• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
team assassins did indeed win

bokens drawing of the fortnight
pZL1dVM.png

lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]

ps: sorry im being so kill/death oriented, i know it's far from being the most important thing, it's just one of the limits of league not giving out lots of data. :p

ugh, just played another. went 0-0 but winning farm and tower hits. told my idiot support to stay passive since i knew she would walk in to leona and feed vayne. she didn't listen, 0-5 after 15 minutes.

annie came from mid and got destroyed in 1 sec by uberfed vayne. all blamed me for no help and 3 told me to go afk since i suck. (the enemy vayne told them that i played good and nida was at fault). nobody cared, so i left by request...

i hate this game.

edit: went back and won that shit 10-2-10

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
dear diary,
today i picked gangplank and the enemy took singed. i have a really hard time with this matchup, and it was exceptionally difficult to deal with because my W doesn't do much when their jungler is lee sin and the displacement from his kick + singed throw pushes me two screens away.

everyone on my team was good though and i did okay in lane, managing to maintain a decent cs and pick up a few kills on singed when his ult was down.

Azulsky

GP has pretty crazy lvl 1 stats. Throw in flat HP quints and just kill the other guy.

Otherwise just bankplank it and kill him later

dimb

GP has pretty crazy lvl 1 stats. Throw in flat HP quints and just kill the other guy.
eh, i would rather just run flat ad quints since i barely get any from my build. most people aren't dumb enough to try and 1v1 at level one, but if you can get an auto in then it's worth following up on. otherwise it's a waste of mana to try and harass with pistol.

for this game i had lee invading their red and coming for level two gank top though so can't be super aggressive.
gangplank seems like such an awkward character... like he ddoesnt seem to have any worthwhile skills
Nah, he's super underrated. Between his ultimate and his passive you have a pretty deadly combo of slows, and when grouped with other people Raise Morale is kind of crazy. +80 AD across your team for seven seconds and the 10% movespeed bonus. It makes for a really strong group engage.

Blizzard

Banned
Gangplank oranges are great. People may rage if you escape a Malzahar ult with it or something.

I finally reinstalled the LoL client and of course uninstalled Pando afterwards. Two silly questions:

1. How do you get to the comic people were mentioning? I don't see an obvious link from the client but I probably just overlooked it.

2. I changed to smartcast keybinds again, no indicators for maximum responsiveness, but didn't really change other settings. Are there any important settings I might have forgotten? I think there is a setting that avoids accidental right clicks on the map for instance. In particular, is there anything that makes right click moving less laggy? I had 81 ping on ARAM which is normal, but right clicking to move Miss Fortune felt like there was significant lag between when the marker appeared on the ground and when she would actually turn to face that direction. I have movement prediction turned off.

Azulsky

Against Lee and Singed together pray they stack the slows from Tempest and Goo so you can orange both in 1 slice.

I need to try him again on PBE with this new Avarice Blade + Hexdrinker Item

I always like that he had good MR itemization with Chalice and Visage beforehand, this item gives crit too!

Ocho

so what to do in ranked:

i play adc, very safe, outfarm, get 1-2 kills no death.

top, mid, jungle lose lane, give up 5 kills each.

20 min in, TF start and i have no chance since akalis and such 1 hit me because they have 6-10 kills.

Some games are simply lost, nothing you can do. If you're really good perhaps you can carry the game in teamfights but most of the time this isn't possible.

support is probably the easiest role to carry teams with in ranked and no, elo hell really does not exist.

Seriously, the CC supports bring to the table is a terror to solo queue teamwork. a nami/sona/zyra that can consistently hit a strong ult will win teamfights and win games. a thresh who can land a good pick will win games. supports are also the primary reason a bot lane will swing one way or another, by being the support you're putting yourself in the position of safeguarding the lowest level+highest gold value lane and enbsuring that your carry is the one that ramps up faster. if you're actually the better player, being support is a great idea. second only to jungle in terms of value brought to the early game and to teamfights.

Nope. Jungle is the easiest role to carry, a jungle can feed 2 of the 3 lanes. Support is possibly the worst simply for the fact that now matter how much CC you have, if your teammates suck, there's nothing you can do besides ward and get that clutch CC that won't do much to three fed enemies. Yes, I've 'carried' games as a support, but this only happens when your teammates know what they're doing.

dimb

1. How do you get to the comic people were mentioning? I don't see an obvious link from the client but I probably just overlooked it.
It was on the front page after you logged in but it's pulled now. Look it up online if you want, it's not really that interesting.

garath

Nope. Jungle is the easiest role to carry, a jungle can feed 2 of the 3 lanes. Support is possibly the worst simply for the fact that now matter how much CC you have, if your teammates suck, there's nothing you can do besides ward and get that clutch CC that won't do much to three fed enemies. Yes, I've 'carried' games as a support, but this only happens when your teammates know what they're doing.

Mid is the easiest role to carry with. Not only do you have influence over all 3 lanes, it's usually a champ with high burst, high mobility and as a solo laner you end up with among the most farm and xp.

Jungle CAN influence the game quite strongly and possibly carry but if your goal is to strictly carry the game, mid is the role you want.

Ocho

Mid is the easiest role to carry with. Not only do you have influence over all 3 lanes, it's usually a champ with high burst, high mobility and as a solo laner you end up with among the most farm and xp.

Jungle CAN influence the game quite strongly and possibly carry but if your goal is to strictly carry the game, mid is the role you want.

True. To be honest, I feel it's grabs between Jungle/Mid/Top. Depends on the champion. Bot lane is the worst lane to carry with IMO. I can see how Mid may be the best, now that you mention it, though.

I played too much Vayne. With a decent support I usually leave laning phase with 3-5 kills with 0-1 death.

But now I can't play other roles. I stalemate solo lanes at best and forget to pressure other lanes. Fall too many levels behind as jungler. Support is still decent.

I'm seeing waaaaayy too many support Fidds now. Probably half my games.

Ocho

I played too much Vayne. With a decent support I usually leave laning phase with 3-5 kills with 0-1 death.

But now I can't play other roles. I stalemate solo lanes at best and forget to pressure other lanes. Fall too many levels behind as jungler. Support is still decent.

I'm seeing waaaaayy too many support Fidds now. Probably half my games.

I'm 9-2 with Fiddles support. 13 armor, 26 AP, 7.8 MP = lane domination. Early game I pretty much control bot lane. 5-0-25 masteries. My FOTM, I will see how far he gets me.

Edwardo

I started playing Varus in ranked and i'm loving it so far. 3-0 over the past two days with him. Landing a Q or two puts their adc on the run. I've beaten Ezreal twice with him and he's usually the adc that gives me the most trouble. He seems easy enough against Vayne too, and that's nice because there's a Vayne in every other game nowadays.

garath

I started playing Varus in ranked and i'm loving it so far. 3-0 over the past two days with him. Landing a Q or two puts their adc on the run. I've beaten Ezreal twice with him and he's usually the adc that gives me the most trouble. He seems easy enough against Vayne too, and that's nice because there's a Vayne in every other game nowadays.

I just bought him. If I have to adc I've been going Trist now that MF is pretty much bottom tier. I just play passive and late game stomp.

I'd like to learn Varus but it's a struggle getting the adc games in.

makako

Neo Member
He called me a noob for ganking bot lane and not killing him. I did, however, kill his support 3 times and made him burn flash constantly and his support's exhaust.

These are pretty successful ganks.

Plus his mid lane ahri was all of his team's damage since he was down by ~30cs and by 2 levels.

How he failed to see any of this is why I question his position in plat 2.

lol now i get it.
It is because i had no idea about what had happened so the commentary was half empty...
well... they're everywhere lol

Ashkeloth

Just dropping in again to say a big thank you to all those who helped me out on some of the basics by answering my questions. While I won't be able to actually start playing for a couple of days (not mentioning the fact I probably have a lot of guides to read and tutorials to watch, and that's before even playing against bots), I've certainly got a better grip on the terms, roles and generally what I should be doing and looking out for.

From the descriptions, It sounds like I'll probably like either tank or support roles the most. Jungling sounds overly complex for someone new to the game, and carry sounds too razor's edge for me. Generally speaking, I don't want to be a pain in the ass or a glory hog, which sounds like what carries are good for.

Luckily, despite how venomous a reputation this community seems to have, I'm good at cutting away pointless bitching and finding then taking into account any constructive criticism, so hopefully that's one aspect of the game I won't have trouble with.

Thanks again for all the help.

Just dropping in again to say a big thank you to all those who helped me out on some of the basics by answering my questions. While I won't be able to actually start playing for a couple of days (not mentioning the fact I probably have a lot of guides to read and tutorials to watch, and that's before even playing against bots), I've certainly got a better grip on the terms, roles and generally what I should be doing and looking out for.

From the descriptions, It sounds like I'll probably like either tank or support roles the most. Jungling sounds overly complex for someone new to the game, and carry sounds too razor's edge for me. Generally speaking, I don't want to be a pain in the ass or a glory hog, which sounds like what carries are good for.

Luckily, despite how venomous a reputation this community seems to have, I'm good at cutting away pointless bitching and finding then taking into account any constructive criticism, so hopefully that's one aspect of the game I won't have trouble with.

Thanks again for all the help.

If you subscribe to Riot's youtube channel and do some verification thing on their website, you'll get Alistar for free. Since you seem to want to go towards playing a tanky character or the support role, he could be perfect for you to start learning the ropes on. Alistar excels at absorbing damage and peeling for carries. Look into some Alistar guides and see if he's right for you.

Edwardo

If you subscribe to Riot's youtube channel and do some verification thing on their website, you'll get Alistar for free. Since you seem to want to go towards playing a tanky character or the support role, he could be perfect for you to start learning the ropes on. Alistar excels at absorbing damage and peeling for carries. Look into some Alistar guides and see if he's right for you.

You can get Tristana for free as well if you Like their Facebook page from the website.

Ashhong

So I just noticed the DOTA thread is still in regular Gaming section, any reason they havent been moved to community like this thread?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I want to see C9 go against some real competition eventually. I wonder how they would fare against Koreans.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
cos favourtism

whats the time for releases to go to community?

"technically" they officially released last week or so

It's a month.

We'll be in the leper's colony soon enough.

I want to see C9 go against some real competition eventually. I wonder how they would fare against Koreans.

They might take a game or two, but otherwise they'll get smashed.

All KR final baby.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They might take a game or two, but otherwise they'll get smashed.

All KR final baby.

Don't count out the Chinese and Taiwanese teams. They've been showing some promising results lately.

Kenai

So I just noticed the DOTA thread is still in regular Gaming section, any reason they havent been moved to community like this thread?

I'm guessing cause the different betas technically mean new topics and thus threads? That's the only thing I can think of. It should be here soon.

Edit: yea I have no idea how the betas work in that game either, don't try to figure it out.

Ferga

I just had an adc who threw an entire game and kept saying this

HOW CAN WE GROUP IF SINGED IS TOP?

He then continues to keep going top and dying to singed while we do objectives and get inhibitors but we couldnt get nexus turrets because we have no range. Trist keeps dying at top and they eventually push it all the way in and win.

I really fuckin hate it when i feed the wrong allies.

And that sadly ended my 15 game win streak with Udyr jungle. I'm so sad :(

Ferga

I let someone else jungle for the first time in 25games and he goes 0/5 in less than 10minutes and afks.

Holy fuck.

There goes my promo to plat 3 sighhh

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I just had an adc who threw an entire game and kept saying this

HOW CAN WE GROUP IF SINGED IS TOP?

He then continues to keep going top and dying to singed while we do objectives and get inhibitors but we couldnt get nexus turrets because we have no range. Trist keeps dying at top and they eventually push it all the way in and win.

I really fuckin hate it when i feed the wrong allies.

And that sadly ended my 15 game win streak with Udyr jungle. I'm so sad :(

May be your adc is trying to summon captain planet saving the top lane from all dat pollutions.

If only you and your team follow him up there, yet all you want to do is destroy enemy nexus and completely disregard all the pollution in summoner's rift. Why you gotta be so greedy rex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom