• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
she's honestly been like this for like, 2 years and Riot hasn't had a problem with it until now?
She got the buff on her e cd starting on cast rather than on detonate and that was huge. She was sleeper op after that. Then cdr was more accessible. Then with all the assassins mid, safe mid laners became more valuable and people realised hey, lux is amazing.

Luxes story.
But srsly, 24cd ult is kinda assholish.

Leezard

Yeah, this whole MMR thing is crazy. I'm getting 30-36 for a win and -11 for a loss in Silver I. I just got promoted as well. If I would have won 3 straight matches instead of 2 losses in 4, I would have been up for promotion after 3 games. This is definitely better than watching the little elo number go up and down.

Yeah, the system feels great, although it is inevitable that the gains will eventually slow down. 100 elo felt like a milestone in S1/S2, even though it was easily lost. The fact that you can't easily be demoted works well for people's self esteem.

edit: new Sejuani Q seems a bit crazy. A bit of Malphite ult and the insane base + %hp damage from pre-nerf Jayce hammer E.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Need to play more of the new Sejuani to get a better feel and determine whether I like her or not. She is way different. It's kind of shocking. Patch notes were inadequate. She has a new icon and new spell effect icons. All new spell animations, much more readable. Frost covers enemies in this icy effect all over their body. All spells grant Frost passive. There is some bug on the PBE where enemies speed up massively after Permafrost.

New Passive:
nASV7Od.jpg

Starts at 10, goes up to 25. Super good for early jungling and all team fights. Not sure how teams will even keep her away without blowing their big CC on her.

Full ridiculous build ability numbers:
Q:
fg449g5.jpg

Carries much more of an impact with the improved damage and knockup. Feels really good to use. Much more important as part of the kit. You spam this all the time now.
W:
WG0AdOJ.jpg

Feels wonky and awkward, especially at level one. Harder to take blue. Takes getting used to. Much burstier. Max CDR it is literally almost always up. You will read some stuff about how this is a damage nerf or something...but it's probably not as long as you can keep spamming it.
E
a0bAchH.jpg

Frost passive is one second longer than before. Movespeed reduction starts at 55% instead of 30%. Might wind up maxing this last now, but Permafrost doesn't last as long at early ranks. 2.25 at rank one I think.
R
63fbmgF.jpg

It's not a Glacier anymore. 0/10.

For Corgi, genuine easiest solo Baron, still over 75% health:

She is super mana hungry now. Old Sej could care less about mana. Now she just chews through it with ability spam. Not sure how this will impact my build yet. If multiple people get caught by ult combo she will burst kind of hard on them.

Learning more about her as I read stuff. Frost doesn't slow anymore. Kind of disappointing. I might actually wind up liking her less. Not sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
well at least you are spared the pain and anxiety of wondering if scarf lux means nerfs

because new skin means incoming nerfs

oh shit steel legion
tbh I feel lux is super good right now because the tear+kage start is stupidly cost efficient, not because of her kit (that's remained mostly unchanged except a few mana cost changes), and when they inevitably nerf those items (coupled with her own nerfs) she'll be back on the weak side.

meh, I'll still play her, she's the single most fun champion in the game for me.

is anyone's launcher crashing every time after a game? no error dialogue, nothing, just not really showing anymore (and forcing me to kill process).

Yep, about every second or third game. Got sick of it and deactivated LoLReplay. Not sure yet if it's a fix but I've heard it improves things. If you're getting it every time, you'll know a lot faster.

Achtius

wow, i need 10 matches in solo/duo b4 placement? 8 more games to go =/

I hope zero will carry me to victory.
Also last sona game, ks fb, and got 5 kills at the end.

Blizzard

Banned
You are such a baby and the biggest scaredy cat support unless you're blitz where you're the complete opposite
I miss the days of Kiunch Leona support. If there's an enemy in sight, he's going all in. Tower dives? NO PROBLEM, LEONA HERE.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I miss the days of Kiunch Leona support. If there's an enemy in sight, he's going all in. Tower dives? NO PROBLEM, LEONA HERE.

Kiunch played AP Leona. SoloQ terror.

New Sejuani model looks amazing. Really love the animations and movement of her mace. Also no more dumb bikini.

A bikini in a blizzard the most practical clothing to wear, man!

Blizzard

Banned
I thought Sejuani was supposed to be some sort of hardy Norse lady who was mostly immune to cold, and thus the weather didn't bother her. It's probably all in the lore, man.

Solune

I ju-I just... I just thought we'd get scarf lux first

:(
=( i feel your pain man
New Sejuani model looks amazing. Really love the animations and movement of her mace. Also no more dumb bikini.
Yah it looks really good now, I have no shame in playing her now!!
I thought Sejuani was supposed to be some sort of hardy Norse lady who was mostly immune to cold, and thus the weather didn't bother her. It's probably all in the lore, man.
Real talk I'd pay good money for a Lenneth type of skin for Sejuani or a Vanir design.
I'd buy that Queen Sejuani skin.

Is there a link for this? =O

Boken

Banned
Soda cop pls no
I'm sorry I yelled at you I was joking about reporting you I don't hope you get chat restricted

How bad was that ww etc

I absolutely HATE the new Trundle voice. His old voice was unique and one of the best in the game. Model is better, quotes are really bad.

The little slugger skin is horrific right now, hope that it's just really early on.

wow Riot sure has a hard-on for %health damage.

Only way to fix the resistance nerfs.

Kacar

All these reworks man, Sej sounds like she will be really good. Trundle one of few champs that Ive never played so i dunno about him.

Lux nerf hits deep to my core.

My team just insisted I play cassioppia bot lane supported by a karma in this ranked game, and we have no adc, ad bruiser top and mid, lets see how this goes.

Edit: well we lost Panth insisted we go double bruiser so that he could counter Diana, he didnt do so hot lol. Their adc was DC for the first 5 minutes even, I got my veteran emblem for plat V now, this bracket has terminated me.

Casanova

My League of Legends download will be complete in 7 minutes.

This will be my first time ever playing it, what should I expect LoLGAF?

Play tutorial and bots.

If you have experience with other MOBAs, skip tutorial, play bots until you're familiar with shortcuts/interface/items.

What should you expect? Expect to not get it straightaway. Expect to spend a lot of time moving the mouse awkwardly if you're not into micro games. Expect to marvel at people's discussion of items and champions and so on by name while you struggle to remember the name of that sword you buy every time. Expect bots to beat you at times. Expect to feel stupid often.

Expect to slowly stop playing other games. Expect a disgusting film to form on your right mouse button and QWER keys. Expect Dobkeratops to befriend you and then call you a feeder within five minutes*. Expect to win games that you thought you'd lost, and lose games that you thought you'd won. Expect to fall in love with a champion or build, and see it nerfed. Expect to pick up something relatively underused and become good with it right before a buff. Expect jungling to be easier than it sounds**. Expect elation and despair, sometimes within minutes or seconds. Expect 'one more game' at 4am. Expect teamwork like you're not sure you've ever participated in before, and that one eejit who ruins it occasionally.

Expect something new.

*true story, report gg
**didn't try it 'til embarrassingly recently

Solune

I absolutely HATE the new Trundle voice. His old voice was unique and one of the best in the game. Model is better, quotes are really bad.

The little slugger skin is horrific right now, hope that it's just really early on.

The traditional skin is going to have the vanilla VO anyways right?

Boken

Banned
SeeIng him bear his heart and become emotional because he doesnt remember all these people was pretty tear jerking
:'(

Edit: white boar sej is pretty cool

Kacar

Wow, my 5's team that is full of Gold II's an plat V's got matched with a full challenger I team whose other five team was 16-0 and they decided to make a new team. Our 5's team ranking is Silver II, it went so badly.

They invaded and killed Shen in blue jungle at 50 secs, then switched sides and killed him in red jungle at 1:30. It was over before it even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom