• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Nome has already said the numbers out there aren't accurate.

just giving in the numbers I have for the guy that was curious.

Yep, thanks. For some reason lolking wasn't giving stats at all for me, for certain champions (Blitzcrank and Thresh were too such champions). And I'm aware that Nome has said those stats aren't accurate, but those and maybe one or two other stat sites are all we have. Plus, most of the time I've checked lolking I think it's been accurate about my own previous games, which suggests it's at least pulling some data.

Most importantly, as far as I know Riot has never offered specific numbers to compare say, the win rate of Blitzcrank in all ranked games over the month of February 2013. Without that point of comparison, it could be way higher, way lower, or close to correct, so what Nome has said basically doesn't give us anything additional that is meaningful to say about it, unless there's been more information shared that I'm not aware of.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
If you are expecting them to all in you max W to extend the polymorph duration.

For an additional .5 seconds? Nah, I'd rather have the stronger shield that I can launch a glitterlance off of for additional peel.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It goes from 1.5 to 2.5, and it lowers the cooldown by a lot. I guess I just find the shield the least appealing part of her kit.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep, thanks. For some reason lolking wasn't giving stats at all for me, for certain champions (Blitzcrank and Thresh were too such champions). And I'm aware that Nome has said those stats aren't accurate, but those and maybe one or two other stat sites are all we have. Plus, most of the time I've checked lolking I think it's been accurate about my own previous games, which suggests it's at least pulling some data.

Most importantly, as far as I know Riot has never offered specific numbers to compare say, the win rate of Blitzcrank in all ranked games over the month of February 2013. Without that point of comparison, it could be way higher, way lower, or close to correct, so what Nome has said basically doesn't give us anything additional that is meaningful to say about it, unless there's been more information shared that I'm not aware of.
blitz is 49.71% on lolking, 51.31% on elobuff.

I don't really value winrate too much as a measure of OPness, so I wouldn't say blitz is worse than thresh because of that or whatever.

some champs are really strong like zed but can be fairly weak in solo queue (someone think of a better example please), so it's not like those numbers mean all that much.

Subtle

blitz is 49.71% on lolking, 51.31% on elobuff.

I don't really value winrate too much as a measure of OPness, so I wouldn't say blitz is worse than thresh because of that or whatever.

some champs are really strong like zed but can be fairly weak in solo queue (someone think of a better example please), so it's not like those numbers mean all that much.

Weak in solo queue, like Kog? He needs a great support to be effective.

Also, jungle Fiddles in blind queue = OP

New pro strat you guys, smite on your ADC. Pro as heck.

ilDoFZb.jpg

Also dat trashy Diana build. Liandry's as first item. Urgh.

dimb

So many purple Zacs. The IP increase really probably helped them move bundles.

scy

Just for the record, finding one game where it's done doesn't exactly say much. Especially without knowing things about the lane dynamic and so-on.

some people just like purple

and some people max e first on lulu

I'm just weak. I bought the last 5 bundles. I generally don't have enough IP for a champ when it comes out because I just don't play enough, so if I like the look of the champ I'll buy with RP and usually the bundle because skin bling.

Yeah, I bought the Zac bundle as well. Second bundle I've ever bought and I've been playing for nearly three years. Kinda regretting it cause I'm not really feeling Zac too much, but I've only jungled with him thus far.

garath

I bought the bundle. I jungle and he looked like a good jungler (he is). I've also been sitting on 3k rp for ages. And even though it looks like a recolor, the skin is actually pretty cool. It has a lot of little touches that makes it better than the original IMO. The only other bundle I bought was Diana. Was happy with that till they fucked up the skin.

I'm really enjoying playing with Ahri. I can feel the diferences between playing with Runes and without them... when Ahri was in the free rotation I didn't have any runes, and often my combo wasn't enough to kill, and they ran away with just a tiny bit of life. Now... well... I feel a lot more "deathly".

I heard that Annie is a hard matchup when playing as Ahri, so I take precautions and started with boots and 3 pots. Annie started with Dora's ring.

I harassed her often, avoiding her every time I see her with her stun ready, and forced her to leave the lane twice. I'm not sure if that is the correct way to deal with Annie's players, or just had the luck to play against a new Annie's player.

Whatever it was. That was a fun match.

Also, tried jungling with Vi... I think I need some runes...

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm really enjoying playing with Ahri. I can feel the diferences between playing with Runes and without them... when Ahri was in the free rotation I didn't have any runes, and often my combo wasn't enough to kill, and they ran away with just a tiny bit of life. Now... well... I feel a lot more "deathly".

I heard that Annie is a hard matchup when playing as Ahri, so I take precautions and started with boots and 3 pots. Annie started with Dora's ring.

I harassed her often, avoiding her every time I see her with her stun ready, and forced her to leave the lane twice. I'm not sure if that is the correct way to deal with Annie's players, or just had the luck to play against a new Annie's player.

Whatever it was. That was a fun match. .
annie's a "hard" match up in that if you get aggressive she can stun and make you waste your ult, but also that she can burst you down faster than you can dodge her spells (which you won't because she'll instagib you if she has flash+ult up). ahri also has a weird range since your w and your ult have somewhat low ranges so it just puts you in annie's "death zone".

just harass her safely with the range on your q or shove the lane and go gank.

also if you click on annie you'll be able to see how many stacks she has on her passive, allowing you to predict her stun. any decent annie player will keep their stacks at 2, then E+stun you instead of being obvious and running around with the windy thing around them.

So I don't have hybrid penetration runes for Akali, would you guys go AP or AD runes?
ap quints, magic/double pen reds and defenses on blues and yellows. resistances go very well with the spell vamp and lifesteal from her passive so the defensive runes are very important.

also if you click on annie you'll be able to see how many stacks she has on her passive, allowing you to predict her stun. any decent annie player will keep their stacks at 2, then E+stun you instead of being obvious and running around with the windy thing around them.

Then I was right and it was a new Annie's player, since she was running around with the windy thing, I just ran away when I see her coming, or harrased her with a quick WEQ.

I didn't knew about the stacks thing, I'll try to remember that when I play against Annie again.

New Udyr is dildos.

Build a tear = never have to leave lane. Ever.

I just watched some platinum guy go 12-1 under 25 minutes and backdoor to victory almost entirely on his own, even after getting triple ganked several times.

He went tear into chain vest, then sunfire cape, then zephyr and visage. Just crazy. He was running around in between three turrets killing the enemies one buy one while they tried to take him down.

zkylon

zkylewd
Then I was right and it was a new Annie's player, since she was running around with the windy thing, I just ran away when I see her coming, or harrased her with a quick WEQ.

I didn't knew about the stacks thing, I'll try to remember that when I play against Annie again.
well that's if you want to bait someone into fighting. she may want to keep the stun up in case she wants to scare you or a jungler from attacking her.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
New Udyr is dildos.

I just watched some platinum guy go 12-1 under 25 minutes and backdoor to victory almost entirely on his own, even after getting triple ganked several times.

He went tear into chain vest, then sunfire cape, then zephyr and visage. Just crazy. He was running around in between three turrets killing the enemies one buy one while they tried to take him down.

TIGER TIGER TIGER DESTRUCTION!

Boken

Banned
New Udyr is dildos.

makes me want to try AP udyr

tear - nashors - guise - abyssal/zhonyas

aww yeah

Xisiqomelir

So I had lots and lots of IP I was saving up for Elise, but you guys and my pickup game persuaded me to buy rune pages instead, and now I just have enough for a 1350 champ.

Looking at the list, I realized that I've never actually seen a Sion in the wild. Why is this?

Ferga

So I had lots and lots of IP I was saving up for Elise, but you guys and my pickup game persuaded me to buy rune pages instead, and now I just have enough for a 1350 champ.

Looking at the list, I realized that I've never actually seen a Sion in the wild. Why is this?

He is a piece of crap. Unless you're in super low elo. Then you can play sion mid and destroy face.

Sion mid use to be considered as one of the biggest solo queue carries. This was around 1.5 years ago where Sion's stun and shield both had 1.0ap scaling. He was able to farm 200+cs in less than 18minutes, buy deathcap+lichbane by 25ish minutes then roam with boots of mobility and one shot any character in the game.

He was also ungankable because popular junglers back then were things like skarner and udyr. He would just stun, pop his massive shield and run back to tower losing little to no hp. Riot soon nerfed his ratios, without even giving the community any time to adjust to the new ap carry and haven't touched him since.

Now with new characters and junglers with gap closers, his shield can be broken without even breaking a sweat.

He is a piece of crap. Unless you're in super low elo. Then you can play sion mid and destroy face.

Sion mid use to be considered as one of the biggest solo queue carries. This was around 1.5 years ago where Sion's stun and shield both had 1.0ap scaling. He was able to farm 200+cs in less than 18minutes, buy deathcap+lichbane by 25ish minutes then roam with boots of mobility and one shot any character in the game.

He was also ungankable because popular junglers back then were things like skarner and udyr. He would just stun, pop his massive shield and run back to tower losing little to no hp. Riot soon nerfed his ratios, without even giving the community any time to adjust to the new ap carry and haven't touched him since.

Now with new characters and junglers with gap closers, his shield can be broken without even breaking a sweat.

So he's basically a "noob trap"?

Double jungle Leona + Maokai. Get to Lv2 at wraiths. Non-stop ganks with 100% kill rate; just buy mobility and pink wards. Our Kassadin whines about our double jungle until he went 10/0.

Ferga

I finally got to try out karma. Oh god, so much fun. SO MUCH FUN.

Glad she can do the mid/support role like lux can. Time to learn more about new karma.

dimb

Spectated some Diamond level game with a Sejuani. I guess even people at high levels can have no idea what they are doing. It was the perfect illustration for why building stupid shit like CDR and Mob boots while ignoring mpen can turn you into one of the most worthless champions.

Here is a 2v1 gank on an Irelia. She has no idea they are there and there is nobody around to help her.
Sejuani goes in to catch her. Arctic Assault just to reach her and then uses Permafrost. The health bar of Irela will illustrate just how much damage that does, while Sejuani took a very short and simple burst from Irelia:
Sejuani and Shen together do almost no damage to Irelia. The only defensive item she has is a null magic mantle. She goes in on Sejuani and two ults come out to stop her from picking up a kill. A gigantic waste for Shen.

Sejuani was set up to win the game early on. Her team was way ahead on gold and she was raking it in.
5bT4IEM.jpg

But her team wound up getting crushed and even by mid game she was useless. Late game was somehow worse.
doRcQyH.jpg

Tanks need to do damage. The goal of attaining CDR actually made Sejuani even less tanky. Frozen Heart is a joke with how much magic damage, true damage, and percentage health damage is around. Solari isn't really something that boosts your tank stats as much as you think either after its nerf. Mobility boots are usually not a good idea.

dimb

Holy crap, what was she building?

No spirit of golem? OK you can build it last npnp
No liandry's? Ok you can build it right before golem npnp
No sunfire? ... NO RYLAI'S???? WHAAAAAAAAA!!!
You are just as bad.

Agkel

You are just as bad.

Really? How so?
Rylais Slows your target/targets
Liandrys procs off rylais
Sunfire keeps proccing while they are next to you
Golem allows you to keep up // Why wouldnt you buy Golem? You buy spirit stone early you will buy big belt. Mid to late game I'm sure you can come up with 600g to finish building Golem.

All the while giving you health. You are there to Crowd Control and let your team pick up the kills. I run it and I run it pretty efficiently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom