• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

DAYUM @ DAT BRAND SKIN. holy fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

too bad I don't play him.........................yet.

fuck bros, buy Maokai or Brand?

garath

Now, do I buy Brand and his skin in hopes that they buff him to be useful ... hm.

Goddamn limited skins. :(

Brand is useful. I think I remember him getting a QoL patch where his ult prioritizes champions.

He's a strong laner and has a lot of early game damage. He needs to land that skillshot stun though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
DAYUM @ DAT BRAND SKIN. holy fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

too bad I don't play him.........................yet.

fuck bros, buy Maokai or Brand?
Maokai is more relevant right now, but if you like playing Brand buy Brand. At the end of the day he offers the same thing as other champions for more work though.

Achtius

ward_skins_EN_thumb.jpg

Here are the first five ward skins available to unlock:
Deadfall Ward – 200 IP
Haunting Ward – 800 IP
Tomb Angel Ward – 25 RP
Widow Ward – 75 RP
Bat-O-Lantern Ward – 165 RP

Here’s how they work. When you purchase a specific ward skin from the Wards tab of the League of Legends Store, it gets added to your inventory for one week.

lame :(

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10/ward-skins-coming-soon.html

scy

5/10/25 might have been a better idea, that way someone actually does do the whole buying up 52 of them. I get that they're meant to be a limited time thing for Halloween so I hope that future "generic" reskins are permanent ones.

scy

I just want to buy Elise, though hopefully do my Ranked grind before I have to deal with nerfed Rengar and Eve :x

zkylon

zkylewd
lolol Summoner icons based on how much RP you spend:
As we venture deeper into the mysterious mists of the Shadow Isles, summoner icons are taking on some dreadful new facades. In celebration of the upcoming patch, we’ll be offering some sinister new summoner icons when you purchase RP. There are five icons to collect based on the total RP you purchase between October 1 and November 13. Your new summoner icons will be unleashed after the release of the Shadow Isles patch to haunt your profile forevermore.

Here’s the breakdown:

Tier 1 (any RP amount): Spiteful Specter
Tier 2 (1,000+ RP): Baleful Grasp plus Tier 1
Tier 3 (2,500+ RP): Death Mask plus Tiers 1-2
Tier 4 (5,000+ RP): Deadfall Treant plus Tiers 1-3
Tier 5 (10,000+ RP): Vengeful Wraith plus Tiers 1-4

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/earn-sinister-summoner-icons-rp-purchases

Riot knows no shame.

erragal

If they want me to buy 1000 rp then just make permanent ward skins cost 1000 rp. The one week timer is so disappointing; I honestly want ward skins more than I do champion skins.

JesseZao

The temporary ward announcement is just starting a value proposition. All they have to do now is say a week before the patch that, for 260/520/975RP, you can unlock the ward skins permanently. They will be seen as listening to the community and providing a great value.

Next up: Season Pass for 2980 RP which unlocks one ward and one skin per holiday.

Don't see why people complain about more things to optionally spend money on. Really irrational complaint.

scy

Eh, it's RP you buy, not spend for the summoner icons. Not sure if it's really that big of a deal. Sure, free would've been nice, I guess, but since people will no doubt buy RP during this period (be it for sales, the new skins, new champs, whatever), it's not really that ridiculous.

Maybe a few should have been obtainable via IP somehow, I guess.

EXGN

It's really hard to understand all the hate Riot catches for this kinda stuff when I've never spent a dime on League.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm pretty sure a vast majority of their players have, at some point, shelled out for RP.

Otherwise they wouldn't be the huge success they are today.

garath

The temporary ward announcement is just starting a value proposition. All they have to do now is say a week before the patch that, for 260/520/975RP, you can unlock the ward skins permanently. They will be seen as listening to the community and providing a great value.

Next up: Season Pass for 2980 RP which unlocks one ward and one skin per holiday.

Don't see why people complain about more things to optionally spend money on. Really irrational complaint.

I think people complain because they really want it and it's priced a little too high. I agree with your assessment of allowing them to be unlocked permanently. Might not be halloween themed though. Might just add some new ward skins after that you can unlock forever.

Eh, it's RP you buy, not spend for the summoner icons. Not sure if it's really that big of a deal. Sure, free would've been nice, I guess, but since people will no doubt buy RP during this period (be it for sales, the new skins, new champs, whatever), it's not really that ridiculous.

I misread that initially too and saw it as RP spent. RP bought is much more reasonable. I'll probably buy another $30 worth just because I know I'll spend it over the next couple months. So probably T3 or T4 for me :p

I think it'd me more ok with it if it they were like special rewards to people that have bought RP in the past, like a "thank you for supporting my game" thing. Instead, I feel it like a shameless attempt at sucking people dry during these few weeks. Like, "it's your only opportunity to get you one of those super duper exclusive summoner icons, so blow 80-90 bucks on skins just to get them!!!". I think that's taking advantage of people's compulsiveness and the collector's mentality.

I think Valve does the same with hats, and I hate that bloodsucking trend as a microtransaction strategy. Maybe it's the one that works, but I feel it's morally corrupt, even if the people affected say they don't mind.

Haha, I was going to comment that it's almost like a scam, they keep finding ways to suck money out of people but really it's all so willingly. It's because they've created such a great game that people love to play. When you play something that much, you're willing to spend a little hard earned money on some fluff to make the experience more enjoyable.

zkylon

zkylewd

I think it'd me more ok with it if it they were like special rewards to people that have bought RP in the past, like a "thank you for supporting my game" thing. Instead, I feel it like a shameless attempt at sucking people dry during these few weeks. Like, "it's your only opportunity to get you one of those super duper exclusive summoner icons, so blow 80-90 bucks on skins just to get them!!!". I think that's taking advantage of people's compulsiveness and the collector's mentality.

I think Valve does the same with hats, and I hate that bloodsucking trend as a microtransaction strategy. Maybe it's the one that works, but I feel it's morally corrupt, even if the people affected say they don't mind.

scy

I guess it depends: How do you feel about skins in general? Personally speaking, I want a few of the skins (plus to have RP for new Champ bundles, etc.) so I see the icons as just a nice bonus for RP I would inevitably be picking up anyway.

Basically, if you were the type to never buy RP anyway, this means nothing for you. If you do buy RP, this is just an extra incentive to buy some on top of the sales, skins, new champs, etc. at some point during the six weeks (October 1 - November 13) this is going on.

Honestly, I was expecting the icons to cost RP to unlock, not be "freebies" for getting RP.

Edit: That said, I have a feeling I'll have to fight the urge for 10,000+ RP since Vengeful Wraith looks the best :(

AcridMeat

Banned
I like the hand the most so I'm glad it's under the amount I was already going to fall under anyway.

edit: Oh damn it it's for RP you buy, not spend. Well I guess I'm getting none.

dimb

I like the hand the most so I'm glad it's under the amount I was already going to fall under anyway.

edit: Oh damn it it's for RP you buy, not spend. Well I guess I'm getting none.
C'mon guy. The mask is the best anyways. The season two reward one sucks. A bunch of people are using it now and my friend list is harder to pick apart.

Einbroch

Banned
Riot really needs to put in non-humanoid champions. They're all just so boring. New spider influenced champion? Make it a chick with huge boobs and spider-like features. So fresh!

Also :lol at temporary only ward skins. That's korean MMO level shit.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm pretty sure a vast majority of their players have, at some point, shelled out for RP.

Otherwise they wouldn't be the huge success they are today.

Dunno what LoL's conversion rate is, but TF2's is 20-30% and WoT's is 25-30%, and those are considered some of the top ones in the industry.

erragal

My only specific complaint is that I'm genuinely excited for ward skins and want them to be permanent. I actually don't have a problem with how Riot chooses to incentivize people's spending, I just love the idea of having a variety of custom ward skind to use; I play support a lot and place tons of wards so to me it's a fun way to personalize my game experience.

erragal

Riot really needs to put in non-humanoid champions. They're all just so boring. New spider influenced champion? Make it a chick with huge boobs and spider-like features. So fresh!

Also :lol at temporary only ward skins. That's korean MMO level shit.

Whoah now. Hold up the hyperbole train there... Korean mmo shit is making you spend hundreds of dollars in order to protect your gear hundreds of times fron random chances of breaking when you try to upgrade it and giving you 30 inventory slots but 90 different consumables/tokens/crafting materials to hold onto.

It's definitely a bit on the nickle and diming side of the spectrum but they aren't Nexon yet.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would say it's less Korean MMO shit and more Korean F2P game shit, like Gunbound.

zkylon

zkylewd
They're not murdering babies, that's for sure, and Riot's probably not the worst offender, but since they have absolute control over the availability of what they sell (unlike for example retail limited editions, because making more would involve a lot of new manufacture, etc.), making digital stuff limited to a timeframe is almost a scam, in that they pretty much force the more gullible (no offense meant to anyone :p) into spending NOW on something that's valuable mostly because it's a limited-offer.

I say this as mostly an outsider looking in, since I live in a third world country and exchange rate with dollars is pretty brutal (my salary, for instance, would be about 500 USD a month). I've spent a total of 10$ on RP since I've started playing and I plan on spending more, since I'm as shallow as the next guy, and I like "being special" and whatever. I think skins themselves are ripoffs, but that's for another day I guess :p

Hero

Wow, a Season Pass would be pretty ridiculous for Riot.

How much would you guys pay to get all new champions and skins released in a year? 100?

dimb

Wow, a Season Pass would be pretty ridiculous for Riot.

How much would you guys pay to get all new champions and skins released in a year? 100?
By value of what they released this year it would be way more than that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
and chaox discovers what 1200 elo is really like lol

Ken

I like Death Mask so I'll probably go for that.

Pretty greedy of them though to release those RP bonus bundles a month or whatever back and then not include those in this promotion.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol I'll add another rule to my set: "If you captain bans Trynda, dodge. If when asked he replies that Trynda's OP, double dodge!".

Of course their team went Alistar, Malphite, Jax and tank CC'ed their late game into victory.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Poor Chaox, he can barely carry these ELO hell scrubs.

no no no he is janna, he funds his purchases through the work he does. It pays well I heard, $2.95 a minute apparently

So that's how he affords all those skins!

lol I'll add another rule to my set: "If you captain bans Trynda, dodge. If when asked he replies that Trynda's OP, double dodge!".

Of course their team went Alistar, Malphite, Jax and tank CC'ed their late game into victory.

Just check your teammates profiles if you're doing ranked.

EXGN

Dat feel when you think your team is doing really good, but then you look at your AD carry and he has 45 CS at 25 minutes :(

Had a pretty solid solo queue poke comp going on in a random ranked game earlier. AP Nidalee, top lane Jayce, AD Ez, support Janna and myself as jungle Shen. We were doing relatively even, but my team's Ez wasn't very good (45 CS at 25 minutes). The enemy team was steamrolling us, but the poke enabled four of my teammates to hole up in our base pretty well and I managed to split push three or four towers down while the enemies were distracted in the other lanes.

Some poor decisions and we ended up losing it, but I was pretty impressed that a random solo queue team was able to run a poke comp almost successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom