• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

methane47

I suck with Darius..

I can get kills with him... but i just cant live long enough to contribute more than 1 kill to a team fight... I try to jump in a fight after the tank... Q then attack then W... by this time the whole other team is focusing me and I manage to get one kill before i die..

Anyone have some darius tips for me?

Subtle

krbGav7.jpg

Mantheon is sooo good. Picked him as a counter pick to Kass and just facerolled. Second time using him and first time in ranked.

EDIT: I have no clue how to build him though.

zkylon

zkylewd
oops, I dropped to silver 1 due to inactivity
outch, that's awful

http://zelphie00.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/
she has a lot of clean linework in anime style.
adding all these fuckers to the waifu gallery

Mantheon is sooo good. Picked him as a counter pick to Kass and just facerolled. Second time using him and first time in ranked.

EDIT: I have no clue how to build him though.
that's not all bad, frozen mallet is kinda useless since you won't be constantly dealing autos.

I just buy the expensivest ad item I can buy when I back. if I can buy a bf sword, I go that. if I can buy a brutalizer, I go that. if not, just a couple dorans is fine.

eventually I have BT and BC, I'll get a LW later or maybe another BT. I'll usually try to sneak a giant belt in between all that so I can bully people out of lane and just shrug their poke, and after my second offensive item I'll probably get something defensive, maybe a mercurial scimitar, maybe a randuins, maybe warmogs, it depends on the match.

I literally had the best game I've ever played. This was literally the best comeback ever, so much that I wish I was recording this match. The enemy pushed us back so far that they were about to attack our 2 turrets guarding the nexus, when out whole team just destroyed the opposing team in our base and pushed mid. We then went for Baron and got pushed back again. We then aced them and pushed mid so far back we destroyed 2 turrets their inhibitor, and then aced one more time. After the last ace we won the game. Not to mention Sejuani was gone half the game but we still came back.

jDsui2rd9Qqq4.jpg

So here's a lesson to all, never get cocky like the other team did and end up losing the game. Just because someone destroyed your base turrets doesn't call the game yet. Which is usually what I thought was the deciding point but this game was an eye opener.

Btw that Darius was hectic lol.

jacobs34

Just started playing this game yesterday. I'm trying to learn Jayce and I feel like it's trying to learn a fighting game character that has multiple fighting stances. I'm enjoying the versatility of his game but I find myself having problems when I over extend. Also, trying to learn the game with randoms is infuriating. No teamwork whatsoever.

Boken

Banned
Just started playing this game yesterday. I'm trying to learn Jayce and I feel like it's trying to learn a fighting game character that has multiple fighting stances. I'm enjoying the versatility of his game but I find myself having problems when I over extend. Also, trying to learn the game with randoms is infuriating. No teamwork whatsoever.

wards help with overextending

and yeah, randoms are a bit retarded sometimes - so its best to focus on your own play. If you get better, eventually you'll move upwards

jacobs34

wards help with overextending

and yeah, randoms are a bit retarded sometimes - so its best to focus on your own play. If you get better, eventually you'll move upwards

Yeah. I've been working in using words as much as possible. I use to play a lot of SC2 so I understand the importance of map vision. I think what I'm struggling with most is buying items during matches. I looked up some builds for Jayce online, but I never know which items to buy first.

scy

Yeah. I've been working in using words as much as possible. I use to play a lot of SC2 so I understand the importance of map vision. I think what I'm struggling with most is buying items during matches. I looked up some builds for Jayce online, but I never know which items to buy first.

Typically: Faerie Charm + Ward(s) + Healing Potions for your start -> Tear of the Goddess -> Manamune -> Brutalizer -> Last Whisper. Boots -> CDR Boots usually happens around the Manamune/Brutalizer period depending on how your gold is timing out.

Now, your major goal would be to figure out why builds work and those certain items fit. For instance, Jayce likes the Tear of the Goddess early since he can quickly stack it and the Mana/Mana Regen helps him harassment in lane with his Cannon QE combo. Manamune (into Muramana) is just both really efficient and incredibly useful for his kit overall. Brutalizer and Last Whisper just help push more of his damage through due to the Armor Penetration.

Bloodthirster is an option depending on how much gold you have due to the raw AD it provides. Basically, if you get stupid amounts of kills (and/or massive farm lead), you can always go the BT route early on and be an even larger threat.

For build order sort of things, probuilds.net helps a lot with that but I will note that it lacks explanations for things so I wouldn't blindly follow things. The most important thing to do is to learn what items do and why they're used and then you can use things like probuilds to get some guidance.

If you're used to SC/SC2, it's just the difference between seeing and copying a build order and knowing why the build order works due to timings and such.

Blizzard

Banned
I actually ran into a top lane Jayce who did not build Tear the other day. He did -very- poorly.

On an unrelated note, there should be a CDR aura item so you could build mana manipulator and that item, and become a walking blue buff.

jacobs34

Typically: Faerie Charm + Ward(s) + Healing Potions for your start -> Tear of the Goddess -> Manamune -> Brutalizer -> Last Whisper. Boots -> CDR Boots usually happens around the Manamune/Brutalizer period depending on how your gold is timing out.

Now, your major goal would be to figure out why builds work and those certain items fit. For instance, Jayce likes the Tear of the Goddess early since he can quickly stack it and the Mana/Mana Regen helps him harassment in lane with his Cannon QE combo. Manamune (into Muramana) is just both really efficient and incredibly useful for his kit overall. Brutalizer and Last Whisper just help push more of his damage through due to the Armor Penetration.

Bloodthirster is an option depending on how much gold you have due to the raw AD it provides. Basically, if you get stupid amounts of kills (and/or massive farm lead), you can always go the BT route early on and be an even larger threat.

For build order sort of things, probuilds.net helps a lot with that but I will note that it lacks explanations for things so I wouldn't blindly follow things. The most important thing to do is to learn what items do and why they're used and then you can use things like probuilds to get some guidance.

If you're used to SC/SC2, it's just the difference between seeing and copying a build order and knowing why the build order works due to timings and such.

Wow. Thank you. This advice is incredibly helpful.

Xetherion

Just won a 4v5 ARAM where our Taric dc'ed a short while into the game

gDZCCiE.jpg

Tanked and caught carries OOP like a boss with Volibear, enemy Veig was all "gg bear" when their nexus was going down. Feels good man!

Ken

so I've been playing raiderz as my alternative to lol and it's pretty fun. unfortunately not nearly as monster hunter-y I was hoping for, but still pretty decent

but really I'm embarassed to have created a female character, no matter what armor I put on it's like one constant panty shot all game.

kinda makes elise look tasteful in comparison

where's the penta

Why not just play Tera.

Blizzard

Banned
The most recent ARAMs were kind of funny. Venn diagram Gangplank ults. And, double Blitzcrank grabs which apparently makes the Blitzcranks trade positions with amusing results.

bjaelke

And, double Blitzcrank grabs which apparently makes the Blitzcranks trade positions with amusing results.

Maybe it's matter of milliseconds and timing, but the last time I saw two Blitzcranks grab each other, they both got "stunned" at their current position and didn't move - similar to grabbing an Ezreal in his Arcane Shift.

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe it's matter of milliseconds and timing, but the last time I saw two Blitzcranks grab each other, they both got "stunned" at their current position and didn't move - similar to grabbing an Ezreal in his Arcane Shift.
Someone in ARAM said it would switch positions and I'm almost certain we did it at least twice, so I don't think it's a matter of precise timing. It could probably be tested in a custom game though.

*edit* Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p022sKilNfo

Kenai

Funny story, I really liked the Tera beta but could not read the text properly on my monitor (aka my T.V.) so stopped entirely. I wonder if there's a way to fix that.

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh watching all the weird elf children in skimpy outfits weirded the shit out of me so I tried the game with my mind already made.

really I just want something like monster hunter to play on pc

I don't even like mmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom