• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

LogicStep

When you're deep in debt from buying all the skins, you'll look back on this moment with a sad smile.

I don't care, it was worth it! ;D

If you guys want to play, add me! LogicStep

I'm only level 10 but I'm learning!

So far I'm loving Kayle and Garen!

battleborn_kayle_by_human446-d3hix2s.jpg

Agkel

How does the LCS work? The teams get paid by Riot in addition to the price they win? Then teams get a chance to get demoted/promoted in the summer and there's a second championship in the fall?

bjaelke

How does the LCS work? The teams get paid by Riot in addition to the price they win? Then teams get a chance to get demoted/promoted in the summer and there's a second championship in the fall?
The championship is split in two parts. We're in the middle now with the playoffs (and all-stars). The teams are paid as long as they stay in the LCS. I'm not quite sure how it works during the playoff weeks, but I assume the teams in danger of relegation (Dignitas, CLG etc) get paid as if they were still part of the championship.

The teams were also awarded with some prize money for their participating in the LCS spring split.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I don't care, it was worth it! ;D

If you guys want to play, add me! LogicStep

I'm only level 10 but I'm learning!

So far I'm loving Kayle and Garen!

You should join the Lolgaf chat channel, the instruction is in the op. Most likely you need to be at least level 30 to play with gaffer, since I don't think there are anyone that's not 30 yet.

Agkel

The championship is split in two parts. We're in the middle now with the playoffs (and all-stars). The teams are paid as long as they stay in the LCS. I'm not quite sure how it works during the playoff weeks, but I assume the teams in danger of relegation (Dignitas, CLG etc) get paid as if they were still part of the championship.

The teams were also awarded with some prize money for their participating in the LCS spring split.

ahhh, now the constant remarks of the commentators about the teams keeping their jobs make sense. thx!

zkylon

zkylewd
zkylon, zooey with no hair frightens me

please, every zooey is good zooey, fringe or no fringe

but yeah you might've found like the only non embarassingly cute picture of her. if it weren't for dem eyes she doesn't really look like herself

I had a fringe for most of my life. I told my barber to shave it off a couple of years back and I stood in front of the mirror dumbfounded on how different I looked.

Thought I had an unnaturally large forehead too but it was just all in my head.
eh, I don't like fringes on men. don't even really like them on most women, I like a good forehead.

and it doesn't have anything to do with me not being able to pull it off :p

And I also hate how people can't admit to their mistakes in solo queue. I mean, how hard is it to say and accept the fact that diving or engaging was a bad idea.

Stubbornness takes over way too many people.
WORTH

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So I was playing tank this morning, Diana mid with lux support. Lux start with ignite, zero wards, mobility boot and mejas. Spend the whole game taking my cs, stealing kills.

The game ended with lux having double of my ap(600+) and carried every lane to victory by roaming. Different elo different strategy to climb up I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
most silver players won't react to a 2v1 mid lane I imagine and the roaming potential is insane, specially if you get like a tf or something.

I kinda wanted to try a no-adc jayce lulu mid comp (and get a good 2v1 dude bot) and see how far you can take your early game advantage.

Fioras with full AD pages starting with Long Sword or Doran is really irritating. If she hits Lv2 she'll chunk more than half your life.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I like that pro players are picking Kennen. I wish they were good with him though. Maxing Q over W...really?

dimb

Why not? It's clearly working for him.
This is a terrible reason. They were obviously much more skilled, but he actually missed out on 1v1 kills with a massive gold advantage because of how he leveled up skills. Maxing Electrical Surge means that the enemy can't use creep waves to block most of your damage, and the output is much more consistent and regular when the cooldown on it is lowered by more than half.

dimb

He would never have gotten Rumble that low had it not been for his Q.
You can still harass on Kennen with Electrical Surge. Mark with Q or auto and then W. The auto damage is way higher too. It is arguably stronger for harass.

JesseZao

most silver players won't react to a 2v1 mid lane I imagine and the roaming potential is insane, specially if you get like a tf or something.

I kinda wanted to try a no-adc jayce lulu mid comp (and get a good 2v1 dude bot) and see how far you can take your early game advantage.

I'd run Malz bot for that. Could build AP std or AD depending on team comp.

I like that pro players are picking Kennen. I wish they were good with him though. Maxing Q over W...really?

With all of this critical insight, one would think you'd be Gold+.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah, done with League for a while I think. Get reported because you take someone's lane even though you're first pick, get blamed for dominating your lane, warding, and roaming to get mid kills, but because you didn't carry "hard enough", you suck. Nevermind the 0/9 bottom. At least not playing ranked.

Silver is absolute hell. :(

dimb

With all of this critical insight, one would think you'd be Gold+.
Uh, okay? So far Ranked has had no road blocks for me. If I put in games I move up. Maybe that will stop before Gold maybe it won't. It's just a rank and I'm not super stressed about it either way. Preeeeeeeeeeetty sure you're Silver too.

Yeah, done with League for a while I think. Get reported because you take someone's lane even though you're first pick, get blamed for dominating your lane, warding, and roaming to get mid kills, but because you didn't carry "hard enough", you suck. Nevermind the 0/9 bottom. At least not playing ranked.

Yeah, you're bound to get trolls/feeders/etc every once and a while. And don't worry about being reported for stupid stuff like that, It won't get you banned. If you encounter those kind of people again next time just mute them so you don't have to deal with them.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah, you're bound to get trolls/feeders/etc every once and a while. And don't worry about being reported for stupid stuff like that, It won't get you banned. If you encounter those kind of people again next time just mute them so you don't have to deal with them.

Oh, yeah, I'm not concerned, just think I need a break.

Still haven't beaten Fire Emblem!

My brother hit Platinum yesterday, he's pretty stoked. But now he's playing champions he doesn't normally play and his teams hate him.

zkylon

zkylewd

learning to mute is key to survive ranked. personally I can't just mute someone, not take it personally and convince myself they don't exist, so I don't really play solo queue anymore, but if you care about ranked you should try just muting people.

Einbroch

Banned
learning to mute is key to survive ranked. personally I can't just mute someone, not take it personally and convince myself they don't exist, so I don't really play solo queue anymore, but if you care about ranked you should try just muting people.

There's always things I can improve on. I push way too hard when I'm winning a lane and always get caught out. I go too aggressive and don't fall back. I don't always grab creep when I'm passing through the jungle on the way back to lane. Stuff like that.

But I don't appreciate getting blamed when I'm not the reason. I also don't like muting because this game requires communication. Although, with the new pings, it wouldn't be as needed.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought muting someone would also block all of their pings since that's a defense you can use if someone is ping spamming you all game.

Wow, Tryndamere's undying rage is so good. I destroyed a team of 4 champions after all my other team died in a team fight because of my undying rage. It was so lucky because all of them were at low health at the time too.

Undying rage is pretty cool, but I know on the opposite end it can really make me mad.

scy

I tried it the other day on aram against an annoying taric and it didn't work

I mute people daily and it blocks it. It doesn't stop the one they're doing when you first mute them but it should the rest. This was added many patches ago (the first of the Singed nerfs!)

Edit: I'll pay more attention the next time I have to mute someone spamming Yi taunt or something.

Kenai

I started red, got green, and then yellow. I don't know if I got reported, or just didn't get enough friendly/helpful honor after that, but I went back down to green after a few weeks. I think yellow and especially blue are the most difficult to hang on to, but it's all sort of vague to me.

About serious/angry champions, I was talking about it to a friend and they suggested that A) Lulu/Nami/Zac (maybe?) are happy. And they also suggested that there's a war on. So maybe it's appropriate for everyone to be serious and angry!

Yea, I know Yellow is more 'rare", but I just like the green color. Oh well. Maybe I'll get "demoted" back down to green too (or work my way up to blue, I'd be fine with that too).

I consider Lulu silly, but Lulu was a LONG time ago, the first champion that was released after I started playing early last year.

Nami's capable of joking around, but she's somewhat serious considering her lore (left her people behind, first to venture out on land in recorded history). I'd call her...normal serious? Comparing her to the emo-brigade does make her seem downright hilarious by comparison though, I guess.

Zac is kinda in the middle. He is basically a mutant super-powered test-tube baby who's "on the run" from Zaun, but he does crack a lot of jokes if you are playing him, and he is a big green blob.

And it is war, but it's still a game with a diverse set of characters. I don't even mind if the majority of them are Lissandra or Varus or Thresh or Darius-type personalities, but it gets boring after a while...

I guess it's ok though, as long as the characters are fun mechanically. It's just for quite a few champs the aesthetics were my gateway drug to trying them in the first place. I feel like if I'm looking for something dark n moody I'm covered til this time next year. Not so much for the oddball champs.

JesseZao

Uh, okay? So far Ranked has had no road blocks for me. If I put in games I move up. Maybe that will stop before Gold maybe it won't. It's just a rank and I'm not super stressed about it either way. Preeeeeeeeeeetty sure you're Silver too.

Indeed. I'm just not saying how bad pros are or claiming to have a more calculated grasp on the game than others. Reaching Plat would certainly validate your claims. Was just an observation.

Subtle

You know what I hate when playing mid? People who insist on ganking your lane even if you're doing great. I was 3-0 Sona versus a 1-3 Zed, but top and jungle insisted on ganking all the time. They even fed him two kills. I appreciate the ganks, but it'll bring more enemies to the lane and just make a mess of everything. /:

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I just can't deal with people in SR anymore. Too many people who are bm as soon as something goes wrong and never stop until the game is over.

Just think it as a mini game inside SR, you play as a world class psychiatrist, trying to solve different types of mental issues, explore the patient's mind, and meld them into someone that can contribute to the team.

It is a very difficult game.

Just think it as a mini game inside SR, you play as a world class psychiatrist, trying to solve different types of mental issues, explore the patient's mind, and meld them into someone that can contribute to the team.

Well done kiunch, very well done.

Inskipp

Got pentakill with Kog
in aram

Still feels good.

I'd probly be the guy who draws doodles in his notepad, while I let the patient pour his rage out.

zkylon

zkylewd
You know what I hate when playing mid? People who insist on ganking your lane even if you're doing great. I was 3-0 Sona versus a 1-3 Zed, but top and jungle insisted on ganking all the time. They even fed him two kills. I appreciate the ganks, but it'll bring more enemies to the lane and just make a mess of everything. /:
sona going 3-0 against zed, no matter how good you may be, that matchup was completely decided by how insanely atrocious that zed was (unless his jungler gave you double buffs early or something like that)

:p

Fun.

I usually have absolutely no trouble with bm players but at certain times I become very vulnerable to that kind of thing. Maybe I should avoid League during that time from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom