• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nope, the ARP reds scale better than AD. It depends on who you're playing, but ARP is going to give more dmg. Doran's blade should be more than enough AD.
I guess I'd just rather have the pushing power of reds. I don't feel like you lose out much on trades and they enhance your lifesteal. If this guy is having trouble last hitting flat AD reds would also ease that some.
fiora half off sold!
Another victim.

scy

You'll actually be doing more damage level 1 with ARP reds than AD reds (to champions, not minions). Again, it depends on which champ you're playing but "ditch the ARP" is not the answer here. With strong laners like MF and Draven ARP is the answer. Crit champs like Cait, and weak early game champs like Ashe and Vayne should go AD reds.

It's roughly a +8% increase in damage taken (~77% -> ~85%*) which means that at around ~109 damage you'll deal +8.5 (what AD Marks give). AD Reds give you better damage (to both) than ArPen at Level 1. ArPen gives a better return at one item and scale up from there.

*Assuming base 30 Armor; taking it up to 40 lowers the gap to a +7% increase and +6% at 50.

Edit: Now, if your ratios are utterly abysmal than ArPen stands out a bit more but, generally speaking, those ones still benefit from AD to help them last hit, control waves, and generally harass. Even in the event of ArPen being better, AD is better in more situations in the early game.

dimb

wait why is she bad. she was pretty fun when she was in the rotation
Her kit is just super basic and not well rounded. She has ways of going in but nothing to get out, and she offers no utility to her team. Even if you like her playstyle I don't really think she's very unique.

dimb

Oh, I tried that Gangplank build where you max W and build Wit's and Shiv before going tank. Seems alright.

Subtle

Useless post incoming: I feel pretty happy at how my League play is progressing. In one game with Riven versus Rengar top, whenever he jumped at me, I would assess the situation in a split second. Full ferocity? Dash out. Low ferocity? Go balls out. In the same game I was dueling Rengar and Ashe in the Baron pit after a magnificent Baron steal. I was focusing Ashe until she was at a sliver of health. I saw she was burning from red buff, and was like "Ok, she'll die to red buff", then focused Rengar and sure enough came out with the double :D One more second focused on Ashe could've spelled death for me. It feels great being able to make split second decisions. Anyway yeah. Good day today.

Amakusa

can't believe it.. I paid $20.00 for points over the weekend, I picked up.
Skins
nidalee-french-maid.jpg
miss-fortune-cowgirl.jpg

and Champ

Worth pointing out that they're not replacing anyone.

They're doing it Korean style where they have a couple of players for certain positions which they can rotate in and out.

Nether

Neo Member
Snoopeh had to do something. He was too often the reason for some of their patented derps. I hope he can come back better though. He's a likable guy.

Nev

Banned
Premade guy 1: "I'm mid Fizz and my premade is adc, end of story".

Third pick gets adc.

Me: "Let me jungle, last pick go support please".

As expected, last pick (the other premade guy) instalocks Diana jungle without saying a word.

I go support.

iuvr.jpg

I've never played a game with a worse community than this one.

^ She just went from another generic caucasian hottie with the same facial structure as the rest of female characters that are not Poppy to a somehow more distinct and charismatic but still hot almost-black girl.

Leezard

Where does one check ones MMR?

You cannot. It is hidden. You can only see its effects indirectly, such as your LP gain (based on your MMR relative to your division), the opponents and team mates you are with (higher MMR -> you get matched with other people with high MMR, often in higher divisions than yourself), and skipping a division.

Gaining more LP than you lose (say +30 and -10, or +20/-10, anything like that) is an indicator of having relatively good MMR.

Mothman91

You cannot. It is hidden. You can only see its effects indirectly, such as your LP gain (based on your MMR relative to your division), the opponents and team mates you are with (higher MMR -> you get matched with other people with high MMR, often in higher divisions than yourself), and skipping a division.

Gaining more LP than you lose (say +30 and -10, or +20/-10, anything like that) is an indicator of having relatively good MMR.

Ahh, ok. That makes alot of sense.

tafer

Ugh, I just had a game that I totally fucked up. And mostly because of my total lack of skills. (ARAM and I was blitz... did a couple of nice pulls at the beginning and then it all went to hell)

Naturally, the party didn't waste a second to start shitting on me because I couldn't pull (well, to be honest they were right). I just wasted too much time avoiding the tanks and when the carries were open I failed miserably.

In general I just hate to play Blitz, Thresh and other guys that "depend" on their skill shots. Mostly because I need a little time to get used to their timings and range. I mean, after playing with someone like Thresh means that I'll start missing everything with Blitz. I know it's my fault but it wont stop annoying me to no end.

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, I just had a game that I totally fucked up. And mostly because of my total lack of skills. (ARAM and I was blitz... did a couple of nice pulls at the beginning and then it all went to hell)

Naturally, the party didn't waste a second to start shitting on me because I couldn't pull (well, to be honest they were right). I just wasted too much time avoiding the tanks and when the carries were open I failed miserably.

In general I just hate to play Blitz, Thresh and other guys that "depend" on their skill shots. Mostly because I need a little while to get used to their timings and range, I mean, after playing Thresh for a while, when I switch to Blitz I start missing everything. I know it's my fault but it wont stop annoying me to no end.
With Blitzcrank you're the hero if you succeed, but you can easily be the villain if you fail. It's similar to free Blitz week syndrome.

my gf hates playing blitz because of the pressure of landing dat skillshot

any champ with a gap closing skillshot i.e. blitz, thresh, leona, naut you just feel like the biggest jerk in the world after you miss it and have to walk away from your opponents while watching your cooldown timer tick.

Anyone here hates playing against Ziggs?

It's the only champion that I really really hate playing against when I'm Ahri, I can't evade his bombs for my life, I just can't. I get poked to death, I. hate. him.

So, if you play against me, and I picked Ahri, play with Ziggs, you will make my cry during the loading screen.

I'm serious.

Subtle

Premade guy 1: "I'm mid Fizz and my premade is adc, end of story".

Third pick gets adc.

Me: "Let me jungle, last pick go support please".

As expected, last pick (the other premade guy) instalocks Diana jungle without saying a word.

I go support.

iuvr.jpg

I've never played a game with a worse community than this one.

^ She just went from another generic caucasian hottie with the same facial structure as the rest of female characters that are not Poppy to a somehow more distinct and charismatic but still hot almost-black girl.

Seriously. The people who play this game. We were up 12 kills, only the enemy Nexus is left. An argument arises between our Nunu and Trynd. Trynd goes "afk" (AKA dancing at base) and we lose the 4v5. Why do people do this in ranked? I don't talk with my teammates anymore. Just call my position and a few "gj" here and there.

Just in case, the users name was "Darjibus". If you're out there Darj, go fuck yourself
double edi: Logging into the official website, captcha says "tellogn that" lol

It's the only champion that I really really hate playing against when I'm Ahri, I can't evade his bombs for my life, I just can't. I get poked to death, I. hate. him.

So, if you play against me, and I picked Ahri, play with Ziggs, you will make my cry during the loading screen.

I'm serious.

A Ziggs that can land all their skill-shots is annoying as hell. Though, it brings a little tear to my eyes to see one played well.

Boken

Banned
Haven't played League in a month? Np np just play Nami.

Grats nerd. Now carry me pls.
look at this fnatic supporter

heathen

Just in case, the users name was "Darjibus". If you're out there Darj, go fuck yourself
double edi: Logging into the official website, captcha says "tellogn that" lol
they know

I'm serious.
tbh, i think ahri should shit on ziggs.

ok so levels 1-4 might be tough, but omg post level 6, hes a dead yordle.

maybe youre not dodging his bouncing bombs well enough, try running away from your tower + perpendicular to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom