• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have multiple skins for a number of champs. Off the top of my head I have 2 or more skins for Maokai, Amumu, Annie, Corki, Nocturne, Kayle, Malzahar, Nunu, Wukong.

mercviper

I have multiple skins for a number of champs. Off the top of my head I have 2 or more skins for Maokai, Amumu, Annie, Corki, Nocturne, Kayle, Malzahar, Nunu, Wukong.

I have multiple for Annie already. I feel bad for my Frankentibbers because he never sees the light of day. Panda Annie, if I get her, will likely also be subject to that treatment. :x

Personally I've always been against trading in ARAM, kinda ruins the whole point IMO.

That and dodging. -_-

njean777

So yesterday I was told Vi was OP. what do you guys think? I play her a lot and I have noticed that sure she has a lot of burst, but she is easy to take down by adc or ranged magic.

I tended to think Derpius (aka Darius) was op, but after playing with Vi against him, he is an easy takedown most of the time.

Ferrio

Banned
So yesterday I was told Vi was OP. what do you guys think? I play her a lot and I have noticed that sure she has a lot of burst, but she is easy to take down by adc or ranged magic.

I tended to think Derpius (aka Darius) was op, but after playing with Vi against him, he is an easy takedown most of the time.

No, she's fine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I think she is bad in the jungle, and not very good in lane. Too easy to create separation with her or foil her burst. There is a better bruiser than Vi in every situation. After she combos she is just kind of...there.

njean777

No, she's fine.

Yeah thats what I kept telling them, although your avatar is OP in lane :p. I hate Riven so much, she is the only top laner I have a huge problem with. Her shield, get away combo or initiate combo are really annoying.

I think she is bad in the jungle, and not very good in lane. Too easy to create separation with her or foil her burst. There is a better bruiser than Vi in every situation. After she combos she is just kind of...there.

Well her job is to take out the adc in team fights, that is her number one priority. She is a great ganker though due to her Q if you manage to hit them. She just bursts down adc's so fast. In team fights she can be useful as long as you have the right items. She can tank somewhat and initiate if you do not have any other tank. She is viable in a couple of ways. Also I have heard she is a great jungler... havent tried it yet with her, but plan to when I get better at jungling.

Bloodthirster, Black cleaver, Trinity force, Zephyr, Runic Balwark, and boots of swiftness (with aclarity) = almost unstoppable in 1v1 situations, or survivability in team fights along with damaging everybody with her E.

I think she's pretty good in the jungle, to the point where I haven't lost with her in the jungle yet. Her ganks are OK pre-6, but once she hits 6 her ganks are devastating. She's certainly a better jungler than top laner.

scy

@Vi - Since her W is HP% shred and her E is Total AD, she can get away with the League of Giant's Belts build of Frozen Mallet + Warmog's as a core instead of a glass cannon BT/BC build. Greatly improves her shield, gives her the sticking power she needs, and lets her dive and disrupt fairly well.

Kind of wish CDR worked on her passive or it did something about CCs. Then again, that'd probably be too good. Her biggest problem is that she's a bit too in-between Irelia and Olaf right now as far as diving bruisers go.

dimb

Well her job is to take out the adc in team fights, that is her number one priority.
This is meaningless to me because she just ends up trading one for one. It would be another issue if she could initiate, but she is incapable of doing that. There are many other assassin type champions that can target out single champions but also have some amount of escapability.
She is a great ganker though due to her Q if you manage to hit them.
I just do not see this. With her R she is capable of pulling down a gank, but it is very difficult for her Q charge to produce anything meaningful. It's all about follow up. She has no way of holding the target in place long enough to be effective, and a single flash can completely neuter her attempt. For her pre-six ganking she might as well be Warwick or something. She gets easy clears with her shield, but a jungler who offers no utility is almost worthless in my eyes.

She is hyper reliant on the rest of the team to do everything for her. In a 5v5 she isn't going to be the one initiating. She isn't going to be providing any peel, or enough CC to catch anyone out. She doesn't really hinder the opponent at all, and it really increases the workload for the rest of the team.

mercviper

Just some things I'm noticing...
This is meaningless to me because she just ends up trading one for one. It would be another issue if she could initiate, but she is incapable of doing that. There are many other assassin type champions that can target out single champions but also have some amount of escapability.

Trading a bruiser for an ADC is a pretty big swing for a late game team fight.

I just do not see this. With her R she is capable of pulling down a gank, but it is very difficult for her Q charge to produce anything meaningful. It's all about follow up. She has no way of holding the target in place long enough to be effective, and a single flash can completely neuter her attempt. For her pre-six ganking she might as well be Warwick or something. She gets easy clears with her shield, but a jungler who offers no utility is almost worthless in my eyes.

I still don't understand why you think forcing a flash is a wasted gank. I assume Xin is a terrible ganker in your eyes as well.

Agkel

Can we do a Wallet of Shame and tally the amount we've spent in the game? :D
I'll start:

6 weeks playing / $185 spent

***Also we should get someone from Riot to give us ip boost or some rp, just cause were gaf XD

mercviper

Can we do a Wallet of Shame and tally the amount we've spent in the game? :D
I'll start:

6 weeks playing / $185 spent

***Also we should get someone from Riot to give us ip boost or some rp, just cause were gaf XD

I believe I'm around $225 over 3? 4? years, including my most recent purchase. There isn't really a complete purchase history chart I can look at so I don't know the exact amount of spending.

I held off spending anything for the first year or two and then I compared my (lack of) spending to what I did with WoW, and I had justified my WoW spending with what I had spent in arcades.

Agkel

Derp double post, so I'll just edit this one to be the Wallet of Shame!!!

User------------------Time Playing------------------ SHAME
Agkel------------------ 6 Weeks --------------------- $185
Jazzy------------------35 Months ------------------ ~$300
mercviper--------------36 Months ------------------ ~$225
Achtius----------------24 Months -------------------- $20
scy--------------------07 Months ------------------ ~$250
zkylon-----------------08 Months -------------------- $35
Diprosalic--------------24 Months -------------------- $0 (Boooooo!)
Ferrio -----------------18 Months ------------------- ~$120

dimb

Trading a bruiser for an ADC is a pretty big swing for a late game team fight.
Maybe in S2. I do not feel that the trade is quite so beneficial now. If it was more guaranteed I could see the value, or if it's someone like Kha'Zix who can come in and move back out safely, but to me Vi going in is a coin toss. I definitely feel like it is possible for the AD carry to survive Vi's assault when they can jump away after the slam.

Other assassins typically aren't as focused on just getting a kill and that being their goal. Usually they can mop up low health targets, poke, control the lane, push reliably, and/or provide a better distraction. Vi has none of those traits inherently.
I still don't understand why you think forcing a flash is a wasted gank.
Waste of the junglers time in most situations, especially when they can ward and easily avoid further Vi ganks.
. I assume Xin is a terrible ganker in your eyes as well.
How is Xin the same at all? He has a knock-up and a slow that doesn't decay and is able to make excellent use of red buff.

scy

Edit: ~$250 and I've been playing for ... 7 months? Since around June 2012.

I just do not see this. With her R she is capable of pulling down a gank, but it is very difficult for her Q charge to produce anything meaningful. It's all about follow up. She has no way of holding the target in place long enough to be effective, and a single flash can completely neuter her attempt.

A Flash used is a successful gank. It's pretty hard to get away from a Vi with a Phage/Frozen Mallet without using it (or some other built-in kit escape, of course).

Also, her Q-Auto-E is a rather large amount of damage. 6% MaxHP, ~150 Damage from her Q (1.4 Bonus AD + 100 base Damage Q), 35 Damage from her E (3 points in for this Level 6 Gank), and 3.15 Total AD (2 Autos, E's scaling). So 6% MaxHP, ~500 Damage pre-Armor. Tack on an extra 250 from her ult (1.4 Bonus AD + 200 base Damage) to chase their Flash/escape.

...and, well, whatever damage the laner is doing. Remember, we're arguing what does she do in a gank. She has a guaranteed targeted hard CC gap closer and a serviceable skill-shot gap closer and high burst damage output. That's fairly far from being completely terrible.

She is hyper reliant on the rest of the team to do everything for her. In a 5v5 she isn't going to be the one initiating. She isn't going to be providing any peel, or enough CC to catch anyone out. She doesn't really hinder the opponent at all, and it really increases the workload for the rest of the team.

Anyone left straggling behind is more-or-less lost due to her ult's suppress. She can also use it to hard CC in the middle of a fight (or, in a pinch, use it to peel). I do agree that she works better with someone else to initiate but it's not like she doesn't do anything at all in a team fight. She is a bit reliant on actually getting to auto-attack but that's not that hard to do as a melee once you actually do close the gap and she'll be getting in range.

Other assassins typically aren't as focused on just getting a kill and that being their goal. Usually they can mop up low health targets, poke, control the lane, push reliably, and/or provide a better distraction. Vi has none of those traits inherently.

Vi's R-Q(no charge)-Auto-E at end-game is around 1200-1500+ damage. She very easily can pick off someone with low health.

And she does push lanes very well. It's her biggest flaw in lane is that her harassment/poke is tied to her wave clear. She also clears an entire minion wave (melees + casters) in a Q + E. They even line up perfectly for it.

Zeppelin

k6AaeCI.jpg

Fuck this game.

Darius was AFK for like 20 minutes in the end.

Edit: 100€ over 4 months.

zkylon

zkylewd
For all my bitching about Teemo, a good amount of top laners can beat him or outplay him. And then he's kind of meh come the late-game anyway, barring shroom-related objective control / we're all idiots and run through shrooms.
Yeah I'm just not used to the dynamics of top lane and I'll just get overpoked to oblivion. I know the idea would be to probably get blinded, hide in the brush until blind's over then go all out on him but I can never get it done right.

Derp double post, so I'll just edit this one to be the Wallet of Shame!!!

Jazzy------------------23 Months ------------------ ~$300
I have like 35 bucks over 8 or so months. Spent 100% on skins, most of them on sale, I guess that's what keeps my spendage low.

Getting ready to play this for the first time ever. Any newb resources I should read/be familiar with before I jump in?
The general guides over lolpro are kinda okish, I guess: http://www.lolpro.com/guides/game-play

Also on the topic of ARAMS:
* No trading
* All champs available for everyone
* If you die to minions or tower the whole enemy team gets gold. Even if it errs a bit and you weren't suiciding, I just hate suiciding as an idea, and it makes it all the more fun to try and survive however you can.

Sounds like fun.

Ferrio

Banned
~$120, for about 18+ months.

Yep 18 months, started when leona came out.

Also on the topic of ARAMS:
* No trading
* All champs available for everyone
* If you die to minions or tower the whole enemy team gets gold. Even if it errs a bit and you weren't suiciding, I just hate suiciding as an idea, and it makes it all the more fun to try and survive however you can.

Sounds like fun.

Boo, that's one of my favorite mechanics and one of the few "advanced" strats of aram. Being able to successfully suicide is always great, as well as denying someone as they're trying it.

Agkel

Updated Wallet of Shame!!!

scy

Boo, that's one of my favorite mechanics and one of the few "advanced" strats of aram. Being able to successfully suicide is always great, as well as denying someone as they're trying it.

And then ends up biting you in the ass when three people suicide and two towers get taken :x

Ferrio

Banned
And then ends up biting you in the ass when three people suicide and two towers get taken :x

Well, that's why I like it. It's one of the few aram mechanics that require thought. The other being "Don't kill that guy that's almost dead!" Too many times see people chase some barely alive chogath, when it's more advantageous to wait till a team fight.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's too serious for ARAM and it's just ugly to look at. I really like it in SR and I love when I pull it off by throwing snares and slows as Lux and they desperately try to catch me before I meet my doom :D

Updated Wallet of Shame!!!

User------------------Time Playing ------------------------------- SHAME
You might want to
Code:
 it to make it more readable

[code][B][U]
User[/U][/B]-------------------[B][U]Time Playing[/U][/B]--------------[B][U]SHAME[/U][/B]
Agkel------------------- 6 Weeks  -------------------  $185
Jazzy-------------------35 Months ------------------- ~$300
mercviper---------------36 Months ------------------- ~$225
Achtius-----------------24 Months -------------------   $20
scy---------------------07 Months ------------------- ~$250
zkylon------------------08 Months -------------------   $35
Diprosalic--------------24 Months -------------------    $0 (Boooooo!)

dimb

A Flash used is a successful gank. It's pretty hard to get away from a Vi with a Phage/Frozen Mallet without using it (or some other built-in kit escape, of course).
Blowing the enemy Flash is only useful is you capitalize on it, and I do not consider my ganks successful if I that's all I get out of them. Obviously it is a good thing, but it often requires the jungler to pay attention to that lane while the cooldowns are up. There are so many strong jungle gankers. Are you guys really going to sit here and tell me that Vi ganks measure up to what Maokai, Nautilus, Rammus, Lee, Sejuani, Nocturne, Fiddle, and Jarvan can do? I could keep going too is the sad part. Vi ganks are pitiful, and I'm not afraid of her with or without Frozen Mallet (which realistically is not happening early in the game).
...and, well, whatever damage the laner is doing. Remember, we're arguing what does she do in a gank. She has a guaranteed targeted hard CC gap closer and a serviceable skill-shot gap closer and high burst damage output. That's fairly far from being completely terrible.
You are already bringing up the laner and her level six ganks. A guaranteed gap closer isn't that great when the enemy can just run away after it's over. It's a very short single target CC with below average range on it.
Anyone left straggling behind is more-or-less lost due to her ult's suppress.
Let me give Vi a prize. Picking off stragglers. Nobody else in League can do that without having to blow fairly long CD ults.
I do agree that she works better with someone else to initiate but it's not like she doesn't do anything at all in a team fight. She is a bit reliant on actually getting to auto-attack but that's not that hard to do as a melee once you actually do close the gap and she'll be getting in range.
She has difficulty closing that gap though without blowing her ultimate, much more retaining it. This is a huge issue. She can't force fights but she can get kited around all day.
Vi's R-Q(no charge)-Auto-E at end-game is around 1200-1500+ damage. She very easily can pick off someone with low health.
That isn't enough to justify a slot on the team to me. Again, she also has no way to whittle targets down when it comes to health, and she is once again reliant on her ultimate to do anything. She can't get into the fight right away without committing completely, and at that point targets will likely be able to avoid her or escape.
And she does push lanes very well. It's her biggest flaw in lane is that her harassment/poke is tied to her wave clear. She also clears an entire minion wave (melees + casters) in a Q + E. They even line up perfectly for it.
It's one thing to clear lanes, it is another to push them. Without much to escape with Vi cannot push very hard, or contribute to team fights should they be forced in the way other champions can.

Agkel

You might want to
Code:
 it to make it more readable

[/QUOTE]

Ahh thx, was looking for a way to align it but didnt know how :)

Updated [I]Wall[/I]et of Shame!!!

[code][B][U]
User[/U][/B]------------------[B][U]Time Playing[/U][/B]--------------------[B][U]SHAME[/U][/B]
Agkel-------------------2 Months  -------------------  $185
Jazzy-------------------35 Months ------------------- ~$300
mercviper---------------36 Months ------------------- ~$185
Achtius-----------------24 Months -------------------   $20
scy---------------------07 Months ------------------- ~$250
zkylon------------------08 Months -------------------   $35
Diprosalic--------------24 Months -------------------    $0 (Boooooo!)
Ferrio------------------18 Months ------------------- ~$145
Inskipp-----------------36 Months ------------------- ~$135
Axispowers--------------27 Months ------------------- ~$500
Schmattakopf------------36 Months -------------------- $220
njean777----------------01 Months -------------------- $150

Blizzard

Banned
I still don't understand why you think forcing a flash is a wasted gank. I assume Xin is a terrible ganker in your eyes as well.
I agree. I think someone burning their flash is a good gank, and some junglers seem to come in early specific to make a champion burn flash, meaning that your opponent either plays more cautiously, potentially losing CS, or else they put themselves at risk for being ganked again, this time with no flash. It also means they can't use flash offensively during that cooldown.

njean777

I disagree about reliant on everybody doing everything for her. she can initiate easily and take out bruisers and adc's. she has gap closers and if they waste flash then just ult after. Never initiate with your ult as vi, always wait for the flash.

mercviper

How is Xin the same at all? He has a knock-up and a slow that doesn't decay and is able to make excellent use of red buff.

Because you say a single flash neuters her attempt to gank. You flash away from Xin after he gap closes and he's pretty useless too. He can't even get off the three talon strike without additional forms of slow/speed boosts.

Inskipp

Is there a way to check how much cash you've spent? I don't remember how much I've used over the course of 3 years (it's probly over 100€ for sure....)

dimb

Because you say a single flash neuters her attempt to gank. You flash away from Xin after he gap closes and he's pretty useless too. He can't even get off the three talon strike without additional forms of slow/speed boosts.
Save the gap closer until they Flash. Come on, this is just Jungler 101. Laners flashing is nowhere near as big a problem for Xin as it is for Vi.
I disagree about reliant on everybody doing everything for her. she can initiate easily and take out bruisers and adc's. she has gap closers and if they waste flash then just ult after. Never initiate with your ult as vi, always wait for the flash.
I have not seen her be capable of initiating without her ult (and even that I don't consider a strong initiation tool). In my games or at high level ones. Unless like...the enemy stands right next to you while you charge up your really obvious dash.

njean777

Save the gap closer until they Flash. Come on, this is just Jungler 101. Laners flashing is nowhere near as big a problem for Xin as it is for Vi.

I have not seen her be capable of initiating without her ult. In my games or at high level ones. Unless like...the enemy stands right next to you while you charge up your really obvious dash.

Bushes are important for that reason, sure they can ward, but if they don't, wait for a unsuspecting enemy and charge in bush and execute. You cannot always escape her charge, sure early game you can, but not later game. Especially during roaming phase.

Also I have seen and been apart of many Xins fail at ganking if you consider getting away from them and wasting your flash a waste of a gank.

mercviper

Why don't you apply this logic for a Vi gank? This assumes you can just walk up to them and pound them as Xin. Which means you can do the same with Vi and then chase with Q after the flash.

Edit: Conversely, it's laning 101 to not flash until after they gap close if you get ganked. This means jungler 102 introduces paths to gank without a gap closer, which is the #1 argument on why udyr/ww/skarner fail at ganking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom