• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Guys, thanks for all your... thanks! Dobkerataeraterataestops also deserves praise, for the wonderful art and design.

I'll be updating the lists and champ stuff when I can. I'm currently attending a conference and taking care of family from afar. I hope you can understand.
Putting your family or education before updating the post? UNDERSTANDING DENIED

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I really need to play this so more, but I've just fallen out of playing over the last couple of weeks.

Might be time to try a match in a bit, and then rage when I suck. LOL

Swig_

When are denies being added to the game?

(Not trolling - but do you guys think that Denies add another level of complexity to the game for better or worse?)

Gangplank used to be able to deny, but they removed it. That was prob two years ago.

Blizzard

Banned
Got my first Penta today, im happy :)
With what champion? I've still never had one. I always get quadras with katarina, might have come close before but had someone else kill one.

Also I understand in ranked you win and get maybe 11 elo, and lose and lose 14 elo, but I really wish the game wouldn't make you lose 14 elo when you literally had 4v5 half the game. The game detects the guy was afk, it shows his NAME in red so you know it detects it, he was sitting level 9 in spawn after disconnecting...yet you still get the full 14 elo loss. :(

Ken

With what champion? I've still never had one. I always get quadras with katarina, might have come close before but had someone else kill one.

Also I understand in ranked you win and get maybe 11 elo, and lose and lose 14 elo, but I really wish the game wouldn't make you lose 14 elo when you literally had 4v5 half the game. The game detects the guy was afk, it shows his NAME in red so you know it detects it, he was sitting level 9 in spawn after disconnecting...yet you still get the full 14 elo loss. :(

Man up.

Roybr

It was Graves, at the end of the team fight i was super low and had a sona (schmatt) and they had Ez and Malz
I was able to finish them off, i tought i was going to die, thanks to life steal

zkylon

zkylewd
I've never even gotten a Quadra in my life (against humans). I think the best I've ever done is a Triple kill with Sona, one time the other team stuck around after a teamfight and my brother shot his ult with Ez and left them hanging by a thread and I just cleaned house :D

You know how it is with Sona....

Yeah, it's just not a hard reset. There's going to be "something" at the end of the season though.

I still need to try AP Rengar. I think my AD Rengar is pretty good so if AP is just that much better...

Scarra was pointing out this guy who's being playing literally nothing but AP rengar and gone from 2200 elo to 2500 elo. And this guy plays rengar if he gets support so he's a bad troll, but he still increases his skill cap by 300 elo because Riot hurrrrrr move with huge healing and defense bonuses and AoE and 1.0 ap scaling.

Blizzard

Banned
AP Rengar seems to me that it'd be like AP Sion, too reliant on one move for your damage. Of course there's the advantage of not having the shield broken, but eh. It seems like something that should be counterable.

It doesn't help that it's so rare to see a good Rengar. The 4v5 ranked game I just had was the one with the Rengar who ragequit. I guess it was my fault though, I shouldn't have said anything. :(

Anyway I personally had a decent score, and I went AP Eve again for the next game. I tried 9/21/0 going with scy's theory, since I guess you don't REALLY need the bit of extra AP, and executioner might be nice but you probably can get by without it. It seemed like a good combination. It was a long and grueling game with the AD carry complaining/harassing the support the whole time, but in the end Jarvan and I did a good bit of damage, I got a triple kill, barely missed quadra, went 11/1/10 in 40 minutes. I'm still liking AP Eve. If you can survive long enough to get deathfire and abyssal, it's fun times. Plus with the defense tree I get even more movespeed!

Boken

Banned
Excuse my ignorance, but is this speculation or fact?
The only thing im speculating aobut in that list is the MM ARAM. New items have been confirmed, as with top lane rework, new ranked elo tiers have been found in PBE files
I thought per the red post discussion, they weren't sure yet, and they might do a soft ELO reset to adjust people back closer to 1200. Has it been decided and confirmed by red posts for sure now?
No you dont win 11 and lose 14 every time. You win 11 because you were the favoured team to win and you lost 14 because you were the favoured team to win.

I'm pretty they said that they're going to do a soft reset.
Yes they're doing a "soft reset" - but the numbers people will see will not change, at thats the most important part. The soft reset will most likely entail resetting the K-factor, which is basically the uncertainty value in their ELO calculations.

Sheap

Took a little break but now I'm back! Past two days have been good to me.

wiining.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

If the game changed ELO distribution based on whether or not people AFKed people would try and guilt trip their teammates into quitting the game.

Q8D3vil

AP Rengar seems to me that it'd be like AP Sion, too reliant on one move for your damage. Of course there's the advantage of not having the shield broken, but eh. It seems like something that should be counterable.

It doesn't help that it's so rare to see a good Rengar. The 4v5 ranked game I just had was the one with the Rengar who ragequit. I guess it was my fault though, I shouldn't have said anything. :(
its not your fault, you did the right thing. lets just hope that he was just angry enough to delete the game, leaver have a high chance to get banned anyway.

Yeah, it's just not a hard reset. There's going to be "something" at the end of the season though.

I still need to try AP Rengar. I think my AD Rengar is pretty good so if AP is just that much better...

Anyway I personally had a decent score, and I went AP Eve again for the next game. I tried 9/21/0 going with scy's theory, since I guess you don't REALLY need the bit of extra AP, and executioner might be nice but you probably can get by without it. It seemed like a good combination. It was a long and grueling game with the AD carry complaining/harassing the support the whole time, but in the end Jarvan and I did a good bit of damage, I got a triple kill, barely missed quadra, went 11/1/10 in 40 minutes. I'm still liking AP Eve. If you can survive long enough to get deathfire and abyssal, it's fun times. Plus with the defense tree I get even more movespeed!

IKR there's no way building around a single move should work, but when Riot gives that single move good AoE damage with good scaling that adds 60MR/AR so you have an easy advantage in damage trades and a scaling heal on a resourceless move for retarded sustain as well it just wins the lane and puts you in an easy position to have the AP items to assassinate carries. It's utterly retarded.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think it's fine. Every hero being built only one way according to the designer's intention is fucking boring.

zkylon

zkylewd
Pretty good Ahri and Janna day, though lost the last match. Our Graves actually built a Frozen Mallet and a Thornmail because he was scared of the jungler Yi on the enemy team, so basically we had no damage output on team fights.

Anyways, 5k, time to try Orianna in PBE...

garath

I could not have picked a better mid.

Push lane against Leb. Shield while spamming laugh at Alistar ganks (three of them).

Chalice and double Doran rush to constantly push the lane.

MUNDO GOES WHERE HE PLEASES

Very nice :) LB miscalculated hard buying a mejais lol

scy

Wait, 5/0 so that means the LB got her kills from roams alone or during team fights (or I guess failed ganks). So ... why did she buy a Mejai's?

I should buy Mejai's next time I go like 7/0 in lane with Kat. Just because.

Why Mejai? Free week Leb for us!

No one died in our lane, so her kills were from the roams.

I tried Leb on bots and I'm glad I did. I can't play her. Is her combo W>DFG>Q>R>E>W? Needs really fast smartcasting. I think I need to toggle item smartcast on.

Blizzard

Banned
Wait, 5/0 so that means the LB got her kills from roams alone or during team fights (or I guess failed ganks). So ... why did she buy a Mejai's?

I should buy Mejai's next time I go like 7/0 in lane with Kat. Just because.
In my Katarina notes I would write down when I actually got Mejai's (very rare). I think my criteria was if on my first time back to base, if I had enough gold for both the little green gun AND Mejai's because I was doing so well, I would. I think I ended up with maybe 50% of the Mejai's games getting high/max stacks before it would end, but that's just a rough estimate from memory.

garath

In my Katarina notes I would write down when I actually got Mejai's (very rare). I think my criteria was if on my first time back to base, if I had enough gold for both the little green gun AND Mejai's because I was doing so well, I would. I think I ended up with maybe 50% of the Mejai's games getting high/max stacks before it would end, but that's just a rough estimate from memory.

I'm always torn on Mejai's when playing an assassin char. It's a snowball item for a character that needs to snowball. Fits right? When I look back at my 11/1, 7/0, etc games with characters like Kassadin I always think to myself "I should have bought one".

I wish I had more data. I.e. if 75% or greater of my kassadin games are 10+ kills with few deaths, then it would make sense to buy it in all my games. Now if I only did it in 50% of the games. What were my matchups that I did it with. etc etc

Probably why a site like elobuff is so valuable to some people. I don't want to pay for it though lol.

garath

More and more sales where I don't buy anything, excellent.

Yeah. I'm with you. Pickings are getting thin. I probably should have bought Darius when he was on sale. Definitely Leona.

The only ones I really want to buy left are:

Sona (will use IP)
Leona
Zyra
Darius

Leona and Darius were just on sale so that ship has saled*. Zyra should be coming up soon. Couple weeks at most.

*intentional misspelling

Boken

Banned
Are Draven and Akali worth having? (They're on sale.)

Akali has the sexiest skins, but needs her own rune page to play and also costs only 3150 ip.

Draven takes a lot of effort to play but he does crazy damage in lane. Kinda weak in team fights though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom