• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
[/URL]

o dear how did that work

I need to work on my ADC. That and top are my weakest roles because

a) I can't last hit.
b) I can't get away with spamming abilities to farm like some mid champs.
c) I hate not being in control of ward placement early on in bot lane.

Yea ADC and Top are my weakest roles (I don't jungle) too. I can usually lane and CS just fine. The problem comes when I need to start teamfighting. I usually just try to shift click and kite around if I'm playing ADC or just diving their ADC if I'm playing top. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just need more experience in those roles.

I hope every team who cheated get the respective matches forfeited, if not disqualified. It's just disgusting. Riot should man up instead of trying to cover things up. The e-sports coordinator said yadah yadah we watch all players, tell them to keep facing forward, have cameras recording and so on, yet it's pretty blatant that the players are getting away with it. I'd rather have the whole thing clean.

UH47n.jpg

Sona was an amazing support, but how many freaking 4v5s do I have to play? Also, is it just me or are the players much nicer with the Honor system?

I seriously need to work on my CS too. On a free farm the best I can get is 150 ish by 20 mins. The pros seem to almost always go over 200 despite the trades. Froggen was amazing with 400 cs by 30 mins as Karthus.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea ADC and Top are my weakest roles (I don't jungle) too. I can usually lane and CS just fine. The problem comes when I need to start teamfighting. I usually just try to shift click and kite around if I'm playing ADC or just diving their ADC if I'm playing top. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just need more experience in those roles.
I adhere to the ADC suckery. My main problem is that I simply don't get the kills, specially outside of the lane. I think it has to do with my positioning in team fights, I'm usually either too far away to really do some damage or too close to the fight and get killed instantly.

Blizzard

Banned
I've been trying to not play games anymore in a futile attempt to salvage my life, but today I gave in and tried league of legends addiction again. You remember how I used to say that in 75-80% of my games, the bot lane loses? Well, let's try 5 ranked games.

Game 1: Bot lane loses. I started off 10/2/10 or 10/3/10 mid but didn't carry hard enough to win. Team loses.

Game 2: Bot lane loses. Team loses. I was 3/0/4 jungle, not good enough to salvage.

Game 3: Bot lane loses. Team loses. Mid lane feeds (they wouldn't let me go mid) so I traded to mid lane once they did, but I went 3/4/6 overall, and wasn't good enough to salvage the game. I think this was also the game where someone (FROM BOT LANE) apparently needed injections in late game and had to go afk for a couple of minutes. I'm sorry about their injections but that was unfortunate timing.

Game 4: Bot lane wins! Shockingly, team wins, first win out of the four, and the first bot lane victory out of the four.

Game 5: Bot lane gets crushed, team loses, team was 0/8 early, and I think all 8 deaths were bot lane. Not only did the ADC feed, but they also then went afk and proceeded to taunt the team and lie about where they were in chat for the rest of the game. Enemy ADC claimed to be 1700 elo playing under 1200 elo level, which didn't help things on my side.

Now presumably some or most of these losses are my fault, since I should be helping bot lane win from mid or jungle, but it just seems like very strange odds how it happens so VERY often. :p

Ken

I don't think that's a cosplayer but I'm okay with this.
I've been trying to not play games anymore in a futile attempt to salvage my life, but today I gave in and tried league of legends addiction again. You remember how I used to say that in 75-80% of my games, the bot lane loses? Well, let's try 5 ranked games.

Game 1: Bot lane loses. I started off 10/2/10 or 10/3/10 mid but didn't carry hard enough to win. Team loses.

Game 2: Bot lane loses. Team loses. I was 3/0/4 jungle, not good enough to salvage.

Game 3: Bot lane loses. Team loses. Mid lane feeds (they wouldn't let me go mid) so I traded to mid lane once they did, but I went 3/4/6 overall, and wasn't good enough to salvage the game. I think this was also the game where someone (FROM BOT LANE) apparently needed injections in late game and had to go afk for a couple of minutes. I'm sorry about their injections but that was unfortunate timing.

Game 4: Bot lane wins! Shockingly, team wins, first win out of the four, and the first bot lane victory out of the four.

Game 5: Bot lane gets crushed, team loses, team was 0/8 early, and I think all 8 deaths were bot lane. Not only did the ADC feed, but they also then went afk and proceeded to taunt the team and lie about where they were in chat for the rest of the game. Enemy ADC claimed to be 1700 elo playing under 1200 elo level, which didn't help things on my side.

Now presumably some or most of these losses are my fault, since I should be helping bot lane win from mid or jungle, but it just seems like very strange odds how it happens so VERY often. :p

I think it's true that if you want to win and you know how to play support, call support. Seems to happen often enough where I'd call ADC, no one calls support, and the support I get builds stuff like Kage's and Blasting Wands and then complain about how they don't have money for wards.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, but you can't really carry from support, all you can do is help that lane.

Hmm, how about a game #6? Let's see, someone else takes mid, I'm a nice guy, I go jungler instead.

What's that, Lassie? The bottom lane is a brother-sister duo (per their own admission) who hasn't played much, and may be almost completely new at ranked? What's that? They got crushed? What's that? The enemy Ezreal got fed and went 14/0/9? What's that? Bottom lane lost and the game was lost again?

Ooh is there more? The person who wanted mid lane and claimed they were great with Morgana is dying...but says it's because they keep watching bottom lane? And I guess it's too much for them to resist moving the camera down there? What's that? The mid lane person went afk for several minutes because they gave up? So not only is there a fed ADC, but it's 4v5 with no AP mid?

I went 2/1/8 as jungler, but once again nowhere near good enough to salvage the game. :p

I felt bad for the Nidalee bottom lane, since apparently the brother convinced his sister to play ranked, admitted in chat that she wasn't very good, proceeded to criticize her in chat throughout the game, AND she was playing Nidalee who of course is not an easy (or very good, in my opinion) support option.

Blizzard

Banned
Lulu if you want to win. Zyra if you have plant fetish.
In other words, you win either way!

Lulu seems like a good idea, but teams with Zyra seem to win more often. Of course, Zyra goes mid typically so yeah.

Lulu win% is like, 45% or so, Zyra is around 55% or so if I'm not mistaken.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
In other words, you win either way!

Lulu seems like a good idea, but teams with Zyra seem to win more often. Of course, Zyra goes mid typically so yeah.

Lulu win% is like, 45% or so, Zyra is around 55% or so if I'm not mistaken.
Warwick has the highest win percentage in the game right now, what do you think this really means?

Blizzard

Banned
Warwick has the highest win percentage in the game right now, what do you think this really means?
Normally the reaction to that is to call for a nerf, but I'd just say it makes sense since wolves are strong.

That said, you're wrong according to http://www.lolking.net/champions/warwick#statistics versus say, http://www.lolking.net/champions/ezreal#statistics.

Ezreal is over 5 times as popular, and wins perhaps 5% more games than Warwick.

If you mean some specific statistical subset, you'll have to point it out, since I don't see it.

dimb

Normally the reaction to that is to call for a nerf, but I'd just say it makes sense since wolves are strong.

That said, you're wrong according to http://www.lolking.net/champions/warwick#statistics versus say, http://www.lolking.net/champions/ezreal#statistics.

Ezreal is over 5 times as popular, and wins perhaps 5% more games than Warwick.

If you mean some specific statistical subset, you'll have to point it out, since I don't see it.
Imma say the stats on that site are somewhat inaccurate, as Alistar is pinned with like a 43% win rate.

Blizzard

Banned
Imma say the stats on that site are somewhat inaccurate, as Alistar is pinned with like a 43% win rate.
I don't mean to be rude but like...you're saying that warwick has the highest current win percentage, and when asked and pointed to a statistics site, you say that we shouldn't trust the statistics site...but you still don't say where your own statistics came from? :p Where did you see warwick's current win percentage?

Also, my bottom lane correlation finally ended, our caitlyn + taric started slow and lost the turret (5/1 enemy tristana), but caitlyn managed to farm like crazy and do well endgame, so we won overall. 9/2/12 Eve that game, but the other team wasn't very good. :S Our support was good, Corgi, they were warding all over and clearing with oracle's.

dimb

I don't mean to be rude but like...you're saying that warwick has the highest current win percentage, and when asked and pointed to a statistics site, you say that we shouldn't trust the statistics site...but you still don't say where your own statistics came from? :p Where did you see warwick's current win percentage?

Also, my bottom lane correlation finally ended, our caitlyn + taric started slow and lost the turret (5/1 enemy tristana), but caitlyn managed to farm like crazy and do well endgame, so we won overall. 9/2/12 Eve that game, but the other team wasn't very good. :S Our support was good, Corgi, they were warding all over and clearing with oracle's.
None of these are probably right:
http://leagueofstats.com/champions/all/RANKED_SOLO_5x5/all

Glad Regi isn't leaving by the way. He takes a lot of crap but he's actually not that bad of a guy.

Ken

Master Buttnugs: mid
talex90: adc
Mr Beers: top
Mr Beers: jayce

First pick Cho jungle for our team

Corgi the Chloe: no one wants support?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Almost at 6300 IP and I'm not sure what champion to buy. I'm thinking either Ahri or Vladimir. My support lineup is basically complete and I think I have a strong mid selection (Annie, Karthus, TF, Eve, Veigar, Zilean, Ryze). But my top really only has Kayle, Nunu, and machine gun Lulu. I'm pretty weak at jungling and ADC so I'm probably gonna avoid those roles for now.

Q8D3vil

Almost at 6300 IP and I'm not sure what champion to buy. I'm thinking either Ahri or Vladimir. My support lineup is basically complete and I think I have a strong mid selection (Annie, Karthus, TF, Eve, Veigar, Zilean, Ryze). But my top really only has Kayle, Nunu, and machine gun Lulu. I'm pretty weak at jungling and ADC so I'm probably gonna avoid those roles for now.

jayce/irelia/olaf/vladimir/yorick top

Blizzard

Banned
Riot's Facebook said:
As a token of our thanks for your tremendous patience and dedication, we’re going to be giving out double IP for 24 hours after Finals, starting midnight PST on Sunday, October 14th.
If someone predicted extra IP, they were right. :p For 24 hours too!

brian!

To be fair, I'd like the explanation for Azubu Frost pinging their five man top rush the moment it left the base.

well I mean the explanation is that they cheated
but it's history now
and TSM is pretty aware that they would have lost anyway

Boken

Banned
You know what I find funny? Even if woong didn't peek (if he did) at the start of the remake, the game would've went exactly the same. Both teams looked at the minimap during the pause and so AZF was put on notice about TSMs crappy level 1 strategy.

Woong gained so little from peeking in the remake (if he did).

Anybody seen scarra's post group stage interview with Travis? Them feels man. :( poor guy

You know what I find funny? Even if woong didn't peek (if he did) at the start of the remake, the game would've went exactly the same. Both teams looked at the minimap during the pause and so AZF was put on notice about TSMs crappy level 1 strategy.

Woong gained so little from peeking in the remake (if he did).

Anybody seen scarra's post group stage interview with Travis? Them feels man. :( poor guy

What did he say I am to lazy to look for it/ and the guy bothers me for some reason.

Boken

Banned
What did he say I am to lazy to look for it/ and the guy bothers me for some reason.
He says some pretty good stuff about the NA scene:
http://au.gamespot.com/league-of-le...a3c66402aa60cbde282e1b4eae&prevBounce=6397812
- how theres no consistency, nobody wants to scrim
- only a few good teams worth scrimming... which leads onto
- there is no amateur league, no way for new teams to get better
- mental toughness
and seems genuinely upset. too many feels
How bout they just make those team emblems permanent.
You dont even care

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
someone fill me in on something. Seems like ever since I started playing league my google chrome has been having flash player issues, anyone know of any solutions?

Ferga

I think I might pick up poppy again. I miss that little smurf.

What do people think about another month of poppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom