• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
To me that's never good advice about blitz, cause no matter how prepared you are.. he's going to land a grab eventually.

I think the better strat is to lane someone who doesn't mind getting grabbed (leona?, and smacking him down when it happens. Make him afraid to grab you.
Well, assuming he's playing draft pick, yeah, you'd like to have a Taric/Leona supporting that can get out easily without blowing a summoner spell or ultimate and that can in fact be more harmful to them now that he/she's close.

Cait is a good ADC to run against Blitz since you basically have semi guaranteed brush control with your traps and minimum support effort.

EXGN

I don't think I've seen Archangels recommended as a first item, but you generally want to build tear early and get Archangels after you have a reasonable tank. Singed triggers Tear on his toggle so it basically acts as a super mana regen item early on.

This was back in like early season 2 when that wasn't the case. You could only activate it with the flip or glue.

Neki

So my team went crazy going for a first blood, blew all their summoners but they got it, but didn't give me any leash on my blue, so my red gets taken and I lose control of my jungle. I have no idea what to do if they start my red or steal it, feel like I'm working from behind for the whole game

scy

So one good adc would have made a difference? I feel like a team like that you have to counter pick, which obviously you can't do. If you ran that team in casuals there is no reason you shouldn't win 95% of your games. But that's kinda my issue. I feel like tanks deal too much damage. If your there to soak up damage you should not be getting kills left and right. They are semi broken (lookin at you garen). You can build a tanky xin or wu and still slaughter competition

An AoE comp would've been good against them. Most of those picks are unsafe laners that you can shut down. Your team has a weak late game (Shaco) but, conversely, a better sieging team so you can split push objectives. Their all-bruiser team hoped to get to late game and do a lot of straight up 5v5 fights.

And, as otherwise mentioned, a really good ADC would've shredded their team. Doesn't really matter which ADC, though preference to any with good kiting potential would be ideal.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Thanks for all the replies. I've never played anything but SR blind pick, and in that it is not possible to counter pick bc you cannot see their team. Thats why I feel like very few team comps would've been prepared for that.

hey, im also wondering what is skarners best build? tanky? ap? I like to either get one or the other. I feel like if you try to do both you are not good at anything (tanking) and not bad at anything (decent damage).

Also, random, but who do you think has the coolest alt? I vote Noc (of course)

scy

Thanks for all the replies. I've never played anything but SR blind pick, and in that it is not possible to counter pick bc you cannot see their team. Thats why I feel like very few team comps would've been prepared for that.

Any team comp with an ADC would've been fine if they played well. Bruiser bot lane (which is basically all the team comp was as bruiser top/mid/jungle isn't that rare and/or expected anyway). It's a cheesy strategy that tries to bully their way to the end-game.

Ferrio

Banned

hey, im also wondering what is skarners best build? tanky? ap? I like to either get one or the other. I feel like if you try to do both you are not good at anything (tanking) and not bad at anything (decent damage).

Also, random, but who do you think has the coolest alt? I vote Noc (of course)

Build him tanky, absolutely not AP.

Second ever game as Lux:

Game lasted over 70 minutes. The enemies pushed us to our inhibs at about 40 mins. For the last 30 mins we were just defending non-stop. We'd defend, kill a few of them in team fights through really good team play and then get baron or a tower. We somehow managed to hold on and hold on. I'd catch their carries with my Q or our awesome jungle Ali would get his stun combo off on one.

We picked a few off at around the 70 minute mark and did an all out push to win it.

Such an amazing game, more exciting than any game I've watched at a tourney.

Had the highest kills in the game, just absolutely owned in team fight phase. Loving Lux.

I guess I'm back on board with this game...

dhcOHxo.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Lux :3

But yeah, Rylai on Lux is sacrilege. I basically rush a Chalice, then NLR into a Rabs, then build Athene's, Void Staff, Warmogs (lol) and then if the game lasts long enough probably a DFG or Zhonya's.

Also I think the thing about Thresh I don't like is that there doesn't seem to be a counter to his lantern. I kinda wish it maybe had a health bar and you could break it like a ward or something.

mercviper

So my team went crazy going for a first blood, blew all their summoners but they got it, but didn't give me any leash on my blue, so my red gets taken and I lose control of my jungle. I have no idea what to do if they start my red or steal it, feel like I'm working from behind for the whole game

If you can tell they started or plan to steal it ahead of time, you might be better off trying to steal theirs to even it out in response. It's also another reason why when invading or expecting an invade, warding your own objectives early is a really good idea.

Blizzard

Banned
Also I think the thing about Thresh I don't like is that there doesn't seem to be a counter to his lantern. I kinda wish it maybe had a health bar and you could break it like a ward or something.
I asked before but don't remember a response -- can't the enemy stand on the lantern and prevent it from being used? I thought that was what the spotlight or one of the champion tips said.

Funny thing is, we played these guys twice in a row. First game we got stomped 4-20something and surrendered immediately.

Second game I got fed off a bad invade early and snowballed from there.

lolgravescarrygaf_zps0a0a6e23.png

EXGN

So I've been fooling around in Dominion and boy is SOTD + IE Shaco fun. Deceive gives you one crit, then you pop SOTD and get 3 more + bonus damage if you attack them from behind. Closest thing to an AD nuke I've ever seen.

Too bad Shaco is stupid in solo queue :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If anyone is interested in Xypherous comments about health, resistances, etc.:

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01/xypherous-on-health-vs-resistances-and.html#more
I feel like much of this is ignoring the fact that health is a defensive measure against every type of damage. I can always buy it and it will always be good in every situation. On the other hand if I have invested heavily into armor and find myself up against the enemy team's mage I am out of luck.

zkylon

zkylewd
I asked before but don't remember a response -- can't the enemy stand on the lantern and prevent it from being used? I thought that was what the spotlight or one of the champion tips said.
Hmmm, that'd be alright, I think.

I like froggen's lux build more than my normal build.

But i'm 100% screwed if I don't get the second blue
What is it?

Frankly I feel Haunting Guise is pretty terrible on Lux. If you need health go for Rod of Ages and solve most your mana problems while you're at it. I personally don't see a need to buy early health items on her but later on a Warmogs comes in handy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
And it will feature an even MORE obnoxious laugh.

Blizzard

Banned
Top lane Thresh too much fun.

Late game tank with 5k HP and 300 Armor, gg.
Now imagine you were Nasus and all those minions farmed turned you into a late game tank with a Q that kills turrets!

Though Nasus doesn't have a Blitzcrank pull, tragically.

zkylon

zkylewd
Welcome to Thresh's champion spotlight. My name is Phreak and I am here to show you our new support champion, I play Thresh as any role but support.
Thresh benefits from Trinity Force just as any other champion, except maybe Lee Sin. You should build at least two, since awesomeness always stacks.

Agkel

fuck people agghhhh!

lv 30 nid brings along lv 6 friend(im 19 atm), which matches us with a pre of 3 people. Derpest nid in the history of the world. Fed bot Cait 8 times, I swear if it not for the money ive spent I would have rage so fucking bad my great great grandsons would be banned.

Fuck this, Ill stick to only fid, that way I can pick up after the fucking derps!

RAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE

edit: I hate that matchmaking does that, I solo queued, these two tards queue as a group, so we get pitted against a pre >:{

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh my goodness Leona is such a fun support, squishy lanes get run through the grinder.

It's funny cause it's true.

The fucking Lulu spotlight had him playing her as a legit jungler lol.

Margalis

Banned
1. So I played a game a few days ago against a team of (Voli, Xin, Wu, Vi, Mund). WTF are you supposed to do with a team like that. They went tanky and it literally would take 4 of us to gank and kill Mundo alone, let alone 5 of them. Our team wasnt the best composition (shaco, jax, lux, teemo, ? forget 5th), but it was a little ridiculous...

You need DPS and either great kiting or great peel to beat a team like that. A squishy front-liner like Shaco is one of the worst things you could have had. Lux has pretty awful DPS so that doesn't help either.

Ideally IMO you would have something like Ryze mid, Vayne/Nunu bot and some big bodies in top and jungle. They are mostly physical damage. Physical damage teams tend to start off really strong because bruisers have high base stats and damages, but it you can outlast them often you'll start winning fights past 30 minutes or so as their damage doesn't scale up that much and your team builds armor. You see this happen in competitive play a lot now, where an all physical damage team either stomps the other team or loses a 50 minute game.

For blind pick...sometimes you get screwed.

Neki

I'm starting to think I need a Liandry's instead of a Void Staff on Lux. People don't even get MR anyone more, they just get tons of fucking health, it's obnoxious.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm starting to think I need a Liandry's instead of a Void Staff on Lux. People don't even get MR anyone more, they just get tons of fucking health, it's obnoxious.
I don't think it's worth it, really, Lux's E is AoE (I dunno if the ult is) and she's got way too much cooldown to make good use of it.

Also Void Staff is great. Not as good as Abyss but on Lux it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom