• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I once played Swain in ARAM. I got massacred by 3 tanks and saw their Sunfire Capes did like 1000+ damage total. The rest of the damages they dealt were tiny.

it takes them 11 seconds to deal 1000 damage total (at 20% magic damage reduction)

3 people, 11s to deal 1000 damage.

sounds weak.

Confirmed.

wat

i expected this at the start of spring split
da fuck are they doing it now? edward has been doing work with cop

wtfff

crs liquid whyyy

Leezard

Interesting changes for aegis/bulwark/locket. I suppose there has to come a new MR item soon, since MR itemization is pretty much limited to hexdrinker/bulwark sometimes spirit visage at the moment.

bjaelke

thanks bjaekle

thanks for helping daydreamingz + aphroo troll NEOGAF

:D

CrissenGaard: how come you had 1000+ ap
2guys1sock: you get 1 ap for every minion you kill with q
2guys1sock: and 5 ap for every champion you kill
CrissenGaard: as veigar?
2guys1sock: yes
CrissenGaard: or every champ?
CrissenGaard: i didn't know
CrissenGaard: but isn't there a max you can achieve?
CrissenGaard: like max 30 ap
They always forget about the super villain.

Ferga

My skin that made me buy my first bunch of RP was grey beard veigar.

Bought it, entered a game, went like 15/0 at 25minutes and just stood at mid tower spamming "you shall not pass" in all chat and nuked anything that came close.

It was great.

bjaelke

I bought green jacket Ezreal
e5YuU.gif

Leezard

My first skin was Bilgewater Katarina, back in the day. Then I bought Kitty cat once it was released.

I wish I had bought the Mighty Jax. I was released during the days I thought I would never buy RP.
ibhAeL8iMKmI5m.jpg

Subtle

My first skin was Bilgewater Katarina, back in the day. Then I bought Kitty cat once it was released.

I wish I had bought the Mighty Jax. I was released during the days I thought I would never buy RP.
ibhAeL8iMKmI5m.jpg

Lol a friend started playing a week ago and at first thought that buying skins and RP was stupid and he said he'd never do it. Just today he told me he wanted Full Metal Jayce :p

LoL. Skin buying addiction is half the fun of LoL isn't it?

I seem to HAVE to buy a skin if I like the character.

Just unlocked Tristiana, Nassus and Master Yi.

I hope I don't like them.

Only got Yi as it looks like they are changing him slightly. Hate him in his current form. I have never used him but the AP builds where people just do that annoying "haha there goes 30-50% of everyones life and I wont reappear till im well out of range and then just ult boost away" put me off him. However I read the changes will make AP Yi not viable and it looks like he will appear next to his target now with the leap move thing??

failing that at least I can be a pain in the arse if I get him in ARAM.

I think I will like Trist. I needed a new ADC. Only have Sivir and Ashe and I way prefer Ashe there.

lol

i don't see the problem with it. i have put at least 200 hours into this game so far. more than happy to make sure the devs get some money from me.

Leezard

Lol a friend started playing a week ago and at first thought that buying skins and RP was stupid and he said he'd never do it. Just today he told me he wanted Full Metal Jayce :p

I doubt any of us realized just how much time we'd be spending on League when we first started.
Indeed. I've spent so much time playing league my 'other' game time is way down. I really don't have problems spending money now, though it is not often. I actually have a hard time justifying purchases of other games since I know I will probably play league anyway.

garath

I doubt any of us realized just how much time we'd be spending on League when we first started.

If only I knew. I would have bought $200 up front for all the bonus RP and saved money.

Buying crap for this game is an addiction. But it's so easy to justify if you've ever played MMOs. Been playing for 18 months, that's like $15 a month! :p The 500+ hours also means it's only cost me ~$.50/hr in entertainment. Solid.

My problem isn't the skins on sale, it's the new champ bundles. Those are killer. But I keep doing it. And half of them suck.

If only I knew. I would have bought $200 up front for all the bonus RP and saved money.

Buying crap for this game is an addiction. But it's so easy to justify if you've ever played MMOs. Been playing for 18 months, that's like $15 a month! :p The 500+ hours also means it's only cost me ~$.50/hr in entertainment. Solid.

My problem isn't the skins on sale, it's the new champ bundles. Those are killer. But I keep doing it. And half of them suck.

I think I have only bough Lulu with RP. The rest has all been on skins. I was damn close to breaking that rule when I saw Cait and Zyra on sale but I resisted. I have spent enough this month on gaming overall already.

It would be interesting if they did have a pay once and unlock everything option. Or unlock all chars and 1 skin from each of your choice or something.

New sale! Now you can all buy Fiora for half off! The best day!

Champions:

Fiora @ 487 RP
Ezreal @ 440 RP
Nasus @ 292 RP

Skins:

Dark Crystal Ryze (just in time for his nerfs!) @ 487 RP
Bilgewater Katarina @ 487 RP
Forsaken Olaf (buffs incoming) @ 260 RP

Source.

WARCOCK

Banned
Having issues with my CS which i think is the biggest hurdle into getting more solid for gold. I main adc but having issues keeping up with the typically expected rates. Some adcs are easier than others like cait and mf. But with varus i always lag behind. I think it's part trying to herass too much and not focusing enough on csing, part of it may be varus's weak attack and finally bad zoning from my support that makes me scared to confidently cs. Anyways i was considering switching my armor seals to pure damage or my marks. I'm not sure how the numbers add up, but would removing armor or armor pen put me behind alot? Currently quints are physical, marks are armor pen, seal are armor and the glyphs are magic resist.

garath

Having issues with my CS which i think is the biggest hurdle into getting more solid for gold. I main adc but having issues keeping up with the typically expected rates. Some adcs are easier than others like cait and mf. But with varus i always lag behind. I think it's part trying to herass too much and not focusing enough on csing, part of it may be varus's weak attack and finally bad zoning from my support that makes me scared to confidently cs. Anyways i was considering switching my armor seals to pure damage or my marks. I'm not sure how the numbers add up, but would removing armor or armor pen put me behind alot? Currently quints are physical, marks are armor pen, seal are armor and the glyphs are magic resist.

What's your runepage right now?

It's all the rage now to go lifesteal Quints, AD or armor pen marks, armor seals, MR glyphs and start doran's blade.

With a doran's blade start you should have no problems last hitting.

LS Quints + Dorans Blade lets you stay in lane for so darn long. It's not unusual for me to go back healthy with 2000+ gold.

You might want to consider putting a single Crit Chance red on every page. Losing 1 AD for it doesn't really hurt. Love cutting the enemy HP in half with a lucky tumble crit. Just got to be careful when doing smiteless leash.

Edwardo

The way I justify it to myself is that normally i'd be buying a new game every couple/few months at $60 each. Seeing as this is pretty much the only game i'm playing nowadays I don't mind spending $20 on rp every so often.

LS Quints + Dorans Blade lets you stay in lane for so darn long. It's not unusual for me to go back healthy with 2000+ gold.

That's what I run on every AD. LS Quints, Flat AD Reds, MR Blues, and Armor Yellows. Start with a Doran's Blade and i'm golden.

scy

Currently quints are physical, marks are armor pen, seal are armor and the glyphs are magic resist.

Yeah, you really should be running AD Reds with either 2x Lifesteal Quints+1x AD Quint or just 3x AD Quints (I'd recommend the former as it allows the Doran's start).

That aside, you still have some AD in the setup you're running so, really, you shouldn't be having too much of a problem lasthitting. If you need to practice it, do it in a 1v1 bot game. Your goal is to cs as safely as possible without ever attacking the bot. They're stupid aggressive so it helps you deal with just getting a feel for last hitting while keeping yourself safe yet in range.

I'll try doran's, feel like boots and pots are safer but yeah if i can't cs right i shouldn't adc lol.

Boots 4 doesn't really offer anything of note. Doran's Blade (with at least 4% Lifesteal) nets you more health in the long run and improves your csing and harassing.

Nope, the ARP reds scale better than AD. It depends on who you're playing, but ARP is going to give more dmg. Doran's blade should be more than enough AD.

This is practically irrelevant, however. Runes are used typically to improve your early game. Improving your late game by a few percentage points instead of your early game isn't really worth it.

Boken

Banned
Nope, the ARP reds scale better than AD. It depends on who you're playing, but ARP is going to give more dmg. Doran's blade should be more than enough AD.

ARP reds DO scale better

but i suck so i need all the last hitting power I can get

AND you NEED AD reds to do 1 tower-1 hit ranged and 2 tower-1hit melee

otherwise you will have to prep all your ranged and at certain levels, melee too.

so if youre vayne or other crappy laners, ad red em up

Newt

This is practically irrelevant, however. Runes are used typically to improve your early game. Improving your late game by a few percentage points instead of your early game isn't really worth it.
You'll actually be doing more damage level 1 with ARP reds than AD reds (to champions, not minions). Again, it depends on which champ you're playing but "ditch the ARP" is not the answer here. With strong laners like MF and Draven ARP is the answer. Crit champs like Cait, and weak early game champs like Ashe and Vayne should go AD reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom