• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
i mean mechanically. all LoL champs are pretty darn easy to play in comparison to other dota games or standard RTS.
uh i think thats a gross simplification of lol and a complete romanticisation of dota. while dota does have a higher top end in stuff like chen and meepo, but they still have stuff like drow ranger or skeleton knight who are way less mechanically demanding than the average league of legends champion
I think that's a pretty big stretch, because it's not like most people remember all of Jayce's abilities in both modes, or how they interact. Ditto Nidalee, ditto Elise.

Even then there's champs that I mentioned like Renekton where there is no big visual difference and the changes to his abilities are not particularly obvious. Take another example, Kha'Zix.
While I agree with you generally - that none of the kits recently have captured the imagination (cept zed), but i dont think you should assume people are retarded. people can remember 6 skills, they can notice renektons fury bar or his glowing sword or the sound of hitting 50 fury

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No like seriously, how did Zac even get to be like this? How is he even on the PBE in this state? These numbers are unreal. He has everything.

No mana. Insanely low cooldowns. Absurd damage. Crazy initiation. High mobility. And all of it is AOE topped off by a passive that makes him undying.

Every single bounce of his ultimate does roughly as much as a Sejuani ultimate in terms of damage, and he bounces four times. The CC is arguable better too, and he winds up having 50% movespeed during the bounce. If he hits all of his bounces he will do twice as much damage as a Kennen ult.

His W is instant HP scaling magic damage. Four second cool down. Four seconds. If Shyvana or Sejuani stand next to you for four to six seconds they will be able to do as much damage.

This is a joke right?

Ken

Probably? I dunno. This isn't like Rengar.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40861383&postcount=17300

Played Rengar on the PBE. He literally does more damage than anyone else in the game. It's like both good sustained damage, free stats flying in your face, and incredible burst. Like...if Veigar was a fucking jungler who healed himself and could solo Baron: that is pretty much Rengar.

Compared to that, PBE Zac sounds like he could rip Baron out of his pit at level 1, throw it at and kill Dragon, and have their corpses bounce off Dragon Pit and destroy the enemy Nexus.

brian!

wait is the bounce just bringing more dunking into the game
but it makes other people bounce too
wheres does the dunking begin and where does the dunking end

zkylon

zkylewd
find out in the lastest episode of gaming crib by gamespot sponsored by qualcom snapdragon

dimb

PBE up. Replays are in, or at least the interface for them. I can't buy Zac yet because the store doesn't work.

scy

Jarvan jungle and Zac top. Jarvan makes a net for me to dunk into.

instabuy

Boken

Banned
Rengar won with numbers until he had to get super nerfed. Zac's entire kit is just broken with crazy numbers on top of it.

just like alistars kit is just broken

non ult aoe knockup
long range displace
aoe heal
huge damage reduction

omg best support ever

yeah, all he needs is a dunk

dimb

Take away Alistar's mana and give him super mobility and high damage output and he becomes Zed.

Just so you know, having tried him in the PBE, the AOE % health ability costs 4% of your health to use at all ranks, which you immediately get back because his passive heal thing by picking up his blobs gives him 4% health back.

The Q punch takes 6% health, the jump 12% health. Ult has no cost.

Ferga

Just so you know, having tried him in the PBE, the AOE % health ability costs 4% of your health to use at all ranks, which you immediately get back because his passive heal thing by picking up his blobs gives him 4% health back.

The Q punch takes 6% health, the jump 12% health. Ult has no cost.

Gives zac a chance to have unlimited resources but you can outplay him easily. I like it.

But tell me if he can jungle well.

Gives zac a chance to have unlimited resources but you can outplay him easily. I like it.

But tell me if he can jungle well.

I haven't tried him jungle yet (Riot just limited customs to 6 people and PBE ping is ridiculous from here, so no normals yet) but his AOE thing would make jungle clears easy tbh.

He's made as a jungler, machete + 5 pots are his recommended starters. Ganks would be incredible.

Also, about that animation earlier, it's for his jump ability. He slingshots himself, hence why his arms are like that. His animations are incredible.

Predict some pretty mean level 2 ganks.

Wraiths and red with W. Gank mid or bot with E stun and red slow.

His E isn't a stun, it's a knockback, so you could failgank pretty easy if you do a bad E.

Boken

Banned
Yo Zac's ultimate is hilarious

fuck the haters

and i dont know why youre all whining about his ratios

his damage is pretty similiar to amumu's (pre-ratio nerf)

ps. wtf, they smashed rumble so hard

Ken

Also, about that animation earlier, it's for his jump ability. He slingshots himself, hence why his arms are like that. His animations are incredible.

doesn't get rid of the fact that it looks like he's going to launch himself with a high-velocity dump

His E isn't a stun, it's a knockback, so you could failgank pretty easy if you do a bad E.

Vi's Q isn't a stun either but it ends up as effective as one anyways. Also the official site's flavor text uses the word stun.

Vi's Q isn't a stun either but it ends up as effective as one anyways. Also the official site's flavor text uses the word stun.

It's not even as effective as Vi's. And it's most definitely a knockback, not a stun. Just played him.

Edit: the stun thing above their head comes up, as it does with most knocks, but it's such a small duration and your animation after it takes about as long.

In regards to his passive, the blobs have 10% of his health and 50% of his armour and MR, so 4 shots from an ADC total would finish him off. Also he can only revive with a max of 50% health, not full health. 5 minute cooldown.

Blizzard

Banned
ps. wtf, they smashed rumble so hard
Yeah, I didn't realize Rumble was considered that much of a problem I guess? If I'm reading the numbers correctly that's like, not only can you NOT use the ultimate to kill someone with instant damage anymore, but you also lose about 400-500 damage if you have 600 AP, even considering the increase to the damage over time from the ult? That's quite a bit of lost damage.

Sorry for the really newbie question, but... Is there any way, short of the tutorials, to play solo with AI teammates and against AI enemies? Kind of like you can in StarCraft II?

dimb

On Zac:
  • He is literally as big as a turret. I do not know if this is a bug.
  • The health cost on abilities is substantial.
  • His real passive releases blobs every time you use an ability. Didn't see this in the notes. You pick up the blobs you get back health. They are annoying to grab because Zac has extremely poor range.
  • Terrible first clear. Maybe one of the worst for any dedicated jungler. Had a runepage I wouldn't use for a champ like that though.
  • Slingshot is annoying. I hate abilities like this. Do I hold the button down? Do I tap it once to start it and another to activate it? It always seemed to break and was easily interrupted.
  • It might make more sense to max Q first. Would need to see numbers.
  • His AOE damage thing is weird. Gets to be very low cooldown with CDR. Spam that for damage. Kind of fun. Kind of annoying. I dunno, not sure yet.
  • Death passive is funny. If you come back in with low health it doesn't feel like you can do much though since he has a health cost on abilities.
4 u corgi, easiest solo baron of my life:
oEVVdPU.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
On Zac:
  • He is literally as big as a turret. I do not know if this is a bug.
  • The health cost on abilities is substantial.
  • His real passive releases blobs every time you use an ability. Didn't see this in the notes. You pick up the blobs you get back health. They are annoying to grab because Zac has extremely poor range.
  • Terrible first clear. Maybe one of the worst for any dedicated jungler. Had a runepage I wouldn't use for a champ like that though.
  • Slingshot is annoying. I hate abilities like this. Do I hold the button down? Do I tap it once to start it and another to activate it? It always seemed to break and was easily interrupted.
  • It might make more sense to max Q first. Would need to see numbers.
  • His AOE damage thing is weird. Gets to be very low cooldown with CDR. Spam that for damage. Kind of fun. Kind of annoying. I dunno, not sure yet.
  • Death passive is funny. If you come back in with low health it doesn't feel like you can do much though since he has a health cost on abilities.
4 u corgi, easiest solo baron of my life:
oEVVdPU.jpg

The way you describe it sounds mostly negative. Do you still feel he is the one of the best champions/massively overpowered?

Ferga

Don't care about clear time. I just want to know about sustainability. I can get smiteless leashes any day if people want to win in ranked.

How many pots are you using after you finish your first buff

He is literally as big as a turret. I do not know if this is a bug.

His model decreases in size as he loses health, so makes sense to be big at the start.

The health cost on abilities is substantial.

On his E yes, not so much on his Q, definitely not on his W.

His real passive releases blobs every time you use an ability. Didn't see this in the notes. You pick up the blobs you get back health. They are annoying to grab because Zac has extremely poor range.

Agreed.

Terrible first clear. Maybe one of the worst for any dedicated jungler. Had a runepage I wouldn't use for a champ like that though.

Haven't tried jungling him yet, but I can see why it would be a bit nasty. Still think maxing W is better, shorter cooldown and costs less health.

Slingshot is annoying. I hate abilities like this. Do I hold the button down? Do I tap it once to start it and another to activate it? It always seemed to break and was easily interrupted.

Hold down E if smart casting until charged.

It might make more sense to max Q first. Would need to see numbers.

In lane yes, in jungle no.

His AOE damage thing is weird. Gets to be very low cooldown with CDR. Spam that for damage. Kind of fun. Kind of annoying. I dunno, not sure yet.

I like it.

Death passive is funny. If you come back in with low health it doesn't feel like you can do much though since he has a health cost on abilities.

Agreed. All his animations are wonderful.

dimb

The way you describe it sounds mostly negative. Do you still feel he is the one of the best champions/massively overpowered?
He is not as strong as I imagined, mostly because the PBE notes were incomplete. He's just kind of a clunky guy. I guess I didn't realize just how short his range was, and it can be frustrating when his gap closer functions poorly in combat. Very weak to silence. Probably pretty weak to CC in general.

Can't say because I didn't play him enough. He will be strong if he can fit in somewhere. Not sure how he would do it lane. I can't imagine him winning trades or farming well.
Don't care about clear time. I just want to know about sustainability. I can get smiteless leashes any day if people want to win in ranked.

How many pots are you using after you finish your first buff
His sustain sucks early on. That was maxing W first. I would probably try maxing Q first if I could get into another game because you can get more health off of it than you use. Maybe not early game though so who knows.

Chewed through pots like crazy on early clears but that was without leash.

Oh yeah, forgot to say the strongest part of his death passive is the spread on your goo. The far pieces can be suuuuuuuuuper far away in zones that are really hard for the enemy to get to.

dimb

Oh yeah, diminishing returns on the bounce suck. nvm previous theorycrafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom