• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

M5 (gambit gaming) used to run Kennen AD with great success. His early lane pressure is/was unmatched.

It was pretty good against this comp as well. Alternate wanted to be able to poke and then run away from a distance, but Kennen can help his team lock down Alternate with his ult and prevent them from escaping. Ashe is probably the only other ADC that is able to lock down a team with that efficiency.

bjaelke

It was pretty good against this comp as well. Alternate wanted to be able to poke and then run away from a distance, but Kennen can help his team lock down Alternate with his ult and prevent them from escaping. Ashe is probably the only other ADC that is able to lock down a team with that efficiency.

The aforementioned and thoroughly discussed Varus would also be an option.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wickd went against the grain with a Riven maxed E first, if I recall, in World Championship. It didn't go well. Granted, he A) Lost lane to begin with and B) Isn't known for his Riven but he wasn't operating under some secret pro logic here.
Wait I always maxed E first with Riven....

That might explain things...

Updated Wallet of Shame

If it weren't for those Lego thing on Garen's new skin shoulders, I would be excited about it...

Also, how is Hecarim in the jungle? thinking of getting him now that he is on sale.
Mark me down for a total $55. Slowly but surely, I'll Corgi myself to the top.

Is this the game of the forever? I've played 112 matches in 6 weeks and have used only annie jax fiddle garen and draven with oh so many others I want to try...

Although seeing some of your serious talk and seeing replays of pro people, scare me a bit that I wont be able to do well when I hit 30 and everything goes poo poo.
Level matters little, really, you got a hidden normal elo that determines who you're match up against, so don't worry too much.

----

Also Morello's apparently saying that there will be another skin for Lux, more in the lines of what we'd like, in addition to Steel Legion. That's pretty cool, though it doesn't bode well for Steel Legion's sales I imagine and I'll guess I'll wait and see if it's not on a decent sale.

scy

I watched Wickd max Q on Fiora with my head on my hands. Pros do dumb things.

You're supposed to max Q first on Fiora. R > Q > E > W, though you want the early point in W for the flat AD (QWQE or QWEQ).

Yeah, E is easily her worst skill to max.

Edit: Granted, E makes her approach safest but she won't trade nearly as well. W is easiest to work with but Q is just flat out the best for trading.

Ferrio

Banned
I watched Wickd max Q on Fiora with my head on my hands. Pros do dumb things.

Er what? Why wouldn't you max Q? It's surprisingly lots of burst damage early game.

EDIT:

Think it's totally matchup based. E if the lane has alot of poke, otherwise W.

Actually maxing W might be a bit old strat, man I haven't played Riven seriously in ages.

EXGN

His ulti has over 1000 in range. It's no Arrow, but I still think it's a counter to the poke compositions.

For what it's worth, Nidalee and Jayce both have better range than that. He could definitely work, I just think Ashe/Kennen are better. Plus I have a natural bias against Varus, I don't think he's very good :p

zkylon

zkylewd
Seeker's Arm Guard
Builds out 2x Cloth Armor and an Amplifying Tome
+ 30 Armor
+ 25 AP.
Unique Passive: Killing a unit grants .5 bonus armor and ability power. This bonus stacks up to 30 times.
Builds into Zhonya's Hourglass.

Does this sound like the bonus AP and armor are permanent? If it is, I really like this item, a 45 Armor and 40 AP mid level item is pretty decent for 1160, and it builds into Zhonya's which is great.

Yeah, E is easily her worst skill to max.

Edit: Granted, E makes her approach safest but she won't trade nearly as well. W is easiest to work with but Q is just flat out the best for trading.
So it's RWQE? Or RWEQ I guess.

I should try Riven again sometime.

scy

Er what? Why wouldn't you max Q? It's surprisingly lots of burst damage early game.

I can see the argument for W (free AD!) but it's too reactive honestly. There's some match-ups you'd probably do for it, I guess, but many of the ranged harassers are ones that Fiora beats out anyway with her triple reset. Maxing Q lets you harass harder and more often due to the lowered cooldown. Plus it scales nicely.

Seeker's Arm Guard
Builds out 2x Cloth Armor and an Amplifying Tome
+ 30 Armor
+ 25 AP.
Unique Passive: Killing a unit grants .5 bonus armor and ability power. This bonus stacks up to 30 times.
Builds into Zhonya's Hourglass.

Does this sound like the bonus AP and armor are permanent? If it is, I really like this item, a 45 Armor and 40 AP mid level item is pretty decent for 1160, and it builds into Zhonya's which is great.

I assumed it was tied to the item itself, hence why Zhonya's got an AP upgrade (though no Armor upgrade so it actually might've been just a flat AP boost to the NLR items).

It probably won't decay on death, if that's what you mean though. Hooray, free 15 Armor/AP!

So it's RWQE? Or RWEQ I guess.

I should try Riven again sometime.

For Riven? R>Q>W>E, QWEQ for the first four levels. If you fell behind early/want to Level 3 all-in instead of Level 2, QEWQ I guess. I just (almost) always hard push the lane to QW all-in a Level 1 opponent really.

If you're unfamiliar with her Q then, yeah, RWQE works I guess.

RQEW instead of RQWE is if you need the better shield to deal with their harass (e.g., Nidalee, Jayce). Honestly, I just RQWE them anyway :|

You guys are all ridonkulous maxing Q first. It's a nice poke, but if you get into a 1 v 1 it's useless. In team fights it's even worse. it's antithetical to how you would play Fiora in a teamfight (i.e. don't be the moron carry who dives in first).

W is much better for 1 v 1s because of the free AD and the skill/damage mitigation. If someone blows their load on you you can block one of their basics/skills and you have the AD to beat them in a trade.

The reset on your E means that in a teamfight you're a machine. If you've got that massive burst of attack speed from the higher levels of the ability over and over if you get the kills and the free AD from Riposte you're a monster in a fight. Way better than if you max your Q.

Maxing Q... that's just silly talk.

Ferrio

Banned
You guys are all ridonkulous maxing Q first. It's a nice poke, but if you get into a 1 v 1 it's useless. In team fights it's even worse. it's antithetical to how you would play Fiora in a teamfight (i.e. don't be the moron carry who dives in first).

W is much better for 1 v 1s because of the free AD and the skill/damage mitigation. If someone blows their load on you you can block one of their basics/skills and you have the AD to beat them in a trade.

The reset on your E means that in a teamfight you're a machine. If you've got that massive burst of attack speed from the higher levels of the ability over and over if you get the kills and the free AD from Riposte you're a monster in a fight. Way better than if you max your Q.

Maxing Q... that's just silly talk.

W is wrong period.

Past the first level you only get 5 attack per level. The damage increase is only 50 and does MAGIC damage, which you have no penetration for.

E first is not great either, as you don't have the damage to really take advantage of the attack speed that early in the game.

Q is also your highest cooldown spell you have, so not only do you get the damage increase (50 physical), but you go down to 16->8, compared to W's 10->6

The first point in W gets you 15 AD, but then only 5 AD per rank, and the skill does negligible damage, and it's on a reasonable cooldown. It really does nothing for you to max it.

scy

Wait, how is it useless in a 1v1 situation? You can Q-AA-Q-AA combo or Q-Auto-Q(disengage) to harass. The entire reason Fiora can do anything in lane is due to this. Q helps her chase. It helps her harass. It helps her trade. It helps her sustain.

If you're against a purely auto-attack based melee champion, sure, you won't get a lot out of Q but ... how many of these are you even going against?

+5 AD per rank (first point is 15) isn't that big of a deal. And you don't block skills that are not considered on-hits (and, generally, you don't block the on-hit portion).

Which is why you max E second (e.g., by level 13) for when team fights actually occur.

There are zero match-ups where E first is the best choice. There are a handful of match-ups where W first works but these are generally counter-picks or otherwise shitty situations. Generally speaking, RQEW is her skill-order with QWEQ or QWQE as her start.

Edit: Put another way, W is most efficient at one point (+15 AD, one hit block). The damage is okay but you're generally not relying on it. There's exceptions (Gangplank comes to mind, just W his Q and out-passive his passive) but they're merely that: Exceptions.

W is wrong period.

Past the first level you only get 5 attack per level. The damage increase is only 50 and does MAGIC damage, which you have no penetration for.

E first is not great either, as you don't have the damage to really take advantage of the attack speed that early in the game.

Q is also your highest cooldown spell you have, so not only do you get the damage increase (50 physical), but you go down to 16->8, compared to W's 10->6

Q does 140 damage if maxed first. When used twice it does 240. If you use the 2 immediately, it does 240 damage (base) before you can do it again, i.e. 35 damage per second.

Maxing W gives you 35 AD, depending on runes/masteries/items, you're probably close to 1 attack per second at level 9, if not higher. 1 attack speed with W maxed first would be 1 attack per second, therefore 35 AD per second. Even if your E is level 1, you get 60% attack speed, so you'd be at 1.6 attacks per second. That 35 AD at 1.6 attacks per second in a duel gives you over 50 AD per second.

Much more efficient.

mercviper

Q does 140 damage if maxed first. When used twice it does 240. If you use the 2 immediately, it does 240 damage (base) before you can do it again, i.e. 35 damage per second.

Maxing W gives you 35 AD, depending on runes/masteries/items, you're probably close to 1 attack per second at level 9, if not higher. 1 attack speed with W maxed first would be 1 attack per second, therefore 35 AD per second. Even if your E is level 1, you get 60% attack speed, so you'd be at 1.6 attacks per second. That 35 AD at 1.6 attacks per second in a duel gives you over 50 AD per second.

Much more efficient.

how often are you all-in on someone in your lane? the way you rationalize it you stick on someone the entire Q cooldown when you harass

how often are you all-in on someone in your lane? the way you rationalize it you stick on someone the entire Q cooldown when you harass

If I'm winning my lane (which I always do as Fiora), a lot of the time.

Edit:

Also the extra AD is much better for life steal scaling. Which is hugely important on Fiora.

scy

280, 1.2 bonus AD scaling, though you did 280 for the calculations despite saying 240. Since this is Fiora, we're talking about 1 AD/Level (Masteries) and ArPen runes so really just have the W passive AD with no +AD Runes. At Level 9, that puts her Q at around 310 damage or around 38.75 DPS. That said, this is a silly way to calculate the damage as DPS is a misleading value in a game like this.

For one, that's not how you calculate bonus ASPD. Secondly, Fiora needs ~50% ASPD (48.9%, I think) to reach 1 APS. She gains 3% per Level and you don't take ASPD from Runes or Masteries or Items, really.

Third, how many auto-attacks are you getting off in a given interval? Are you actually getting every attack off? Generally speaking, Fiora isn't going to face-tank anyone. You attack and disengage. Q+AA+Q or Q+AA+Q+AA disengage sort of combos. Just sitting there attacking at her listed ASPD should rarely ever happen.

Boken

Banned
Maxing W first on Fiora is definitely standard procedure.

Q "harass" is pointless if they can just smash you afterwards. Not only that, W makes Q better anyway
You dont get to stand and fight someone for 5s for her E. Not only that, W makes her E better!
W makes her ult better too!

neither Q nor E synergise as well with her kit as her W.

You usually trade with 1 or 2 AAs - W max is incredible for this. You get off two boosted AAs and they only get one? oh maaan. It also synergies more with lifesteal (this is important!)

dubble yu

scy

Maxing W first on Fiora is definitely standard procedure.

Q "harass" is pointless if they can just smash you afterwards. Not only that, W makes Q better anyway
You dont get to stand and fight someone for 5s for her E. Not only that, W makes her E better!
W makes her ult better too!

neither Q nor E work as well with her kit as her W.

You usually trade with 1 or 2 AAs - W max is incredible for this. You get off two boosted AAs and they only get one? oh maaan. It also synergies more with lifesteal.

dubble yu

:/

Boken

Banned
trust me, W is a lot better.

fiora isn't meant to spam some gapcloser like a nuke every 12s to harass her lane opponent.

she trades like a beast with W instead

like sure, if there are people you cant straight up fight you can max Q and cry (and if you cant straight up fight them you wouldnt Q them) - but even then, maxing W will help you last hit at tower.

scy

like sure, if there are people you cant straight up fight you can max Q and cry - but even then, maxing W will help you last hit at tower.

You max Q on the ones she does straight up fight.

And the first point in W is all you need for help when last hitting under tower.

If I'm winning my lane (which I always do as Fiora), a lot of the time.

In all honesty, it sounds more like you're going against people who don't know how to play against Fiora.

Also the extra AD is much better for life steal scaling. Which is hugely important on Fiora.

5 AD isn't that much for Life Stealing purposes. Granted, it's more than what a maxed Q gives towards life steal (0) but Q makes it easier to keep her passive up which is worth more than 5 AD worth of Life Steal%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom