• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulsky

Thresh harasses more frequently because of his AA enhancer but as far as engaging its similar in that its heavily reliant on landing a skillshot and comboing that with a knockup.

Both are tankier type supports so you frontline more readily than you would with Sona/Janna/Lulu.

They teamfight very differently but like I said laning.

I dont think the dynamic is that different honestly. Both are inherently aggressive(as opposed to the other 3 i listed who can play out a lane passively), and they cater to high skill players.

scy

Being ranged changes everything on how you position and play in the lane. Their kill setup is similar, sure, but the most important parts of laning, the spacing and harassing, is completely different between the two.

Edit: Also, Sona, Janna, and Lulu are some of the more aggressive supports.

I've played a bit of Aatrox jungle and always built damage items only to get blown up. The main thing I see him doing that differed from me was building tank with a 21/9 mastery page and he was toggling the W like a boss. His damage is coming from W. Rather than keeping himself full health with the W heal, he was balancing himself around half health using the W for damage above half health and for heals below.

I was using the same runepage near the end. Started with attackspeed/movespeed standard page and that wasn't cutting it. The lifesteal + AD is better.

Snowballs hard.

Running attack speed on him is kinda redundant I feel because of how much attack speed he gets from his passive. He makes much better use of the AD and lifesteal.

Azulsky

You should be aggressive with any support provided your carry is working the same angle but melee's have much less influence if the lane turns sour than ranged. Even Thresh is kind of begging for the jungler if you get behind because he does nothing to passively augment the AD carry. All the others have something that you get to use when you are behind.

Being as tanky as he is with his passive and W shield I usually keep Thresh as far up as I would play Blitz. Both have spheres of pressure you use to force breathing room for the AD. Blitz a bit moreso due to the lower cast time of the hook. Both do well with pinking early to establish bush dominance.

Its pretty fair to say that a Thresh player would be comfortable playing Blitz and vice versa.

For a level 11 player you probably can almost play Blitz as an offtank. I dont know how strictly they adhere to the meta down there but you can probably afford to pick up items you would never see at higher levels.

I feel like you don't understand the laning styles of differnet supports if you can't see the massive difference between having a range support and a melee support. Your zoning and area of control are entirely different.

You can't harass with Blitz for one. You're all in you're zoning if hook's on cooldown. Same with someone like Leona. You're all in when you want to engage.

Thresh is very different. Yes he has the similar engage pattern with Blitz, but he has an entirely different zone of control and harassment game. as do Lulu, Janna and Sona.

scy

Its pretty fair to say that a Thresh player would be comfortable playing Blitz and vice versa.

It largely depends. With knowledge of the lane role a bit (and/or just of the game in general), I'd say so. It's easy to adapt to their differences then. But for someone new, I'd say the difference between range/melee in the support role would matter a lot.

Granted, at the same time, it's also newer players so there's a good chance the only thing that is relevant in the end is "a pull exists." If even that much, realistically.

Nev

Banned
So, there's this Tryndamere top who is disconnected for several minutes.

I don't push the lane, just farm and wait for him to reconnect. He reconnects and come to lane as level 1 while I was 6. I tell him I let him farm. My jungler comes to gank and get a free kill on him, but I tell him to leave him because he had a dc and we don't like when we get abused when we have dc.

Some minutes later I'm shitganked by their jungler (I didn't attack him while he farmed top in Tryndamere's ausence). Tryndamere kills me and I tell him that was sadly unfair. Minutes later mid comes too along with jungler and Tryndamere and they dive me. They say nothing in chat. They destroy my turret. They win the game eventually (mostly because my bot feds Vayne but whatever).

This community is CANCER.

I'll never be fair with anyone again in this fucking game.

Azulsky

I suppose with a new player it would be fair to start flask on him to help out with the mana instead of charm + wards.

Like I said at level 11 I have no idea if they stick to the meta so you could end up with Muramana, Banshees, IBG Blitz by the time a game is over.

Newt

I don't push the lane, just farm and wait for him to reconnect. He reconnects and come to lane as level 1 while I was 6. I tell him I let him farm. My jungler comes to gank and get a free kill on him, but I tell him to leave him because he had a dc and we don't like when we get abused when we have dc.

Some minutes later I'm shitganked by their jungler (I didn't attack him while he farmed top in Tryndamere's ausence). Tryndamere kills me and I tell him that was sadly unfair. Minutes later mid comes too along with jungler and Tryndamere and they dive me. They say nothing in chat. They destroy my turret. They win the game eventually (mostly because my bot feds Vayne but whatever).

To be honest, I think that's kinda your fault. These guys were just playing the game.

Edwardo

It sucks, but to be honest that's what you get for being kind. I've realized you just need to go for the W in this game and nothing else.

Blizzard

Banned
Abusing the other team's misfortune is the way the game goes, basically. Otherwise, when the luck turns the other way and you have two afk on your team, the other team may NOT be nice, so you'll lose that one too.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

In a football game you wouldn't go easy on the opponent's team because they lost their star quarterback, would you?

Ocho

Yeah, unfortunately it cost you a loss to learn that lesson. Was this ranked? In ranked anything goes (unless you're Diamond 1).

IsayFever

I can't find a video of it anywhere, but Taipei Snipers played against AHQ earlier today and OhReal played the best Lee Sin I've ever seen. Some of the craziest plays in recent memory. Really wish I could find the vod to link :x

Nev

Banned
Yes it was ranked. And yes I was stupid for not killing him when he was level 1 as soon as I obtained no response in chat.

Of course the "fair stance" wouldn't last the whole match (I told him at level 6 we could start playing normally again, something he didn't answer either), but don't call three of your mates to gank me with everything while I lasthit casually in the middle of the lane avoiding any harras or at least tell me that you don't care and you're going to act like a dc didn't happen.

Anyways, I learned the lesson. Never again fairness. And I feel bad because I know there are few players who would do the same, but sadly it's like the 15%.

drawkcaB

And I feel bad because I know there are few players who would do the same, but sadly it's like the 15%.

They'll learn their lesson too, in time. Next time, take every advantage you can when your opponents DC for the simple reason that having someone DC on your team and the opposing team roll you as a result will happen an equal amount of time. So, in it's own way, crushing that Tryndamere would be its own sort of fairness.

Azulsky

I would just keep playing the nice guy card and do the same thing you again if the situation happens.

No reason to turn callous and jaded over a videogame.

brian!

I would just keep playing the nice guy card and do the same thing you again if the situation happens.

No reason to turn callous and jaded over a videogame.

good man i like you

but in reality
jiS0hF0.gif

I DC'd for six minutes today and my team didn't rage at me. I'm very confused.

Last night I was Darius top against Jax, and I went 0/5 to start the game. My team was super understanding, nobody flamed me, etc etc.

But we had a Shaco that wanted to split push a bunch and missed some team fights. He got raged at and flamed every time. It was VERY confusing. I made some clear mistakes even after catching up a bit (ended up like 8/10) and never got called out for it.

It's a weird community, it is.

Azulsky

People DC all the time. 90% of the time its out of everyone's control and no one starts rage mode until the non-dcers begin harping on the poor guy.

I disconnected having fun from the victory splash screen a long time ago.

Edwardo

I love when the enemy team says something like 'OMG Draven AFK' in all chat. Honestly, why would you tell the enemy team that one of your players is afk or disconnected. Perfect time for them to push your towers while you're down a man.

Yes it was ranked. And yes I was stupid for not killing him when he was level 1 as soon as I obtained no response in chat.

Of course the "fair stance" wouldn't last the whole match (I told him at level 6 we could start playing normally again, something he didn't answer either), but don't call three of your mates to gank me with everything while I lasthit casually in the middle of the lane avoiding any harras or at least tell me that you don't care and you're going to act like a dc didn't happen.

Anyways, I learned the lesson. Never again fairness. And I feel bad because I know there are few players who would do the same, but sadly it's like the 15%.

If you wanted to play fair you would have to return to your base and wait until he got the same lvl and cs as you.
Which is also a pretty bullshit solution.
This genre is not build around people disconnecting for a longer amount of time and it is not fixable ingame.
In DotA there is a pause function (which is far superior to a surrender function Dota>LoL yo) which makes it possible to wait a couple of minutes for a player (I think the longest I ever waited for someone without anyone unpausing was like 11 minutes).
Pausing the game is really the only thing that can fix a dc.
Even if all players agreed to stay put at their bases until he returns it might benefit one team over the other.

Ocho

One game at about min 25 our jungler DCd. We were pretty strong by now, and when he came back almost 10 minutes later, we had baron and dropped three towers. That's a nice way to reconnect.

But yeah, I don't rage @ DC because 99% of the time, it's out of their control.

JesseZao

I'm going to perfect the AD Pet Class Malz. I'll check back with progress in a few weeks.

They don't know for sure I'm AD (unless they lolnexu ofc) because of my build order until 10-15 min in. Then it's too late and their T2 tower is gone.

Edit:

Start is very flexible depending on matchup.

Tear, BoC, Ionian /w eventual Cpt. Enchant are the first three items.

Then it's Bruta, LW, BT/BotRK.

Mid is faster, but top works as well. Ideally you'd have the other solo lane be AP (Elise for Total Pet Domination).

Basically you want Max CDR and a mana item with tons of AD/ArP (since Voidlings get 1:1 bonus AD).

People still melt while ulted because you can have 2/3 Voidlings going to town on them. I still haven't tried hybrid masteries, but I definitely need to get hybrid pen runes for the account I'm doing this on. The weakness of AP Malz is you're useless besides your cooldowns, but with AD you're always active, so I'm liking that. Anyway, I don't fear nerfs to Malz so he's a nice champ to try and master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom