• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

So I take back saying Quinn is horrible, I played her pretty much all the times I played today and she actually is really good. Just gotta get attack speed first which is odd for an adc as I usually go BT first. But she is really fun to play and not horrible like I thought she was.

If by Attack Speed you mean Blade of the Ruined King, sure. She doesn't greatly benefit from ASPD. At least, not more than normal.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
At 93 LP and I keep gaining like 5LP per win, da fuck. Carry me Rex!

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bunch of games on latam server, it's pretty fucking delicious. like you q and then you e and then you laser and fuck man so happy

some connection issues, tho, (but that might be just beta acting up) and if the server is in chile that might be problematic. I've found matches in just a few seconds in premade 2s, 3s and 4s, so it's alright

gonna miss you guys T_T

iwvVxtebTjCCM.gif

don't forget about me T_T

edit: also yeah, quinn is for some reason super fun

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Those servers are hosted in Florida and would probably give me like 40ms ping Q___Q.

_woLf

3 of my team of 5 (including me) have disconnected, TWICE, in my current game.

NOBODY on the other team has. Good fucking game, riot.

zkylon

zkylewd
all good on the southern front

my cs is shit because I last hit too early to compensate for the now-removed ping delay

Agkel

If you guys want to keep the English voices, there is a way:
Go where you installed League of Legends, and search for the "system" folder inside "RADS", then open "locale.cfg" with Notepad, and change "es_mx" to "en_us", save the file and you're ready to go.

[–]mysticrudnin[Mystic Rudnin] (NA) 4 points 2 hours ago
This also changes the text, though. They might want voices but not text, depending.
Changing just the voices is a bit harder.

Thx, This might make me transfer my smurf if my NA ping doesn't improve when I change ISP next month. Not sure I could handle the whole "wuen wuen wuen pinche" blah blah blah talk though. It pisses me off to no end when people murder the Spanish language...

Kenai

That Karma looks a lot better than the one we got. Her body looks really weird to me in the release art.

Also, I tend to move between all 3 mouse grip types.

Also, Akali is awesome (discovered this again). I hear people say that Diana is basically a better Akali. Is there any truth to this?

From my admittedly low experience with both, I find Diana is tankier and pokes better but Alaki has better burst and (obv) no mana concerns. In a team fight I'd also say Akali is more mobile, but Diana is a bit better at sticking to you.

Q8D3vil

EUW guys should just switch EUNE and make a gaf premade team for rank.

used to be on euw and there was nothing but trouble and waiting, eune is much better.

drawkcaB

From my admittedly low experience with both, I find Diana is tankier and pokes better but Alaki has better burst and (obv) no mana concerns. In a team fight I'd also say Akali is more mobile, but Diana is a bit better at sticking to you.

With three+ on-click dashes on short (no?) cooldown I'd say Akali is better at sticking to her target. Like you mentioned, Akali has no mana and better burst, and I think the trade off for Diana is more survivability, better wave clear/farming, and better teamfighting thanks to her generous AoE and Moonfall.

I hear the supposed similarities between the two often, but personally (and in my limited experience with Akali) I don't find them very similar in terms of playstyle. Akali is a true assassin and Diana is a more of a bruiser. Akali wants to find the highest priority target, kill it, get out, and after a brief moment, repeat. Diana wants to find the highest priority target, draw a huge amount of attention, and if possible stay in the fight.

LogicStep

I tried out Fiora. She's very good and strong early and late game from my experience. But I like Akali more, her mobility is what makes me love that character.

Edwardo

I'm at 4000 ip now, if I get to 4800 by 3am then i'll buy Orianna and her TPA skin. If not, then oh well. Hopefully work wont be too busy tonight.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem with the latin american server is that everyone hates argies

so like you say like two words and they figure out where you from and they're all like "shit, argies" and you know they're already throwing some voodoo up your ass

alaki is really good you guys

drawkcaB

I would take mana concerns over energy restrictions on most champions.

Same, though I suspect that if you did a poll of the entire LoL player base it'd reveal most players think of energy/no-mana as being an advantage. I have quite a few friends who dislike champs that are even remotely mana hungry.

zkylon

zkylewd

holy fuck that's huge

wonder where he'll end up

Same, though I suspect that if you did a poll of the entire LoL player base it'd reveal most players think of energy/no-mana as being an advantage. I have quite a few friends who dislike champs that are even remotely mana hungry.
well it depends on the case, on akali is more of a restriction since her ult uses a second resource. but dudes like mordekaiser or vladimir or rumble sure make good use of not using mana. same with garen.

I like mana myself and am shit with anyone that doesn't use it

drawkcaB

well it depends on the case, on akali is more of a restriction since her ult uses a second resource. but dudes like mordekaiser or vladimir or rumble sure make good use of not using mana. same with garen.

I like mana myself and am shit with anyone that doesn't use it

I personally get caught all the time using non-mana champs, like blowing abilities and putting them on cooldown at the wrong time, because hey, it's free to use. Trying to learn Kennen and Rumble right now and I'm having trouble not spamming my abilities, particularly with Rumble where I derp around and overheat constantly. Not pressing keys - hard shit man.

Well, it's good to hear that Diana doesn't completely overshadow Akali. I do like Akali's playstyle and I would like to eventually try Diana out since she's supposed to be really good.

Too bad she's not on the free week list.

Kenai

With three+ on-click dashes on short (no?) cooldown I'd say Akali is better at sticking to her target. Like you mentioned, Akali has no mana and better burst, and I think the trade off for Diana is more survivability, better wave clear/farming, and better teamfighting thanks to her generous AoE and Moonfall.

It might be because I am used to Diana having red buff from jungling her, but I have to use my ult a lot to stick with Alaki vs just using Moonfall on Diana. I seem to get more aas off when using Diana even without red buff for some reason. But Alaki's burst is so damn high she's the one who i usually kill things with.

It took me a freaking long time to get used to both of them, Alaki just clicked with me one day in ARAM, and Diana was my first jungler who I actually liked (still dislike laning with her though).

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, it's good to hear that Diana doesn't completely overshadow Akali. I do like Akali's playstyle and I would like to eventually try Diana out since she's supposed to be really good.

diana is less of an assassin, more like a weird bruiser/mage thing. she's way more reliable than alaki and can snowball almost as well, and she's way better for that reason imo.

she also has a bit of cc, decent waveclear, an awesome shield, can jungle alright, and way better itemization.

alaki's really fun, though, and it feels really good when you pull off dem shroud jukes

garath

if you're not watching qtpie's stream right now you're MISSING OUT

I've been watching him all afternoon. Holy shit. I was cracking up at work so much. Absolutely hilarious. The first Yi game when no one knew who he was was probably the best. Second being the Teemo game where the top "Gold 2" renekton was lording it over the poor placement people.

So freakin funny. His attitude is great.

I've been watching him all afternoon. Holy shit. I was cracking up at work so much. Absolutely hilarious. The first Yi game when no one knew who he was was probably the best. Second being the Teemo game where the top "Gold 2" renekton was lording it over the poor placement people.

So freakin funny. His attitude is great.

dat singed tho

link me pls boys

he's done for now he's got scrims :( can't imagine those game won't be archived though.

Here's a link to the broadcast. Smurf games start at around 2 hours in.

drawkcaB

It might be because I am used to Diana having red buff from jungling her, but I have to use my ult a lot to stick with Alaki vs just using Moonfall on Diana. I seem to get more aas off when using Diana even without red buff for some reason. But Alaki's burst is so damn high she's the one who i usually kill things with.

It took me a freaking long time to get used to both of them, Alaki just clicked with me one day in ARAM, and Diana was my first jungler who I actually liked (still dislike laning with her though).

Given a particular situation I can see why you'd argue that Diana is "stickier" than Akali. I was just thinking a situation where, say, you run into a strong/fed Akali in lane, jungle, where-have-you, you will die, as opposed to Diana where having flash or a blink/dash ability after she lands moonfall might be enough to get you out of trouble, particularly when you misses either the opening or follow-up moonlight procs from crescent strike. In a gank though - which is where you seem to be coming from because you play Diana in the jungle - I'm definitely inclined to agree with you. Moonfall followed up with red buff procs, or even better some additional CC from your teammate(s) makes her very, very hard to get away from.

VanillaCakeIsBurning said:

Nope, doesn't really overshadow her, I think. Diana might still be considered OP. I haven't really paid much attention to the perception of her since her recent nerfs and changes. I much prefer Diana since I'm willing to trade-off lots in order to provide more presence in teamfights.

zkylon

zkylewd
laning diana is the one's that's considered op. I dunno about op, she's one of the strongest midlaners in the game imo and she can fit a good number of roles (splitpusher, assassin, "bruiser").

the nerf to her shield hasn't been too noticeable in lane, but I imagine it hurts her jungling pretty badly.

Edwardo

When do you all feel comfortable playing a certain champ in ranked. I've done well with Ahri in almost every normal match I play. I just don't know if it's time to try her in ranked yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom