• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
God I'll be so happy when they nerf Ezreal right into fucking ground. Every goddamn game. If he goes straight to "never pick" tier for the next year it's fine with me.

Rengar gets fed early, like 8/0. Enemy Volibear AFKs half of the time. Honestly I'm surprised he got so many creeps. I RARELY saw him, I forgot they even had a Voli.

Rengar gets so cocky because of those. Ultra loner mode push lane fail to ult away a lot of times. We already got all their inhibs but he kept throwing and throwing and throwing.

Ends up with this.

4Mtdi.jpg

I'm done with randoms until the bonus IP is over. I wish I didn't have to wait for 12mn+ for LOLGAF to go up. :(

Played a game last night, go hec jungle. Teemo goes please don't pick hec he sucks, I go 8-1 and he feeds all game despite the fact that I ganked top for him constantly. We lost but it felt good to shut his ass up

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Played a game last night, go hec jungle. Teemo goes please don't pick hec he sucks, I go 8-1 and he feeds all game despite the fact that I ganked top for him constantly. We lost but it felt good to shut his ass up
I am still on Teemo's side. Hecarim is one of my least favorite champs in the game. Maybe you woulda won with Sejuani.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
We should all change our avatars to our favorite champions for a day for no reason at all.

It's how I live my life every day.

Also, please don't nerf Ez too hard. He's fun. :(

^

Except for the part about nerfing Ezreal. I hope no one plays him after this patch, I'm so sick of seeing him in every game.

inky

Well, I bought Katarina with the IP boosts. I played my first game and went 7/8/21. We won, but I thought I did pretty meh... So, I know it varies but should I go kages -> wand -> sorc shoes -> Rabaddons -> DFG? I just feel too damn squishy.

I killed the Karthus I was playing against only once, and I tried to roam but didn't manage much. I also started building Zhonyas, but I should've went Abyssal instead I think.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well, I bought Katarina with the IP boosts. I played my first game and went 7/8/21. We won, but I thought I did pretty meh... So, I know it varies but should I go kages -> wand -> sorc shoes -> Rabaddons -> DFG? I just feel too damn squishy.

I killed the Karthus I was playing against only once, and I tried to roam but didn't manage much. I also started building Zhonyas, but I should've went Abyssal instead I think.

You should absolutely murder Karthus with Kat, he can literally do nothing to stop if you have minions around. I think you're supposed to start Sorc boots first btw and then it varies.

inky

You should absolutely murder Karthus with Kat, he can literally do nothing to stop if you have minions around. I think you're supposed to start Sorc boots first btw and then it varies.

I felt I could've got him more times early on (he was a non issue all game), but Xin started camping mid after I killed him, and I zoned him out pretty bad so that is why I started roaming. I'll try the boots first, thanks.

EXGN

Jeez, just faced an Orianna-Jarvan combo. So good, Orianna balls Jarvan, he dashes in and ults, then she ults and pulls everyone into his ring.

scy

My typical start is Boots3 -> Kage's -> Abyssal -> Haunting Guise* -> Sorc Shoes -> Deathcap or Zhonya's depending on situation and then get the other -> GA. I'll get the DFG if I need the help killing them in laning phase, otherwise I don't really feel like I need it generally speaking.

*Haunting Guise could go before the Abyssal merely due to the price. I'm still trying it out to see how much I like that much Spell Pen and I think I'm quite enjoying it. Also, I farm really well so, generally speaking, I get my Abyssal + Haunting Guise in a single back so the order isn't exactly set in stone. Basically, Abyssal is my first big goal and if I can't afford it outright, I'll do a piece of it + Sorc Shoes.

Edit: And, yeah, Karthus is destroyed by Kat. If he walls or drops Defile after killing minions, immediately QEW (or at least EW, Q after putting distance). Just dodge skittles spam really well.

I am still on Teemo's side. Hecarim is one of my least favorite champs in the game. Maybe you woulda won with Sejuani.

I dont understand this, he has amazing mobility, one of the best initiations in the game and late game hes a beast. Is he the best champ in the game? No, but hes certainly not the worst and hes fun to play.

inky

My typical start is Boots3 -> Kage's -> Abyssal -> Haunting Guise* -> Sorc Shoes -> Deathcap or Zhonya's depending on situation and then get the other -> GA. I'll get the DFG if I need the help killing them in laning phase, otherwise I don't really feel like I need it generally speaking.

*Haunting Guise could go before the Abyssal merely due to the price. I'm still trying it out to see how much I like that much Spell Pen and I think I'm quite enjoying it. Also, I farm really well so, generally speaking, I get my Abyssal + Haunting Guise in a single back so the order isn't exactly set in stone. Basically, Abyssal is my first big goal and if I can't afford it outright, I'll do a piece of it + Sorc Shoes.

Edit: And, yeah, Karthus is destroyed by Kat. If he walls or drops Defile after killing minions, immediately QEW (or at least EW, Q after putting distance). Just dodge skittles spam really well.

TY, will give this a try too. She's pretty fun and easy to farm with as well. I'm used to playing Morgana/Veigar/Lux mid so she is a nice change of pace.

dimb

I dont understand this, he has amazing mobility, one of the best initiations in the game and late game hes a beast. Is he the best champ in the game? No, but hes certainly not the worst and hes fun to play.
I just don't like him. I think his passive sucks, he's really boring/simple, has incredibly poor scaling, and is much less capable on the defensive. So you wind up with a champion who can't really provide protection that has to be on the offensive all the time, and frankly it's just very easy to ignore him in team fights. Anyone with half a brain will just target your carries first and be done with it, and what can Hecarim do to stop them? Nothing but spam Q and hope he gets a kill before everything goes downhill. Very restrictive on builds too, because if you aren't building damage then you aren't becoming a threat people need to target. If you are building damage you can't tank said damage.

Can he snowball? Sure, but so can every other champion. Oh, and not even close to one of the best initiation ults because he does nothing with it, and it requires a very specific formation on the enemy team's part. Having Malphite barrel into your team is much scarier because he will seek out your carry and make them useless. Having Skarner pick out your carries or pull your team apart is considerably more devastating. What is it about Hecarim's ult that is significantly better than say Nautilus, Amumu, Sejuani, or Jarvan? And then there are not ult initations that surpass Hecarim like Alistar, Shen, or Maokai.

I just don't like him. I think his passive sucks, he's really boring/simple, has incredibly poor scaling, and is much less capable on the defensive. So you wind up with a champion who can't really provide protection that has to be on the offensive all the time, and frankly it's just very easy to ignore him in team fights. Anyone with half a brain will just target your carries first and be done with it, and what can Hecarim do to stop them? Nothing but spam Q and hope he gets a kill before everything goes downhill. Very restrictive on builds too, because if you aren't building damage then you aren't becoming a threat people need to target. If you are building damage you can't tank said damage.

Can he snowball? Sure, but so can every other champion. Oh, and not even close to one of the best initiation ults because he does nothing with it, and it requires a very specific formation on the enemy team's part. Having Malphite barrel into your team is much scarier because he will seek out your carry and make them useless. Having Skarner pick out your carries or pull your team apart is considerably more devastating. What is it about Hecarim's ult that is significantly better than say Nautilus, Amumu, Sejuani, or Jarvan? And then there are not ult initations that surpass Hecarim like Alistar, Shen, or Maokai.

His passive is alright, ignoring unit collision is underrated. Once you get Phage you basically have permanent slow so there's one way to protect the carry, as far as damage goes all you really need is trinforce and you can build defensive after that. Is his ult as good as amumu's? No but hec is a bruiser not a full on tank so it wouldnt make sense for him to have an ult as strong as mumu plus dmg. Jarv ult has potential to fuck your own team over hardcore so at least hec can only mildly annoy his own team. The only thing I would say that sucks about him is the fact that you're reliant on your team for damage because of his w so you can't carry as hard as other champs.

Edit: plus he's a fucking ghost centaur, I'm not NOT gonna use a ghost centaur

Blizzard

Banned
Like a fool I bought Eve just before the announced the nerfs. I didn't have any idea what her kit was like when I bought, but just played her and holy shit... how did anyone ever think that an ult that does % damage to every champ in range would ever be balanced?

I'm going to have to play her a lot til that patch hits I guess. DFG is pretty toxic too balance-wise, but without it some mids are too weak early game. The nerf to that will make it useless, should have just removed it from the game.
The last time I needed to earn IP I spammed her in quick dominion games. You should get #3 at lowest every single game, ideally #1, even though you may still lose half your games and have terrible teammates.

Build right and you can carry with Hecarim. He is a late game beast and an excellent assassin. Every ultimate requires specific positioning to make use of so that complain doesn't make any sense to me.

With W you have 30% spellvamp and lifesteal so you don't even need to build tanky since your entire team is healing you. You provide protection the same way other champs do, by killing things. You also have two forms of cc for peeling if necessary. He can chase down anyone, especially if you initiate on someone with E and use his ultimate to catch them if they try to escape. I don't see how fearing enemies into your team or catching people and killing them right afterwards is "he does nothing with it".

Last time I checked, Amumu's ult doesn't send him through walls to catch that guy who tried to escape your gank or from a teamfight. A lot of your complaints could be levied towards some of the champions you listed when compared against each other.

Seems like you've only seen first week Hec's play or something.

Pancakes

Was watching Oddbro's stream. Saw him destroying as Maokai, Maokai is on sale for like 380rp I have like 600rp in my account...

Well played Oddone. Well played.

Blizzard

Banned
:(

Do I have to go back to Caitlyn and Graves as my go-to ADCs?

I suppose I can also just Jarvan my way through Dominion.
Are you seriously complaining about there being a chance of Caitlyn in more games?

Like honestly -- do you enjoy Ezreal showing up in practically every other game? He's picked 55% of the time according to one stat site I just checked, and has been in 50-60% of games for the last few months if I recall correctly.

That is ONE OUT OF OVER A HUNDRED CHAMPIONS and yet he is in literally every other game. And yet you complain because you want him to...continue showing up constantly? :/

Blizzard

Banned
I think he's fun, that's why. :(

I think Cait and Graves are fun, too, but I just love love love Ez's utility and mobility.
So do people in 55% of games, and that's the problem. Some people may find other champions fun that only get played in 5% of games, or have a 40-45% win rate instead of Ezreal's 55% win rate. What do you tell them, your champion is funner or deserves it more? :p

dimb

His passive is alright, ignoring unit collision is underrated.
Even if ignoring unit collision can be useful, it is incredibly situational for a jungler. Which is really just the problem with Hecarim in general. He requires very specific situations to work right. Is your heal circle going to work? I guess you better hope your team is in sync and the enemy doesn't just decide to CC and zone you because you're easily kited anyways. Is your ult going to land in a situation where the CC can be taken advantage of? Here is a champion designed around initiating from really long distances and then having his team right there to clean up, but his ult used to it's maximum effectiveness creates too much separation between him and his team. Again, it becomes very situational.

In many ways it feels counter-intuitive. He's an AOE damage champion who has an ultimate that is supposed to scatter the enemy. And what is the concern for the enemy team post ultimate? He brings no debuffs or utility, he has no control (although you are free to continue running around praying for Phage procs). His job is kind of just to get in the way, and that isn't enough.
Last time I checked, Amumu's ult doesn't send him through walls to catch that guy who tried to escape your gank or from a teamfight.
You're right. Amumu can do it with a standard ability.
Build right and you can carry with Hecarim. He is a late game beast and an excellent assassin. Every ultimate requires specific positioning to make use of so that complain doesn't make any sense to me.
I don't really know what to say. Assassins make poor junglers right now for the most part, but Hecarim isn't one of them anyways because his strength is supposed to be in his survivability, and people build him relatively tanky. Even then I can't even imagine where this damage is coming from where you think he assassinates targets. His only burst damage is his ult.

I just don't see what Hecarim is supposed to bring. Is it damage? Other champions do that better while also being more tanky. Is it tankiness? Tanky champions are only as good as the CC they bring to interrupt once they are in fights, and Hecarim doesn't have that. Even if you want to be fast and get in the way why wouldn't you play Shyvana or something instead? Her clears are much faster at least.

Ken

Corgi the Chloe (9:08): we should do a ms paint contest of draw your league champion
Corgi the Chloe (9:08): and the grand prize is
Corgi the Chloe (9:08): nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom