• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cystm

I can't stop playing ARAM. It fits in my time table for games so well right now.

It circumvents lane phase and gets right into team fighting. My only problem with it is there seems to always be the same champions in rematch.

22 minute matches. Sooooo good.

Also, this is late as fuck, but that OP is fantastic. So great looking, while be informative with out too much bloat.

scy

I usually prioritize items for attack speed, and I try to get phantom dancer before anything else. I'm fine with this being a wrong move, since I have already had someone tell me it is, but it would suck to change it because it is a blessing for clearing out creeps.

That's probably the worst starting item you can do. You shouldn't need attack speed for farming since you're not attacking constantly anyway.

garath

QUESTION:

So I was jungling in soloQ. Top was getting pushed the most so I spent alot of time up there ganking. Mid was a stalemate between their veigar and our lux so I ganked when I could. Our botlane had them pushed to the tower most of the laning phase. The problem is that they would get a kill and push hard to the tower and stay on it. Then the enemy would respawn and they would die running back to our tower. Saying things like "WTF our jungle never ganks!" I try to explain that I cant gank and help them fight when they are pushed to the enemy tower and Janna responds with "Well their Fiddle can gank why cant you...." It's like seriously? Why wouldnt he gank them if they were pushing the tower like they were. Am I supposed to just sit bottom and wait for a counterpush? That's half a joke because I really want to know what to do in that situation.

Third one!

I don't typically spend time ganking a lane that is pushed up like that but if they are crushing and legitimately have a problem with the enemy jungler there are things you can do. They probably don't have any river wards if they are farming under tower so you should have a clear counter gank if you stay bot side. Ward the enemy jungle deep so you can see him coming and wait for the gank. Getting a triple is definitely worth waiting around for a bit. If nothing else just farm that side of the jungle so you are within closing distance.

Ashhong

Hey guys is there any reason my laptop with Intel 4000HD graphics and 2.8ghz i7-2460m processor runs league like shit? Everything on low and I get like 30 fps or lower and it just feels so slow. The game also crashes almost every game. I know integrated graphics is bad but it shouldn't be this bad.

I have an ASUS U47A, I'm thinking maybe my laptop isn't running full power or something?

Edwardo

Hey guys is there any reason my laptop with Intel 4000HD graphics and 2.8ghz i7-2460m processor runs league like shit? Everything on low and I get like 30 fps or lower and it just feels so slow. The game also crashes almost every game. I know integrated graphics is bad but it shouldn't be this bad.

I have an ASUS U47A, I'm thinking maybe my laptop isn't running full power or something?

Make sure it's plugged in. And if the battery has any settings for high performance, turn them on. Make a custom game and mess around with the video settings too. Could be somehting there there that's set too high or something.

Ashhong

Integrated graphics.

Beer.

Game should run decent at the lowest settings though. I know people with a Macbooks with integrated that say it runs at 60fps.

Make sure it's plugged in. And if the battery has any settings for high performance, turn them on. Make a custom game and mess around with the video settings too. Could be somehting there there that's set too high or something.

Yea I did most of that..looking for some kind CPU performance setting. I don't get it. I mainly don't get why it crashes so much.

Edwardo

Game should run decent at the lowest settings though. I know people with a Macbooks with integrated that say it runs at 60fps.

Yea I did most of that..looking for some kind CPU performance setting. I don't get it. I mainly don't get why it crashes so much.

Maybe try reinstalling the game. Make a post on the Help & Support section of the LoL forums too. Someone there might know.

Is your laptop using high performance as it power plan?
It's a big deal for me, my laptop has an i3 (old). Luckily it came with Mobility Radeon HD 4550 as it graphic card. So it runs at 50 fps with the highest settings.

But for that I had to change my power plan, from the standar one, to the high performance one.

Hope that helps. Also I have 11 programs installed, so that may help too. What SO do you have? I have W8 and the new Task Mananger helps a lot in getting the best performance .

Ashhong

I run at ~40 FPS with all low settings native res on an 1920x1080 external monitor on my macbook pro.

13" MBP with 4000m? I have a 2009 13" that I play on also and it runs about 30-40fps on all low on the native monitor. Still better than this ASUS tho.

Is your laptop using high performance as it power plan?
It's a big deal for me, my laptop has an i3 (old). Luckily it came with Mobility Radeon HD 4550 as it graphic card. So it runs at 50 fps with the highest settings.

But for that I had to change my power plan, from the standar one, to the high performance one.

Hope that helps. Also I have 11 programs installed, so that may help too. What SO do you have? I have W8 and the new Task Mananger helps a lot in getting the best performance .

I went through and changed all the settings I could find. The graphics is on high performance when plugged in, and I just found a setting that controls CPU power. It was set to 60% and I changed it to 100 right now. Hopefully that fixes it.

Using W7

I just played a game with Skarner for the first time in like a year and here are some thoughts about it. I did really well, 5 kills, 1 death, 4-6 assists I forget. They surrendered early.

* he jungles fast and has good life while jungling
* Q does nice damage, more than i remember
* his ult is a gamechanger and i got our team like 4-6 kills with the ult (couple of them from me)
* he seems quite tanky and i didn't even have tank items, it was strange. Like attacks that you'd think would damage you more barely dented him. It was like it was late game already but it was only 10-15 minutes in. Who knows what I'm talking about? Not just because of his W shield either. I'd get hit without it up and still he barely got hurt. Here were my items:

cloth armor
sheen
plain boots
spirit of ancient golem
rageblade (i just picked a random weapon)

Even before getting the spirit of ancient golem's 500 health he seemed this way.

Runes were:

24 magic resist per level
25% attack speed
13 armor

He rarely gets picked in Bronze. Is he as strong as I think he is or is it just because of bronze?

It was set to 60% and I changed it to 100 right now. Hopefully that fixes it.

Using W7

I had the same problems, although mine was set to 15% for some reason, so the change was very noticeable. If you still have issues you can always send a ticket to support, they helped me out when I had an issue with W8 (which got solved with creating another user account, something about the .dll files being corrupted...)

Somebody here uses LOLReplay?, yesterday a friend of mine send me the file of a match where I stole Baron with my E(as Lux), forced a teamfight, ACE, won. And wanted to see that part again. But I didn't have LOLReplay installed because I have heard it may cause the game to crash. So I asked him if he could send me the LOLReplay file, then I installed LOLReplay, and it loaded and everything, but everytime I wanted to skip to that part, or fast forward the replay, it crashes. Do I really have to see all the match, or is there any fix for it?

I ask this here because the LOLReplay forums are death, lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
your nuts

Y u guys gotta hurt me liek dis?

Some day I will share my super secret Fiora remake.
post it now

QUESTION:

So I was jungling in soloQ. Top was getting pushed the most so I spent alot of time up there ganking. Mid was a stalemate between their veigar and our lux so I ganked when I could. Our botlane had them pushed to the tower most of the laning phase. The problem is that they would get a kill and push hard to the tower and stay on it. Then the enemy would respawn and they would die running back to our tower. Saying things like "WTF our jungle never ganks!" I try to explain that I cant gank and help them fight when they are pushed to the enemy tower and Janna responds with "Well their Fiddle can gank why cant you...." It's like seriously? Why wouldnt he gank them if they were pushing the tower like they were. Am I supposed to just sit bottom and wait for a counterpush? That's half a joke because I really want to know what to do in that situation.

Third one!
well if you feel a gank coming you can go there to countergank or if your teammates drove the other dudes out of lane you can help take the tower

but yeah if they're pushing without good enough warding and they get ganked it's their own fault

Do you guys have any tips for being more useful as Caitlyn? That's a pretty broad question, but just tactics for being more useful during the team fighting phase.
don't use any spells during teamfights, just make the most use of your range, go siege towers, drive people out of lane, etc.

and yeah build would be: ie, pd, lw, bt/bjork

Somebody here uses LOLReplay?, yesterday a friend of mine send me the file of a match where I stole Baron with my E(as Lux), forced a teamfight, ACE, won. And wanted to see that part again. But I didn't have LOLReplay installed because I have heard it may cause the game to crash. So I asked him if he could send me the LOLReplay file, then I installed LOLReplay, and it loaded and everything, but everytime I wanted to skip to that part, or fast forward the replay, it crashes. Do I really have to see all the match, or is there any fix for it?

put the file under your replays folder (in my case C:\Users\Tom\Documents\LOLReplay\replays) try right clicking -> repair file. but sometimes replays just doesn't work, the program is pretty abandoned.

and it doesn't crash lol launcher anymore, he fixed it on the latest patch, so don't worry about it.

Ashhong

I had the same problems, although mine was set to 15% for some reason, so the change was very noticeable. If you still have issues you can always send a ticket to support, they helped me out when I had an issue with W8 (which got solved with creating another user account, something about the .dll files being corrupted...)

A ticket to support at Riot or your comp manufacturer?

zkylon

zkylewd
I just played a game with Skarner for the first time in like a year and here are some thoughts about it. I did really well, 5 kills, 1 death, 4-6 assists I forget. They surrendered early.

* he jungles fast and has good life while jungling
* Q does nice damage, more than i remember
* his ult is a gamechanger and i got our team like 4-6 kills with the ult (couple of them from me)
* he seems quite tanky and i didn't even have tank items, it was strange. Like attacks that you'd think would damage you more barely dented him. It was like it was late game already but it was only 10-15 minutes in. Who knows what I'm talking about? Not just because of his W shield either. I'd get hit without it up and still he barely got hurt. Here were my items:

cloth armor
sheen
plain boots
spirit of ancient golem
rageblade (i just picked a random weapon)

Even before getting the spirit of ancient golem's 500 health he seemed this way.

Runes were:

24 magic resist per level
25% attack speed
13 armor

He rarely gets picked in Bronze. Is he as strong as I think he is or is it just because of bronze?
ever since they nerfed his ult you never see him again but he's pretty strong. I wish they reverted that change...

put the file under your replays folder (in my case C:\Users\Tom\Documents\LOLReplay\replays) try right clicking -> repair file. but sometimes replays just doesn't work, the program is pretty abandoned.

and it doesn't crash lol launcher anymore, he fixed it on the latest patch, so don't worry about it.

I will give it a try. Thanks.

A ticket to support at Riot or your comp manufacturer?

Riot.

zkylon

zkylewd
WD5J3.jpg

now this looks like akali

975rp pls

Xisiqomelir

My farming is getting a lot better.

I usually prioritize items for attack speed, and I try to get phantom dancer before anything else. I'm fine with this being a wrong move, since I have already had someone tell me it is, but it would suck to change it because it is a blessing for clearing out creeps.

I feel like it has more worth than my spells too. The problem is that 90% of the time, if I am caught i'm dead.

This signals that you're attacking them from full health to death. Let your own minions do 99% of the work, just walk in small circles (or just hit "s") while they do it. On Caitlyn try saving up enough money for a B.F. Sword or even Pickaxe as your 1st item.

Here is a pro ADC Bloodthirster->Randuins build: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I0RR25GTcFk#t=1281s

Don't actually build like that

Big E33

Neo Member
Fiora also needs a real passive

Also.....dat Ryze flash

it is amazing how much thought gets put in by riot to "rework" champs when if they just gave them a real passive it could fix everything

why not just throw some new passive out on PBE and see how it does? I just dont see the risk

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I have a new waifu. And she's fucking amazing.

DwyQi6P.png

Edit:

Alright time for bed.

X9675Hi.png

JaryY7F.png

xJavonta

Banned
It's a joke; there isn't an antidote item in the game.
Thanks Blizzard, always helpful!

it kinda is, but just ask

there's some nice people in here, sorta

some people say I'm nice
Lol I'll be sure to ask you zkylon, had no idea you played League though

do you need help with anything?
Not sucking

But seriously, I have no idea what I'm doing when I play. My interest in the game has come back since going to this LAN center where they were playing in-houses and having a great time. Plus I've wanted to get into a competitive game to play with my buddies, and this seems ideal since they're all so good at it an invested in it anyway.

Should I start off playing support? In games I normally like to tank stuff but if support is more inviting for newbies then I'll give it a shot

xJavonta

Banned
13" MBP with 4000m? I have a 2009 13" that I play on also and it runs about 30-40fps on all low on the native monitor. Still better than this ASUS tho.

I went through and changed all the settings I could find. The graphics is on high performance when plugged in, and I just found a setting that controls CPU power. It was set to 60% and I changed it to 100 right now. Hopefully that fixes it.

Using W7
On the MBP are you running the windows or Mac client? Because I believe Apple has custom IGP drivers that are better than the Windows drivers.

AdventChild

Neo Member

Just a tip. Dont deactivate the shadows. I did it on my computer and the performance goes from 50fps to 20fps. I put them on "low" and now again going well.

Im playing in a Pentium 4 3.4ghz with a 5 years old atihd6550.

Boken

Banned
Thanks Blizzard, always helpful!

Lol I'll be sure to ask you zkylon, had no idea you played League though

Not sucking

But seriously, I have no idea what I'm doing when I play. My interest in the game has come back since going to this LAN center where they were playing in-houses and having a great time. Plus I've wanted to get into a competitive game to play with my buddies, and this seems ideal since they're all so good at it an invested in it anyway.

Should I start off playing support? In games I normally like to tank stuff but if support is more inviting for newbies then I'll give it a shot
Support is the least inviting to be honest to you. It requires you to do a lot with very minimal resources, as the point of supports is to allow another member to have 99% of the farm.

IMO, the easiest roles to fill are bruisers and burst mages, and since you like tanks, I'd recommend trying bruisers out. They just run in, try to kill stuff and soak damage and then run away almost dead.

However, there are initiator (tank function) supports. See Leona or even thresh.

The best thing to do when starting off is focus on your farming as it is the most consistent form of income and is actually worth a lot. Around 15 minion kills is around the value of a kill on the other player.

However, if you have plenty of friends that play league decently enough, you should ask them to teach you. Its the best way to learn, at least until you can play learn by yourself.

It's a 13" with Intel 3000 384mb. I run it at 1920x1080 and get 40 or so, just running it on the laptop at all low I get about 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom