• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtle

I do good one match and lose. Then the next I go 0/5/10 and get carried. roit plz

edit: How do you play Shaco? Like how do you gank? I tried him and he feels fun, but his ganks are kinda awkward.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I do good one match and lose. Then the next I go 0/5/10 and get carried. roit plz

edit: How do you play Shaco? Like how do you gank? I tried him and he feels fun, but his ganks are kinda awkward.

deceive into lane, get behind enemy, throw box, attack them from behind with autos, throw shiv when they get away. collect elo.

Does Black Cleaver stack with Brutalizer? Both have "Unique: 10 Armor Penetration".

Yeah. Unless the passive has a specific name like Spellsword on Sheen, Lich Bane and Iceborn Gauntlet.

The unique part of general passives like armour pen is to indicate 2 Brutalizers don't stack.

Just had my left mouse click unbind in game after trying to set something to [Shift][LMB]. The weird thing is, it only unbound for some things, like choosing a target for an ability or summoner spell, clicking on the shop, clicking in the menu, etc.

I was able to left click on the minimap. I just started a custom game to try to fix my bindings and the left click worked fine. Anyone else experience something like this?

Zukuu

Banned
Yeah. Unless the passive has a specific name like Spellsword on Sheen, Lich Bane and Iceborn Gauntlet.

The unique part of general passives like armour pen is to indicate 2 Brutalizers don't stack.

Well I wasn't sure since Brutalizer builds into Black Cleaver. Thinking about trying Black Cleaver > Bruzalizer > Ghost Blade build for Pantheon.

For a brief, happy period, you could also stack black cleavers. Everyone did it.
I kept doing this with Garen and won majority of the time. Super tanky spin machine with 250+ AD, 75 arpen, 1500 health and 25% armor debuff from items alone.

Don't get ghostblade for Pantheon.

Zukuu

Banned
I kept doing this with Garen and won majority of the time. Super tanky spin machine with 250+ AD, 75 arpen, 1500 health and 25% armor debuff from items alone.

Don't get ghostblade for Pantheon.

I never did, but atm trying around with stuff. Ice Born Gauntlet is bad on him, I can tell you. xD

Statwise, it actually looks rather decent. 20 flat Ar Pen, 10% CDR, 30 AD and a movement speed buff.

Problem is, if I go with my "normal" build that I need extreme early farm or I can't really get Blood Thirster. Need to start on defense items before team fights happen, so looking for a cheap replacement that has a decent build path (e.g. god like Brutalizer) that I can leave unfinished for a bit.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Darius is a pretty cool guy. I forget he exists but then I play him and he's fun. 1v3ed and killed two but the third was Anivia and I only popped her egg. It made me sad.

jerd

So I've been thinking, what makes champs that are cooldown restricted only like Riven and Renekton ok? Not that I think they are too strong, but they don't seem any weaker than other champs, so why is it ok for them to not have to worry about mana management? Long cooldowns?

Leezard

So I've been thinking, what makes champs that are cooldown restricted only like Riven and Renekton ok? Not that I think they are too strong, but they don't seem any weaker than other champs, so why is it ok for them to not have to worry about mana management? Long cooldowns?

Yeah, typically they have longer cooldowns, or spells that are a bit weaker than other with mana counterparts. Later in the game, having mana is often preferred to not having mana.

Newt

It's cool to try to speak like a LCS, but the truth is that AP Yi wrecks soloQ as Amumu does.

I just had a leader who firstpicked TF mid despite our attempts to stop him, was obviously counterpicked by Fizz and ended like 2/9. Sad thing is these kind of players are not uncommon in gold. There's just no coordination/brain to actually think about how to stop these retarded 2-button-win characters in soloQ unless you're on platinum at least.

You have to worry about Fury way more than you have to worry about mana usually. As for Riven and Garen who don't use any source, they both have fairly long cooldowns.

jerd

Thanks guys, I thought that might be it, but was just curious. It seems like a pretty big advantage in the laning phase. I know Ren has a weaker late game, so his balances out pretty well, but it seems like Riven transitions to late game very well. I've never played with her though, so I'd have to look up her cooldowns.

Been playing Eve a lot in 3v3s and I'm experimenting with a lot of builds.

Right now I've found a hybrid build to be VERY effective. Like...far more effective than I ever expected.

I start with one pot, machete, and doran's blade. Do wraiths, wolves and smite the big one, then either invade the enemy jungler or gank immediately since I run exhaust/smite. I either kick the enemy jungler out and steal their remaining camp, getting ahead or get a guaranteed kill top.

So the build right now is pot/machete/doran's blade to start, get a doran's ring, elder lizard, haunting guise, build into torch, then get hextech revolver or a bork, then iceborne. I usually get berserker's for boots. If I had to get a sixth item, it would most likely be bloodmail.

The damage you put out in just a few seconds is insane. Even with just lizard and torch you clear any jungle camp in 2-3 seconds and even a five item tank gets destroyed. Lots of early ganks and pressure on the enemy jungle.

1005735_10153044170260556_1901207039_n.jpg

Got Fiora in an ARAM. Aww yeah. I guess the Kog helped too.

bjaelke

It will be very interested to see the thought-process behind these changes. You'd think they'd come up with a different (support) item.

Or maybe this change is only intended for Howling Abyss - where they just introduced the Orb of Winter with magic resist and a shield.

It will be very interested to see the thought-process behind these changes. You'd think they'd come up with a different (support) item.

Or maybe this change is only intended for Howling Abyss - where they just introduced the Orb of Winter with magic resist and a shield.

That's entirely possible, I hope.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
To be fair, it's only a 5 MR loss from Bulwark from the perspective of the ADC/non-Bulwark wielder.
Guess how much MR loss there is when I stop buying Aegis.

And think about the poor minions. Siegeing just got so much harder.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
well, thats an interesting way to free up gold for supports. i really really like kindlegem though, kinda sucks to lose it as a component.

emblem + kindlegem into locket and then locket + mantle into aegis seems like it'd be a much friendlier build path.

JesseZao

Malz mentioned in VU/Rework post by IronStylus saying he's in Yi tier for reworks. What would they change about Malz? Make his ult not stun himself? I like him as is.

Blizzard

Banned
not really. bulwark saves squishies. what are the early/midgame mr options for your ad carry?
That orange blade gives you magic resist and a shield, what could go wrong, you can build it into the maw and everything. And then you can build that QSS sword! :p

Mothman91

Damn @ those changes. Was getting use to it also, lol.

Had a Udyr that went Locket/Bulwark, was beast mode. Next game I went Lee Sin, also went Locket/Bulwark. Wasn't dieing as I usually do with Lee.

Malz mentioned in VU/Rework post by IronStylus saying he's in Yi tier for reworks. What would they change about Malz? Make his ult not stun himself? I like him as is.

First they need to come out with that Sivir VU which they hinted at repeatedly then went completely silent on.

Or maybe they're saving them all up for a big patch or something.

Boken

Banned
Aegis changes are positive and pretty intelligent.

Client update is nice but I'm still holding out for the new client at end of s3. I will be pretty disappointed if that doesn't happen. But... Such effort to go into this visual update of air makes it less likely. Fuck.

I figured the reason why replays were never hitting live was because they were being prepared for the new client instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom