• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

I'm still on a winning streak, even though I don't play ranked much nowadays. I skipped Dia 4 and jumped straight to Dia 3 from Dia 5 after my promotion series. Bliss!

Depends.

Randuins, Locket, Spirit Visage, even Warmogs. Randuins would be a good tanky Armor item if faced with solid AD damage though.

Yeah, I guess it depends on if I'm dealing more with AP or AD. At what point do you decide to build more MR than Armor? Does it depend more on team comp or who's fed?

garath

Yeah, I guess it depends on if I'm dealing more with AP or AD. At what point do you decide to build more MR than Armor? Does it depend more on team comp or who's fed?

Yes. Lol.

I'll willingly admit I'm not the best at itemization to the situation as I do have a set "core" I like to achieve with each champion but I'm getting better. Especially with the tanky junglers I try to look at who is doing the most damage right now and what I can do to combat it. But I also have to take into account what teamfights are going to look like and how much money I'm likely to have as the jungler.

Randuins has a lot of armor but also gives health and a nice active so even if there's say a midlane Ori wrecking face, a Randuins still might be appropriate if someone else has built a bulwark. However, if they have a double AP comp (AP top and mid) and their bot lane is getting stomped, I would try to stack MR and try to bait the burst from the mages in a fight. Spirit visage is cost efficient even without the improved healing passive. Cooldown, health and MR is a good combo.

But at the same time, their mages shouldn't necessarily be focusing the tank in a teamfight while the ADs might because you are simply the closest target. It's really a toss up.

Azulsky

What do I build as a jungler if the support goes aegis? Randuins?

Locket syncs up the best with Aegis because the shield is enhanced by the resists Aegis gives.

If you are jungler designed to dive the frontline and your support is a peel type support then you can actually get 2 Aegis because decent chance you may leave its aura radius. Divers also do well with Randuins as its a relatively small AOE so you need to get in the enemy AD's face to make use of the active.

brian!

it kinda looks like two tunky champs can both get bulwark if the other team has dangerous ap dmg to warrant a need for mr and if those champs need to get up in the other teams shit, like ive been seeing top and jang both getting bulwark in a bunch of lcs games

mumble 4 where you at

Yes. Lol.

I'll willingly admit I'm not the best at itemization to the situation as I do have a set "core" I like to achieve with each champion but I'm getting better. Especially with the tanky junglers I try to look at who is doing the most damage right now and what I can do to combat it. But I also have to take into account what teamfights are going to look like and how much money I'm likely to have as the jungler.

Randuins has a lot of armor but also gives health and a nice active so even if there's say a midlane Ori wrecking face, a Randuins still might be appropriate if someone else has built a bulwark. However, if they have a double AP comp (AP top and mid) and their bot lane is getting stomped, I would try to stack MR and try to bait the burst from the mages in a fight. Spirit visage is cost efficient even without the improved healing passive. Cooldown, health and MR is a good combo.

But at the same time, their mages shouldn't necessarily be focusing the tank in a teamfight while the ADs might because you are simply the closest target. It's really a toss up.

Locket syncs up the best with Aegis because the shield is enhanced by the resists Aegis gives.

If you are jungler designed to dive the frontline and your support is a peel type support then you can actually get 2 Aegis because decent chance you may leave its aura radius. Divers also do well with Randuins as its a relatively small AOE so you need to get in the enemy AD's face to make use of the active.

It seemed like Locket worked really well in a game I just played, when I remembered to activate it that is. I had completely forgotten that Wit's End gives me a healthy amount of MR and that's one of the main parts of my build.

Kenai

Can someone explain GP builds/skill order and maybe even masteries/runes to me for toplaning purposes? Is it R> W or R > Q? I can tell I don't know what I am doing and GP *should* be a character I like, but I just cannot wrap my head around how to make him functional. I really need more characters I can toplane with.

tafer

ofEPSbj.jpg

First Soraka's excellent adventure and now the summoner's code sites... any other relevant fan site am I missing?

Azulsky

Is Kha6 a top laner? I see him played top a lot but it says he's a jungler.

Also, are Jayce/Pantheon OP?

Jayce might be getting closer to balanced now but still op

Pantheon is really good if you get a lane matchup you can manage. His damage is pretty insane with Cleaver + Whisper.

You can jungle Khazix you are just going to be underfed.

DeadNames

Banned
My friends were complaining about Panth... calling his stun OP. As someone who's mained Panth for a while... I can say that he's pretty balanced.

I don't really see how Jayce is OP other than his Q in the hammer mode and maybe the W in the gun mode.

scy

I don't really see how Jayce is OP other than his Q in the hammer mode and maybe the W in the gun mode.

His Level 2 is a lot of damage (Cannon EQ -> Hammer Q -> Auto -> Hammer E) and then just the amount of damage and range from his Cannon EQ combo. His Cannon W has uses but it's one of those "only useful later" sort of things.

Then there's also just how his power spikes work due to his skill order (Q -> E -> Q -> E -> Q -> E -> etc.; no points in W or R until they're both maxed).

Boken

Banned
My friends were complaining about Panth... calling his stun OP. As someone who's mained Panth for a while... I can say that he's pretty balanced.

You should watch some pro games of jayce then

Now I remember why I don't like at all to be the ADC.

I was Caitlyn, vs Quinn, Annie (support), Veigar, Trynda, Vi.

It was really difficult after some point, someone in their team started to say who to focus (me), because in the first 30 minutes I wasn't being focused.

After that, Vi initiated with her ult in me, then Annie stun or Veigar stun, and if I somehow survived, I got Quinn in my face to finish me. My team was somewhat good at objetives, and understanding to don't go alone, since all of them were missing (Baron and dragon had yet to respawn, so it was obvious they were camping).

Now that the game is over, I think Thresh ult could have helped a lot to counter-initiate. I guess. Or if our malphite initiated...

I don't like how much I depend in my team, in the sense that I don't know if they will help me to do my job. (Peeling, for example).

That's way I like to be mid, at least I feel like I do my job as a mid, and help my team more.

If the enemy jungler invades and try to kill our jungler I go and help him out, I still remember all those times I was the support, and our jungler pinged, and neither top or mid went to help him out. I don't even play jungle that often, but even I know that you have to help your jungler, not let him die, and lose a buff, it pretty much makes your jungler life hell, especially at the beginning of the game, I have seen just a few recover from that. ):

I try to protect my adc, kill the enemy adc, punish those who are bad positioned, push and roam, wards and wards, etc.

Something I do need to get better at is "counter-roaming" as mid; following the enemy mid when he tries to roam. (Usually they don't even have the chance to do it, but sometimes they realize their only option to get ahead of me, is to roam and sucessfully gank a lane)

Ferga

S7EnGPG.png

This ezreal build almost made me gouge my eyes out. I practically handed him 4 kills in his laning phase and he didn't get a single kill after because he did absolutely no damage.

He had 4 long swords + boots at one point. He finished his IE the moment we finished the game.

Thank god we had a decent Kat.

Almost lost a game where we were up by 8k gold due to this dumb ass ezreal build.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
S7EnGPG.png

This ezreal build almost made me gouge my eyes out. I practically handed him 4 kills in his laning phase and he didn't get a single kill after because he did absolutely no damage.

He had 4 long swords + boots at one point. He finished his IE the moment we finished the game.

Almost lost a game where we were up by 8k gold due to this dumb ass ezreal build.

You should've raged at him and AFK'd at fountain like a true plat player.

S7EnGPG.png

Blue Ezreal is actually a really strong build but he went about it wrong.

It never fails to piss me off when someone is so hungry for a kill he chases someone else across the map when we could do break a tower or grab baron. Our Cho died because Jax wasn't helping with Baron until it was too late.

Ken

It never fails to piss me off when someone is so hungry for a kill he chases someone else across the map when we could do break a tower or grab baron. Our Cho died because Jax wasn't helping with Baron until it was too late.

Hey bro lolking my kdr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom