• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned

larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

Don't you guys just fucking love it when trading gets bugged and I end up with top Sona and support Ryze. It's quite amazing how bad a video game client can be sometimes.

Blizzard

Banned
I played LoL for the first time in like a month instead of using my time in wiser ways. The game is so difficult now, I don't know what to do!

I did eventually get to win with Teemo though. I picked him against a Singed, and though I didn't manage to kill the Singed much, and Singed still got like double the farm of anyone else on his team, he did complain about me playing Teemo so I think that is a moral victory.

Cystm

ibmp4wb4hypNMj.png

Had an Udyr backdoor last turret and inhib despite my pings and text. My team sat at their inhib trying to get kills from their respawn instead of finishing. Prior to that, I spent the last half of the game trying to get them to work as a team and play smart, but everyone wanted to go off and over extend because we won a few teamfights.

Hopefully my next team isn't as bad.

Edit: I wish this game offered match replays like Dota 2 does.

Edit: I wish this game offered match replays like Dota 2 does.

Soon™

They have been testing replays in PBE since ehh February? not sure. I don't know how exactly are replays in doto, but as far as I remember, replays will be the same as spectating, but for games in match history.

gillFTR

I posted here awhile back after 4000+ hours of Dota 2(almost 1500 wins), I was going to try some LoL again. Thanks boken for some helpful links

It has sucked me back in, for a while I had loathing for this game. Just great fun and ill post my synopsis of what I came to realize a bit later.

Cystm

Soon™

They have been testing replays in PBE since ehh February? not sure. I don't know how exactly are replays in doto, but as far as I remember, replays will be the same as spectating, but for games in match history.

That sounds great. Hopefully they get it ironed out soon.

Ferga

So I gank top but he flashes out with 20hp. I run back to my jungle and he dies to minions while farming at turret and I get first blood.

What is this elo

Boken

Banned
in the pro world?
people were learning how to play against mf comps + the mini nerf

in solo queue?
probably because shes not in pro games anymore

Blizzard

Banned
What on earth has Riot done to the ARAM map? I have a 4.2 GHz overclocked 3570k, and a GTX 770. I turned vsync off because that was the only suggestion I have seen that gets rid of lag between when you click the map and when champions actually turn in that direction. It seemed to get rid of the lag, and in Summoner's Rift it goes 100-120 fps as expected, but on the ARAM map it still drops under 60. It dropped to 40-60 on my old system, but the new one is far more powerful...is there any chance this is due to server issues or the map or something?

Boken

Banned
You don't get fps issues due to latency

It might be that you have stable fps checked?

Howling abyss is pretty system intensive though. Might be the physx of the crumbling bridge or the snow

Telaso

Banned
What on earth has Riot done to the ARAM map? I have a 4.2 GHz overclocked 3570k, and a GTX 770. I turned vsync off because that was the only suggestion I have seen that gets rid of lag between when you click the map and when champions actually turn in that direction. It seemed to get rid of the lag, and in Summoner's Rift it goes 100-120 fps as expected, but on the ARAM map it still drops under 60. It dropped to 40-60 on my old system, but the new one is far more powerful...is there any chance this is due to server issues or the map or something?

Are you on the 320.14 driver? I Dropped back down to 312 or whatever and it fixed all lag ive had on league.

Blizzard

Banned
Are you on the 320.14 driver? I Dropped back down to 312 or whatever and it fixed all lag ive had on league.

I'm using 320.49.

You don't get fps issues due to latency

It might be that you have stable fps checked?

Howling abyss is pretty system intensive though. Might be the physx of the crumbling bridge or the snow
I don't see why it should be system intensive over a pretty high-graphics card and a 4.2 GHz quad core though. I'd have to run some monitor programs to see if it's even maxing out CPU/GPU usage.

I'm guessing you're joking about PhysX -- or does League of Legends actually use that for the bridge? I'll look for the stable fps option at any rate, thanks.

And yeah, you SHOULDN'T get FPS issues due to latency, but I didn't know if the League of Legends engine did something weird where it wouldn't render properly if the server communication was stuttery. I didn't have any other explanations given the way it looks, the way other games perform, and the system it's running on, but I'd welcome any insight especially if the Riot people still read this forum.

tafer

Weird, I have a 2600k + GTX 670 (314.22) and I have no issues at all.

Oh and Nami is god like, I can't believe it took me this long to finally start playing her.

Telaso

Banned
Its his driver. I'm on dual 680s while streaming in 1080p and i have no lag on the aram map. If he drops his driver it will fix everything most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom