• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
It's of course probably rare in solo queue ranked, but occasional moments of teamwork are really nice.

We had 4 teamwork green ribbons in the lobby, were doing ok for most of the game (top lane good, mid lane with kat vs lissandra decent, though probably largely due to a helpful j4). Bot lane adc was the only one that kept complaining about the enemy team, complaining about killsteals, etc.

We probably won some teamfights, lost some teamfights, got some objectives, etc., then we got like triple killed by later game Irelia and we nearly seemed doomed, but then I think we won the fight after that. Finally pushing up to their base I think we may have managed the full gamut -- Jarvan pull ult, Sona ult across it, MF ult across that, and me ulting with Katarina in the area. And Kha jumping around shooting waves of whatever. And then the other team immediately surrendered. It's just a really beautiful feeling when people use ults in coordination.

falastini

Played a full-ribbon team the other day. All leader and teammate ribbons. It was great.

Oh wtf.... What happened to my ribbon. I only had it for two weeks. Prob playing aram too much.

Agkel

9/10 wins in my last 10 ARAM games... loving me some ARAM!!!

So far Ive played close to 100 ARAM matches since it came out and maybe 3 SR lol
("honey just one more I promise")...

As you can imagine I'm in hot waters with my gf

edit: What are the chances they rename the new champ? its a really horrible name!!!

bjaelke

I've lost 8 of my last 10 matches after going 21-4. I thought I was good at some point, but these recent matches have made me realize how stupid that statement was.
Just got heavy into LoL, gonna start a ranked team soon. Any good podcasts or blogs I should follow?

There are two podcasts right now: State of the League (SotL) and Whose Lane is it Anyways (WLiiA). They both contain a lot of competitive "filler". The former has several pro-players on from time to time whereas the latter is mixed bag when it comes to the guests.

Agkel

image.php

Subtle

sona going 3-0 against zed, no matter how good you may be, that matchup was completely decided by how insanely atrocious that zed was (unless his jungler gave you double buffs early or something like that)

:p

Yeah that Zed was trash. He never poked me, so I didn't need to waste any mana with W and could use it all to poke him to death!

Edit: maybe his name should be Aagkel.

Boken

Banned
Just got heavy into LoL, gonna start a ranked team soon. Any good podcasts or blogs I should follow?

Surrenderat20 or Reign of gaming are good follow sites. there are also a lot of quality analysis websites too - mostly team websites, like team acers and dignitas' websites

lolreddit has a lot of content , but a lot of crap too (well it is an aggregator)

best thing to be competitive in the team environment is to watch pro games and read the analysis articles
pro game calendar: http://esportcalendar.com/index.php?page=all

Ferga

The moment you think you're the best player in your game is the moment you lost all will to improve.

- Rex, YLA (2013)

Ferga

Didn't we have a 40minute+ ARAM game a couple of days ago for naGAF?

We were losing hard but the enemy team never finished so we were just stuck in the base fighting for our lives, hoping for a comeback.

bjaelke

Didn't we have a 40minute+ ARAM game a couple of days ago for naGAF?

We were losing hard but the enemy team never finished so we were just stuck in the base fighting for our lives, hoping for a comeback.
Did you win?

I haven't had a 40 minute ARAM game since they introduced the queue. They all seem to end between the 20th and 26th minute.

ZyqFL6v.jpg

Hybrid Kog'Maw.

Boken

Banned
NA SUMMER PROMOTION day2 IS IN 2hrs and 15 minutes from this post
countdown
Today, four teams fates will be decided - two will get to move onto the summer LCS and compete for a World Championship spot, and two will leave to wander the streets.

the teams:
GWrggWe.png

day 2 will be QNTC v COL and MRN v VES

Quantic and Velocity have great buzz behind them - they've posted great results in scrims and in amateur events. They are both tipped to win their spots. But nobody has heard from Complexity or Marn since the relegation matches - chances are they trained their hearts out. Quantic and Velocity are both moderately favoured to win, but Marn and Complexity have surprised us before.

[DAY3 preview: Everybody expects Dignitas to win against TS. They are highly favoured. The nailbiter will be CLG v AzureCats - AzureCats have a huge hype behind them, and the two teams have a history. AzureCats midlaner is the Jijimon, CLG's previous mid laner who left due to a loss of confidence in him by his team. CLG is one of League's oldest and and one of the few independent teams. A loss would be financially crippling and potentially destructive to it. AzureCats have posted positive scrim results against CLG, and are favoured by several pro gamers. This match will be the one to watch - it will be close, and it has incredible meaning]

schedule in your own timezone: http://esportcalendar.com/index.php?page=all
leaguepedia: Leaguepedia wiki

Streams:
http://www.azubu.tv/index.do
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames
http://www.youtube.com/user/LoLChampSeries

Join us in the LCS thread at: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512106&page=10

garath

And out of nowhere (seriously, I've gotten like 2 honors in the last few games), I got my yellow ribbon back.

They must have relaxed the requirements a bit. I AM seeing a lot more green and yellow ribbons overall.

Truthfully, the quality of games have improved over the last 6 months. Maybe this honor system is doing something after all. It's becoming more rare to see a true troll or complete raging lunatic. There's still some shit talkers and jerks but it's pretty low key. Easy enough to ignore. Surprisingly the worst quality is typically the rare blind pick game I jump into just to squeeze one in or try a new champ. Guess that's the perfect venue to fuck around.

(now I've jinxed myself)

LogicStep

You should join the Lolgaf chat channel, the instruction is in the op. Most likely you need to be at least level 30 to play with gaffer, since I don't think there are anyone that's not 30 yet.
Ok cool.

Anyone have any suggestions of players I should look up to learn from their videos? Possibly Garen or Kayle players.

Blizzard

Banned
Well that was fast. I got 2 teamwork 1 helpful in that one ranked game last night, and today when I logged on I got the yellow ribbon back and then the blue ribbon at the same time. All ribbons collect'd, there should be a special icon or something. :p

*edit* I would think blue overrides yellow but I only show up as yellow ingame, so who knows if blue popup after yellow was a glitch.

Subtle

Well that was fast. I got 2 teamwork 1 helpful in that one ranked game last night, and today when I logged on I got the yellow ribbon back and then the blue ribbon at the same time. All ribbons collect'd, there should be a special icon or something. :p

*edit* I would think blue overrides yellow but I only show up as yellow ingame, so who knows if blue popup after yellow was a glitch.

Yellow takes priority sadly :(

Type2

And out of nowhere (seriously, I've gotten like 2 honors in the last few games), I got my yellow ribbon back.

They must have relaxed the requirements a bit. I AM seeing a lot more green and yellow ribbons overall.

Truthfully, the quality of games have improved over the last 6 months. Maybe this honor system is doing something after all. It's becoming more rare to see a true troll or complete raging lunatic. There's still some shit talkers and jerks but it's pretty low key. Easy enough to ignore. Surprisingly the worst quality is typically the rare blind pick game I jump into just to squeeze one in or try a new champ. Guess that's the perfect venue to fuck around.

(now I've jinxed myself)

I just got my blue ribbon and clawed my way back to bronze 1. Im finding out that the ribbons do help in combination with my performance in getting my team to listen to my calls.

zkylon

zkylewd
Played Fizz in a ranked game with 29/1/0 masteries against Lux mid.

F Defense. 17 kills.

fizz sounds like one of the few that could get away with it. you benefit from both ap and ad (would be dumb to go 30 offensive on lux for instance) and don't care so much about blue buff/mana either.

Macattk15

fizz sounds like one of the few that could get away with it. you benefit from both ap and ad (would be dumb to go 30 offensive on lux for instance) and don't care so much about blue buff/mana either.

Yeah it worked well.

I died a bit ... 6 deaths .... but jesus Fizz's burst on champions who don't build MR is silly.

So as of now I'm lvl 16, and I realized I don't have a single clue on how to jungle. Does anyone have any basic guides or links that will help me learn the fundamentals of jungling?

LuuKyK

After almost a week without playing, just got 73 assists with Janna in an ARAM match. Jesus she is quite helpful. I built her to sustain damage so people were going crazy to kill me and then I shielded myself and used the healing aura when at 20% health and my team killed them all. The whole match was a repeat of that a thousand times. lol It still took time because they were all tanky characters, specially Sejuani. Fun.

Kenai

I actually think I got the blue notification when I got my yellow as well, but I'm almost positive Blue would override it, so I'm guessing it was a glitch. It's actually impressive how much I still don't know about these things considering I've been trying to find out.

So as of now I'm lvl 16, and I realized I don't have a single clue on how to jungle. Does anyone have any basic guides or links that will help me learn the fundamentals of jungling?

I'm now lvl 30, and I still suck at it. I have tried jungling with Vi and Fizz... it went bad... well not that bad with Fizz but still, bad.

I have a lot to learn. Which champions are the best to learn to jungle?

Einbroch

Banned

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Jungling

Jungling is the most fluid role in the game. Do you camp? Kill minions? Gank? Counter-jungle? It's very complicated, but really rewarding. You suck? You will get blamed, because it's easy to blame the jungle. That said, jungle is almost never actually the one who should be blamed. It's not the jungler's fault top pushed too hard. It's not the jungler's fault Sona missed her ult. But you will get blamed. I personally love jungling, bitching and all.

Personal tips:

- Stock up on pots and wards. Ward for your laners, especially if they're bad and don't ward.
- Ward the enemy jungle (when you can and if your team won't). The best spot is the big open "field" area next to the wraiths.
- Ask your lanes if the enemy warded the river. Good players will know, bad players answer with "dunno", which kinda fucks you over.
- Look out for the enemy jungler. If he's been spotted top and you haven't seen him leave, it's a good time to sneak up on him and counter gank him. Of course, be safe and ping your ally to let them know you're coming.
- Creep every chance you can. It's easy for a jungler to roam too much and fall behind.
- Talk. Ask how the lanes are doing. If bottom's struggling, camp for a few seconds. Even if you don't actually go in to gank and the river bush is warded, just your presence for a few seconds may give your lane enough time to creep a little.
- Don't jungle without at least some runes dedicated to jungling. Jungling is the most "rune/mastery" intense role. Also, you're level 16, so jungling will be harder because of the lack of masteries. Not impossible, but it'll get easier as you level and unlock T3 runes and masteries.

Easiest jungler is Warwick, but is useless pre-6. Udyr is another safe pick.

Practice against bots just to learn the routes. Of course, bots don't help you learn how to gank too well as they're stupid and push like morons, but you'll be able to learn routes at least.

Don't give up, either. People don't like to jungle in ranked usually, so if you get good at it you'll usually get that role. Also, I'm only in silver, so if a more experienced jungler wants to correct a few things, please do. These are just things I've learned jungling.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom