• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerd

YGH

Sona is OP in ARAM

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Jungling

Jungling is the most fluid role in the game. Do you camp? Kill minions? Gank? Counter-jungle? It's very complicated, but really rewarding. You suck? You will get blamed, because it's easy to blame the jungle. That said, jungle is almost never actually the one who should be blamed. It's not the jungler's fault top pushed too hard. It's not the jungler's fault Sona missed her ult. But you will get blamed. I personally love jungling, bitching and all.

Personal tips:

- Stock up on pots and wards. Ward for your laners, especially if they're bad and don't ward.
- Ward the enemy jungle (when you can and if your team won't). The best spot is the big open "field" area next to the wraiths.
- Ask your lanes if the enemy warded the river. Good players will know, bad players answer with "dunno", which kinda fucks you over.
- Look out for the enemy jungler. If he's been spotted top and you haven't seen him leave, it's a good time to sneak up on him and counter gank him. Of course, be safe and ping your ally to let them know you're coming.
- Creep every chance you can. It's easy for a jungler to roam too much and fall behind.
- Talk. Ask how the lanes are doing. If bottom's struggling, camp for a few seconds. Even if you don't actually go in to gank and the river bush is warded, just your presence for a few seconds may give your lane enough time to creep a little.
- Don't jungle without at least some runes dedicated to jungling. Jungling is the most "rune/mastery" intense role. Also, you're level 16, so jungling will be harder because of the lack of masteries. Not impossible, but it'll get easier as you level and unlock T3 runes and masteries.

Easiest jungler is Warwick, but is useless pre-6. Udyr is another safe pick.

Practice against bots just to learn the routes. Of course, bots don't help you learn how to gank too well as they're stupid and push like morons, but you'll be able to learn routes at least.

Don't give up, either. People don't like to jungle in ranked usually, so if you get good at it you'll usually get that role. Also, I'm only in silver, so if a more experienced jungler wants to correct a few things, please do. These are just things I've learned jungling.

Good luck!

Thanks for a detailed explanation. Helps alot!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
YGH

Sona is OP in ARAM

I tried to say that a week or so ago, and some people disagreed. I still think her sustain is rather OP though along with Soraka.

PS: I bought Lissandra this weekend on a whim (IP not RP). Hope it wasn't stupid. I've yet to use her.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So as of now I'm lvl 16, and I realized I don't have a single clue on how to jungle. Does anyone have any basic guides or links that will help me learn the fundamentals of jungling?

Who do you use as jungler? Some of them won't work without proper rune or mastery you only get at level 20+.

Just stick with laning till 30, that way you will have a better idea on how to assist other lanes.

Casanova

Anyone know how to setup LoL to run with directx 8 instead of Direct x 9 ??

I'm asking because this is a good method for increasing FPS with games using steam's "set launch options" command box. LoL is running at very low FPS on this old computer and I'm pretty sure this will give me another 15+ FPS.

Thanks

Who do you use as jungler? Some of them won't work without proper rune or mastery you only get at level 20+.

Just stick with laning till 30, that way you will have a better idea on how to assist other lanes.

I've been toying with Warwick and Maokai. Like what was said, Warwick was pretty easy to manage, but Maokai I have trouble with because he depletes mana rather quickly in the lower levels.

I usually play bot, so the role is still very foreign to me.

Edit: I've also had success with Evelynn, which was very fun to jungle for me.

Kenai

I tried to say that a week or so ago, and some people disagreed. I still think her sustain is rather OP though along with Soraka.

PS: I bought Lissandra this weekend on a whim (IP not RP). Hope it wasn't stupid. I've yet to use her.

She needs people who can poke with her to really rock, but whittling them down while your team stays at full health makes the other team very impatient/crazy, and the second they step outta line, you can ult and be like "nope".

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Welp. Time to start playing Morgana again.

Only been playing for a couple weeks (i'm level 12) and I just played my first Dominion matches tonight. It's so much fun! It gives me what I was looking for, which was a chance to practice a champion in a big fight without having to go through the setup and waiting of a SR game. I'm surprised more people don't play it.

Because many champs are broken in Dominion.

Kassadin and Eve are very obnoxious there.

Riot said they'll address champ balance per map though.

Only been playing for a couple weeks (i'm level 12) and I just played my first Dominion matches tonight. It's so much fun! It gives me what I was looking for, which was a chance to practice a champion in a big fight without having to go through the setup and waiting of a SR game. I'm surprised more people don't play it.
Dominion and ARAM are great for that, and I think especially great for new players because the "setup" of SR matches can be prohibitive. At the same time, without the setup, there isn't much context for anything. You just sort of charge at each other until someone wins.

Dominion and ARAM are great for that, and I think especially great for new players because the "setup" of SR matches can be prohibitive. At the same time, without the setup, there isn't much context for anything. You just sort of charge at each other until someone wins.

Right. It doesn't exactly help you use your champ effectively in SR, but it can help you get familiar with their abilities, combos, and how to take people down in huge fights. I get that it's not necessarily making me better at League of Legends overall, but it's definitely making me better with Jax.

It just lets me use champions I want to play when I want to play them. You get right into the fighting, nobody necessarily has any roles (at least not at this ELO), and you can just kinda mess around.

I kind of want to assemble a dunk squad for dominio.

Blizzard

Banned
Wonder what skin the Oceania server will get for its release.
I'm going to laugh so much if there is none.
Are there any good Australia-esque legends they could pull from? Dreamtime is the only one that comes to mind but I'm not very familiar with legends from that area of the world.

I guess they could do an outback-themed skin for someone like Safari Caitlyn.

Ferga

Put the Opera House on the back of Malphite.

Have random opera notes with every one of his skills.
B animation? 8 second long note.

Most annoying skin ever.

zkylon

zkylewd
seriously I wish they nerf yi soon

he's in like 40% of all arams

and he ruins 100% of them

edit: also it doesn't help that all yi players are idiots

Well, I just got owned after weeks without losing my lane when playing with Ahri, feels bad.

In my defence it was 3v5 since our jungler and support where afk.

Still it is depressing. Just when I was about to return to having 10 wins more than defeats. (It is a mini-goal of mine. Then +15, +20, etc).

I was so confident I was going to win that game and reach my goal, especially after winning with Fizz 2 games(16/0/10 and 5/0/2). And I was like "Let's play with my main to secure the win before going to sleep". Yep, depressing.

I knew I should have played an ARAM and leave that game to be played tomorrow...
):

PS: At least I laughed since in that game at the beginning, in champion select, Teemo was banned almost instantly, haha. Like It hadn't finished loading champion select. And it was already banned. Someone had a bad time with a Teemo... haha.

Ken

I can't find you on the Twitch app. Oh well.

I should stream my solo queue adventures but mercvipper already has the best LoLGAF stream because it takes a lott of effort.

Koomaster

Yeah it worked well.

I died a bit ... 6 deaths .... but jesus Fizz's burst on champions who don't build MR is silly.
Yeah I watched a match with Fizz the other day and he was taking out 70-90% of people's health in one shot. It was scary to watch.

Seems anyone with sustain/healing will dominate. I've gotten Alistar a few times in ARAM and he just wrecks things. Constant team heals, knock ups, knock backs, shakes off CC. So ridiculous. One match we aced the other team twice before anyone on ours died. Heals for everybody!

Boken

Banned
It's that time of the day again.

The last day of the NA SUMMER PROMOTION IS IN 3hrs and 20 minutes from this post
countdown
Today, two darlings of the NA scene - team Dignitas and CLG will have their fates decided. Nobody knows if CLG will win, but every knows there will be tears shed if they lose.

the teams:
qSfFBsy.png

day 3 games:
DIGNITAS v TEAM SUMMON and
CLG v AzureCATS
only the winners will make it back into the LCS proper.

[DAY3 preview: Everybody expects Dignitas to win against TS. They are highly favoured. The nailbiter will be CLG v AzureCats - AzureCats have a huge hype behind them, and the two teams have a history. AzureCats midlaner is the Jijimon, CLG's previous mid laner who left due to a loss of confidence in him by his team. CLG is one of League's oldest and and one of the few independent teams. A loss would be financially crippling and potentially destructive to it. AzureCats have posted positive scrim results against CLG, and are favoured by several pro gamers. This match will be the one to watch - it will be close, and it has incredible meaning]

schedule in your own timezone: http://esportcalendar.com/index.php?page=all
leaguepedia: Leaguepedia wiki

Streams:
http://www.azubu.tv/index.do
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames
http://www.youtube.com/user/LoLChampSeries

Join us in the LCS thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=57477146#post57477146
for blood, sweat and lots of tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom