• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

kSt

NndW2dB.jpg

x8oBRpe.jpg

I admit I got carried a lot. I've never lost my lane though.

Azulsky

I need to carry on and finally get to playing ranked so i can get the damn gold reward skin this season.

If they would just advertise the thing earlier in the year then I would find motivation.

Polymath

Neo Member
So it's been a few days now since the release of sgu.
Honestly i have never touched him before the skin came out and thought i'd try him because of it.

I don't know how everyone feels about him. I see him rarely in games and i guess it's not the best jungler but i really find it an enjoyable champion to play.
It took me 1 game to figure him out and ever since it's been really hard to do bad with him.

What are the thoughts about udyr in general here?

Type2

Honestly i have never touched him before the skin came out and thought i'd try him because of it.

I don't know how everyone feels about him. I see him rarely in games and i guess it's not the best jungler but i really find it an enjoyable champion to play.
It took me 1 game to figure him out and ever since it's been really hard to do bad with him.

I'm finding him great if you want to take charge in solo q. I just role up into a lane take towers, counter gank the shit out of the enemy jungler until they are useless and camp annoying champs in top lane as well. It is nice to get some kind of synergy in your team comp when you pick him though because the melee frustration of constant cc can become an issue.
He's like the gangster rap of LoL champions. I pick him to be aggressive, display massive balls and to kite/troll the crap out of the enemy team. I will need a new skin though because the default is uggo!

jerd

Really loving kayle right now, to the point that I might be picking up aether wing soon. Why doesn't she see more play (I never see her anyway)? She can push a lane like nuts when necessary and her kiting/chasing is really good.

Boken

Banned

trick2g has been educating the masses about udyr play

you should give his stream or youtube videos a shot

Really loving kayle right now, to the point that I might be picking up aether wing soon. Why doesn't she see more play (I never see her anyway)? She can push a lane like nuts when necessary and her kiting/chasing is really good.
she for some reason was never really popular unless she was seen on the pro scene. i think its a matter of being a weird type of champion (autoattack/mage). she used to be seen in progames as a pushing jungler (with great utility on the ult) or as a pushing mid champion. TBH im not sure why she isnt seen more since she is pretty strong against zed and is a decent duelist which enables split pushing.

i like that she has several differing itemization paths that changes how she is played

Is viable Clarity in MF?

I ask this because I just saw a Miss Fortune with Clarity, not sure if that is actually viable, at first I chuckled a bit, but MF is really mana-hungry... but is it a better choice than barrier?

(Her support (lulu), was also confused by that, and assumed MF was trolling so she went AD lulu)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
When you see clarity, you're either been trolled or have fallen so far down in terms of ELO that Teemo is a pick/ban.

jerd

On a side note to my earlier post, would I get flamed for trying to play Kayle as a support? I've been absolute ass with Janna lately.

Boken

Banned
kayle can support, but shes a very specific kind of support

2v1 push support OR
red pot all in - but thresh does that better

most people in solo queue will roll their eyes at kayle support though. because on the pure assistance support level, she has a minor heal with a decent speedup, an average slow and 2s invul

When you see clarity, you're either been trolled or have fallen so far down in terms of ELO that Teemo is a pick/ban.

Luckily I have days, if not weeks, without seeing Teemo. (Except in an ARAM, like three days ago)

Not sure what could happened, I mean I did lose 5 games in a row like 2 days ago, but I'm in a winning streak now, I still have like 248 wins - 220 defeats, or something like that.

It was a pretty ridiculous game, 28-8 (I died once, sadly).

Their best player was Lulu, AD lulu, and she had Hurricane.

I have learned, the hard way, that playing this late is pretty volatile. Btw, it was a normal game, I don't play ranked yet. (And we only have Normal blind pick, ARAM, ranked soloQ and ranked teams.)

Ferga

Whoop. I beat a jungle nunu with Udyr.

I had a plan of never clearing my buffs if nunu stole them and didn't clear it. It was obvious I wouldn't be getting any buffs after he stole my first red buff.

This way, I just warded entrances and waited for him to come to the empty buff, waste his cooldowns on small lizards then I would maul his face in with tiger when he was trying to run out.

I went boots-double doran blade-pickaxe. Just melted him with 1 tiger proc.

I was ahead by 3.7k gold by the end of the game.

I like Kayle but its been a while since I have used her. I take some attack speed and then go AP so that her E late game just shreds people to bits. If you get jumped by an assassin you just pop your ult and kill them. What I like about it is that you can dish out the damage if your team needs it or because the build has good AP you can sit back and slow, healer/speed, ult shield if needed (or your support is useless.

Might have to start using her again in mid as I did have fun with her for a while.

I main support but since I hit 29 and have a lot more 30's in my game I get a lot more "premades" for bot.

Normally thats fine I will just play what ever is free (seems to be mid) but these "teams" support or terrible. They dont get sight stones, they just by a couple of wards and only ward the bush in their lane. They then spend the entire game giving you no sight (while when I try and ward the river as mid their support just wanders up and kills them because they are doing an actual decent job of it) and they bitch that everyone keeps getting ganked.

When Im support my main goal is movement and sight stone (then ruby stone) then I amek sure I have oricles up for removing enemy vision and after that its other support items or AP items depending on who I have when I have the spare change.

Sight is so damn important when the other team doesnt have it and you do.

Because of that I have been playing a lot of morgana mid. She holds the lane fantastically and then can set up a lot of kills when your teams support decides to be useless. Means I dont end up with a high kill count on games where we have a decent ADC or damage dealing top / jungles but thats fine. it is a team game and in solo queue you are going to get KS all the time so no point complaining about it. Stun from Q and her ult plus zondas has turned many a fight.

Azulsky

I used to run clarity years ago when i was leveling up to 30 and played Brand mid.

Then I just started going back to base. Then i figured out about this thing they call 'blue buff'.

rakhir

Despite not loving Kayle, i've mostly had really great games playing her. She is great for top if you don't need a top bruiser in your team.

Is Judgement skin for her only for season one and/or two veterans? Can you buy it normally in the store? I have it and it's prettier than Aether Wing skin.

I watched s2e1 of new girl

it sucked.

You know nothing, Boken.
One of the best comedy series currently running on television.

Ferga

I've played 18 udyr games in the last 4-5 days. I don't think I've played this much of a champ since Poppy.

Only 32 more games as him to overtake my old favourite jungler. Let's see if I get bored of this man bear pig

What runes and masteries setups do you Tiger/Doran's Blade start jungle Udyrs run? Want to try it for myself, but not sure about running flat AD marks and quints or AS marks or lifesteal quints etc.

Also I know some people spec utility, so wondering about optimal mastery specing.

Ferga

What runes and masteries setups do you Tiger/Doran's Blade start jungle Udyrs run? Want to try it for myself, but not sure about running flat AD marks and quints or AS marks or lifesteal quints etc.

Also I know some people spec utility, so wondering about optimal mastery specing.

I go AD reds, armour yellows, scaling mr blues, MS quints. 9/21 with 4 points in the cdr mastery.

Seriously if you play jungle Udyr without MS quints, I will personally fly out and slap yo god damn face.

I only start doran blade when i'm against utility junglers like nautilus, rammus, etc... or if the enemy top laner doesn't have flash or is a melee champ like darius or irelia

You need to get early jungle control with doran blade by stealing a buff or just running into the enemy jungler to kill them with 2 Tiger procs. It's just difficult to gank with it

If i'm against a strong early game jungler like jarvan/xin/elise, i'm getting boots/4pots. You need to countergank these guys. You can't let them snowball. And if you ever counter gank them, it's the easiest kill for you. I still buy a doran blade on my first b though.

At level 3, your tiger stance will instantly melt them. You just need the boots and red buff to chase em down and get that first blood.

And if you're vsing nunu, good luck.

Also a tip: keep your passive stacks during your first clear. Don't let 3 stacks go to waste. And build stacks as you are running to lane to gank. It's very important.

My usual build path is: boots-doran-ninja tabi-zephyr-bulwark
If I screw up in my ganks and don't snow ball then i'll go: boots-2 dorans-merc-bulwark
If I feed or if i'm behind: boots - spirit golem - bulwark. You ain't doing damage if you fell behind.

I'm guessing they pay like twice the amount as we do for RP, considering the original price is 355 RP.

But yeah, that is fucking cool.
Nope. Roughly the same. RP value is just different. $20 can get me around 900RP. Cheapest skin costs 30RP while ultimate skins cost 900RP.

They're cool now. They run a lot of events. There was one time where you had to win 10 games in a day for a skin. Big mistake to include AI wins so the server nearly died. Oh yeah people actually played Dominion because there was a contest for Dominion wins too.

They were really awful in the first months. Lots of champs could only be bought with RP. Cheapest champs cost 9600RP.

This is my current Udyr page, but it's generally for Phoenix:

D19zUqK.png

(I should really save up for that last MS quint...)

I'll try what you said.

-------------------------------------------------

Having started playing ADC again the last few days, I've realised why I stopped playing ADC ages ago. Nobody peels.

When your team would rather dive the 6000+ HP Cho'Gath instead of peeling the 300 cs+ Nasus and insanely tanky Volibear and Leona off you, a 19/9 full item Twitch, what the hell can I do?

Also holy wow Twitch is so strong.

Newt

This is my current Udyr page, but it's generally for Phoenix:

D19zUqK.png

(I should really save up for that last MS quint...)

I'll try what you said.

-------------------------------------------------

Having started playing ADC again the last few days, I've realised why I stopped playing ADC ages ago. Nobody peels.

When your team would rather dive the 6000+ HP Cho'Gath instead of peeling the 300 cs+ Nasus and insanely tanky Volibear and Leona off you, a 19/9 full item Twitch, what the hell can I do?

Always run cleanse or QSS against a nasus. You won't regret it.

Azulsky

Yeah that is pretty much the general page.

You can try doing weird things for blues instead of MR. He might be good with flat CDR blues like Xin is.

You usually end up getting a bunch of MR on Udyr anway

Yeah twitch might be the biggest PITA late game because his ult range lets him gib you before you or any divers can get to him.

Always run cleanse or QSS against a nasus. You won't regret it.

I did. I had BotRK and QSS. I would QSS the Wither or Leona stuns, and use BotRK on the Volibear charging at me, maybe kill one but one of them would eventually get to me and I'd be fucked.

Like, I know how to ADC, I know how to position myself, but when there's that much dive potential and your team just won't peel, it's horrible.

Boken

Banned

this is why we play ezreal, folks

and potentially, lucian.

Lord Phol

So I'm trying to get into Summoners Rift again after getting tired of how every game felt the same (in terms of how you must have a support role, an adc, a jungler etc.).
Of course I'm put into the role of support the first game. I really don't like being an underlevled wardwhore, it's just not fun for me. Is there anything I can do to enjoy that role more? Any specific character or playstyle or anything? :7

On another note, bought some RP, do Legendary skins ever go on sale? I'm guessing not.

Newt

I did. I had BotRK and QSS. I would QSS the Wither or Leona stuns, and use BotRK on the Volibear charging at me, maybe kill one but one of them would eventually get to me and I'd be fucked.

Like, I know how to ADC, I know how to position myself, but when there's that much dive potential and your team just won't peel, it's horrible.
Yeah, you're exactly right without team peel you're screwed. It's the reason Janna has such a high winrate too, she's built around peeling so she kinda forces you to make the correct decisions in a way.

Ken

So I'm trying to get into Summoners Rift again after getting tired of how every game felt the same (in terms of how you must have a support role, an adc, a jungler etc.).
Of course I'm put into the role of support the first game. I really don't like being an underlevled wardwhore, it's just not fun for me. Is there anything I can do to enjoy that role more? Any specific character or playstyle or anything? :7

On another note, bought some RP, do Legendary skins ever go on sale? I'm guessing not.

Stop viewing support as an "underleveled wardwhore" for a start.

Subtle

Question: I played a few ranked Janna games and my end game build was literally: Ruby Sightstone, Mobo Boots, and more wards. I was so damn squishy I would die in two hits. Any tips for when your this gold starved? The map was completely illuminated, but I felt useless otherwise.

Avinexus

Play support correctly and you won't be an 'underleveled wardwhore'.

Ocho

Stop viewing support as an "underleveled wardwhore" for a start.

This. There's more to support than just wards. Bot lane is basically decided by the support. Understand your role in teamfights and act accordingly. Mantain Dragon/Baron control. Keep up with timers. Smart engage.

Play aggressive supports if you think they aren't fun enough.

Newt

Question: I played a few ranked Janna games and my end game build was literally: Ruby Sightstone, Mobo Boots, and more wards. I was so damn squishy I would die in two hits. Any tips for when your this gold starved? The map was completely illuminated, but I felt useless otherwise.
You should try to get Aegis early if you're having problems, maybe a locket too. Aegis is definitely a must though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom