• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Annoying. Every single teamfight I get dived by Pantheon and Elise then get focus fired by Tristana. I had to rush Zhonya and Distortion for Flash. 3 globals is just so damn strong.
ffwjAOR.jpg

I was pretty much building more for safety so I ditched damage. Surprisingly I still did the most damage even if I kept getting instaggibed until I got my Zhonya. Liandry so stronk.

---

Also, am I the only one who really likes the OGN Pick/Ban music? It's so funky. I really want to get a higher quality mp3 copy.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i played a ranked game against an armour/mr per level sion ADC. he went 0/3 in lane and built doran's shield, zephyr, phantom dancer and statikk shiv. he was almost impossible to kill for the rest of the game. if the final score hadn't been 46-7, he probably would have carried. scary.

DeadNames

Banned
So. Annoying. Every single teamfight I get dived by Pantheon and Elise then get focus fired by Tristana. I had to rush Zhonya and Distortion for Flash. 3 globals is just so damn strong.

I was pretty much building more for safety so I ditched damage. Surprisingly I still did the most damage even if I kept getting instaggibed until I got my Zhonya. Liandry so stronk.

---

Also, am I the only one who really likes the OGN Pick/Ban music? It's so funky. I really want to get a higher quality mp3 copy.

You just got... Baked.

---

Wukong seems like such a hard character to play top
Lane. He doesn't really have a poke and his pseudo poke (lunging, going invisible) seems really mana reliant.

scy

Lane. He doesn't really have a poke and his pseudo poke (lunging, going invisible) seems really mana reliant.

To be fair, his mana costs aren't absurdly high and it's a fairly high damage combo to E -> Auto Attack -> Q (since it resets his AA timer) and then walk / W away. If you're E->W without the AA+Q then I suppose I can see it being problematic on your mana since you're not actually hurting them with it.

joshuahouck

Neo Member
You just got... Baked.

---

Unfortunately for Wukong, there are just a lot of champs that can shut him down, at this point in time. I can usually out lane a Wukong with Darius, Renekton or Riven with little effort. He ends up having to play too passive and doesn't get the early farm he needs and unless he gets some fed kills from his team, he's playing catch up for the rest of the game.

DeadNames

Banned
To be fair, his mana costs aren't absurdly high and it's a fairly high damage combo to E -> Auto Attack -> Q (since it resets his AA timer) and then walk / W away. If you're E->W without the AA+Q then I suppose I can see it being problematic on your mana since you're not actually hurting them with it.

Yeah thats what I was thinking you could do but compared to other champs he just seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Another thing, is kennen considered op?

Azulsky

Kennen has always been really good toplane. He just gets forgotten about for 6 months at a time.

Wukong is actually played better as a midlaner in my opinion.

Kennen has always been really good toplane. He just gets forgotten about for 6 months at a time.

Wukong is actually played better as a midlaner in my opinion.

I think hes fine in both situations.

When I play top wukong, if I find myself in a bad lane matchup I rush warmogs/sunfire first and then build from there. If the lane is fine, I've had fun building elder lizard and then tank deeps. He's got a lot of natural armor pen and his initiation into teamfights is so valuable imo.

drawkcaB

It's pretty uncommon to see, but Wukong is actually a great mid laner since he has potential access to blue buff. At that point he's a menace to lots of common mid laners.

He's a very strong pick.

scy

Yeah thats what I was thinking you could do but compared to other champs he just seems like you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Mind you, he has his issues since he's positioned as a "bruiser" but he's more of an Assassin with a teamfight CC ult so a lot of proper bruisers tend to just deal with him very well. Mana just isn't necessarily a big issue for him, however.

More or less, Kennen is one of the top tier laners in general. Good ranged control, brings solid hard CC via his ult/passive, and is safe enough in lane.

Azulsky

I dont think Kennen is really op in the way that Elise/Ryze/Jayce are/were.

If the duration on his mark got reduced(I think it is on PBE) then i guess the whining can stop. He doesnt do anything particularly amazing in lane that a decent subset of AD carries could also not do and I dont think people should go picking Renekton willy nilly and expect to have every matchup handed to them. Champions have counters.

The next thing they will take away is his Armor/Resist on his E active.

It will probably get worse though now because your team cant build a Bulwark.

Newt

I dont think Kennen is really op in the way that Elise/Ryze/Jayce are/were.

If the duration on his mark got reduced(I think it is on PBE) then i guess the whining can stop. He doesnt do anything particularly amazing in lane that a decent subset of AD carries could also not do and I dont think people should go picking Renekton willy nilly and expect to have every matchup handed to them. Champions have counters.

The next thing they will take away is his Armor/Resist on his E active.

It will probably get worse though now because your team cant build a Bulwark.
True, but the whole issue here is melee top laners getting phased out of the game. Kennen is contributing to that issue. Counters are okay, but a champion not being viable just because they're melee isn't.

Azulsky

Jayce is getting nerfed right?

He is being conceptually reworked now by Xypherous.

On live he is nerfed due to Tear/Manamume stacking nerfs and his R not counting any more. I believe his Gate was also given a longer Cooldown and the % damage boost to Q reduced.

The last I heard on the conceptual rework was removing his free pen on R and removing levels from his R entirely and making him 3 skill, 6 level character with R just being a toggle.

True, but the whole issue here is melee top laners getting phased out of the game. Kennen is contributing to that issue. Counters are okay, but a champion not being viable just because they're melee isn't.

Well KR top laners make him look amazing because they actually get him to 400+ AP by endgame and that lvl 16 Maelstrom is painful. Most of his laning issues have revolved around the Dorans Blade start that make him oppressive through autoattacks. I can see why he is an issue against hulks like Darius and Volibear but against gapclosers like J4 and Renekton I feel like its a higher skill requirement on the melee's part. To me his most glaring 'issue' is his safe laning and then his astoundingly good teamfight rather than being overpowered in lane.

He only has a 50% winrate in NALCS and 48% in EULCS and his highest win% division is gold with 52%. Not too offensive imo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He only has a 50% winrate in NALCS and 48% in EULCS and his highest win% division is gold with 52%. Not too offensive imo.
Kennen doesn't have that kind of win rate in gold. I hardly ever see him either. I don't really think he's a problem.

scy

Kennen's "problem" is how well he scales with the rest of your team. The better the rest of his team is, the more massive his ult ends up being.

Ghost23

Well I have been playing Graves as my carry. He is very fun, but his range is pretty weak and is very bursty. Would Ezreal be a good carry to complement Graves?

And what is this "blue build" for Ezreal?

Newt

Well I have been playing Graves as my carry. He is very fun, but his range is pretty weak and is very bursty. Would Ezreal be a good carry to complement Graves?

Well currently it's a core build of muramana, iceborn gauntlet, CDR boots. I usually finish up with last whisper, guardian angel and BoTRK.

drawkcaB

Seems like learning Cait or Varus would be a better complement to your Graves experience.

dimb

He's definitely on the lower tier of damage no matter how you build him. His 50% AS passive is nothing compared to what some of the other adcs have.
It's a really strong passive. I'm not sure what you are looking for. Ez has an incredible damage output.
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=54847-xwildturtle-ezreal-build-guide
Don't build Spirit of the Elder Lizard anymore though. I guess the first back is all wrong but whatever, you get the idea.

Ghost23

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=54847-xwildturtle-ezreal-build-guide
Don't build Spirit of the Elder Lizard anymore though. I guess the first back is all wrong but whatever, you get the idea.

So should my first back be Tear of the Goddess and boots or something to that extent?

worst character in the game. i always make a point to kill whoever plays him at any cost. WORTH IT

Don't pick him up, don't be "that" guy.

Can you explain?

Newt

It's a really strong passive. I'm not sure what you are looking for. Ez has an incredible damage output.
In comparison Tristana has a 90% AS buff with her Q, Graves has a 70% attack speed buff with his E. Sivir gains a 60% attack speed buff with her ult. Draven gets a 40% attack speed with is w, but has extra damage from his Qs 85% AD bonus. I'm not arguing that he has low damage, it's just on the lower end compared to other carries.

dimb

So should my first back be Tear of the Goddess and boots or something to that extent?
Yeah, that works. If you are falling behind I would just say to pick up Vamp Scepter and build in a more traditional way.
Can you explain?
His butt. It hurts.
In comparison Tristana has a 90% AS buff with her Q, Graves has a 70% attack speed buff with his E. Sivir gains a 60% attack speed buff with her ult. Draven gets a 40% attack speed with is w, but has extra damage from his Qs 85% AD bonus. I'm not arguing that he has low damage, it's just on the lower end compared to other carries.
Most of those can't be kept up consistently. There are other AD carries that have no attack speed boost. AD carries are unique and have their own flavor. Ezreal brings poke and kite potential most other AD carries can't match, and he has high potential as a duelist and pusher, along with having a strong team fight. He is also one of the few AD carries that is strong at all phases of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom