• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Man the duoing system is really broken in ranked. I mean, it makes no sense that because I'm duoing with a higher elo friend he has to always pick first and I always have to pick last. I'm always left to support and then we get a player pick Orianna into an Annie and wonder why the hell he keeps getting blown up.

Why can't it be normally random? It seriously makes no fucking sense.

Well you're already at an advantage duoing....

edit: ^Ya does ranked do that? Thought it did... but never had an explanation.

zkylon

zkylewd
Then it's pretty fucking idiotic. edit: seen cathcart's post. Hmm, if I'm duoing I always get last pick, so I guess it's just duo that works like that. It's pretty dumb.

If you want to make duos fair match it against other duos instead. (which I'm sure already does)

zkylon

zkylewd
Well it makes sense because you're supposed to be matched with like-skilled players, so if a guy has like 30 more elo than you that doesn't really mean anything, so it'd be stupid if it were elo based.

Q8D3vil

oh wtf. I did not know that. I always thought it was ranked by elo. That is crazy.

S2 it was based on ELO, this seems to be new.

I rather be 2nd or third pick anyway, being firstp ick means stuck on playing jungle/ad/supp unless I believe that im good enough to pick mid/top.

y2dvd

I'm bias here but I don't find Sona boring at all. She can be hella aggressive, but you gotta be smart about it. The champ range priority on Q is about the distance of her auto attack. To land it consistently, you are putting yourself in hella danger. Gotta be smart about positioning your Q, otherwise you can get comboed to death by Taric/Leona/Etc. What I hate seeing is when a Sona is trying to harass with Q and steals a cs from the carry. Stop this!

She has many options with her passive which I've seen used wrong plenty of times due to mashing spells. Q passive to harass, W passive on carries in team fights, E passive to chase or run away.

That ult is too crucial.

Tl;dr: she has many nuances to keep in mind that makes her fun to play.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm bias here but I don't find Sona boring at all. She can be hella aggressive, but you gotta be smart about it. The champ range priority on Q is about the distance of her auto attack. To land it consistently, you are putting yourself in hella danger. Gotta be smart about positioning your Q, otherwise you can get comboed to death by Taric/Leona/Etc. What I hate seeing is when a Sona is trying to harass with Q and steals a cs from the carry. Stop this!

She has many options with her passive which I've seen used wrong plenty of times due to mashing spells. Q passive to harass, W passive on carries in team fights, E passive to chase or run away.

That ult is too crucial.

Tl;dr: she has many nuances to keep in mind that makes her fun to play.
Sona is great, people who don't find her fun probably don't understand her passive.

scy

Eh, GP isn't a troll pick by any means. He farms well and his Parley poke is actually pretty ridiculous.

People playing him bad is another thing entirely

brian!

weee went from gold v to gold iii, tru elo heaven

RebeccaBlackFrid still in my division, but sadly PunaniSlayer69 was left behind

garath

Supports for me in order of fun:

- Zyra
- Leona
- Sona
- Anyone else
- Taric
- Soraka

I don't own Thresh, Blitz or Lulu. I expect those would be fun too.

mercviper

Eh, GP isn't a troll pick by any means. He farms well and his Parley poke is actually pretty ridiculous.

People playing him bad is another thing entirely

I was fine with the pick. Figured he's also do somewhat decent vs Ryze as well. He went 2/9 though, and darius went 2/9 as well against vlad top. -_-

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The picks in ranked I'm always first pick or second to last pick when duoing. I've had a few instances where I ranked and I was second to last it was great. When I'm first pick I always get sad.

Man, solo queue normals are the worst today. Even when I pick a support the picks go wrong.

Everyone's just locking in mid champs. Urgh.

I hate Talon free weeks.

zkylon

zkylewd
The picks in ranked I'm always first pick or second to last pick when duoing. I've had a few instances where I ranked and I was second to last it was great. When I'm first pick I always get sad.
There's about 80 elo different with my duo partner. It doesn't seem enough to have me pick last every single time.

scy

Well, there's a static amount it adds to it (+50 to the average, if I recall) so you're a bit farther away from the average than just the 80 difference with your friend.

Duo queues tend to have one of them as last pick due to that.

Edit: It's also why duo queues tend to have both players be close to last pick when the gap shrinks. 1450 + 1500, for instance, puts their weighted average at above both of their individual ratings.

I absolutely hate how it takes forever for Draven's ulti to turn back after it hits a champion, it gives them too much time to dodge the second part. >=[

Liking Renekton so far, 2 games 2 wins.

Not quite sure what to build. Went Warmog's, Black Cleaver, Sunfire and Hexdrinker before the game ended, but still not sure where to go from there.

Any tips?

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok so wanting to play some Photoshop I looked up for more LoL fanart and um... learned what vore is...

Also female Amumu lol

lol_fan_art_8_by_penett-d3hueuf.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Ok so wanting to play some Photoshop I looked up for more LoL fanart and um... learned what vore is...

Also female Amumu lol

lol_fan_art_8_by_penett-d3hueuf.jpg

There's quite a lot of rule 63 out there for characters. Hell Riot would make a killing if they made female versions of their characters.

zkylon

zkylewd
Darius
Instead of resetting if it kills an opponent, Noxian Guillotine ( R ) is now able to be recast for 12 seconds after killing an opponent.
Noxian Guillotine ( R ) cooldown increased to 120/100/80 from 100/90/80.

OMG

There's quite a lot of rule 63 out there for characters. Hell Riot would make a killing if they made female versions of their characters.
True, though I wouldn't want to see the female version of Urgot so I'd rather not :p

I suddenly want a Quinn + Leona bot lane harder than anything I've ever wanted in my life
since the last time I've said this
They'll probably get some nice burst damage if they combine their procs but i didn't really like Quinn all that much.

Cathcart

So can Darius still get four dunks in a row if they are all within 12 seconds of the previous dunk or is it always just 2 and then you're on cd?

zkylon

zkylewd
So can Darius still get four dunks in a row if they are all within 12 seconds of the previous dunk or is it always just 2 and then you're on cd?
I'd imagine it's the former. Makes extended fights against him scary but man he's gonna be shit on teamfights and no more gank darius, he gets double kill.

garath

Darius
Instead of resetting if it kills an opponent, Noxian Guillotine ( R ) is now able to be recast for 12 seconds after killing an opponent.
Noxian Guillotine ( R ) cooldown increased to 120/100/80 from 100/90/80.

Pretty big nerf. Needed though. I would have preferred they do what Morello was talking about ages ago - making him more stack dependent having his ult start REAL low damage and scale depending on how many passive stacks his target has. Would do a lot to tone him down.

Where are you guys seeing these notes?

Ken

My bigger problem with Darius was how hard it was to escape him in lane if you don't have flash, a blink, or can't duel him 1 on 1. The move speed bonus from bleeds, move speed debuff from W, a pull, and how his ult ignores flash (while they addressed only Skarner) means it can get pretty rough even if you're even in farm and kills.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pretty big nerf. Needed though. I would have preferred they do what Morello was talking about ages ago - making him more stack dependent having his ult start REAL low damage and scale depending on how many passive stacks his target has. Would do a lot to tone him down.

Where are you guys seeing these notes?
I check www.reignofgaming.net or www.surrenderat20.net for PBE patchnotes. Here's a link to these patchnotes: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02/219-pbe-update.html

I like surrenderat20 more because people in the comments section sometimes roleplay as Lux or Cho'Gath or Baron and it's pretty funny.

And yeah, the nerf's kinda weird, I feel they made him a lot less rewarding and he's gonna be a lot less fun since all really he had going for him was his dunking. Morello's changes would've given him some degree of strategy to make him more fun to play.

edit: ignore all I said, I read it wrong

garath

I check www.reignofgaming.net or www.surrenderat20.net for PBE patchnotes. Here's a link to these patchnotes: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/02/219-pbe-update.html

I like surrenderat20 more because people in the comments section sometimes roleplay as Lux or Cho'Gath or Baron and it's pretty funny.

And yeah, the nerf's kinda weird, I feel they made him a lot less rewarding and he's gonna be a lot less fun since all really he had going for him was his dunking. Morello's changes would've given him some degree of strategy to make him more fun to play.

edit: ignore all I said, I read it wrong

Thanks for the link.

On a side note, what the heck are the doing to Blade of the Ruined king. I can't decide if they are trying to nerf it or buff it. It's pretty strong in it's current state with the massive AD lifesteal but they're making the active a lot stronger. Now it will be DFG damage + twice the length gunblade slow.

It's going to make Vi even stronger imo. I'll probably rush it on Nocturne too.

zkylon

zkylewd
You don't take first blood as Sona, you secure it.

So now having reread Darius' nerf, it really seems kinda unclear whether he'll be able to chain ults like he did or not.

Ferrio

Banned
You don't take first blood as Sona, you secure it.

So now having reread Darius' nerf, it really seems kinda unclear whether he'll be able to chain ults like he did or not.

He'll be able to chain as long as it's 12 seconds between each ult. Which means it's possible to chain in team fights.

BUT in lane, if he kills you with it you don't have to deal with him having it ready again right as you get back in lane. It's the same complaint they had with Riven's ult.

scy

I imagine we'll soon get to the point that all "resets" are going to be for a short duration. That way, they still have to wait out their cooldown between fights rather than ending a fight with the cooldown still up.

@BotRK - I liked it better with 30% tAD Healing (that is, Lifesteal that ignored mitigation). Then again, that was stupid.

They'll probably get some nice burst damage if they combine their procs but i didn't really like Quinn all that much.

It's mostly for the fun of popping procs, not even really the damage itself. Varus, as Summons mentioned, would work too but that's not on auto-attack.

Plus, double bird in lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom