• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARAM Ryze: "I got a crappy champ and I'm doing bad I'll just AFK."
N82tKXX.jpg

We really should have queued with 5 people instead of 4. It's a shame that we even had a really good Protect the Kog comp.

Yeah I went 32/12/15 in a game as Draven earlier. Was hammering them until Vi realised Zilean never ulted me for some reason and she ulted me and they all focused me. So annoying. Got a quadra into delayed penta and three triples.

Rolled Jayce on my smurf. Spent the whole game lining up QE's. Ended up defending our Nexus by myself and then taking out theirs. Too bad I forgot to save a replay.

Edwardo

Congrats! Started your rune collection yet?

Yep! I stopped buying champs a little while ago, so now I have 2 full rune pages. I have a 3rd page also, but it's blank. I have 15 champs, so I'll need one more before I can play ranked. I might just grab a 450 champ today so I can get a couple placement games in tonight. Then tomorrow I'll probably grab Hecarim.

Decent free week rotation coming up.

SUEwHaX.png

meh.

funny tho, i have played 100+ games with cait and i don't own her.

Yep! I stopped buying champs a little while ago, so now I have 2 full rune pages. I have a 3rd page also, but it's blank. I have 15 champs, so I'll need one more before I can play ranked. I might just grab a 450 champ today so I can get a couple placement games in tonight. Then tomorrow I'll probably grab Hecarim.

i wouldn't rush ranked if you care about your placement. digging yourself out of bronze V is a nightmare.

Type2

And I just hit 30! Holllaaaaaa

meh.

i wouldn't rush ranked if you care about your placement. digging yourself out of bronze V is a nightmare.

He is absolutely right. My placement games were some of the worst games I have ever played. Get comfortable with as many roles as you can as well as champions that you can play multiple roles with. I am comfortable going mid/top with nearly all my junglers and can do support with a few champs. As for adc I am pretty mediocre and still need practice in =[.

Dont be afraid to speak up in lobbies to try and secure the role you're most confident in either! Don't want to be stuck doing support when all your carries feed or the jungler tower dives at level 3 feeding buffs to an enemy laner.

zkylon

zkylewd
That Fiora ether from Sky is the only reason he's good. But that reason is enough.
eh he's funny, not all his videos are comedy gold but he's likable

also for reals I don't think I've ever seen a fiora win her lane or contribute in any way to a game

SUEwHaX.png
not enough fun mids. will try elise tho

also another week another terrible sale: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-skin-sale-freljordarod (tho there's hec for whoever wanted him)

Edwardo

meh.

He is absolutely right. My placement games were some of the worst games I have ever played. Get comfortable with as many roles as you can as well as champions that you can play multiple roles with. I am comfortable going mid/top with nearly all my junglers and can do support with a few champs. As for adc I am pretty mediocre and still need practice in =[.

Dont be afraid to speak up in lobbies to try and secure the role you're most confident in either! Don't want to be stuck doing support when all your carries feed or the jungler tower dives at level 3 feeding buffs to an enemy laner.

To be honest, I feel like I can hold my own in any role. Maybe it's just from playing normals. Unless I have a big itch to play a specific champ, I most likely see myself just filling what is needed when I go into ranked matches at this point anyways.

Subtle

I'm slowly crawling out of the gutter, but I'm surprised at the incompetency of some summoners. A lot of these people don't know anything about momentum, smart engaging, or objective control. I've had games where people engage in 2v5s and throw the game for us, or people who refuse to capitalize on a broken inhib and go jungle instead /: I try my best to lead people, but sometimes they just don't want to learn.

I'm slowly crawling out of the gutter, but I'm surprised at the incompetency of some summoners. A lot of these people don't know anything about momentum, smart engaging, or objective control. I've had games where people engage in 2v5s and throw the game for us, or people who refuse to capitalize on a broken inhib and go jungle instead /: I try my best to lead people, but sometimes they just don't want to learn.

welcome to solo queue.

"hey guys lets push! they have a naked inhib bot and mid is pushing with super minions"

*team proceeds to farm instead*

*an inhibitor has responded*

*aced*

-15 LP

;_;

zkylon

zkylewd

I find it terribly cute you call other players summoners

To be honest, I feel like I can hold my own in any role. Maybe it's just from playing normals. Unless I have a big itch to play a specific champ, I most likely see myself just filling what is needed when I go into ranked matches at this point anyways.

you just hit 30 and unless you are a super talent you will go down to bronze 4-5.

It's so hard to keep IP to buy a 4800IP - 6300IP champion. I think this is the 3rd time I bought a champion instead of raising up enough to buy Vladimir and Zac. Everytime I get about 3200IP I see a champion on youtube that is amazing and I must buy and end up not even playing them. I still regret spending my IP on Amumu and Heimerdeiger. I've now put myself on a goal that I shall not look at LOL on youtube until I buy Vladimir and Zac. Btw I'm only lvl 16 so I don't have many champions in the first place.

If all else fails though I may have to just buy them because $10 isn't all that much for extra in a game. Also $10 got me Gragas, Vi (she was on sale), and Ezreal which was awesome.

Edwardo

you just hit 30 and unless you are a super talent you will go down to bronze 4-5.

I got bronze 1 after my placement matches in the same situation as him. There is hope.

Bypassing bronze all together should be in your dreams though.

I'll be realistic about it, but a usually play with a friend. I'd say were about even skill-wise. He finished his placement matches and ended up in Silver V. I'm hoping to do the same, but I won't be that disappointed if I don't make it.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
I need a standard hec build! Jungle and top lane plzzzz. Seems like darius in that he can build tanky and still deal good damage. He is really really good though :)

Burt

I need a standard hec build! Jungle and top lane plzzzz. Seems like darius in that he can build tanky and still deal good damage. He is really really good though :)
Lots of different ways you can build him. Most people start Spirit of the Spectral Wraith out of the jungle because most of his skills proc it, but I actually prefer the Ancient Golem item for some immediate tankiness and dive potential. From there you should probably fill out with some combination of the Iceborn Gauntlet, Sunfire Cape, and a Spirit Visage. Warmog's is fine instead of sunfire if their ad is underfed and IBG is giving you all the armor you need. You can do well with whatever boots you want, but I'm a big fan of the mobility ones for map presence and closing ganks. E + ghost + mobo boots and your ult means that you can gank through the lane almost regardless of wards or position because no ones getting away from all that, often even without ghost. If you fill all those items out and don't have a specific defensive need, a cleaver or Youmuus are both good. I prefer the cleaver personally because Hec's Q let's you apply it over an area and it doesn't stop your AA so it's basically putting a free cleaver stack on your target. Aegis and bulwark are great items on him too.

Some people enjoy the sonic crit build on him with a couple of Phantom Dancers, a Youmuu's, and an IE, but generally you just aren't tanky enough after you get up close and I don't find his MS to damage passive is really strong enough to be worth it.

http://i.imgur.com/SUEwHaX.png[img][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/M5yF6Nr.png

Fix'd.

It's Lissandra instead of Syndra. ;)

(Which is a shame, I wanted to play with my new Fisherman Fizz, I have a bad time laning against Lissandra as Fizz...)

Just started to play this game, was wondering if there are any really good up to date ward placement guides for noobs.

Gameplay guide - Warding

A bit old, but I found it pretty useful at the beginning.

For me, once I started having some map awareness and the "sense" of where the enemy team may be when they have people missing, I started to ward better, more useful wards, as of now, when I play mid, I like to ward the curved bushes, unless they have a agressive jungler who likes to gank me from my wraiths, then I put one in the curved bush(blue buff side) and the other here(not exactly right there, since the actual map is a bit different) if in blue side.

When I play in bot and only have one ward, I like to put it close to the dragon wall, at the right side of the tri-bush, so I can see someone coming from the tri-bush or from river.

I usually pink-ward baron when I "feel" the need to ward it. (Like when the other team or us are lvl16+, since at my elo that is when we may do baron soon, usually.)

When I play mid, sometimes I ward our blue, sometimes I ward their blue (usually when I play with Lux, dat steals with my ult...)

If anyone nobody in our team is warding, I tend to pink-ward baron and dragon, ward our buffs, and where I feel it will be more useful.

Also, try to but at least one ward when you recall.
Wards win games, or I feel like it does. (At least it makes better games, less risky plays)

Thanks, I mainly play dota but friends play nothing but lol so I figure I should learn the warding spots first because I agree, they win games.
Take my advice with a grain of salt. I still new to the game myself, just hit level 30, and have just like 350 games played.

I tend to search guides about a certain topic in mobafire(sometimes they gave some tips that other sites think you already know), solomid, lolpro, lolking. With many perspectives I usually find a lot of useful stuff.

When learning about a new champion I usually read about him in league wikia. Then a bit of him in Mobafire(pretty-noob friendly, even if I don't trust them a lot...). Then solomid, lolking. And finally I search for a video in youtube to see how skilled players play with the champion in laning-phase, mid game, late game. How much punishment they take, how much they commit... etc.

Gameplay guide - Warding

A bit old, but I found it pretty useful at the beginning.

For me, once I started having some map awareness and the "sense" of where the enemy team may be when they have people missing, I started to ward better, more useful wards, as of now, when I play mid, I like to ward the curved bushes, unless they have a agressive jungler who likes to gank me from my wraiths, then I put one in the curved bush(blue buff side) and the other here if in blue side.

When I play in bot and only have one ward, I like to put it close to the dragon wall, at the righ t side of the tri-bush, so I can see someone coming from the tri-bush or from river.

I usually pink-ward baron when I "feel" the need to ward it. (Like when the other team or us are lvl16+, since at my elo that is when we may do baron soon, usually.)

When I play mid, sometimes I ward our blue, sometimes I ward their blue (usually when I play with Lux, dat steals with my ult...)

If anyone in our team is warding, I tend to pink-ward baron and dragon, ward our buffs, and where I feel it will be more useful.

Also, try to but at least one ward when you recall.
Wards win games, or I feel like it does. (At least it makes better games, less risky plays)
Thanks, I mainly play dota but friends play nothing but lol so I figure I should learn the warding spots first because I agree, they win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom