• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staab

congrats!

I do have a question though, as you were getting closer and closer to your promotional series, did the LP you gained become less and less?
Yes, they're putting in that extra barrier to make sure you don't get constantly owned in a higher tier (since you can't drop out of it, unless you go MIA for a few weeks).
Basically, until your hidden rating doesn't reach that of a "regular Gold player", you won't be gaining enough LP to get the promotional series.

It's very demotivating and unfun but it's the way they handle it: just gotta keep on playing and win more than you lose...

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm thinking maybe a good way to help with matchmaking in normals is giving you the ability to rate players (say from 0 to 10), both in your team and the enemy's. If you give a player a 0, the matchmaking system tries not to match you with that player again, if you give a player a 10, the other way around. It probably rounds that with that player's rating of you and if there's no rating it defaults to 5.

That way maybe a thing like super high elo starts happening in which you're matched with the same people over and over again and you don't have to hope or wish someone gets banned or whatever, you just blacklist them and that's it.

I'm sure there'd be problems and it's not magical or anything but sometimes I'm matched with super nice people I wish I could play with again and nothing ever guarantees that the guy you just reported won't be back to ruin your life tomorrow.

Maybe?

I'm thinking maybe a good way to help with matchmaking in normals is giving you the ability to rate players (say from 0 to 10), both in your team and the enemy's. If you give a player a 0, the matchmaking system tries not to match you with that player again, if you give a player a 10, the other way around. It probably rounds that with that player's rating of you and if there's no rating it defaults to 5.

That way maybe a thing like super high elo starts happening in which you're matched with the same people over and over again and you don't have to hope or wish someone gets banned or whatever, you just blacklist them and that's it.

I'm sure there'd be problems and it's not magical or anything but sometimes I'm matched with super nice people I wish I could play with again and nothing ever guarantees that the guy you just reported won't be back to ruin your life tomorrow.

Maybe?

I dunno, but something needs to be done.

People are such fucking dicks on LoL. I called mid and picked Ahri, and some fucker decides to lock in Diana and come into my lane. She took my cs and managed to feed first blood to the other Ahri in my lane by tower diving her. She just moaned the whole game and was premade with our jungle Lee Sin, who after seeing Diana die from tower diving Ahri decided to do the same, so Ahri had two kills up on me and we had no fucking top laner until she decided to leave my lane

Then Ahri just roamed bot and got fed, She only killed me once, but I killed her three times even when she was fed. I was doing well but other people fucked the game again. Our bot lane was 0/9 at one stage and their Jax had free farm top. Ridiculous stuff.

I don't know what the fascination with mid is that people feel the need to ruin games if they don't get it.

Ken

So when should you tower dive? Whenever I practice it, I end up getting killed by the turret.

When you know the enemy has no way to escape or get out of it favorably. Keep in mind the cooldowns on his skills, specifically his escape skills, his damage output (can I burst him down fast enough before he and the turret can kill me), summoner spells like flash and ignite, where the junglers are, what skills you have off cooldown, do you have enough mana to pull off your combo, and also how big the creep wave is (never underestimate minion damage and creep block).

Or you could dive anyways and say "worth" every time, regardless of outcome.

People are such fucking dicks on LoL. I called mid and picked Ahri, and some fucker decides to lock in Diana and come into my lane. She took my cs and managed to feed first blood to the other Ahri in my lane by tower diving her. She just moaned the whole game and was premade with our jungle Lee Sin, who after seeing Diana die from tower diving Ahri decided to do the same, so Ahri had two kills up on me and we had no fucking top laner until she decided to leave my lane

Then Ahri just roamed bot and got fed, She only killed me once, but I killed her three times even when she was fed. I was doing well but other people fucked the game again. Our bot lane was 0/9 at one stage and their Jax had free farm top. Ridiculous stuff.

I don't know what the fascination with mid is that people feel the need to ruin games if they don't get it.

Just wondering, how do you build Ahri?‎ I have looked some guides but most of them are slightly outdated.

One of my friends who used to main Ahri; (now he mains Irelia or Akali) suggest me to build Road of Ages [for mana] but I haven't see that item suggested in guides...

I'm starting with boots and 3 potions, just to play it safe.

Just wondering, how do you build Ahri?‎ I have looked some guides but most of them are slightly outdated.

One of my friends who used to main Ahri; (now he mains Irelia or Akali) suggest me to build Road of Ages [for mana] but I haven't see that item suggested in guides...

This was only the second time I played her, but I started 2 wards and a mixture of health and mana pots, then Chalice, Sorc's shoes, Athene's, ZHonya's, Deathcap, Rylai's, Abyssal would be the build I would go for. I'm sure you could substitute RoA for Athene's or Rylai's though.

zkylon

zkylewd

I'm guessing DFG and Zhonya's are core.

I used to build hextech revolver on her, Haunting Guise, then Abyss, Rabs/Zhonya's, but I never quite liked that build.

I'm going to try out those builds.
Thanks.

Hopefully this week will be enough to get a better feel of Ahri, so far I'm having fun with her. Any advice is very gratefully received.

"Let's have some real fun."

Blizzard

Banned
So when should you tower dive? Whenever I practice it, I end up getting killed by the turret.
One might do it to get first blood even if one dies, since as far as I know the kill for first blood is worth more than the kill the enemy gets for you diving them.

However, you'd better be REALLY certain that if you dive you will be able to kill them before they kill you, which means watching the HP, knowing the enemy has already burned their flash etc. as mentioned.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks.

Hopefully this week will be enough to get a better feel of Ahri, so far I'm having fun with her. Any advice is very gratefully received.

tbh I think ahri's pretty bad right now. something about her never quite clicked with me but she's like way too much effort for what she does, specially if you're not DFG prone like me.

Thanks.

The best advice I can give for playing Ahri is smartcast. If you can learn to smartcast and use Ahri you'll stomp your elo. She's all about quick positioning and skillshots. Being able to pump out your E and Q at the same time and not having to click where you want to jump to is a God send.

Plus smartcasting is generally better anwyay, so it's good to get to grips with.

tbh I think ahri's pretty bad right now. something about her never quite clicked with me but she's like way too much effort for what she does, specially if you're not DFG prone like me.

I have heard that, something about not being as rewarding as it should be, and that you have to invest more effort to get the same results you could get with other champions with lesser effort.

I don't mind it at all. I'm having fun...

The best advice I can give for playing Ahri is smartcast. If you can learn to smartcast and use Ahri you'll stomp your elo. She's all about quick positioning and skillshots. Being able to pump out your E and Q at the same time and not having to click where you want to jump to is a God send.

Plus smartcasting is generally better anwyay, so it's good to get to grips with.

I'm definitely going to try and learn to smart cast more.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have heard that, something about not being as rewarding as it should be, and that you have to invest more effort to get the same results you could get with other champions with lesser effort.

I don't mind it at all. I'm having fun...
it's like I have to work too much to get a kill and her damage is weird, a lot comes from her w and her ult and both have a pretty short range, she ends up feeling like too much hassle.

if she's fun for you then that's it but I wouldn't use her on solo q or serious games or anything.

Blizzard

Banned
This is a gut feeling so it may be wrong or something. But:

I feel like Ahri used to be super strong, and have a low enough ult cooldown, and low enough triple dash time, that she was almost completely ungankable especially with the Power Heart Throw ability, not to mention very powerful.

Then I feel like she got nerfed 4 times or something, and is now rarely used.

garath

if you shift+Q/W/E/R you don't have to click to cast an ability. seems silly but it'll save your life.

it also trains you to memorize your spell ranges which is good

Or you can swap them. I smart cast with the button push and normal cast with shift. I smartcast 99.9% of the time so it works better for me.

Side note, awesome to see so many new posters in the LoL thread :)

zkylon

zkylewd
Or you can swap them. I smart cast with the button push and normal cast with shift. I smartcast 99.9% of the time so it works better for me.

but the mnore keys I press the more pro I feel

Funny story about smartcast - I got my LoL install from a friend, so I had smartcast bound to ASD (no ult) for a good long time. That's the reason I still have summoners on FG. I figured out Alistar's W would cast faster if I smartcasted it so I started using them instead of the regular cast very early. I really didn't get it though, and it screwed me up pretty badly (on Alistar especially XD). I'd be chasing people and MASHING S (W) but with my cursor in totally the wrong place. Hadn't a clue. So I stopped using them.

It was only much later when I saw the smartcast range indicators that I decided to try again. I tried Ryze a bit with it and loved it so much I bound them to the QWER buttons. Never gone back, although I did drop range indicators after a while for dat speed. I agree it's great for learning your ranges. I should really bind actual cast to something again, though. Sometimes actual cast is very useful. >.<

As for new posters, being one (new* in the last few weeks) I have to say it's a pretty friendly environment and I'm glad to be here. I don't get to play with GAFers, because EUW and also team, but maybe that'll change in future.

*not actually new to GAF, but never really read/posted before my GAFer friends pointed out this thread existed. I said, ooh, I'll read a bit and maybe post once. >.> And here we are, refreshing the subscriptions page every time I get bored.

"I don't know what the fascination with mid is that people feel the need to ruin games if they don't get it." --- I spit out my drink at the oblivious irony in this sentence.

Are you new/ low-level to League? It looks to me like 2 people insta-locked in unranked-blind pick...mid was never "your lane". Either be a bigger man and move to another lane or deal with 2 people mid (which is not against the rules). If you are upset from something said in the game chat then mute the people. You are also in for a bad time if you are already saying "I do good but everyone else feeds" at this point in the game. This game is only as good as you choose to make it. welcome to league

Kacar

Finally back on a hot streak in ranked, first 2 games were faceroll and then I got my first penta of the season with kayle in a super close game. They got our nexus under 200 life. My only other ranked penta came with brand in S1.

But im only getting like 8 points per win right now.....

I remember playing a game where my teammates just told me to go mid. No one goes mid unless they: know what they're doing / think they know what they're doing / are told to go mid.

This is a gut feeling so it may be wrong or something. But:

I feel like Ahri used to be super strong, and have a low enough ult cooldown, and low enough triple dash time, that she was almost completely ungankable especially with the Power Heart Throw ability, not to mention very powerful.

Then I feel like she got nerfed 4 times or something, and is now rarely used.

She got the nerf syndrome by the community. She got nerfed because she was overpowered and now people won't play her because of the nerfs.

She is still an incredibly powerful champion. That damage + CC + utility (haha fuck you ganker!) is just insane.

Boken

Banned
alright guys quick, how do you stop a split pushing tryn?

you have to send somebody who can kill him straight up in a 1v1

or engage on his team when he's not on your side of river and take objectives+1 person backs

ap ttrynd is still pretty good at split pushing but worser at a straight 1v1

She got the nerf syndrome by the community. She got nerfed because she was overpowered and now people won't play her because of the nerfs.

She is still an incredibly powerful champion. That damage + CC + utility (haha fuck you ganker!) is just insane.

She's a sexy fox lady. There's always a reason to play her.

AdventChild

Neo Member
Im getting bored of doing always top, so i start doing jungle with Malphite, who works really well on teamfights. Doing a lot of wins on normal.

Lulu is so fun to play too, brum brum!

that red's gonna getta hurt real bad

league is boring. who wants to join me for monhun next week!

I can't "join" you since I'll get the 3DS version because LOL WiiU. Still undecided on which weapons I'll go with this time. I just know it GL isn't on my list of choices.

It doesn't really bother me for 2 reasons.

1. I grew up soloing MH. I do play multiplayer from time to time, but I prefer the challenge and lack of random agro target for solo. I spent a crapload of time playing Training School in MHFU just to improve myself and I enjoyed it.
2. MH3U is balanced for 2 players, unlike 4 for the console versions. It's similar to the Portable series in that regard where everything is soloable.

Still don't know how HR works in the game, but hopefully it's more like the Portable series where you don't have to grind for points.

Boken

Banned
To anyone bored at work, the StarsWar league is live with SKT T1 vs Invictus Gaming followed by Najin Sword vs LGD.

http://www.twitch.tv/eslasia/new
does it have the new IG lineup?
For everyone who cares, iG basically looted Royale Gaming, who was a new chinese team that has been posting incredible results taking several games off WE and beating najin sword.
iG took the royale ADC (hui? dont remember his name). Royale's bot lane was meant to be the best in the world and royale's adc was said to be as good as weixiao.

so uh yeah, ig can be really strong now, if synergy permits. they should just kick their support for hui
meant online multi-player
we just play path of exile together

Paging brian
how was this weeks gamecrib?

also, we should use the LCS thread for MLG, since LCS matches are postponed for it

Inskipp

Weee, finally won the promotion series !
http://i.imgur.com/m45aBaH.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Oh hey grats man, jumping up in leagues is awesome!

I recently won my promo- series to Platinum after an excruciating promo- series (lost first two games and won last three in clutch). Feels good to reach my old season two- milestone.

Now to see if I can reach Diamond...

Neki

does it have the new IG lineup?
For everyone who cares, iG basically looted Royale Gaming, who was a new chinese team that has been posting incredible results taking several games off WE and beating najin sword.
iG took the royale ADC (hui? dont remember his name). Royale's bot lane was meant to be the best in the world and royale's adc was said to be as good as weixiao.

so uh yeah, ig can be really strong now, if synergy permits. they should just kick their support for hui

we just play path of exile together

Paging brian
how was this weeks gamecrib?

also, we should use the LCS thread for MLG, since LCS matches are postponed for it

path of exile too boring sorry xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom