• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

MultiCore

You can always be pro like me and use an AD rune page + magic book (plus ignite if needed) to get both level 1 passives with Akali.

(don't do that unless you're just playing bots or something though :p)

Hey, that's pretty crafty heh.

I've never played her, and I don't recall seeing her on free week during any time I've been available to play.

I'm gonna play some Varus and Vlad this week for sure though.

Also, I've started a smurf, SubtleHints. You may have seen me in the chat channel.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Hey, that's pretty crafty heh.

I've never played her, and I don't recall seeing her on free week during any time I've been available to play.

I'm gonna play some Varus and Vlad this week for sure though.

Also, I've started a smurf, SubtleHints. You may have seen me in the chat channel.

I think akali has been free week a total of 3 times since I've seen her released.

Not to toot my own horn or anything but my Hec is getting pretty good.

4iD2A.png

So I'm finally ready to get into this game, but I have one question. Is there an easier/alternate way to download it? Or a torrent I could use or something? Because I tried the installer but the file is about 2GB and I'm at university where the connection is susceptible to hiccups.

zkylon

zkylewd
Are Draven and Akali worth having? (They're on sale.)
Akali is a lot of fun but you should almost always pick her as a counter, because she's easily shut down if the other team wills it. The rune page is pretty useful, but I've done well without it.

MultiCore

So I'm finally ready to get into this game, but I have one question. Is there an easier/alternate way to download it? Or a torrent I could use or something? Because I tried the installer but the file is about 2GB and I'm at university where the connection is susceptible to hiccups.

If you can find a torrent of it, that will work fine, because the updates are directly downloaded, and all old versions will update.

That said, the initial download via Pando Media booster is indeed a torrent download itself.

zkylon

zkylewd
You can always be pro like me and use an AD rune page + magic book (plus ignite if needed) to get both level 1 passives with Akali.

(don't do that unless you're just playing bots or something though :p)
lol I used to do AP rune page + Doran's Blade at lower levels and still snowball. Not recommended though :p

Blizzard

Banned
If you can find a torrent of it, that will work fine, because the updates are directly downloaded, and all old versions will update.

That said, the initial download via Pando Media booster is indeed a torrent download itself.
Don't forget to go to control panel and uninstall the stupid Pando Media booster afterwards, since if I recall correctly it will hang around otherwise.

MultiCore

Don't forget to go to control panel and uninstall the stupid Pando Media booster afterwards, since if I recall correctly it will hang around otherwise.

You're absolutely correct. It's the bane of universal existence, essentially.

I wonder how many League players don't uninstall it. Quite a few, I'd imagine.

garath

You're absolutely correct. It's the bane of universal existence, essentially.

I wonder how many League players don't uninstall it. Quite a few, I'd imagine.

Hmm.. I do not know of this Pando Media Booster. I think I need to find it and uninstall it.

edit: Ugh. Read up on it. That would explain a few network anomalies I've had while my computer is on.

zkylon

zkylewd
Draven is amazing in lane. Whenever I do duo with a friend, me playing as Sona, it's almosta guaranteed zoning them out.

By the way, why is Taric the best support for Graves?

Ferrio

Banned
Draven is amazing in lane. Whenever I do duo with a friend, me playing as Sona, it's almosta guaranteed zoning them out.

His stun. Taric and Graves work good together because they're both aggressive early game. Same why Draven and Taric work wonders together too.

Q8D3vil

graves get 20 armor from his passive and tons of armor from taric w passive, he become extremely tanky (at least during lane phase ) for an adc.

Blizzard

Banned
Doesn't Taric also have a like 500 armor aura, which adds to Graves 500 armor autoattack passive, resulting in huge combined tankyness values of like 10000? *edit* CURSE YOU OTHER POSTER!

Also stun dash shotgun, yes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lots of lazy people made Taric take off a little while ago, but he's already falling off the map again. Taric provides even more free armor, an in lane heal so he doesn't have to worry about harass champions too much, a powerful stun that acts as a zoning tool and sets up the Q for Graves, and stat reduction.

zkylon

zkylewd
I really wish Leona was 3150 so I could buy her now and call my support roster "complete" (would be Ali, Janna, Sona and Leona).

dimb

You didn't even list the best and most fun support character.
LswLD.png

Leona sucks. She's for people who are too big of a wuss to play Blitzcrank.

scy

Leona looks better than Blitzcrank, therefore your point is invalid to me.
Though moe Lulu...

Blizzard

Banned
I will always own the best Blitzcrank skin, so I will style on Leona players all day, even if she is kind of a counter.

Buy Lulu already, she's really fun.
I bought Lulu on release day if I recall correctly. I'd like to be able to play her mid and/or with attack speed but could never get them to work especially with nerfs. I haven't played her as support recently but I'm not sure if she'd be as fun as Blitzcrank.

scy

I bought Lulu on release day if I recall correctly. I'd like to be able to play her mid and/or with attack speed but could never get them to work especially with nerfs. I haven't played her as support recently but I'm not sure if she'd be as fun as Blitzcrank.

CTRL-4.

dimb

I don't mind playing support. People's unwillingness to play the role is really a bother in all honesty.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't mind playing support. People's unwillingness to play the role is really a bother in all honesty.
I don't mind playing support for my friends, but playing support on Solo Queue is terrible. Most of the times your ADC will never follow an engage, or will let you die in order to tower dive and maybe get a kill. And they'll call you a retard for killing a few minions while he's in base.

XeroSauce

Lulu is really fun, her passive is funny to watch/use, her skills are varied, and she's very effective in the right hands.

dimb

I don't mind playing support for my friends, but playing support on Solo Queue is terrible. Most of the times your ADC will never follow an engage, or will let you die in order to tower dive and maybe get a kill. And they'll call you a retard for killing a few minions while he's in base.
Sometimes people flip out. Like...I'll be consuming minions for health as Nunu and they're going wild, even though my CS will still be really low. I've mostly just taken to laughing it off, you'll always run into unpleasant people in solo queue, as a support or otherwise.
no one wants to be a ward bitch
C'mon. There's more to it than that.

Neki

Sometimes people flip out. Like...I'll be consuming minions for health as Nunu and they're going wild, even though my CS will still be really low. I've mostly just taken to laughing it off, you'll always run into unpleasant people in solo queue, as a support or otherwise.

C'mon. There's more to it than that.

Um, I like last hitting in lane usually?

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, the thing is that as a support your role is to baby sit and make plays for the ADC (not downplaying ADCs' role, but not being focused on last hitting allows you a mind frame to focus on warding, timing, watching where everyone on the enemy team is, etc.), so not having an ADC follow through is incredibly frustrating.

Jungling in Solo Queue is probably even worse, but I don't play Jungler, so I just share my own bit of suffering :)

How do you build Hec? I bought him a couple of weeks ago.. He's fun but I take a lot of damage.

Start boots pots, get philo and HoG, then sheen, merc treads usually, then if you're getting tons of money finish trin force, if not get glacial shroud, then phage, then finish frozen heart, then finish trin force, I usually build maw after that, then randuins. games dont usually make it that far though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom