• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

I only really play one char in ranked... and someone took him.
Don't ever play Yi mid, you're just limiting yourself by doing this. Try to get good with maybe Ryze and Annie. Two solid mid champions that are relatively easy to learn.

LeagueGaf, we're slipping to page 2. C'mon guys.

Steam sales.

They're too strong.

Does anybody care about their own rank in Ranked Teams? I'm thinking about playing there with my friends since we can make a team, but I'm pretty sure we will end somewhere around Bronze and Bronze.

The question is more about if I should care about my rank in Ranked Teams. I'm guessing you only care about it if you are in a serious team or something...

brian!

if my rank goes up im all hehe rank dont matter iz all the same
if it goes down im like fuk fuk fuk dont look at me

but like, asking people if you should care about something is w3ird

Kenai

Steam sales.

They're too strong.

Does anybody care about their own rank in Ranked Teams? I'm thinking about playing there with my friends since we can make a team, but I'm pretty sure we will end somewhere around Bronze and Bronze.

The question is more about if I should care about my rank in Ranked Teams. I'm guessing you only care about it if you are in a serious team or something...

I cared for a while, but then i just said F it. Still stuck in Bronze and will probably stay there, but what will I miss? A skin at the end of the season I probably won't want, and a colored border. No biggie. If I didn't feed and had a gg I'm usually fine, and as long as I play vs other people I improve over time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cop on how long it took to learn Draven: "Like five games of solo queue".

Item icon update time:
acMPj3k.jpg

scy

Fairly extensive list of Jayce changes.

Hm.

Edit: Also, dat Ryze mana cost buff to Rune Prison
-25 Range
and ult movement speed buff.

dimb

Edit: Also, dat Ryze mana cost buff to Rune Prison
-25 Range
and ult movement speed buff.
? His ult gives less move speed but they gave him five base MS to compensate I guess. Early game Ryze gets stronger I guess, late game maybe a little less.

Why are they buffing Ryze

Like, what.

I like the new icons.

Lycian losing 200 range on his W kinda sucks.

? His ult gives less move speed but they gave him five base MS to compensate I guess. Early game Ryze gets stronger I guess, late game maybe a little less.

No they're buffing his MS on his ult too. Went from 35/45/55 to 60/70/80

scy

+35 / +45 / +55 -> +60 / + 70 / +80.

And, yeah, the mana cost change won't really matter all that much outside of smoothing out some of his early game at best. The loss of 25 Range will end up being really huge though.

dimb

Oh my gosh. Why would they do such a thing? Didn't see the range on all his spells went down. Thought it was just his W. Maybe that helps I guess.

dimb

Not sure if trolling.

Only rune prison lost range.
They keep changing what's listed.
MS is now 340 (up from 335)
[Q] - Overload - Range is now 600 (down from 650)
[W] - Rune Prison - Now costs 60/70/80/90/100 Mana (down from 80/90/100/110/120 Mana)
[W] - Rune Prison - Now has a range of 600 (down from 625)
[E] - Spell Flux - Range is now 600 (down from 700)
[R] - Desperate Power - Now grants 60/70/80 Movement Speed (up from 35/45/55)

brian!

league of legends is set up so eventually it becomes dota 2
many fans don't realize until the reddit post
pendragon reveals that he always loved dota 2, that he was merely dat trojan horse
"finally we have finished patching league"

Yeah just saw, my bad.

Edit: obviously it's a nerf, but kind of a tidy up at the same time. Would remove some of the awkward stutter problems he had cos of multiple different ranges.

dimb

Yeah just saw, my bad.

Edit: obviously it's a nerf, but kind of a tidy up at the same time. Would remove some of the awkward stutter problems he had cos of multiple different ranges.
Ryze definitely needed to be easier to play. That was probably the most common complaint about him. Now that all the spells are the same range I can just press them all at the same time.

scy

Ryze definitely needed to be easier to play. That was probably the most common complaint about him. Now that all the spells are the same range I can just press them all at the same time.

Hey, that's a little unfair.

You only press R once.

scy

She kind of is. One of the better ranges and she controls space really well with her slows + Volley. She lacks an on-demand escape, sure, but her spacing and area control is pretty much the best.

New item icons suck. They don't even look similar to the newest item icons.

Holy crap those range nerfs on Ryze. His laning will be brutal. I suppose it's kinda fair since he ends up being a tanky gatling gun.

drawkcaB

Ew, why Dota 2 items.

My thoughts exactly. In Dota2 the item icons looks good because they mesh with the whole "pastel" look of the game. For LoL, the sharp penciled look of the old icons is better. As mentioned these new icons are massively different that the others, so at least I hope Riot is going to update everything.

scy said:
She kind of is.

Phreak could also be talking about a more competitive game where Ashe would get peel from her team. She has so much of her own that with another teammate or two peeling...yeah hard to get to her.

Boken

Banned
agreed, 2 EU and 1 NA should be enough.

all i want is equality.

3 spots for all, or 2 for all.

-----

RE: new item icons:
8Sx5ll9.jpg

They are indeed darker and more softer/3d compared to the flat, more cartoon style of the new s3 items (and previous items?) ps. vamp scepter is ugly as hell. Dota2 in comparison is soft but uses brighter colours. its ironic, because i think dota2's style suits league better and leeg's new style suits dota2 better.

s3 items:
Runaan%27s_Hurricane_item.png
Crystalline_Flask_item.png

however, the new orb of winter makes it seem like they are moving away from that style - softer, more realistic colours with one key colour:
Orb_of_Winter_item.png
1376423496.png
3168253837.png

these items have harder edges though, so i feel like they are going to clean up the new icons

Ken

maybe they want to have uniform icons across every region of lol, hence the removal of skulls to make it china approved

So Phreak is arguing Ashe is one of the safest ADCs on the forums. Not sure if I agree, but it's an interesting read.

Not in solo que.

Stand behind the front line and get dove by an assassin while your tank and bruiser chase their carries and completely ignore you. No chance of escape unless you blow your ult, if you can even get it off in time.

I love maining ADC in solo ranked.

dimb

Phreak specifies laning phase. Ashe's long range and incredibly safe poke both offer lots of safety in lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom