• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

When do you all feel comfortable playing a certain champ in ranked. I've done well with Ahri in almost every normal match I play. I just don't know if it's time to try her in ranked yet.

When you get rid of the notion that ranked means something.

Wow my team just surrendered 4 against 1 without having fought one teamfight and me being 3:0, in a ranked match, I should focus on climbing out of elo hell.

zkylon

zkylewd
When do you all feel comfortable playing a certain champ in ranked. I've done well with Ahri in almost every normal match I play. I just don't know if it's time to try her in ranked yet.
I dunno, don't give it that much thought, just go by feel. if it feels right, do it. rule of thumb for me is like play a champion like 5 or 6 times before taking her to ranked (unless I do terrible as I do with tf).

also giving a shit about ranked will do you more harm than good

just tryhard and laugh it up if shit doesn't go your way

kSt

I don't know, these shitstorms on the official forums are low quality compared to GAF, but I still enjoy watching them.

Wow my team just surrendered 4 against 1 without having fought one teamfight and me being 3:0, in a ranked match, I should focus on climbing out of elo hell.

What was your team's total score?

If people start expressing dissent as soon as someone dies that usually spreads to the whole team. Surrender being the inevitable conclusion unless you can somehow turn things around.

It was something like 8:16, however as I said we didnt have one teamfight, surrender should really only be allowed if someone was afk for a couple of minutes.

It was something like 8:16, however as I said we didnt have one teamfight, surrender should really only be allowed if someone was afk for a couple of minutes.

Yeah, like I said if one person spreads negativity usually it results in people not even wanting to try anymore.

That's why having a team with voice chat is best but as a solo player we just have to deal with it. :/

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

It's amazing how quickly lower ranked players will just give up because your team is behind. We had a game where we were 7-21 towards the 30 minute mark. We eventually came back through picks and playing for the late game, while the enemy kept trying to end it.

Never underestimate the power of the enemy team's overconfidence and their ability to throw with that confidence.

zkylon

zkylewd

people are really bad at gauging how the match's doing.

like, just broadly gauging how both teams are doing:
750g per dragon
750g per tower
1500g per baron
~20g x total minions killed
~300g x kills
~100g x assists

something like that, numbers may be a bit off. but then bounties have to be taken into account, farm, assist counts (if it's just their top lane destroying yours but all your team kills had assists), level difference, etc.

I wish I could do this math mid-game

It's amazing how quickly lower ranked players will just give up because your team is behind. We had a game where we were 7-21 towards the 30 minute mark. We eventually came back through picks and playing for the late game, while the enemy kept trying to end it.

Never underestimate the power of the enemy team's overconfidence and their ability to throw with that confidence.

Funny enough earlier that day I won a game from an even worse position, going 22/7 in the end with the only positive stats in my team, they also wanted to surrender there, but I could convince them to try.

garath

Team comp means a lot too. As well as farm. Have a few late game champs like karthus/trist/vayne and farm real well and you'll start winning those teamfights.

People surrender too easily in Silver/gold.

Then again sometimes they don't surrender when it's hopeless. I just finished a game where we were 55/14. I was a 14/3/11 Elise and Lux was one shotting people.

zkylon

zkylewd
I only surrender when the game's insufferable.

either because my team is full of annoying whiners and blamers or because there's simply no hope and we got outplayed.

zkylon

zkylewd
aram in south american server is so much better

you have all the champions right now, so no more jayce/lux/nidalee/yi every fucking game

aram should always be with all champions unlocked

aram in south american server is so much better

you have all the champions right now, so no more jayce/lux/nidalee/yi every fucking game

aram should always be with all champions unlocked

I agree with you, but Riot would never do that. People would just play ARAM and never buy anything.

Subtle

Speaking of surrendering early in ranked, I had quite an odd game. We started the match and our Leona had Lolking'd me and said "This Ashe is going to be pro!" Needless to say I do bad under pressure, no matter how small ): I gave up first blood and Leona said "GG". The game was far from over and I got a triple after a counter gank from our Shaco. Ended up 11/2, but I was pretty scared early on.

Guys, guys.

My first penta. (With Fizz, in LAN)
Go6zhMm.png

I was farming when suddenly I see 3 enemies chasing our poor teemo with llike 100 of hp, they had half their health due to mushrooms, I used teleport to one mushrooms killed Vi with WQ, and Darius and Anivia with my E, then I go to check their red, and I spot Draven with half his health trying to kill the Lizard, I killed him with my WQ+AA, and finally I kill Jayce who was trying to kill our Graves.

Feels good. I almost got another quadra, but I took too long in killing the Anivia's egg.

:)

(Yes, Lux was our 'support', then again, since all champions are available, everybody is like, screw the meta! haha)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
2 - 2 in my gold promotion series. Jesus fuck this is intense pressure.

are jacky and saint the most buddy cop pair in lcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpCA48pvv1Q
saint's influence on jacky + living at the curse house has turned jacky into this monstrous combination of kiunch + ur typical bro
im lovin it

the sitcom possibilities w/ dbl living in the curse house playin the str8 man

pretty much anyone+saint is hilarious. Him and Dyrus in the lead-up to all-stars was great.

qtpie is a lone ranger though. he doesn't need someone else to play off of.

Pancakes

Should of deleted all your GAF friends before your promo. Oh well. At least you get to climb the ladder with RebeccaBlackFrid

64S565y.png

Carry me to Plat so I can finally quit this game pls.

Ferga

Carry me to Plat so I can finally quit this game pls.

I'm throwing some games to stay in gold atm. They aren't intentional throws but I'm trying to be extremely aggressive to see if it works or not and trying new jungling patterns.

Plat sucks man. Trust me. I was there for a while.

zkylon

zkylewd
isTsVWFvX1yVj.png

:(

Guys, guys.

My first penta. (With Fizz, in LAN)

I was farming when suddenly I see 3 enemies chasing our poor teemo with llike 100 of hp, they had half their health due to mushrooms, I used teleport to one mushrooms killed Vi with WQ, and Darius and Anivia with my E, then I go to check their red, and I spot Draven with half his health trying to kill the Lizard, I killed him with my WQ+AA, and finally I kill Jayce who was trying to kill our Graves.

Feels good. I almost got another quadra, but I took too long in killing the Anivia's egg.

:)

(Yes, Lux was our 'support', then again, since all champions are available, everybody is like, screw the meta! haha)
nice

I FUCKING DID IT!!!!!!! WITH NOTHING BUT SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM GOLD NAMI HEAR ME ROAR
double nice

Tomas

Banned
Forgot about the OGN bronze final today. Upset in the makings.

CJ Frost looked like an NA team against SKT 2. Cloudtemplar is bad.

WE surrendered @ 21 minute mark against OMG. Sadly had to watch the match though Chinese commentary on Azubu garbage TV. Sounds like the shoutcasters were using my 200i Walkman, the sound quality was that bad. Entire Chinese scene is hidden in this trash, no English casters, Garbage.TV, impossible to find timetables. But the games are as good (if not better) as Korean OGN.

Edward leaves GG.

garath

I FUCKING DID IT!!!!!!! WITH NOTHING BUT SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM GOLD NAMI HEAR ME ROAR

Congrats!!!!!! Huge accomplishment to break the clamping and get to Gold :)

You're almost making me want to queue up ranked again and finally make it to Gold myself. I have around 35LP in Silver I.... hmmmm

bjaelke

I'm at the point where ARAM is no longer as fun as it used to be (or fun at all). The removal of daily IP gains made me play it almost exclusively since it was released to the live servers. I'm starting to get annoyed when someone does/builds something stupid. And I shouldn't be. It's meant to be fast and fun...
Cloudtemplar is bad.

Understatement of the century. I don't like to call out individuals because we can all make mistakes from time to time. But he was consistently making poor decisions and getting punished for it.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm throwing some games to stay in gold atm. They aren't intentional throws but I'm trying to be extremely aggressive to see if it works or not and trying new jungling patterns.

Plat sucks man. Trust me. I was there for a while.
You mean, you played against some people who were there. ;p

Bad guy Rex, complains about players in ranked being bad, while saying he's throwing games. Maybe they're doing the same thing and just aren't as subtle about it!

If you want to rank up, try proxy Singed and report your adventures! Or Nami, I hear Nami is good for the wins in this thread. If you don't want to rank up...why aren't you playing normal?

IsayFever

So I sat in queue for 21 minutes earlier for a TT game. We stomped them hard and the game ended in 19minutes. Where is the justice in this world ;/

brian!

i can't wait to ask riot's tech leadership about euw service issues

pankaks u did it and also with the best named AD NA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom