• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukuu

Banned
I'm so pissed right now.

Played twisted tree and OUR team had simultaneous a disconnect.
We had all towers, both platforms and 3 of theirs were down. When we finally reconnected they were hitting on our castle... We defended it once, but ultimately lost.
What BS is this? Eu-W only kicks ONE side and leaves the other alone? What the fuck is going on? I'm seriously considering to uninstall the game, GOD I'M SO FUCKING PISSED.

zkylon

zkylewd
37f186b071e0b6fb559f1b0793c986b3.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1fce20/request_tsm_vs_argentinian_tsm/

rofl apparently a team of argies got themselves roughly translated names of the tsm members, played them and beat them

Subtle

Question: I've been thinking about taking 20-0-10 masteries on Ashe, the final point in utility going to Biscuiteer. This would make it so I could start with a Doran's Blade and have quite a bit of lifesteal with my lifesteal quints while also having some sustain from the biscuit. I'm not sure if the trade off is worth it because the final point in Offense seems quite good. I'll test it out, but I'd like to hear some thoughts.

zkylon

zkylewd
imo sinking so deep into utility with adcs is a waste, I go 18 11 1

utility isn't bad, specially 10% more flashes but I like my two points in unyielding better, 5 more armor, 30 more hp, it just works out better for me.

also 5% more damage to half dead dudes is very nice (helps last hitting too), but it's a tradeoff I make

dunno if this is advisable for most people tho

---

I could've gotten my ex to wear this for sure

http://www.ebay.com/itm/League-of-L...745?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac4c624a1

such a wasted opportunity

Newt

Question: I've been thinking about taking 20-0-10 masteries on Ashe, the final point in utility going to Biscuiteer. This would make it so I could start with a Doran's Blade and have quite a bit of lifesteal with my lifesteal quints while also having some sustain from the biscuit. I'm not sure if the trade off is worth it because the final point in Offense seems quite good. I'll test it out, but I'd like to hear some thoughts.
21 9 0

Trust me, as Ashe you need the extra armour and damage resist. Draven and MF are ruthless in lane.

scy

Executioner isn't bad, per se, but it's not that big of a deal to lose it either. 19/11/0 or 19/0/11 aren't that rare in general. Doing that for a biscuit is rather questionable, however. You'd probably be better off with the extra points in Vampirism.

Realistically, however, it's not that big of a deal to grab. 21/0/9 or 21/9/0 get you all that you need for most those match ups. The biscuit is, for the most part, negligible.

21 9 0

Trust me, as Ashe you need the extra armour and damage resist. Draven and MF are ruthless in lane.

This shouldn't be an issue, however, since you can always just switch to a 21/9 page when you're against a more aggressive bot lane. It's not like Mastery pages are locked in stone :x

Boken

Banned
im not kidding

it basically happens because your MMR after your promotion is too high for the next division

so bam, they put you into the division appropriate for your MMR

EXGN

This team has been around for a month at least

Theyre ok.

What I dont get is why dont we have any girls in MOBA esports?

SC2 has approx 2 girls in it

I mean, I suppose 1 girl and 4 dudes in a gaming house is kinda awkward, so why arent there any real gal teams??

ps. all the ladies in team siren would kick my ass

There are at least two female pros from SEA teams. Miss Valentine from Absolute Legends Singapore and Eliade from Black Bean.

At any rate, I think it's kinda dumb to make a team consisting only of girls if that's the primary selling point. Siren feels too much like an attempt to make a media/entertainment brand instead of a competitive eSports team. Any time you introduce artifical limitations to you're team, you're going to have trouble, regardless of whether it's gender, age, nationality or anything else. Any company looking to create a truly competitive team wouldn't limit themselves to only have players that fit into specific categories.

EDIT: Also, isn't Yoonie Xpecial's ex-girlfriend? Yeah, I'm really suspicious of whether this team exists to win tournaments or win popularity and stream viewers.

Kenai

LoL makes me feel bipolar.

I don't say anything in game unless I a trying to correct a build thingy or say "Plz focus X not Y, do not build X/counterbuild Y" ect.

But irl..."Ugh, why'd you do that? HATRED/RAGE/FILTH" ect ect ect

2 Teamworks 1 Friendly 1 Helpful afterwards.

"D'aww you weren't really all that terrible n/m."

Type2

Just won my promos in silver 5 and went to silver 3. Does this happen normally?

Congrats, it happened to my duo partner when he went from silver 3 to silver 5. It takes into account your win rate, streak and promotion game streak which factors into your mmr.
I imagine you were first pick pretty often ?

Edwardo

im not kidding

it basically happens because your MMR after your promotion is too high for the next division

so bam, they put you into the division appropriate for your MMR

Congrats, it happened to my duo partner when he went from silver 3 to silver 5. It takes into account your win rate, streak and promotion game streak which factors into your mmr.
I imagine you were first pick pretty often ?

Thanks! That makes sense. I think I've been first pick about 70% of the ranked games I've played. I'm 14-5 in ranked now.

Type2

Thanks! That makes sense. I think I've been first pick about 70% of the ranked games I've played. I'm 14-5 in ranked now.

Whats your summoner name, could use some more people to play with. (IM NA)

I recently lost some of my ranked steam after exiting bronze into silver. I've been focusing on learning all the roles and tuning the mechanics of the my favorite champs.

Boken

Banned
Ogn is on!

Blaze v frost, two of the best Korean teams, and a match up worthy of the finals.

Many of you saw shy dominate the world at all stars, but people are considering that flame is even better.

Come for a good match

As one redditor puts it
If we're going down the line-ups, I'd say that Frost have the edge in the bot lane over Blaze's inconsistent first blood duo, and Ambition has the edge - not a gigantic one - over Rapidstar in the mid. Then, when it comes to the jungle, I would say Templar and Helios are a flip, and it depends if Helios can land Lee Sin continuously.

Of course, the highlighted match-up is Flame vs. Shy. Shy, who destroyed the All-Star Game, and who looked like the best top laner in the world, now has to face Flame, the best player of the Champions season so far, and a player that is said to absolutely slaughter Shy in practice. Both players have similar core champion pools, but both have the ability to reach into a bag and throw out an Akali or something else.

I can't see Frost giving Flame a one-on-one situation, so it really might come down to which bot lane can keep the opponent's top laner in check. Flame has consistently ended 100+ CS over his top lane opponent for the entire season, and he is still able to be a big help in fights, a lot of the times being the instigator.

This should be a match that no one wants to miss. These two teams, with how scary Korea was at the ASG, could be called the two best currently in the world. Frost has never missed an OGN finals, but Blaze is on a ten game win streak and look like they have two of the best players in the world with Flame and Ambition.

Blaze and Frost is the biggest rivalry in Korea, and it might be the best rivalry in League history. From MiG, to Azubu and now CJ, Blaze and Frost have always continued to stay side by side, and they continue to play each other in the strongest league in LoL. Always having close matches and having some of the best players in the world on both teams, why would anyone want to miss this?

Also, expect the crowd to be packed to the rafters. Frost and Blaze are the two most popular teams in Korea, and I would not be shocked if a fight breaks out between the Madlife and Flame fangirls.

garath

Ogn is on!

Blaze v frost, two of the best Korean teams, and a match up worthy of the finals.

Many of you saw shy dominate the world at all stars, but people are considering that flame is even better.

Come for a good match

As one redditor puts it

Then it turns into a stomp :(

I've lost 15games and won 3 in my last 18 games.

Gold elo, here I come. I've missed you.

I hope it doesn't sadden you, but your failures make me feel a little better about my own. That kind of streak makes it so hard to stay motivated. Helps to know it happens to others that are better than me. I've only played a handful of ranked games since I had a losing streak like that.

Sheik

So disappointed in the Blaze vs Frost games. Such one-sided stomps. I never stay up to watch OGN because it's just too late/early in the morning, but I didn't want to miss an epic Bo5. Blaze too stronk.

Flame is pretty.

Tomas

Banned
Guys is there any information about upcoming changes for ranked matchmaking to take roles into account, similar to Dawngate. In Dawngate, you can specify which roles you prefer playing, it doesn't lock you into that role. This just helps system to connect players who play different roles.

I got into Diamond IV playing only support/jungle(when not supporting) and I really can't lane as ADC, Mid or Top. For me, ranked is ruined as I am master of a single role. Every 3rd or 4th game I don't get support role and I get behind or even feed lane.

Boken

Banned
Guys is there any information about upcoming changes for ranked matchmaking to take roles into account, similar to Dawngate. In Dawngate, you can specify which roles you prefer playing, it doesn't lock you into that role. This just helps system to connect players who play different roles.

I got into Diamond IV playing only support/jungle(when not supporting) and I really can't lane as ADC, Mid or Top. For me, ranked is ruined as I am master of a single role. Every 3rd or 4th game I don't get support role and I get behind or even feed lane.

no because since it doesnt/cant lock you into a "role", you can just queue as the most unpopular role and just play mid

---
ranked is just a game of consistency though, so sure, you might lose the games where you have to adc/mid/top, but whenever you get supp/jungle, (which is often) you will do your best. It sounds like youre too focused on winning all the time. Treat the off position games as a learning experience.

if you really just want to do the same role all the time, you should find a ranked team to play with. Otherwise, whats the point of constantly doing one thing just so you can get a high number in the game?

Ocho

Last night I went from 0-2 to 3-2 in my promotion series. Never give up hope guys, it's always possible. That last game was the most tense game I've ever played, we were losing preeeetty badly.

Edwardo

Whats your summoner name, could use some more people to play with. (IM NA)

I recently lost some of my ranked steam after exiting bronze into silver. I've been focusing on learning all the roles and tuning the mechanics of the my favorite champs.

I'm on NA too. My name's mmmCHOWDAH.

The TPA commemorative skin sale has been extended! Players around the world requested an extension, so we're keeping the TPA skins and bundle available in the store for a little longer. TPA Shen, TPA Orianna, TPA Ezreal, TPA Nunu, TPA Mundo and the 25% off TPA Team Bundle will remain in the store until 11:59 PM PST on June 4.

After June 4, these five skins and their bundle will be retired to the legacy vault.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/tpa-skins-and-bundle-sale-extended

TPA skin and bundle sale extended til June 4th. Orianna is due for a sale soon. Maybe she'll be on next weeks sale and I'll snag her and the TPA skin before they're retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom