her mid game sucks and that's it. Once you get your last whisper, you will kill anything you see.

dimb

Her mid game sucks and that's it. Once you get your last whisper, you will kill anything you see.
Who would ever even say that? Late game her passive destroys.

Boken

Banned
Cait's late game power isnt about her passive... thats just a 10% damage increase. The passive doesn't actually crit.

It's her godlike range. She will shit on any adc not called trist or kog

Agkel

How do I know if a purchase will be refundable? For example I just got draven and his skin and only his skin shows up as refundable.

I dont intend on refunding him but I want to get fiddle bandito and if in 30 days a skin for him goes on sale, I would like to refund and rebuy. But I'm not certain if it will show as refundable once bought.

bjaelke

How do I know if a purchase will be refundable? For example I just got draven and his skin and only his skin shows up as refundable.

I dont intend on refunding him but I want to get fiddle bandito and if in 30 days a skin for him goes on sale, I would like to refund and rebuy. But I'm not certain if it will show as refundable once bought.

You can't refund the champion when you still have the skin (just like you can't buy the skin, if you don't own the champion). So refund the skin and then the champion.

scy

Get IE on cait instead of BT. She's already lacking in damage as it is. Only get BT if theres an incredible need for it

BT is generally more cost efficient due to the better AD. That said, Cait needs IE and doesn't really get much out of her abilities anyway so the higher raw AD vs Crit/CritDmg% isn't quite the same.

To be fair, bad on-demand steroid. Rather, no on-demand steroid.

Still, IE + SS/PD + LW and she basically gives zero fucks. I just don't like her lack-of kill potential in lane without a gank / hard CC support / someone better at trapping than me. Still one of my favorite ADCs though.

Agkel

You can't refund the champion when you still have the skin (just like you can't buy the skin, if you don't own the champion). So refund the skin and then the champion.

So if I get bandito fiddle skin now, I'll have 30 days for a refund on the skin?

If so, I'll think I'll do this and hope the skin goes on sale in that time otherwise I might just keep it if I dont click with another champion the way I have with fiddle.

Boken

Banned
So if I get bandito fiddle skin now, I'll have 30 days for a refund on the skin?

If so, I'll think I'll do this and hope the skin goes on sale in that time otherwise I might just keep it if I dont click with another champion the way I have with fiddle.

Just wait for the sale, unless you love that skin

Samyy

Whaaaaat. Graves late game is kind of weak too.

Graves late game is hyper carry status....
He may not beat vayne or kog but he dishes out a shit ton of damage, his attack speed buff is nasty and is a great reposition as well as the smokescreen the really fuck with others when duelling.

Hay all. I just got into this game at the weekend and having a lot of fun with it. Currently playing support as soroka and seem to be doing ok with it. Only lvl 6 currently

My basic strat is:
• bottom lane
• Leave gold (last hitting) to the person im in the lane with
• Let the other people go for champion kills (I just keep there mana and HP up and lower Ability armour and silence enemies when needed)
• I will go for the odd kill if im the last chance of getting that last hit in.
• Items I got for AP, Mana regen and cool down reduction.

Any tips? is this about right?

Also I wouldn't mind trying other play styles out. Any champions you could recommend me?

Cait is the worst adc in the game. She does no damage for most of the game. By the time you start doing damage the game is already over because you weren't doing any for 90% of it. Her ult feels like a tap on the shoulder. Only good thing is her range.

scy

Graves late game is hyper carry status....
He may not beat vayne or kog but he dishes out a shit ton of damage, his attack speed buff is nasty and is a great reposition as well as the smokescreen the really fuck with others when duelling.

Cait is the worst adc in the game. She does no damage for most of the game. By the time you start doing damage the game is already over because you weren't doing any for 90% of it. Her ult feels like a tap on the shoulder. Only good thing is her range.

Well then.

mercviper

Hay all. I just got into this game at the weekend and having a lot of fun with it. Currently playing support as soroka and seem to be doing ok with it. Only lvl 6 currently

My basic strat is:
• bottom lane
• Leave gold (last hitting) to the person im in the lane with
• Let the other people go for champion kills (I just keep there mana and HP up and lower Ability armour and silence enemies when needed)
• I will go for the odd kill if im the last chance of getting that last hit in.
• Items I got for AP, Mana regen and cool down reduction.

Any tips? is this about right?

Also I wouldn't mind trying other play styles out. Any champions you could recommend me?

I would say you're doing pretty well. Once you hit about lvl 20 you'll run into lane setups that have a jungler and if you aren't doing it already, you'll want to have a constant ward in the river so you don't get caught with your pants down 2v3 when someone isn't visible on the map.

If you want to continue playing support, Sona and Taric are other good choices with a sustain model, but the rest of their kits allow you to be a little more offensive than Soraka.

scy

Other thing worth noting is getting useful team-oriented items like Locket of the Iron Solari and Aegis of the Legion / Runic Bulwark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom