• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What does everyone think about Yorick? I heard that he's a great early game pusher but drops of at late game. I'd really like to play a champion who can make his own minions.
Nobody remembers Yorick Mori. But yeah, his scaling is really quite poor because his base damage is abysmal. Many other top laners can build pure tank and still put out a high amount of damage in ways Yorick can't. It's worse when he doesn't really bring much CC to the table. He can't really keep up with other popular top laners right now.

If you really want someone with minions maybe look at Elise or something.

Ferrio

Banned
roit pls

e0c2368d265a5dd084c3567b6dd12e00.jpg

NO, they need to do Angry Tourist Renekton first.

EDIDbpF.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah well "theoretically" Nasus ult can do 18,000 damage, grant 600 health, and give a 1,147 attack damage bonus.

Maybe he really wanted to push the lane

Speaking of, I should really learn strategies of when to push the lane. If you see the enemy jungler at top, should I push the lane hard so the enemy loses CS to the tower?

They just go to lane and auto attack into creeps. If they get a last hit it's by chance.

even when they time the last-hits, it seems pretty strange to want to push bot lane without communicating any strategy about it.

What do you mean by this? Do you mean auto attacking minions, pushing the lane and only getting the last hit by chance? I right click on a minion to last hit. Am I doing something wrong?

No not at all, see above.

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe he really wanted to push the lane

Speaking of, I should really learn strategies of when to push the lane. If you see the enemy jungler at top, should I push the lane hard so the enemy loses CS to the tower?
Depends on what you want.

If you want to deny them you shouldn't push them to their tower because best case scenario they miss on cs but they still get experience and they're still pretty safe under tower. If you're in the position to deny them you should freeze the lane in a place where you can zone them out of cs AND experience. If they still want to farm you can always pink ward the river (if you're bot/top) so they feel really unsafe or just harrass the heck out of them every cs they take.

You should mostly push the lane if you see them backing and want to go back yourself/do dragon or if you want to set up a dive or something.

Otherwise, most of the times you're better off not pushing.

LuuKyK

Fucking Ahri. After playing (and losing) like four or five consecutive matches with her I am kinda doubting I have the ability to play as her (which is weird, because she isnt even hard to play with lmao). Or I am having bad luck to be facing Yi and and Nidalee in all those matches (I hate them SO much ugh). I cant even tell, really.

zkylon

zkylewd
Fucking Ahri. After playing (and losing) like four or five consecutive matches with her I am kinda doubting I have the ability to play as her (which is weird, because she isnt even hard to play with lmao). Or I am having bad luck to be facing Yi and and Nidalee in all those matches (I hate them SO much ugh). I cant even tell, really.
Personally I don't think she's all that great right now, but I go DFG with her so what do I know :p

Also she's pretty hard to play, actually, tons of skillshots and positioning with her ult to land those perfect charms is not always easy.

brian!

ayo dat gamecribs ep. 3 write up, spoilers ok

Paintball

the terms TSM use regarding paintball definitely bring to the forefront something about the gaming industry relationship to violence. paintball is already kind of interesting for bringing "war" and "play" into the same conversation, putting professional gamers into paintball (play into play, simulation into simulation), saying things like "I'm gonna kill 50 people" (regi) or "I'm kinda sad...I think I should have been an attacker" (dyrone), and even having a camera crew in the "warzone" (2003, I've covered wars u know) and having like dat FPS perspective forcibly creates that conversation.

here's a chilling quote from TheOddOne: "...it was like the Alamo. It basically turned out to be the Alamo...half of our troops were apparently children so they just hid in the corner...dyrus got headshotted like the first wave".

"The second time was way better than the first time", says Regi, in a heartbreaking allusion to all those who physically and materially died in real life "the first time".

recall the American Army's explicit use of video games to recruit in the game aptly titled "America's Army".

also it's fun to note that Dyrus hid in the back while Regi was in the front lines (dyrus having one of the better KDAs in the LCS, that famous aggressive playstyle)

Pet Shop

then they perfectly transition to the pet shop. lonely dyrus gravitates towards the bunny ("dyrus really likes the rabbit that eats a lot, because it's just like him"). chaox is uncomfortable because he "can't read them" (can't read dyrus). always business minded, regi wants to get a snapdragon, not realizing that a snapdragon is a flower. to add to that, they already have a name for the pet (snappy), but cannot visualize what type of animal they will get; regi posits a "catdog". but I think a pressing question is where did TSM Hunter go? probably to a "farm" (dead); Dan's talk of old meat in the beginning also begins to take on a dark meaning.

Go Karting
Go Karting is "fast" and "fun" like dominion. Chaox wins and Regi takes third; they argue in a really dumb fashion and Regi cares too much. Regi creates his own internal rules ("I had the best lap, gg I win", echoing Chaox's own "gg I win", showing more of Regi's defensive parrot strategy (akin, to an extent, to TSM's own mimicry of better League teams)), while Dan is more analytical ("How does the average work?!?!"), not trusting no scientist since they are always lying and making him pissed.

Dyrus is caught in the middle again, and provides context to his constant depression. "I don't have it the worst", he murmers, like a true good guy dyrus.

Regi ends the episode in cryptic fashion, expressing a want to "4-0 every team". what does that even mean? does he want his team to achieve four kills without dying? is there some sort of betting pool happening? just how much money was made when crs and dig did that ARAM last year?

The guy working there waving the flag looks like he wants to kill himself.

Macattk15

So I was in a ranked game last night when the servers crashed and basically everyone DC'ed in it and couldn't get back on.

My friend somehow still remained in the game.

Lost like 20 LP and didn't receive a Loss Forgiven. That is some bullshit.

zkylon

zkylewd

Paintball

the terms TSM use regarding paintball definitely bring to the forefront something about the gaming industry relationship to violence. paintball is already kind of interesting for bringing "war" and "play" into the same conversation, putting professional gamers into paintball (play into play, simulation into simulation), saying things like "I'm gonna kill 50 people" (regi) or "I'm kinda sad...I think I should have been an attacker" (dyrone), and even having a camera crew in the "warzone" (2003, I've covered wars u know) and having like dat FPS perspective forcibly creates that conversation.

here's a chilling quote from TheOddOne: "...it was like the Alamo. It basically turned out to be the Alamo...half of our troops were apparently children so they just hid in the corner...dyrus got headshotted like the first wave".

"The second time was way better than the first time", says Regi, in a heartbreaking allusion to all those who physically and materially died in real life "the first time".

recall the American Army's explicit use of video games to recruit in the game aptly titled "America's Army".

also it's fun to note that Dyrus hid in the back while Regi was in the front lines (dyrus having one of the better KDAs in the LCS, that famous aggressive playstyle)

Pet Shop

then they perfectly transition to the pet shop. lonely dyrus gravitates towards the bunny ("dyrus really likes the rabbit that eats a lot, because it's just like him"). chaox is uncomfortable because he "can't read them" (can't read dyrus). always business minded, regi wants to get a snapdragon, not realizing that a snapdragon is a flower. to add to that, they already have a name for the pet (snappy), but cannot visualize what type of animal they will get; regi posits a "catdog". but I think a pressing question is where did TSM Hunter go? probably to a "farm" (dead); Dan's talk of old meat in the beginning also begins to take on a dark meaning.

Go Karting
Go Karting is "fast" and "fun" like dominion. Chaox wins and Regi takes third; they argue in a really dumb fashion and Regi cares too much. Regi creates his own internal rules ("I had the best lap, gg I win", echoing Chaox's own "gg I win", showing more of Regi's defensive parrot strategy (akin, to an extent, to TSM's own mimicry of better League teams)), while Dan is more analytical ("How does the average work?!?!"), not trusting no scientist since they are always lying and making him pissed.

Dyrus is caught in the middle again, and provides context to his constant depression. "I don't have it the worst", he murmers, like a true good guy dyrus.

Regi ends the episode in cryptic fashion, expressing a want to "4-0 every team". what does that even mean? does he want his team to achieve four kills without dying? is there some sort of betting pool happening? just how much money was made when crs and dig did that ARAM last year?

rofl

Paintball

Pet Shop

Go Karting

Too good.

Macattk15

Wow.

Are their servers fucking down again?

This is going to demote me ... since they never give Loss Forgiven for this shit. 2 games in 2 days this shit has happened.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol just watched the tsm thing...

Dyrus: "uhh like I had fun trolling them.... uh like unintentionally uhhh"

Seriously he should do therapy if he's so bummed down by being teased/punch oddone in his ugly face.

brian!

Regi - Tigger
Chaox - Christopher Robin/Piglet
Xpecial - Owl
Dyrus - Eeyore/Pooh
Oddone - Rabbit
Dan Dinh - Kanga

edit: that's why Dyrus has the most viewers

Ken

C'mon Riot. People give you Lifeguard Renekton and Tourist Renekton for free and you instead make "Battle-armor Renekton" for the 4th time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Malph to me actually feels pretty balanced. People just don't know how to play against him.

Same with all the insta bans, Shen, Mumu, etc...

Neki

Jarvan doesn't get double bonus from flag anymore, am I reading that right, or is it only armor that he doesn't get a bonus from?

Why play Leb with that nerf? Her ult's a crappier spell than everything else she has. It's not even additional damage

Singed flip is no longer nuclear. :(

And lol, Warden nerf right after League of BotRK

Uh, Jarvan got hit hard.

Active: Throws a Demacian Standard to a nearby area dealing 60/105/150/195/240 (+0.8*AP) magic damage to enemies. Grants surrounding allied Champions Demacian Standard's passive bonus for 8 seconds. Being near the Standard doubles the passive bonus for Jarvan IV.

Active: Throws a Demacian Standard to a nearby area dealing 60/105/150/195/240 (+0.8*AP) magic damage to enemies.The Standard lasts for 8 seconds and grants surrounding allied champions 10/13/16/19/22 % Attack Speed.

Doesn't give allies armor and it doesn't double the passive for Jarvan. wtf?

Leezard

Uh, Jarvan got hit hard.

Doesn't give allies armor and it doesn't double the passive for Jarvan. wtf?

He did get a 0.6 boost to his passive armor scaling per level, 0.6 * 18 ~ 11, half of the 22 armor he would get from a rank 5 E. Jarvan does get some of the lost armor back, but he won't get it as fast as he maxes his E, and he doesn't give his allied team massive armor bonuses. It is a lot of free stats though. If this keeps J4 from being banned/picked all the time, I'm all for it.

He's been my favorite champ since his release, I do not like J4 being FotM

Ashhong

My God, just played 2 amazing ranked duos in a row (won both). Very friendly, helpful, and cooperative teammates. Even the enemies we stomped were nice. Games like that are what keep me coming back to this goddamn game.

Ferga

anyone who owns Karma before her relaunch will get this Traditional Karma skin for free:

Oh yeah.

Makes up for the fact I bought her on release day hoping she was good.

It's weird because the new default and traditional skin look like 2 completely different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom