• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

you got fooled
carry junglers just cant exist in the game. not only does it not make sense to allow 0 game interaction and get ridiculously powerful, but by optimisation, division of resources will favour somebody else
they existed in s1 and early s2 because people didnt realise that hey, we can farm the jungle too!

I don't think carry junglers necessarily have to be synonymous with people who AFK farm in the jungle the entire match and then come out at 25 minutes with IE and PD. Riot just needs better itemization. Locket and Bulwark are just too useful compared to other items in terms of cost efficiency, so it's a no brainer to go with those items.

If Bulwark weren't so OP, you might see junglers building Wit's End. Or maybe if Locket wasn't so great, Zeke's would be better on junglers like Nocturne. Items like Spectral Wraith and Lizard Elder were good steps in the right direction as well. Haunting Guise is another item you see on some AP junglers like Eve or Elise. The problem is that these items can all have drawbacks as opposed to Locket/Aegis, so why risk building damage when going straight tank is so lucrative.

And yeah, I know, here it comes: But EXGN, if damage items are too cost efficient, laners will just build them! I think the two options to prevent that would be either making them into tier two items (IE, they don't scale into late game as well as something else), or they have stats that a carry probably wouldn't normally itemize for (like instead of Lizard Elder, a cost-efficient item that gives AD + Armor + CDR instead of just flat AD+CDR).

Coincidentally, melee ADCs are no longer classified as carries on the client on the PBE. Yi is now an assassin, while Fiora and GP are now fighters.

Deeply sad. :( Can't carryplank any more if he's not listed as one.

In other news, played a horrible, horrible game last night to keep myself from decaying out of Silver V. Didn't rage but lawdy so much flaming. I was Leona (just bought Iron Solari too :<) and Ryze died twice, then asked me to ward a certain so he could come in and (undoubtedly) feed Draven. We were barely keeping it together against Draven as it was. So I didn't. He flamed (and died) a lot after that. :/ He was fifth pick and instalocked, forcing a guy to jungle, and then THAT guy started flaming, and the AD got in on the fun too...eventually I was unable to even ward without dying, so it was all 'nice wards'. -.-

Gah.

The good thing is, I don't have to care because as I understand it, as long as I keep playing, I'll stay in Silver V. Played a couple of normal games with le bip, both pretty terrible losses, but these things happen.

In related news, the heatwave in Ireland at the moment is killing me, and killing my laptop in a major way. It was overheating before I even started that first ranked game. I think the router might also be feeling it. I had 700-800 ping consistently for about a minute a couple of times, and FPS drops regularly. Eesh.

Ferga

Fighters; /&#712;f&#299;t&#601;r/ ;

A carry who can't do its job

Synonyms:

Overnerfed, Unpopular, Strange, Nonsensical

Example:

Shit, we have a Jungle Gangplank. GG.

garath

Just an idea I've been toying with since I haven't played SR in a good while, so take it with a grain of salt. Run boots+4 pots and spec into utility tree. Plop down the ward you get from utility and place it such that you'll be able to see if the opposing jungler is at your red. Start at own blue, smiteless. If he appears on the minimap at your red, go for his. Even Nunu won't be able to go Red->Red before you steal it.

I like it. Can't think of many champs I'd like to start utility tree with though :(

On the flip side, I should start buying a ward. With most champs I can do my first clear without all 5 pots anyways. Sac 2 for a ward if I'm facing a Lee, nunu, shaco or Udyr and ward that red bush. Either ambush him taking it or take his.

Yeah the free ward from utility is damn great for counterjungling and countercounterjungling. You can even start with dblade/sword pots with certain champs like Udyr, Lee and Shaco.

Nev

Banned
Hey guys, sup. I've been wondering if there's any list of people who play this game here or just that chat. Since I finally made it to gold through soloQ, I've found nothing but... you know, plain trolls or, without necessarily being trolls, really, really bad players. I mean it's okay in normals and aram, but I would like to win some ranked matches. I duo with some friends, but they're stuck in silver (or up in platinum/diamond and won't duo with me) so when we play, we end up in a team with silver 3-1, people I have nothing against, but I'd prefer to play with gold players (even though some of them are worse than bronze) because there should be less chances of having a summer break kid in my team.

So, if you're up for some duoQ sometime or whatever, feel free to add me:
My profile

The role I play the best is mid AP. Jungler the worst.

PS: I absolutely hate Tristana, Lux, Diana, Jax, Akali, Fizz, Yi and Teemo. Just some irrelevant info.

Boken

Banned
hi

for all you peeps with wood for sexy girls
League-of-Legends-Fiddlesticks-Fanart-Wallpaper.jpg

SURPRISE
lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]

Potentially massive Jayce changes incoming. It's a huge list, not gonna post them all here, but the biggest potential change is that his transfrom would no longer be levelled up and instead his other skills will have 6 ranks à la old Karma.

Here's the link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3650167#39654745
jayce is ded. his idea was cool, but he seriously just did everything
Hey guys, sup. I've been wondering if there's any list of people who play this game here or just that chat. Since I finally made it to gold through soloQ, I've found nothing but... you know, plain trolls or, without necessarily being trolls, really, really bad players. I mean it's okay in normals and aram, but I would like to win some ranked matches. I duo with some friends, but they're stuck in silver (or up in platinum/diamond and won't duo with me) so when we play, we end up in a team with silver 3-1, people I have nothing against, but I'd prefer to play with gold players (even though some of them are worse than bronze) because there should be less chances of having a summer break kid in my team.

So, if you're up for some duoQ sometime or whatever, feel free to add me:
My profile

The role I play the best is mid AP. Jungler the worst.

PS: I absolutely hate Tristana, Lux, Diana, Jax, Akali, Fizz, Yi and Teemo. Just some irrelevant info.
see above, or use the chat channels. euw has *some* peeps

what does staples center mean
tell it straight to an ozzie

Potentially massive Jayce changes incoming. It's a huge list, not gonna post them all here, but the biggest potential change is that his transfrom would no longer be levelled up and instead his other skills will have 6 ranks à la old Karma.

Here's the link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3650167#39654745

Hrm. Looks like I won't be able to pretend I'm competent any more by using him.#

Edit: I'm in NeoGAF EUW chat but I'm Silver V as you may have seen from my post above, so nothing to see here I guess. >.>

Going to post this in both threads.

NA and EU will also have 3 spots each in the World Championship (to be held in the Staples Center as confirmed earlier) along with Korea.

The entries for each region are as follows:

North America - 3 entries
Europe - 3 entries
Southeast Asia - 2 entries
China - 2 entries
Korea - 3 entries
International Wildcard - 1 entry

Source.

Tickets to be available in early August.

Played around with atrox in some dominion after having not played in a long time.

OFC first game has an afker, I wish they would put in a more active system for dealing with afkers. I swear atleast a third of my games have someone who goes afk for long periods of time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can't even understand what Riot wants with Shyvana anymore.

She can't do damage, the Ult bonuses are a joke compared to every other transformation, you can't make a AP build for her because it makes no sense.

Why?

IsayFever

I can't even understand what Riot wants with Shyvana anymore.

She can't do damage, the Ult bonuses are a joke compared to every other transformation, you can't make a AP build for her because it makes no sense.

Why?

Don't forget that she's currently bugged and her Q doesn't reset on auto attacks pre6 like it's supposed to.

mercviper

Played a game last night after a forever hiatus. Forgot how much I like LoL. I'm back down to Silver I from inactivity but it ain't no thang.

vT4fAZQ.png

Like riding a bike. :D

I forgot how to triple hit wards properly :<

Edwardo

Champion & skin sale: 7.12 - 7.15

Give your champions a new look with these skins, on sale for a limited time:

Full Metal Rammus 487 RP
High Command Katarina 375 RP
Road Warrior Miss Fortune 260 RP

Add these champions to your roster, on sale for a limited time:

Vayne 440 RP
Miss Fortune 440 RP
Pantheon 395 RP

--

My wallet is safe. Well not really, the steam sale started today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom