• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Bad skins are kind of fun for being bad. Zed has one skin and it just makes him look like Shen. There is nothing worse than a boring skin.

I was going to say he looked more like Joe Musashi or one of the older Ryu Hayabusa incarnations which is why it comes off as boring. But if you want to play as Joe Musashi in LoL that's kind of cool and I can see the appeal of that. It's probably why Garen got a Space Marine skin. Everyone's bored of Space Marines in games but hey, if someone likes space marines/Warhammer and plays LoL that's their audience.

Zyra and Elise alt skins are pretty bad though in that regard. I get to play as Zyra with red highlights yay? A white Elise with petals I don't know I'm not a florist.

Bad skins are kind of fun for being bad.
Greatly disagree.

Zed has one skin and it just makes him look like Shen. There is nothing worse than a boring skin.
Fair enough, but I'd rather have a skin that is considered boring by some than to have a flat-out bad skin.

He is just like...nothing to me. There isn't any piece of his design that stands out. Also why do you hate tomatoes so much?
I find him a lot of fun, I like it when he laughs during his ulti animation.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I find him a lot of fun, I like it when he laughs during his ulti animation.
Hey I'm not saying anything about the way he plays, just that he is visually super dull.
Zyra and Elise alt skins are pretty bad though in that regard. I get to play as Zyra with red highlights yay? A white Elise with petals I don't know I'm not a florist.
The only thing worse than robot skins: fire skins.

Boken

Banned
zed looks like shredder, how can there be any argument over this
freaking tomato cape blonde ashe

we require balance in the force, where there is ice, there is always fire.

robot skins are cool
dinosaur/prehistoric skins are probably the best tho

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Zed looks like a home appliance. Maybe like a grill. I could imagine cooking a hamburger patty on his mouth.

Boken

Banned
i grill ur tomato brethren and make a burger

edit: oh uh shit we're reaching 200 pages - i suck at graphic stuff

corgi youre good at that stuff right

Q8D3vil

Thresh Alt skin recall animation is pure gold. Elise Alt skin is much better visually than her original.

Mecha khazix as generic as it sounds is the best alt skin to be released ( and its being sold for 1450 so no surprise here).

Koenigg

Neo Member
j4PeUfT.jpg

So hard to carry sometimes when no one on your team peels for you and the other team has 8 billion forms of cc.

bjaelke

A toxic meter in the profile somewhere is an intriguing idea, but one with some pretty large concerns. One initial data point that players might not know is that the vast majority of players in League are neutral or positive. if the vast majority (and I'm talking 95%+) of players are not innately toxic, what's the point of having a meter that only moves for a very small % of players? We could change the resolution of the meter and apply some fancy math to make a meter still work for the entire playerbase, but our latest research points us in a different direction.

Some of you are probably wondering, "Lyte, if the vast majority of players aren't toxic, why do my games seem so bad?" Unfortunately, the problem here is context. All players have bad days. A player could have a bad day at work and get raged at by his boss for no reason. They go home and play some League and play a terrible game (because they are distracted by what happened at work!) and his teammates rage at him all game. He snaps. He rages back. But importantly, he probably doesn't rage in the next 50, or even 100 games.

This really shows you the power of context, and how context outside the game can affect behaviors in-game. With millions of gamers with unique lives and situations... a lot of gamers are having their 'bad day' in any given game. We've found that this is the source of our problems.

The Tribunal is great at identifying the systematically toxic players--the players who are just toxic in a huge chunk of their games. It's not great at solving the above problem. This is the problem I've been working with my team on.
if the vast majority (and I'm talking 95%+) of players are not innately toxic, what's the point of having a meter that only moves for a very small % of players?
95%+) of players are not innately toxic
aUaffhN.gif

Ken

Elise Alt skin is much better visually than her original.

Something about alternate skins being visually better than the classic skins bugs me (I'm pretty indifferent to Elise as a whole so I have no opinion on which skin is better). Maybe Death Blossom Elise is visually better because Classic Elise is kind of uninspired and sets a pretty low bar. It's a black widow that changes into a woman with a black widow color pallete. Maybe Death Blossom Elise is a little better relative to Classic because it's a white spider with elements of a flower, and those two aren't often seen as one in nature and is a bit of a visual surprise/contradiction. I still think it's a pretty dumb skin though, and we should expect them to set the bar of quality on classic skins much higher than some of their recent output.

Assuming ZAC's default is what was leaked/revealed today, his alternate skin will probably blow it away solely because of how boring the classic skin looks.

Boken

Banned
Something about alternate skins being visually better than the classic skins bugs me (I'm pretty indifferent to Elise as a whole so I have no opinion on which skin is better). Maybe Death Blossom Elise is visually better because Classic Elise is kind of uninspired and sets a pretty low bar. It's a black widow that changes into a woman with a black widow color pallete. Maybe Death Blossom Elise is a little better relative to Classic because it's a white spider with elements of a flower, and those two aren't often seen as one in nature and is a bit of a visual surprise/contradiction. I still think it's a pretty dumb skin though, and we should expect them to set the bar of quality on classic skins much higher than some of their recent output.

Assuming ZAC's default is what was leaked/revealed today, his alternate skin will probably blow it away solely because of how boring the classic skin looks.

yo answer my question corgi
arent you good at graphic design

hopefully ZAC is a shape shifter, or his base design has a manicial smile - then its much better

Boken

Banned
wishy washy 'forcing the meta' argument aside,

it doesnt actually stop trolls since there is no way to force a pick unlike in WoW where you are locked to your avatar

bjaelke

wishy washy 'forcing the meta' argument aside,

it doesnt actually stop trolls since there is no way to force a pick unlike in WoW where you are locked to your avatar

I haven't played WoW in ages but even forcing a pick wouldn't prevent anyone from running down a different lane or taking away the various jungle camps from the "designated" jungler(?).

In other news, looks like I'm getting a new pc soon. Just got a tax refund :) Finally I'll experience fluid team fights and avoid "lol gameboy color" comments.

Ken

yo answer my question corgi
arent you good at graphic design

hopefully ZAC is a shape shifter, or his base design has a manicial smile - then its much better

Nope.

I took a year of graphic design and didn't care much for it. I can draw AP Tryndameres if you want though.

garath

All this talk of alt skins on champ release. I haven't liked an alt skin on champ release since Kha'zix. I'm sad I didn't buy that bundle.

I actually think Zed's alt skin is better than the original. Most of them lately have been just recolors with a fire effect or flowers. Pretty dull.

Maybe they're just saving the big guns for the legendary. Gotta give people reason to spend $14 on a champion skin. They are really good. So much so that I'm still tempted by Eternum Nocturne. One day I'll just be in champ select and say "f' it" and but it in champion select (and then someone will dodge).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
uh i promise we will get a yordle soon
he wont be bio engineered tho
heimerdinger seems kinda bio-engineered right

heimerdinger '13 "believe"

also,
HP/lvl yellows are for if you're gonna play very passive until level 7-8 or so.
armor is good always (maybe not good if it's vs a melee ap mid + AP jungler), and i think its just a nice all rounder because of lvl1-3 AA harass/minions + phat ass junglers

DAMMIT! I WANT A YORDLE!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My friend recently got to Diamond V. He's slowly realizing that he should probably just quit the game. He's also like 18 so... lol. I just told him to go pro.

Boken

Banned
My friend recently got to Diamond V. He's slowly realizing that he should probably just quit the game. He's also like 18 so... lol. I just told him to go pro.
Tell him to hit challenger

Lots of pro teams gonna need people in the 2nd half of LCS season

Anybody wanna make pretty lol threads?

garath

Things are so much easier when people just go according to pick order.

Nothing more annoying than people calling out roles before everyone even loads in then fighting about it.

I hear ya. It's pretty silly that people get into arguments about "call order" when it's often just who loads the champ select first. And it's even more silly that Riot refuses to take a stance. They say "teamwork". I.e. work it out amongst yourselves. All they need to do is just say, "teamwork" but when a consensus can't be reached, pick order takes priority. Simple. The super trolls will still do their trolly thing but the semi reasonable people will recognize the rule and adhere to it (though probably with complaint). Right now the arguments are simply opinion. There is no hard and fast rule to adhere to.

Best case scenario right now someone grudgingly gives up their preferred position and usually plays like they have a chip on their shoulder. Worst case is someone goes complete troll mode and forces someone to dodge, usually at the last minute wasting a solid 10 minutes. :(

I know Riot has a really smart team when it comes to player behavior but it seems so simple to me. Given an environment with no rules vs an environment with rules, what is more organized?

Ashhong

How would they enforce the "pick order" rule? Everybody already knows that pick order is the most important, the trolls just don't care. Having Riot make some lame rule won't change anything.

garath

How would they enforce the "pick order" rule? Everybody already knows that pick order is the most important, the trolls just don't care. Having Riot make some lame rule won't change anything.

Well you see, that's the thing. Everybody doesn't know that. There is no such rule and not everyone respects pick order. Any time you attempt to say "pick order takes precedence", it's not backed with anything Riot has ever said. They've been very clear that the only rule regarding picks is "use teamwork".

It's not about enforcing a rule, it's about having one. There are people that genuinely believe calling a role first gets them that role. And why wouldn't it? There's no rule in place.

Trolls will still be trolls and you're right, no rule will stop them. But there are people that will respect a rule if one actually existed. The problem that I see is there is none.

zkylon

zkylewd
hai gais, how are my warwick rework
overbuff
ideas? I didn't touch the base stats, W and R. I didn't expect Wikia blogs to be public so I was surprised to see comments.
How do you even turn the E off if it has two uses and the second use's targeted?

Make it so that it reveals nearby weak enemies for like 10 seconds or something.

Well that didn't last long. I get asses on my games again. Last match Nunu just saying "f it" and announced that he'll feed Fiora the entire match. We almost won that. I thought he was just newb at Nunu so I taught him stuff like bloodboiling anyone else because he only used it for himself. He even bought a Rylai. He whines enemy MF got 50 more CS than me even though he was making it awfully difficult to farm since he last hits with Q and E.

How do you even turn the E off if it has two uses and the second use's targeted?

Make it so that it reveals nearby weak enemies for like 10 seconds or something.

It's actually exactly what I wrote. The detection is now an active, which lets you use the secondary E on anyone it finds as long as you're within (short) range. Sorta like Lee Sin's second cast skills.

I want a Pope Veigar skin.

The again I think Veigar is dumb so no point wasting any more time on skins for him, since he has like a billion.

Someone should have a Pope skin.

Also gimme new Diana skin. Riot pls.

Kacar

I got to Platinum like 2 weeks ago and was super hype. But I have hit my wall I think, or i'm just getting unlucky.

After 2 solid weeks of playing in platinum I'm still at 0 points, my win rate with Taric is 70%, but my overall is 52%. So basically without Taric I'm like 35% probably. It's been super frustrating.

I just dont understand how people give up on games so early, it blows my mind. Like going down 0/2 and saying "gg" and then barely trying anymore and just blaming everyone everywhere. I missed a snare with lux on my first gank of the game with us down 0-3 and my team hated me for the rest of the game, i think I finished like 2/2/5.

bjaelke

There will be another rune page sale in the next month or so.

Evaluating bigger changes to rune and rune page prices is on the eCommerce list for the second half of 2013. We are currently evaluating skin prices and will likely have some news to report on that in April. As with the recent changes to champion prices, the goal of all of these changes is to find an approach that is better for players and also works for Riot.
Rune page sale \ö/
But, the fact remains that many players do get frustrated with runes/pages and so I want to explore potential solutions once we complete some other priorities. The occasional rune page sale helps a bit, but in the long run I would love to find something that more players feel good about.
It also sounds like they want to rework/fix the rune mechanics.

garath

I got to Platinum like 2 weeks ago and was super hype. But I have hit my wall I think, or i'm just getting unlucky.

After 2 solid weeks of playing in platinum I'm still at 0 points, my win rate with Taric is 70%, but my overall is 52%. So basically without Taric I'm like 35% probably. It's been super frustrating.

I just dont understand how people give up on games so early, it blows my mind. Like going down 0/2 and saying "gg" and then barely trying anymore and just blaming everyone everywhere. I missed a snare with lux on my first gank of the game with us down 0-3 and my team hated me for the rest of the game, i think I finished like 2/2/5.

Ugh, that sucks. I understand giving up a losing game but you're right, some people think it's over after the first few kills. The sad part is even though the team could come back, they play like it's over and get repeatedly caught or just afk farm while the rest of the team gets smushed. Wish every one of them could have seen the game Dan Dinh just had. His team came back after 15 or so kills down early. It was crazy.

Rune page sale \ö/

It also sounds like they want to rework/fix the rune mechanics.

Well even though I'm pretty happy with my 10 rune pages, I could use a couple more. I'll probably bite on the sale and get 1 or 2 more. I understand people feeling like the whole system is broken but I don't see a way to rework the system without making a lot of people very angry. imo, if they lowered the IP cost of rune pages it would go a long way to making the general populace happy. Or maybe make it a sliding scale - own less than 5, make it 3k IP, more than 5 6k IP. Something along those lines.

Cathcart

Also gimme new Diana skin. Riot pls.
Yes.

Irelia, Orianna or Katarina?
For me it's Ori, no question. I love all of the utility she brings to team fights and she can also do a ton of damage. She's got a high skill cap but I find that just makes her more interesting because I'm constantly learning new ways to make the most of her kit. Once you get good with her she's a pretty safe pick mid, so that's nice if you want to play mid but end up getting first or second pick.

Plus, the Ball is awesome! Yay Ori.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom