• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
man just had an amazing match, we were pretty ahead of them and were playing pretty smart and just threw like 2 times, and the other team took a huge advantage and leveled it up by taking two of our inhibs. we had to play defensive for the next 15 minutes, until we started walking around as 5, trying to catch someone wandering in our jungle. they noticed it and rushed base, we all try to recall but singed comes and stops us. we blow him up in a second and it's race time. they're just wailing at the nexus when we get there and me (varus), orianna and elise all just flash ult/stun their carries and blow them up. ori's ult just dragged voli just like a meter away from the nexus so he wouldn't auto it and we get an ace. we win with our nexus at like 150hp. ggs from both teams

holy shit that was intense

Lol I'll be sure to ask you zkylon, had no idea you played League though
huh, what thread do I know you from? I'm terribad with usernames

Not sucking

But seriously, I have no idea what I'm doing when I play. My interest in the game has come back since going to this LAN center where they were playing in-houses and having a great time. Plus I've wanted to get into a competitive game to play with my buddies, and this seems ideal since they're all so good at it an invested in it anyway.

Should I start off playing support? In games I normally like to tank stuff but if support is more inviting for newbies then I'll give it a shot
support is kinda demanding and undeservedly unloved, so you might want to try tanks first.

just grab malphite or cho'gath, they're cheap, easy and super duper good. if you wanna try jungling you can buy amumu, but that's kinda hard without runes.

but yeah usually just play aggressive but not dumb, learn to last hit and farm, go for objectives (turrets/ dragon/baron) whenever there's a window for it, always remember to watch your minimap (people say it's good practice to take a peek every time you kill a minion), etc.

if you're low level just try all the free champions and look for one you like and you'll get better as you play more.

gais need new mice

Corsair M65/M95 or SteelSeries Sensei (Frost Blue)

Claw grip. Big hands. Hate big mice (Logitech G500/G9x).
the second one is prettier. I don't like robomice

I should get a new mice myself, mine just randomly stops responding :/

kSt

I have a new waifu. And she's fucking amazing.

You COMPLETELY miss the point of waifu. Waifu is not Caitlyn "oh hay enemy botlane you don't have a chance because of my insane range gg easy". Waifu is not Diana with tons of damage, defence, control and mobility. Waifu is not Elise, Akali or Blue Esreal. Waifu is a champion you like the most - regardless of how easy or hard you find to win with her.

Sivir is running out of mana while trying to harass and failing anyway and we pick her. Karma is even shittier than before the rework and we pick her.

Shyvana couldn't probably gank a bird with a broken wing but we pick her, and instalock. Lack of control, escape, damage late game, shitty passives, coordination-dependent ultimates - we pick. Nerfs, raising core item prices - we pick. We are collecting reports for trollpicks and feed; we don't know what FOTM means; we'll never leave silver; we are the true waifu lovers.

in before taking this seriously

kSt

Speaking of waifus,
ice_drake_shyvana_portrait_riotzeronis_by_zeronis-d67lbpp.jpg
http://zeronis.deviantart.com/art/Ice-Drake-Shyvana-Portrait-RiotZeronis-375549325

Boken

Banned
there are no rules in waifu club

tho the first rule is not to talk about it

gross
first implying theres at least one more

god zkylon what ar u doing

wow. hes pretty good

those 2d girls pretty hot

he has odd exaggerated pear shape obsession though

dump for u guys
if you like, http://zeronis.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0 give him so views

his first work:

Blizzard

Banned
In the land of things that probably don't work often, I decided to try Nunu mid in a normal draft last night. I thought the other team was going AP Tristana mid since they also had Ezreal, and AP Tristana is just irritating even if she loses, so I wanted to troll her by throwing ice balls and eating minions to heal myself. (Cho is probably a better way to do this but what do I know)

Turns out Tristana went bottom, Ezreal went top (and also AD?) and I was against Zed mid. However, the plan of eating minions and trolling with ice balls still basically worked and we won. I had some super pro build with the health/CDR jungle item, iceborne gauntlet, sorc shoes, and I think I was building void staff next. :p

If Zed had lifesteal early he might have done better but he tried to get magic resist instead...

Newt

In the land of things that probably don't work often, I decided to try Nunu mid in a normal draft last night. I thought the other team was going AP Tristana mid since they also had Ezreal, and AP Tristana is just irritating even if she loses, so I wanted to troll her by throwing ice balls and eating minions to heal myself. (Cho is probably a better way to do this but what do I know)

Turns out Tristana went bottom, Ezreal went top (and also AD?) and I was against Zed mid. However, the plan of eating minions and trolling with ice balls still basically worked and we won. I had some super pro build with the health/CDR jungle item, iceborne gauntlet, sorc shoes, and I think I was building void staff next. :p

If Zed had lifesteal early he might have done better but he tried to get magic resist instead...
Sounds like a mess. With 3 people AD on their team it would only have been a matter of time before you guys won anyways.

You are a terrible human being. Why would you do this to people? :(

garath

Do you claw?

Sort of. I have pretty long fingers. My palm rests on the table and my grip on the mouse is by my thumb and ring finger + pinky. There is a slight arch to my fingers. So kinda halfway between a palm and a claw grip.

I like the sensei because it's low profile and highly accurate. The click of the buttons and the scroll wheel are very satisfying and accurate as well.

I think it would work real well for a true claw grip just because of the low profile.

Ocho

Sort of. I have pretty long fingers. My palm rests on the table and my grip on the mouse is by my thumb and ring finger + pinky. There is a slight arch to my fingers. So kinda halfway between a palm and a claw grip.

I like the sensei because it's low profile and highly accurate. The click of the buttons and the scroll wheel are very satisfying and accurate as well.

I think it would work real well for a true claw grip just because of the low profile.

That's pretty much a 'true claw' grip.

Ocho

I'm a lot flatter than a "claw grip" would usually look.

This picture is actually perfect. I'm a fingertip grip. It's almost exactly how I hold the mouse.

Bluetooth-mouse-deals-palmclaw-and-fingertip-grip.png

Mind blown. I always thought my fingertip grip was claw. Nice picture.

Looks like I still won't be able to play for a few more days. Wednesday should be the day I start feeding in LoL again.

Also, I like Newt's avatar.

zkylon

zkylewd
first implying theres at least one more

god zkylon what ar u doing
second rule of waifu club is...

wow. hes pretty good

those 2d girls pretty hot

he has odd exaggerated pear shape obsession though

dump for u guys
if you like, http://zeronis.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0 give him so views

his first work:
why is karma white

also all of that guy's best work along with many more in waifu club's official waifu dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0nwqbnyqa8y80ka/U4Z2BOgtOK

In the land of things that probably don't work often, I decided to try Nunu mid
burn in hell

Stop it with the 'waifu' guys, this is not anime GAF.
i went there
nope

Edwardo

New Sale: 6/4 - 6/7

Sandstorm Katarina 487 RP
Hillbilly Gragas 260 RP
Count Vladimir 260 RP

Zed 487 RP
Irelia 440 RP
Rammus 395 RP

Was hoping for Orianna, or even Thresh's first sale. I have 1100 rp sitting here so I might buy zed and irelia. We'll see tho..

zkylon

zkylewd
eh, he needs to learn to draw faces that aren't from a template. None of them have any character.

wat

vi_official_concept_art_riotzeronis_by_zeronis-d625jv8.jpg

look at dat face

you'd kill to be that lollipop

New Sale: 6/4 - 6/7

Sandstorm Katarina 487 RP
Hillbilly Gragas 260 RP
Count Vladimir 260 RP

Zed 487 RP
Irelia 440 RP
Rammus 395 RP

Was hoping for Orianna, or even Thresh's first sale. I have 1100 rp sitting here so I might buy zed and irelia. We'll see tho..
not my favorite kat, ehh...

Guess what zkylon...

It's happening...

That explains why I suddenly had like 168 messages without read in facebook...

Edit: I transferred another account to see how much ping I have in this server. I play with 40-50 in NA...

I have 110 in this server... nope. Nothing to do there.

Lovely community. (In champion select, it took long for the match to start)
MataNobsz: se trabo jajajaja
MataNobsz: xD
Dhatri: wft
JASGu: malditos servers
JASGu: para eso me gustaban
Dhatri: que pasa hijos de ****
Dhatri: me ubiera kedado en el otro servidor
Dhatri: malditos
MataNobsz: pasaste tu cuenta main aqui?
MataNobsz: como eres animal xD

The name of the wards...

xJavonta

Banned
Support is the least inviting to be honest to you. It requires you to do a lot with very minimal resources, as the point of supports is to allow another member to have 99% of the farm.

IMO, the easiest roles to fill are bruisers and burst mages, and since you like tanks, I'd recommend trying bruisers out. They just run in, try to kill stuff and soak damage and then run away almost dead.

However, there are initiator (tank function) supports. See Leona or even thresh.

The best thing to do when starting off is focus on your farming as it is the most consistent form of income and is actually worth a lot. Around 15 minion kills is around the value of a kill on the other player.

However, if you have plenty of friends that play league decently enough, you should ask them to teach you. Its the best way to learn, at least until you can play learn by yourself.
Thanks for the info! I'll try some bruisers out and see how I fare. Also, when I first tried playing I was told to ignore the minions for the most part and go for player kills instead.

I'll try learning with my friends too, I just hate doing it since I feel like I'm dragging them down when they play with me

huh, what thread do I know you from? I'm terribad with usernames
Steam I think. I know I've seen it before and the only threads I really visit are the Steam thread and Vita thread, so it's most likely one of those right?

zkylon

zkylewd
Guess what zkylon...

It's happening...

That explains why I suddenly had like 168 messages without read in facebook...
yeah I just received my beta invite too. apparently you get 800 free rp if you transfer.

whatever riot, just give me gaucho lux pls

ibsc8v0QMHY1or.PNG

Edit: I transferred another account to see how much ping I have in this server. I play with 40-50 in NA...

I have 110 in this server... nope. Nothing to do there.
that's really weird dude, isn't the latam north server in mexico?

Steam I think. I know I've seen it before and the only threads I really visit are the Steam thread and Vita thread, so it's most likely one of those right?
steam then. you'll be hard pressed to find me around a controller with buttons

that's really weird dude, isn't the latam north server in mexico?

steam then. you'll be hard pressed to find me around a controller with buttons

The servers are for Mexico to Colombia. I live en Los Mochis, Sin. (Here)

Between my home to Los Angeles there is 1260 km.

If the server is in Mexico, D.F.
It would be 1240 km away from me. So it would be the same. But I doubt the server is there, isn't like the server is only for Mexico, so I would guess the server is somewhere in the middle, maybe 2300 km away.

Perhaps is only because the server is in beta, or whatever, I'll wait some time to test it again.
But I will play in both servers, I think. I play with 192 of ping in EUW anyways.

Also, RP prices.

96 USD for 16,500 RP.

In NA: 100 USD for 15,000 RP.

PS: Hey, see what I find there. (It changes evertything, client and in-game.)
Download - Virus test

Edwardo

New bundles are available!

Summoners,

You might've noticed that the bundles section of the store is a little sparse. We noticed too, and are offering some new thematic deals and introducing flexible cost bundles to spruce things up!

What's a flexible cost bundle and how do they work?

Instead of one flat rate for a fixed amount of content, flexible cost bundles automatically adjust their price based on the content you already own. Now you can purchase content at lower bundled prices even if you already own some of the content offered. Bundles will have a minimum cost but pricing is otherwise flexible based on what you own.

First, we're permanently removing the Gamer's Choice bundle. We're changing the Champions Bundle and the Digital Collector's Pack to new flexible cost bundles:

Champions Bundle - 3410 RP
o Sivir will replace Nunu

o Huntress Sivir will now be included

o Minimum flexible bundle price: 975 RP

Digital Collector's Pack - 2520 RP
o Nunu will replace Sivir

o The Riot Points and tier 3 runes have been removed. The total cost has been lowered to compensate

o Minimum flexible bundle price: 975 RP

We're also adding the following brand new bundles for one week, until 11:59 PM on June 10:

Commando Bundle - 50% off - 2600 1300 RP (3100 RP if you need the champions)
o Skins included:

1. Commando Lux

2. Commando Garen

3. Commando Galio

4. Commando Jarvan

5. Commando Xin Zhao

o Champions included:

1. Lux

2. Garen

3. Galio

4. Jarvan

5. Xin Zhao

Grab Bag Bundle - 30% off - 3675 2572 RP (4490 RP if you need the champions)
o Skins included:

1. Deep Terror Thresh

2. iBlitzcrank

3. AstroNautilus

o Champions included:

1. Thresh

2. Blitzcrank

3. Nautilus

Damsels Causing Distress Bundle - 25% off - 4875 3656 RP
o Champions included:

1. Lissandra

2. Syndra

3. Diana

4. Zyra

5. Ahri

All Star Bundle - 50% off - 4340 2170 RP (4467 RP with champions included)
o Skins included:

1. Resistance Caitlyn

2. Hillbilly Gragas

3. Debonair Jayce

4. Mecha Kha'Zix

5. Wicked Lulu

o Champions included:

1. Caitlyn

2. Gragas

3. Jayce

4. Kha'Zix

5. Lulu

Head to the store to pick up these new bundles now.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3513722

zkylon

zkylewd
alright moved my smurf

thoughts:
* 45 ping is as lovely as ever
* brujita lux as a skin name is hilarious
* PRIMERA SANGRE sounds like a champion got their first period
* mexican lux laugh sucks :(
* the announcer sounds like goku
* the translation is terribad

The servers are for Mexico to Colombia. I live en Los Mochis, Sin. (Here)

Between my home to Los Angeles there is 1260 km.

If the server is in Mexico, D.F.
It would be 1240 km away from me. So it would be the same. But I doubt the server is there, isn't like the server is only for Mexico, so I would guess the server is somewhere in the middle, maybe 2300 km away.

Perhaps is only because the server is in beta, or whatever, I'll wait some time to test it again.
But I will play in both servers, I think. I play with 192 of ping in EUW anyways.
damn talk about shit luck.

well buddy time to move to argentina

Also, RP prices.

96 USD for 16,500 RP.

In NA: 100 USD for 15,000 RP.
this is nice, I usually buy 650rp for a skin on sale so being able to buy 580 for cheaper suits me fine.

Download - Virus test
luv you babe :3

hmm, most these are pretty terrible.

all star bundle is really good tho

alright moved my smurf
thoughts:
* the translation is terribad

Ha!, I'm not the only one who thought the same about "Primera Sangre"(First Blood), wait until you hear "El enemigo es casi un dios"(The enemy is almost a god), lol.
The announcer is actually Mario Castañeda (yeah, he did the voice of Goku).

I can only hope the ping will get better with time. :(

zkylon

zkylewd
The announcer is actually Mario Castañeda (yeah, he did the voice of Goku).
wow, that's pretty fucking epic

if only there was a way to put goku voice in lux's body...

I can only hope the ping will get better with time. :(
hmm, sorry but I don't think so brah. like, afaik on this day and age ping is governed mostly by distance, so I don't see it getting any better :/

edit: SHUTDOWN being translated to SE ACABO is also pretty terrible. I dunno why latin american dubs are so lazily translated. like, on some cases like on the simpsons or pokemon it's actually genuinely hilarious because of it, but on some cases it just doesn't make any sense. it's not localization, they just google translated that shit

wow, that's pretty fucking epic

if only there was a way to put goku voice in lux's body...

hmm, sorry but I don't think so brah. like, afaik on this day and age ping is governed mostly by distance, so I don't see it getting any better :/

):

_
Hey, this video actually have new CGI, right?
The League arrives.

And this is actually a nice video about the competitive scene.
Compete globally.

Riot is really pushing the competitive scene, right? I mean they just opened the CB of LAN and LAS, and they have already Tournament going on for both servers.

Created an account and transferred it over...

I would not move my main even if I had 0 ping and they gave me 10k RP
God damn those translations are awful, and the VO W T F!??!!?!?

Download - Virus test

Agkel

Veggy

I just played a game with Skarner for the first time in like a year and here are some thoughts about it. I did really well, 5 kills, 1 death, 4-6 assists I forget. They surrendered early.

* he jungles fast and has good life while jungling
* Q does nice damage, more than i remember
* his ult is a gamechanger and i got our team like 4-6 kills with the ult (couple of them from me)
* he seems quite tanky and i didn't even have tank items, it was strange. Like attacks that you'd think would damage you more barely dented him. It was like it was late game already but it was only 10-15 minutes in. Who knows what I'm talking about? Not just because of his W shield either. I'd get hit without it up and still he barely got hurt. Here were my items:

He rarely gets picked in Bronze. Is he as strong as I think he is or is it just because of bronze?

He's been nerfed quite a bit since you played him a year ago, the most infuriating is his ulti nerf

Before if you hit someone with your ulti, if they flashed out of it at the same time it would still pull them back, not anymore. Also if I remember for the first 0.25 seconds of hitting them with your ulti they can still flash out of it and stuff (so if you flash in to ulti them they will be ready for it) trying to catch Ezreal in particular is hard

Also some of his core items got nerfed, not to mention a lot of other junglers are just flat out better than him. He's still viable but you have to work a lot harder, it doesn't help that his E is pretty useless

Boken

Banned
alright moved my smurf

thoughts:

LA servers are best servers : O

So after doing some netstat to try an get the IP from the LAN server.

I got two locations(like 6 IP addresses actually).

Costa Rica, San Jose, San Jose.
and
USA, Florida, Miami

Both of them are fairly away from me, lol.

And, looking to the map, is more probably it is in Costa Rica. Oh well.

zkylon

zkylewd
):

_
Hey, this video actually have new CGI, right?
The League arrives.

And this is actually a nice video about the competitive scene.
Compete globally.

Riot is really pushing the competitive scene, right? I mean they just opened the CB of LAN and LAS, and they have already Tournament going on for both servers.
I think it's all old cgi, a lot of it is from the embarassingly silly dominion video

LA servers are best servers : O
we also have the much loved humberto velez doing lee sin apparently. the guy's homero simpson vo is legendary around these parts.

but seriously lux's is very meh. the brazilian version is much better, so cheerful and peppy

So after doing some netstat to try an get the IP from the LAN server.

I got two locations(like 6 IP addresses actually).

Costa Rica, San Jose, San Jose.
and
USA, Florida, Miami

Both of them are fairly away from me, lol.

And, looking to the map, is more probably it is in Costa Rica. Oh well.
can you tell me where latam south is using that?

my brain can't handle net stuff as to try it myself

can you tell me where latam south is using that?

my brain can't handle net stuff as to try it myself

Wierd, I just got some US locations... perhaps it's my windows update, haha.

I'll try again tomorrow, I got an exam tomorrow.

Edit: I have heard it's in Ciudad Empresarial, Huechuraba, Chile. I may be wrong.

Boken

Banned

If you guys want to keep the English voices, there is a way:
Go where you installed League of Legends, and search for the "system" folder inside "RADS", then open "locale.cfg" with Notepad, and change "es_mx" to "en_us", save the file and you're ready to go.

[–]mysticrudnin[Mystic Rudnin] (NA) 4 points 2 hours ago
This also changes the text, though. They might want voices but not text, depending.
Changing just the voices is a bit harder.

That Karma looks a lot better than the one we got. Her body looks really weird to me in the release art.

Also, I tend to move between all 3 mouse grip types.

Also, Akali is awesome (discovered this again). I hear people say that Diana is basically a better Akali. Is there any truth to this?

njean777

So I take back saying Quinn is horrible, I played her pretty much all the times I played today and she actually is really good. Just gotta get attack speed first which is odd for an adc as I usually go BT first. But she is really fun to play and not horrible like I thought she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom