• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Tough crowd. Heres my favourite:
zombiebrand.png
Hooray it's real!

zkylon

zkylewd
Because I know some of you care:

BONUS LEVEL (some are you going to love this shit)
fiora.png
GOT DAMN

Maybe I'll just buy Fiora with my 6300 IP. I'll farm like a madman this weekend.

Brand is also really good. Are those all the skins or they usually do more? I don't have even one of those champs :/

Just realized the DFG nerf isn't just a 25% -> 15% reduction on the base activateable damage, its also completely removes the CDR. Holy fucking overnerf Riot.

y2dvd

Whoa those new items!

They needed to keep Elise a sexy humanoid for cosplayers of course!

Those skins! Zombie Brand's animation is amazing. I wished his ult was his vomit though lol.

Feature

Banned
I'm reading on the zombie brand skin that when he spawn he digs himself up from the spawn. Anyone can confirm? Would be awesome.

garath

Wow. So many things just overnight!

Elise, Spider Queen - Yay! Probably the second day 1 buy for me. First was Diana. Didn't regret that until her overnerf. Looks like a lot of fun. I like the rappel ability. Sounds deadly.

Sona - Sona is the most fun support I've played. The why is simple. I feel like she has the most impact. She's not a helpless "run away while someone beats on me if my carry dies" support. Her poke is strong, she has movespeed buff and the AE stun is game changing. She's one of the few supports that I feel like I am making a big difference in lane AND in teamfights besides just carrying some aura items.

Nerfs - wow. That's a LOT of nerfs. DFG nerf was necessary. It was becoming a must buy item on almost every mage. Too powerful for the money. Phage nerf is fine too.

champion nerfs are hard hitting this one. I have a feeling Ezreal is going to fade into oblivion without his attack speed debuff. Blitz and Sona squishier is bad for Sona :( Jayce and Rengar definitely need a nerf. Jayce's poke is insane and Rengar.. well. He just wrecks.

Not gonna lie, that Brand skin is pretty amazing.

Omg, what an awesome skin. I used to love playing Brand. He might make a comeback for me after this lol.

Jeez, after not buying RP for like 4 months, I think Riot's going to get another $50 out of me in short order. So many things I want:

Elise
Brand Skin
Leona sale
Zyra sale

That's what, 3k RP right there?

Sona nerf..... I hate Riot. On the bright side hopefully all these support nerfs end making the NA meta shift a bit in bot lane and allow more stranger comps to form.

scy

Guess I'll buy Fiora so I can contest Kiunch for feeding top lane with her.

Bonetooth Necklace

Base damage reduced to 0 from 10.

Wait, what?

DFG losing all the CDR is holyshit. Man, CDR gonna be hard to itemize for now :x
Still gotta buy it on Evelynn anyway

scy

Incidentally, the Sona nerf is -40 HP, -2 Armor. Not sure if that's big enough to change everything for her but it does mean she dies easier at lower levels. The Rengar nerf to Savagery (150% -> 100%) isn't a big deal for laning phase, just means an extra E harass before jumping in. I feel like I'll have to deal with the ult cooldown far more than the Q change.

The Jayce changes are the ridiculous ones. -40 to 160 damage from his Hammer E? +40% cost to his Cannon E? He'll be a safe laner still but damn, killing with him in lane will be hard.

On another note, not really feeling the Elise skin. And her kit makes me wonder at her damage output in lane. Guess we'll see how things go for her with that Q (low cooldown, Current Health% as Human and Missing Health% as Spider) and her spiderlings.

I just wish she didn't have that stupid hat.

Incidentally, the Sona nerf is -40 HP, -2 Armor. Not sure if that's big enough to change everything for her but it does mean she dies easier at lower levels. The Rengar nerf to Savagery (150% -> 100%) isn't a big deal for laning phase, just means an extra E harass before jumping in. I feel like I'll have to deal with the ult cooldown far more than the Q change.

The Jayce changes are the ridiculous ones. -40 to 160 damage from his Hammer E? +40% cost to his Cannon E? He'll be a safe laner still but damn, killing with him in lane will be hard.

On another note, not really feeling the Elise skin. And her kit makes me wonder at her damage output in lane. Guess we'll see how things go for her with that Q (low cooldown, Current Health% as Human and Missing Health% as Spider) and her spiderlings.

I just wish she didn't have that stupid hat.

Oh lol that's nothing. The -40HP and -2 armor is assuming I'm gonna get hit. Gotta-go-fast speed buff too stronk.

Inskipp

I got to play one match on the new TT... Kinda laggy for me in the PBE, so I'll probably hold out extensive testing till it gets released in EU.

I dig it though. The altar- system feels more of an appropriate objective than the old creep- buffs. Also the fact that most of the stuff is centered around middle (while Vilemaw is top) makes it a lot smoother to navigate, instead of having to bounce all over the place for various buffs. Tower-damage felt weird though, it seemed to take 55-60% off minion- hp from a single hit, instead of the usual 40-45%, so you had to prep the minion for last hit before the tower actually hits the minion. Not sure if intentional.

Also, Vilemaw is epic. Twice the size of Nashor, and a lot more potent damage-wise than Ebonmaw.

Overall, I like the direction its heading at so far. One thing that I didn't check were the creep camp- timers, so I'm not sure if jungling is actually any better.

scy

Oh lol that's nothing. The -40HP and -2 armor is assuming I'm gonna get hit. Gotta-go-fast speed buff too stronk.

Yeah. They said they didn't want to touch her kit or how she plays, just her safeness from her base stats. So her changes are just 340 HP/6 Armor at Level 1 instead of 380 HP/8 Armor. Similarly, Blitzcrank is 423 HP/95 HP per Level instead of 468/100 HP per Level.

Inskipp

Twice the size of Nashor 0_0. I assume it's not as strong as Nashor though?!?!??
Iuno, it feels pretty similar power-wise. I attempted to solo it 1-2 mins after it spawned (I was Rengar), but he wrecked the shit out of me really fast. Had to get some decent gear before attempting it with team- mates, and even then he managed to take off a good chunk out of me before we downed him.

EXGN

The removal of CDR on DFG is pretty big. Now, outside of boots of Lucidity, there are no items that mana-less (or champs without mana issues) champions can buy that reduces CDR without wasting stats.

Blizzard

Banned
Just realized the DFG nerf isn't just a 25% -> 15% reduction on the base activateable damage, its also completely removes the CDR. Holy fucking overnerf Riot.
That's the thing, DFG was a huge part of Eve. In my opinion nerfing DFG might have been enough to tone down what's almost the entire point of Eve, two %HP spells. Instead, they heavily nerfed DFG -and- are nerfing Eve's spells, if I understand correctly.

The removal of CDR on DFG is pretty big. Now, outside of boots of Lucidity, there are no items that mana-less (or champs without mana issues) champions can buy that reduces CDR without wasting stats.
Bingo!

Last but not least, teacher Fiora is awesome. <3

garath

Yeah. They said they didn't want to touch her kit or how she plays, just her safeness from her base stats. So her changes are just 340 HP/6 Armor at Level 1 instead of 380 HP/8 Armor. Similarly, Blitzcrank is 423 HP/95 HP per Level instead of 468/100 HP per Level.

Man. Sona is going to be even squishier. I know if I have to lane against her I'll be doing my best to harass her early. Back her out so she can't harass.

Guess that's the intent.

It probably won't hurt her mid game that much. Heart of gold->Randuins, Aegis should still provide some decent tankiness.

True. They really need some CDR reduction items for manaless casters. Hopefully it's on their radar.

scy

That's the thing, DFG was a huge part of Eve. In my opinion nerfing DFG might have been enough to tone down what's almost the entire point of Eve, two %HP spells. Instead, they heavily nerfed DFG -and- are nerfing Eve's spells, if I understand correctly.

To be fair, a 200 AP Evelynn would DFG+Ult you for 52%/57%/62% of your HP. Post-change, she'll do 42%/47%/52% of your HP.

At 400 AP, Evelynn would do 64%/69%/74%; post-change, she'll do 54%/59%/64%. So, for the most part, we're talking about losing 10% HP% damage on her burst. At 200-400 AP, that means one extra Q to land, typically (less for squishies, more for bruisers).

Blizzard

Banned
To be fair, a 200 AP Evelynn would DFG+Ult you for 52%/57%/62% of your HP. Post-change, she'll do 42%/47%/52% of your HP.

At 400 AP, Evelynn would do 64%/69%/74%; post-change, she'll do 54%/59%/64%. So, for the most part, we're talking about losing 10% HP% damage on her burst. At 200-400 AP, that means one extra Q to land, typically (less for squishies, more for bruisers).
Is that including the nerfs to the Eve spells as well? If so it sounds like she could still be feasible then, as long as they don't increase the ult timer back up to like 10 minutes. :p

scy

Unless there's an undocumented change to it, her Ultimate nerf is 2% -> 1% scaling. It's still 15%/20%/25% Damage on a 120/90/60 second timer.

On another note, I really, really, really want that AD Caster item they added to Treeline to make it over to Rift :( AD, Spell Vamp, CDR, ArPen, and Health?

garath

Unless there's an undocumented change to it, her Ultimate nerf is 2% -> 1% scaling. It's still 15%/20%/25% Damage on a 120/90/60 second timer.

On another note, I really, really, really want that AD Caster item they added to Treeline to make it over to Rift :( AD, Spell Vamp, CDR, ArPen, and Health?

I see a revival of Talon with that item :) Maybe I'd actually get to use him.

Bingo!

Last but not least, teacher Fiora is awesome. <3

Yeah that's my opinion too. Kinda similar situation with the heavy Ezreal nerf on top of the trinity force nerf thing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm wanting that item that gives health on every kill or assist.

Whoa at that Ezreal nerf. Pretty huge (and welcome). Also glad to see the Phage/Trinity Force changes only affect ranged attacks. Not really super interested in any of the new skins, but the spell effect changes on the Brand one look nice.

Core Zero

Hey all, complete noob here with a couple questions.

What is the best/most efficient way to spend IP/RP at the start? I've bought Sivir and Veigar with IP, and haven't bought any RP but probably will "soon". Are any of the RP bundles worthwhile, even though I think they all have the 2 champs I bought? I see people say you need to save all the IP you get leveling for runes. Should I just refund and wait to buy champs? I don't really favor any role, though I tend to prefer ranged to melee.

When does jungling become viable? I'm level 7, and trying it just gets me murdered. I've read it really takes full runes/masteries to work, but it seems odd to wait until that point to learn. Are there any decent jungling guides for new players?

dimb

What is the best/most efficient way to spend IP/RP at the start? I've bought Sivir and Veigar with IP, and haven't bought any RP but probably will "soon". Are any of the RP bundles worthwhile, even though I think they all have the 2 champs I bought? I see people say you need to save all the IP you get leveling for runes. Should I just refund and wait to buy champs? I don't really favor any role, though I tend to prefer ranged to melee.

When does jungling become viable? I'm level 7, and trying it just gets me murdered. I've read it really takes full runes/masteries to work, but it seems odd to wait until that point to learn. Are there any decent jungling guides for new players?
You didn't really spend a lot, so don't feel like you have to refund. Veigar and Sivir are both good cheap purchases that fill out a collection well. Yeah though, save up IP for the future for runes and stuff, just because they help a lot.

Dunno about when jungling becomes viable. Probably 20? I couldn't really say, even then your teams might not be able to deal with the 2v1 top. I dunno about jungling guides either. I checked some out and they seemed extremely outdated. This one seemed the most helpful, but it doesn't get going until like two minutes in.

Boken

Banned

People save IP for tier 3 rune sets (starts at level 20). One full set would set you back approx 5500 ip I believe. You'll have around 13000 ip getting to level 20.

Most efficient way is to get free alistar/tristana, play free champions and buy cheap (~1350ip, ~450 ip champions). You can spend RP if you play a free champion you really really like. The RP champ bundles are decent value, if you plan to play all of the champions.

Watching my girlfriend level, junglers started becoming common around level 13-14. Re: getting murdered - for EVERY champion to jungle, they need very specific tier 3 runes. But there are several of junglers than can work without them, like nunu and warwick and... others. I'd suggest starting jungling around level 13 with everybody else, since people need to be able to solo top (and trust me, youll have many games where they cant 2v1). Jungling becomes a permanent staple post level 20.

Whoa at that Ezreal nerf. Pretty huge (and welcome). Also glad to see the Phage/Trinity Force changes only affect ranged attacks. Not really super interested in any of the new skins, but the spell effect changes on the Brand one look nice.
The ezreal nerf is over the top. So is the DFG nerf.

I am so salty

scy

Both of them on a bruiser. Oh god. Those on an Irelia, Olaf, Jax, etc.? Man.

The RP bundles are a fairly good value (notably the Champion Pack one). As for the individual champs, I wouldn't spend RP on champs unless it is a 6300 IP one that is on sale. Just not really worth it otherwise, in my opinion.

As for spending IP, the easiest way would be to figure out what runes you feel like you MUST have by 20 and just save IP for that. I hit 20 with ~18,000 IP and that was enough for two roles worth of runes and then some. I could have spent half of that IP on some champs and been fine with just my standard top lane setup.

Realistically, I'd say to figure out a few champs you really want to play (say, 3-5) and get them and then just save your IP for runes. It's best to have runes at 20 (and buying new ones every level as you unlock more slots) and then grind champs rather than having champs but having to grind runes.

Some Junglers can do it earlier (Warwick notably). The harder part of learning jungle early is that most people don't jungle anyway so you're leaving your top lane to deal with a 2v1 situation. It's kind of weird how having a jungler just kind of eventually "happens" around the Level 20 mark.

garath

Jungling will be awhile. It was in the 20s that you really started to see jungling more regularly. Without a real strong jungler, it's more of a disadvantage because top gets wrecked 1v2. The low level games are better off 2-1-2.

It's perfectly fine to buy cheap (<1350) champs with IP, other than that, I'd save it for the runes you'll want to buy at level 20. It takes a LOT of IP to fill up a runepage. I saved from level 12 or so to 20 and had just enough to fill up 2 generic runepages (reusing most of the MR and armor runes across each page).

RP is best spent during sales. They have sales 2x a week for champions and skins. That's the only time I'd buy a champion or skin unless I really have my heart set on a brand new champion (I bought Diana immediately, will probably buy Elise immediately).

The champion bundle for RP is a pretty decent deal imo. I bought one pretty early and it was valuable. It covered a lot of roles that I needed a champion for and had some real strong champions that I use a lot (Kassadin, Karthus). I looked at it as buying the game for $25 - getting a solid base of champions. I don't play near as much as other people though so I had to save all my IP for runes.

Of course I've spent around $100 on league so far, so I may not be your best role model. 400+ games is a lot of playtime though, so I definitely feel like I got my money's worth.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Incidentally, the Sona nerf is -40 HP, -2 Armor. Not sure if that's big enough to change everything for her but it does mean she dies easier at lower levels.

I'm okay with this.

Because I know some of you care:

BONUS LEVEL (some are you going to love this shit)
fiora.png

I think I need to buy Fiora now.

garath

I've decided that after watching Oddone play some Kha'zix, I really want him. He fits my playstyle - assassin.

I need to get more comfortable with jungling champions. I really only have Shyvana, Nocturne and Lee Sin in my arsenal.

It's worth IP buying Nunu, Malphite, Morgana, Jax, Taric and Mundo. With that plus Alistar and Tristana for free and the champions you've got you'll have a very solid lineup for each role for very little IP. Add in any other cheap champions that take your fancy and you'll be set; it's more important to have fun with a variety of champions than scrimp and save every bit of IP for rune pages with no champions.

dimb

I've decided that after watching Oddone play some Kha'zix, I really want him. He fits my playstyle - assassin.

I need to get more comfortable with jungling champions. I really only have Shyvana, Nocturne and Lee Sin in my arsenal.
I did it yesterday, and not that I'm pro or good at Kha'zix or anything but I think he's a pretty weak fit for a jungler and goes much better top. I really don't feel his ganks are very strong, and his clear times aren't the greatest. In fact it's kind of annoying just trying to line up his W to clear.

Also, assassins are not really the best junglers right now. A good Skarner or Mundo would just run you over.

Core Zero

Thanks for replies everyone. Now I just have to start playing more. Last night was actually my first PvP game, by accident. Meant to do Co-op, didn't pay attention to what I was doing and ended up in a PvP game. Played Volibear on a whim, got destroyed early but came back late, unfortunately we lost, in part due to the fact that one player on the opposing team had as many kills as our entire team at one point late :/ Had fun with the champion though. Will have to try again now that I know what his abilities do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom