• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

can't see the site from work

you can vote more than once? you can vote for both regions? would be funny/sad if one continent mass voted for the crappy players of the other continent

Yeah you can vote on NA and EUW/EUNE (same players) once every 24 hour but you can just clear your cookies and vote again.

E. It increases with distance with each level. So by maxing that first you become a gank god and during team fights you become the king of initiation. But put two points in W first.

garath

I max W first. E second. Q last. E improves clear speed and damage for ganks. The E range with 2 points is good for ganking.

Scratch

if youre playing alone, youll reach people at your level pretty fast I think

hope nobody has been too mean to youi

also, what kind of peer pressure?

haha no, everyone's pretty nice actually. just alot of disconnects, so having to fight while down a man is really hard. still trying to get the hang of what every hero-I mean champion does. that and items confuse me. but lux is fun!

and peer pressure as in pretty much everyone i know plays league and won't touch dota.

erragal

Obviously a popularity contest for the All-star voting...but the NA adc voting is the worst of it all. Doublelift, really?

Also looking at na/eu back to back highlights how behind NA is at the mid and jungler positions.

garath

Tell me if you continue to max W first when you realise max rank E lets you jump from dragon to blue side's red buff.

Oh yeah.

Dunno man. Gotta go with the deeps early game. Second rank E is enough to jump from brush to almost other side of the lane. Plenty for ganking. Though honestly an argument could be made for maxing any of his skills. They're all good and bring benefits.

erragal

From pure performance NA should send scarra, voyboy, vicious, qtpie, and patoy. I couldn't object to cop at adc or crumbzz at jungle... but that's really it if you want na to have a legitimate shot at beating eu.

NA has two potential advantages. One is with the top tier adc play (and I would put doublelift on here mechanically but his champion pool is not ideal for the current game state). The other is eu voting Wickd/Snoopeh to their team ( Froggen is less egregious imo because while not the best playing mid in eu he has the talent level to compete).

Saint voting for dyrus and reginald makes his opinion suspect from the start..although realistically anyone we send mid against eu is in trouble.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
alright Dobkeratops wins this round one but i'll be back.

well i didn't get the yellow badge for nothing son

a7OUAcn.jpg

bjaelke

For our 4th champion launched in 2013 (after Zac): Skarner will be reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP and Warwick will be reduced to 450 IP / 260 RP
For our 5th champion launched in 2013: Talon will be reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP
For our 6th champion launched in 2013: Riven will be reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP
4 champions no one cares about (anymore).

Dyrus has been playing super well all LCS. The only consistent TSM player. I find Voyboy to be less consistent, although can have more impact.

-----

Seeing someone build soul stealer on Lux sends alarm bells ringing in my head. Always trash.

I max W first. E second. Q last. E improves clear speed and damage for ganks. The E range with 2 points is good for ganking.

This is bad. W does mediocre damage in the early game because it's % based while E gets you damage, range, CC and a lot shorter of a cooldown. If you need a faster clear then get a Madred's, it'll help you more than leveling W.

Type2

So wait, her Q would knockup and MaxHP% shred?

Well, okay.

Guess we'll see a lot of Sejuanis soon.

Yep they even knocked the cd of that ability down. Figures when I take a liking to a champ they switch up all her skills but overall im really happy with those changes. I wonder how much armor frost armor will grant.

Leezard

Getting +28 for a win and -10 for a loss in ranked at the moment, even though I just got promoted to Plat III. Solo queue has never been better than this.

EXGN

Obviously a popularity contest for the All-star voting...but the NA adc voting is the worst of it all. Doublelift, really?

Also looking at na/eu back to back highlights how behind NA is at the mid and jungler positions.

Why wouldn't you pick Double? He is the only NA player who can compete internationally. Please don't tell me you think Cop is better?

scy

Just to note, there's also some Trundle changes in there: Lost Tenacity on his W, gained +Healing; his R is now MaxHP% shred rather than a flat reduction so it scales better against Tanks (and seems to last a little longer overall, 5 seconds to drain, 5 seconds to fade).

Also, Lux laser got nerfed. +0/+5s/+10s cooldown.

You're only good at last hitting stuff anyway. =P

Pretty much.

Why wouldn't you pick Double? He is the only NA player who can compete internationally. Please don't tell me you think Cop is better?

Because his ego gets in the way of seeing that he's not the best player to ever exist. He'd do poorly in the environment, skill-level be damned.

Neki

because she has some of the highest burst for an APC, she's immensely safe and has little to no counterplay. Also she has a stupid range nuke that does like 800-1000 damage on a 24 sec cooldown late game.

she's honestly been like this for like, 2 years and Riot hasn't had a problem with it until now?

she's honestly been like this for like, 2 years and Riot hasn't had a problem with it until now?

I dunno. I think she's too strong right now, dunno why they've taken so long to do something about it. I feel like she's way more popular now than when I started (Hecarim patch).

garath

This is bad. W does mediocre damage in the early game because it's % based while E gets you damage, range, CC and a lot shorter of a cooldown. If you need a faster clear then get a Madred's, it'll help you more than leveling W.

Maxed it does 180 AOE damage to targets with 1000 hp every 4 seconds. If you need/want sustained damage, W is going to give it to you over E or Q. It's going to help for clears and for ganks.

E will make you a little more bursty but you aren't going to use that more than once for a gank. And you're bursty IF you land it. The travel time is huge. Later teamfights you will certainly want it up more often. That's why I max it second.

Edit: just for the heck of it I checked probuilds

There is not a single pro that maxes E first.

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/Zac

edit2:

Getting +28 for a win and -10 for a loss in ranked at the moment, even though I just got promoted to Plat III. Solo queue has never been better than this.

Yeah, this whole MMR thing is crazy. I'm getting 30-36 for a win and -11 for a loss in Silver I. I just got promoted as well. If I would have won 3 straight matches instead of 2 losses in 4, I would have been up for promotion after 3 games. This is definitely better than watching the little elo number go up and down.

EXGN

Because his ego gets in the way of seeing that he's not the best player to ever exist. He'd do poorly in the environment, skill-level be damned.

I guess I don't get the whole "ego" thing. He trashtalks a lot, but when it comes down to raw skill, he's shown up more often than not. There is a reason countless pros have called him one of the best ADCs in the world.

Doublelift has pentakilled Fnatic, Curse.eu and M5/GG. While he has been on CLG, he's carried the team to wins against M5/GG, Fnatic, Najin e-mFire, Startale (which would later form KT Rolster B), SK and a bunch of other teams. Teams play team comps that specificaly revolve around diving him and killing him. Regardless of whether you think he's immature or an asshole, the dude is 100 percent the most talented North American player, I just can't see anyone arguing for any other NA ADC.

scy

Teams play team comps that specificaly revolve around diving him and killing him.

Of course they do. CLG plays team comps where he's the only person you care about killing. That's their entire goal: They're built around Doublelift single-handedly carrying them to a win. Everyone else supports him.

I'm saying that it doesn't matter if he's the most mechanically skilled ADC in NA (he probably is), I'm saying that if you're making an All-Star team that needs to work together out of nowhere, Doublelift isn't your ideal choice with a random assortment of other pros.

I guess I don't get the whole "ego" thing. He trashtalks a lot, but when it comes down to raw skill, he's shown up more often than not. There is a reason countless pros have called him one of the best ADCs in the world.

Doublelift has pentakilled Fnatic, Curse.eu and M5/GG. While he has been on CLG, he's carried the team to wins against M5/GG, Fnatic, Najin e-mFire, Startale (which would later form KT Rolster B), SK and a bunch of other teams. Teams play team comps that specificaly revolve around diving him and killing him. Regardless of whether you think he's immature or an asshole, the dude is 100 percent the most talented North American player, I just can't see anyone arguing for any other NA ADC.

He can only play like 2 or 3 champions at most though, and only one of them extremely well. He's struggled against teams that ban his Vayne. The EU ADCs are generally more aggressive, which counters his play style a lot. Unless he's playing against Genja they'll generally out-aggress him. You saw how much he struggled against Draven in the TSM game. Imagine if he was against someone like Hosan on Draven.

Plus CLG is like the only team that fits his super passive play style. I don't think he would fit in with pretty much any of the other top NA LCS players.

But hey, I'm rooting for Europe,so vote for him all you want ;-)

drawkcaB

So wait, her Q would knockup and MaxHP% shred?

Well, okay.

Guess we'll see a lot of Sejuanis soon.

The wording is a bit confusing, I think. Her Q now "knocks enemies into the air[...]plus x% of target's maximum health. The charge stops after knocking an enemy champion into the air."

The wording makes it seem like the %health damage can only be applied to the first champion hit, so it's single target % health on an 11 second cooldown. That's not exactly huge. Besides, %health damage is a great way to provide tanks with damage. It doesn't even seem definitive whether or not all champions in an area are knocked up once contact is made, or "enemies" refers to minions, monsters, etc.

Yeah, this whole MMR thing is crazy. I'm getting 30-36 for a win and -11 for a loss in Silver I. I just got promoted as well. If I would have won 3 straight matches instead of 2 losses in 4, I would have been up for promotion after 3 games. This is definitely better than watching the little elo number go up and down.

That must be nice. I'm stuck at 15 LP. +8/10 a win. -10/12 a loss. I don't understand.

I'm gonna be one of those people with 150 wins and still stuck in Silver I.

EXGN

Of course they do. CLG plays team comps where he's the only person you care about killing. That's their entire goal: They're built around Doublelift single-handedly carrying them to a win. Everyone else supports him.

I'm saying that it doesn't matter if he's the most mechanically skilled ADC in NA (he probably is), I'm saying that if you're making an All-Star team that needs to work together out of nowhere, Doublelift isn't your ideal choice with a random assortment of other pros.

I guess if you're trying to make a team of personalities that mesh together, you're not going to have a team of the best players. Regi, SaintVicious and DL are all egomaniancs, particularly Regi and Saint.

He can only play like 2 or 3 champions at most though, and only one of them extremely well. He's struggled against teams that ban his Vayne. The EU ADCs are generally more aggressive, which counters his play style a lot. Unless he's playing against Genja they'll generally out-aggress him. You saw how much he struggled against Draven in the TSM game. Imagine if he was against someone like Hosan on Draven.

Plus CLG is like the only team that fits his super passive play style. I don't think he would fit in with pretty much any of the other top NA LCS players.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
in before dimb calls everyone sejuani posers now
They will be. She is going to get nerfed so hard if these changes go through. It's crazy.

Of note:
Q is like, mini-Malphite ult on an eleven second cooldown. Could go down to about six and a half seconds with max CDR. Range is a bit shorter but it's hard to care when it becomes hard CC on top of becoming a massive damage boost. The shorter cooldown even at low ranks is crazy. Laughs in the face of Zac.

Her new W is weird. Can't tell from the numbers here and will have to check on PBE. It looks like it not only has a burst of damage but will do less overall. The burst will help a lot with early dueling. The damage will come out faster but I'm not sure if the ability will be as strong when the health scaling might be worse. It seems like they're taking damage off of this and moving it to her Q. Probably a good change since that's percentage damage.

Passive change is major. Her old passive is getting moved to E, like it always should have been. These free bonus stats on top of better stat scaling over levels should help tankiness. Might be easier to go magic pen runes and she will be less item reliant early/mid game. If I am reading it right she will apply her 10% slow to enemies with all spells now. This is kind of crazy. More CC. Easy Permafrosts on multiple targets.

Ultimate is getting nerfed. There is no way around that. It simply won't be as forgiving. Even if it hits at max range the slow isn't terrible I guess.

I was expecting light changes. These are pretty major and a big buff. She will just destroy heavy HP tanks between her new Q and Liandry's. She is going to be super FOTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom