• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i like cartoon characters. there are too many serious champions already.
yo why is this new loading screen so poopy
it's really bad, but riot's gotta sell those summoner icons somehow.

Boken

Banned
Zqzz7fj.png

d5RsG7a.png

tHd2Ftf.jpg

i think part of it is because people are so used to the old one

but the lack of symmetry between your own panel vs the others is weird

keep the progress number where it is, put the ping indicator to the left of it (dot on top, number underneath dot)

otherwise, i think they shouldve just put the icon inline with the champion name and player name

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel I'm gonna get even more harassed than before thanks to this change since me and my friends all like to go with the tibbers icon (long story) and apparently some people find reason to mock us for that :p

but if you ask me it doesn't look so bad, just a bit awkard

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
PSA: Muse Sona and other skins are being retired. Buy buy buy.

Also Lucien looks like a bamf.

garath

Sigh. I am so sick of getting counter jungled right out of the gate (especially after I called it in champ select and pinged like crazy) and then have every single lane lose.

When all the lanes are losing the jungler runs rampant in my jungle setting me back even further and no one responds. Then I get blamed for not ganking. How can I when I'm spending all my money on wards and I'm 2-3 levels behind.

So far my attempts at a tanky non-dueling jungler in silver solo queue have been complete failures. I cannot rely on my team to support me when I cannot duel another jungler early game. If I am the first jungler to pick it has to be a good duelist.

If you're a mid laner and your jungle gets invaded, help a brother out.

Boken

Banned
Sigh. I am so sick of getting counter jungled right out of the gate (especially after I called it in champ select and pinged like crazy) and then have every single lane lose.

When all the lanes are losing the jungler runs rampant in my jungle setting me back even further and no one responds. Then I get blamed for not ganking. How can I when I'm spending all my money on wards and I'm 2-3 levels behind.

So far my attempts at a tanky non-dueling jungler in silver solo queue have been complete failures. I cannot rely on my team to support me when I cannot duel another jungled early game. If I am the first jungler to pick it has to be a good duelist.

If you're a mid laner and your jungle gets invaded, help a brother out.

start playing dorans blade tiger udyr

garath

start playing dorans blade tiger udyr

That's what fucked me last game. I was naut and the udyr took my red every time. I pinged it ever time it spawned and asked for help and only got it once. Far too late.

I'll stick with khazix, Elise and maybe brush up my Lee and Vi.

I'm playing around a bit with my runes, with the recent changes, it doesn't take too long to make changes like before.

Not sure about my runes for mid.
Right now I have:

Standar: Magic pen reds, scaling ap yellow, MR blue, AP quints.
I'm thinking about changing the scaling ap for maybe armor? or health? not sure.
I have another page with magic pen reds, MR yellow, MR blue, MR quints, for those matchups I usually hate.

I have 8 rune pages; 2 for jungle, 2 for AP, 1 for support, 1 for adc, and 1 without using.

It sucks a bit, because since there's only blind pick, I don't really think about which one to use and go with the standard one.

JesseZao

I'm playing around a bit with my runes, with the recent changes, it doesn't take too long to make changes like before.

Right now I have:

I'm thinking about changing the scaling ap for maybe armor? or health? not sure.
I have another page with magic pen reds, MR yellow, MR blue, MR quints, for those matchups I usually hate.

I have 8 rune pages; 2 for jungle, 2 for AP, 1 for support, 1 for adc, and 1 without using.

It sucks a bit, because since there's only blind pick, I don't really think about which one to use and go with the standard one.

Scaling HP on yellow is good for mid. Especially if you're using MR on blues. [Edit: This is of course assuming vs. another AP Mid]

garath

Right now I have:

I'm always a supporter of armor yellows. There's a lot more AD mids and AP tops these days. You could get surprised at your matchup. Plus auto attacks are always a threat especially with champs like ori and lux.

dimb

That's what fucked me last game. I was naut and the udyr took my red every time. I pinged it ever time it spawned and asked for help and only got it once. Far too late.
Just start red if you see a jungler come in like that.

garath

Just start red if you see a jungler come in like that.

He started my red and I started blue. I said in champ select that he would do that. I would have. I asked bot lane to ward or watch it. They didn't. Then he ambushed me at red, took me low and got away clean cause no one came to my pings. He then went on to gank bot and fuck them. It was almost poetic justice.

:(

If I wasn't so low I would have gone to his red. He was about half mana a would have done blue next.

dimb

He started my red and I started blue. I said in champ select that he would do that. I would have. I asked bot lane to ward or watch it. They didn't. Then he ambushed me at red, took me low and got away clean cause no one came to my pings. He then went on to gank bot and fuck them. It was almost poetic justice.

:(

If I wasn't so low I would have gone to his red. He was about half mana a would have done blue next.
If you know he is going to your red first go to his for start. I don't understand. Was he sitting around waiting after taking your red? That's not a very good use of time. Also if you started red your team would have congregated there and been able to push them out so idk.

garath

If you know he is going to your red first go to his for start. I don't understand. Was he sitting around waiting after taking your red? That's not a very good use of time. Also if you started red your team would have congregated there and been able to push them out so idk.

I didn't know for sure. I only suspected. He waited for me after doing red.

I probably should have started my own red true. I strongly suspected it. Oh well. Live and learn.

dimb

Yeah, real avatars have transparent backgrounds!

Has anyone else's League client been crashing lately? Since the latest patch it just crashes at random now.
This is a reported problem. For such a small patch it's pretty buggy. I guess Twitch can't damage the Nexus while ulting either.

drawkcaB

I didn't know for sure. I only suspected. He waited for me after doing red.

I probably should have started my own red true. I strongly suspected it. Oh well. Live and learn.

Just an idea I've been toying with since I haven't played SR in a good while, so take it with a grain of salt. Run boots+4 pots and spec into utility tree. Plop down the ward you get from utility and place it such that you'll be able to see if the opposing jungler is at your red. Start at own blue, smiteless. If he appears on the minimap at your red, go for his. Even Nunu won't be able to go Red->Red before you steal it.

tafer

So, what do you guys do when you are in one of those nasty, nasty batches of 5+ defeats?

And of course, it's hardly your own fault.

drawkcaB

Exactly. Losing is a feedback loop. You'll get more and more frustrated and make more mistakes, rage more, lose concentration. Just take a step back and see if matchmaking will be kinder the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom