• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Voli's free week is over (thank God!)
What? nooooo. My favourite jungler
ayo dat gamecribs ep. 3 write up, spoilers ok

Paintball

the terms TSM use regarding paintball definitely bring to the forefront something about the gaming industry relationship to violence. paintball is already kind of interesting for bringing "war" and "play" into the same conversation, putting professional gamers into paintball (play into play, simulation into simulation), saying things like "I'm gonna kill 50 people" (regi) or "I'm kinda sad...I think I should have been an attacker" (dyrone), and even having a camera crew in the "warzone" (2003, I've covered wars u know) and having like dat FPS perspective forcibly creates that conversation.

here's a chilling quote from TheOddOne: "...it was like the Alamo. It basically turned out to be the Alamo...half of our troops were apparently children so they just hid in the corner...dyrus got headshotted like the first wave".

"The second time was way better than the first time", says Regi, in a heartbreaking allusion to all those who physically and materially died in real life "the first time".

recall the American Army's explicit use of video games to recruit in the game aptly titled "America's Army".

also it's fun to note that Dyrus hid in the back while Regi was in the front lines (dyrus having one of the better KDAs in the LCS, that famous aggressive playstyle)

Pet Shop

then they perfectly transition to the pet shop. lonely dyrus gravitates towards the bunny ("dyrus really likes the rabbit that eats a lot, because it's just like him"). chaox is uncomfortable because he "can't read them" (can't read dyrus). always business minded, regi wants to get a snapdragon, not realizing that a snapdragon is a flower. to add to that, they already have a name for the pet (snappy), but cannot visualize what type of animal they will get; regi posits a "catdog". but I think a pressing question is where did TSM Hunter go? probably to a "farm" (dead); Dan's talk of old meat in the beginning also begins to take on a dark meaning.

Go Karting
Go Karting is "fast" and "fun" like dominion. Chaox wins and Regi takes third; they argue in a really dumb fashion and Regi cares too much. Regi creates his own internal rules ("I had the best lap, gg I win", echoing Chaox's own "gg I win", showing more of Regi's defensive parrot strategy (akin, to an extent, to TSM's own mimicry of better League teams)), while Dan is more analytical ("How does the average work?!?!"), not trusting no scientist since they are always lying and making him pissed.

Dyrus is caught in the middle again, and provides context to his constant depression. "I don't have it the worst", he murmers, like a true good guy dyrus.

Regi ends the episode in cryptic fashion, expressing a want to "4-0 every team". what does that even mean? does he want his team to achieve four kills without dying? is there some sort of betting pool happening? just how much money was made when crs and dig did that ARAM last year?

The guy working there waving the flag looks like he wants to kill himself.
Yo brian u gotta rate each episode so i know if i should watch it or not
Thats her traditional skin you linked. Here is her new default -
Karma_SS.jpg

Looks so god damn hot

red13th

No boob window. She looks classy to me

Go home 13th

:(
I liked old Karma, they could have kept the fans at least.

EDIT: "This new approach to Karma transforms her into a badass conduit of inner strength that brings Ionia’s strength to every battlefield."
omg they are delusional. lol

Boken

Banned
:(
I liked old Karma, they could have kept the fans at least.

I assume its because they're removing her passive (no more yin-yang theme)

and her Q spell (no fan spell in kit)

EDIT: "This new approach to Karma transforms her into a badass conduit of inner strength that brings Ionia’s strength to every battlefield."
omg they are delusional. lol
I think thats literal
She now conducts inner strength

if you use her ult you see she glows, thats inner strength being conducted in her tats

Boken

Banned
TBH old karma did look pretty bland. Even though she had dat walk

New karma is more identifiable and she looks more like a mystic
She also actually looks ionian for once (ionia is just basically asian themed and karma looks like one of those asian fighter girls)

plus, floating ionian crest is pretty badass

red13th

I think thats literal
She now conducts inner strength

if you use her ult you see she glows, thats inner strength being conducted in her tats

Eh I was posting here as I read the posts, now it makes sense. lol that sounded so corny.
She still looks like shit.

Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts.

Read: she's an AP Mage with a shield.

Boken

Banned
I think hes over it, zkylon

anyway, thank god, I dont have to play support to play karma

too many supports in League of prostidues

red13th

So the same thing she was before the work, I don't see the problem.

Apparently not to Riot, since she was "reimagined" into a nuker with a shield.
And to be quite honest she had one direct nuke and one conditional nuke... kind of a crummy mage. She was annoyingly tanky though, ARAMs taught me that.

Einbroch

Banned
I knew my undying love for all things Karma would pay off.

Nami's E? W? Whatever. The bouncy water attack... would be awesome for Karma + her other abilities. But that idea's already taken.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think hes over it, zkylon
Ah alright, seemed like a bit of an overreaction to me but it's always hard when they mess with your favorite champion T_T

I dunno what I think about the rework, her look is not very appealing to me so not interested for the moment.

Roybr

Another nerf to taric?
Now you have barely any reason to level his heal and goodbye damage.
Why you do this to me riot, all my long time favorite champs being nerfed :(

falastini

Why are they nerfing singed? WHyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. All of a sudden he's a problem?

Also some of these load times are ridiculous. How can it take people 10mins to load a single map with low requirement graphics?

New R has 60% AP ratio. It's still a nerf. Here's what R does right now:
Q: 462 (+126% AP)
W: 343 (+ 84% AP)
E: 392 (+ 140% AP)

New R:
275 (+60% AP)

If the new R damage is applied for both hits of Q and E then it becomes a huge buff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Why are they nerfing singed? WHyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. All of a sudden he's a problem?
He has been a problem since S3 started. His laning phase is very easy and safe and there isn't really a good way to deal with him once he gets rolling.

There are champs that can make his lane life hell (eg Teemo) specially since he isn't innately tanky. But yeah once he gets his core items he becomes an unstoppable brick.

Ken

How long until the LoL forums thread of "Karma skin should only be free to players who have x amount of Karma games before 1 year ago! +99999"

garath

No one noticed or wanted to comment on the towers getting kill credit now on pbe? If the tower gets the killing blow then it gets credit and everyone else gets assist.

Terrible idea. Going to encourage even more tower diving and make the game more snowball. I really hope they don't implement that.

Blizzard

Banned
Another nerf to taric?
Now you have barely any reason to level his heal and goodbye damage.
Why you do this to me riot, all my long time favorite champs being nerfed :(
I thought Taric has been one of the highest win rate champions, as well as being very popular, for ages. Kind of like how Ezreal used to show up every other game. I think it's probably time he got nerfed (but since it's Riot maybe the nerf will result in him becoming terrible :p).

PBE:

Players who AFK in champion select are now kicked instead of auto randomed:

GxgAoWQ.jpg

finally, riot.
YES YES YES. I posted this suggestion like, a few weeks ago! Clearly you can all thank me for my brilliant
obvious
idea! :D

brian!

ep. 1 2/10
ep. 2 7.8/10 (best new track)
ep. 3 6.5/10

that j4 nerf is almost a deal breaker I think, the armor was a pretty big part of picking him.

pretty sick that karma is more obviously black now

Boken

Banned
I think the new Karma design is atrocious.

Those shoulder tumors...that weird green shit above her head...why?

The shoulder things are either an Ionian badge (Irelia's floating object is basically a badge of honour) or a magical focus

the green thing is the ionian crest and it glows when shes activates her ult so i assume its somehow linked to her power

new karma is hot

and a person of colour, if you dont like it ur racist

BlazinAm

Getting better at that support role as thresh but any advice would be helpful. In the second game I had over 640 ap which is kinda crazy.
cHPKZQS.jpg

wxJvVl1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom