• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
0znX4oh.jpg

got reasonably ahead, so i figured i'd try ap zyra support after the bulwark.

so ends my series. :(

only down to 90lp tho.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Oh. I just now realized you post on that other site. Sorry about your series.
may have been slightly possibly my fault in a tiny bit.

but yeah ive been posting there for awhile now. mostly just the bets things. always fun to see the responses.

Q8D3vil

may have been slightly possibly my fault in a tiny bit.

but yeah ive been posting there for awhile now. mostly just the bets things. always fun to see the responses.

all of your teammates bought bad items (except kha)so i wont blame it on you especially when your team dont have ap damage to mix it up.

Won one, lost one. Why.jpg Our Fiddle insisted on using Crowstorm to clear creep waves -not teamfights :/

Edit: NVM, it wouldn't let me pick a champ in champ select and now i've lost my series. Brilliant.

scy

I thought Fiora was generally considered one of the worst champs in the game...?

Being bad / worse than other picks does not necessarily mean that they're completely useless and never able to do anything. It's just that there's a lot of bad matchups and what they bring to the table can be done better by others without the same drawbacks.

Q8D3vil

I thought Fiora was generally considered one of the worst champs in the game...?
She is like any other melee carry a late game monster of she can reach it safely, but she outright loses to bruisers (Garen, Renekton, Irelia and udyr).
then again, you dont see players in rank utilize bruisers to their maximum power.

DeadNames

Banned
She is like any other melee carry a late game monster of she can reach it safely, but she outright loses to bruisers (Garen, Renekton, Irelia and udyr).
then again, you dont see players in rank utilize bruisers to their maximum power.

I also thought bruisers were useless in the current meta... at least that's what everyone says.

Nev

Banned
w35v.jpg

Christ Almighty.

Yes, it is true: Riot throws you bad players when you're next to promo, and the absolute worst when you're in promo.

Oh well. Keep trying until I don't get a wooden-score team I guess.

drawkcaB

I also thought bruisers were useless in the current meta... at least that's what everyone says.

This community largely lives in a negative feedback loop fed by copious amounts of exaggeration and false equivalencies (e.g. what is true in competitive LoL is true and only true in all ranks of soloqueue).

If there's a bruiser you like to play, and you do well and you feel that your pick is a positive for your team, then play it.

Subtle

Yay finished all my placement matches and got into Silver IV :D. It's all probably downhill from here but let's find out!

Congrats! I've been in and out of Silver 5 and 4 recently, but I'm close to getting to Silver 3 ATM. Gold doesn't seem that impossible.

Edit: Yeah a lot of unviable things work in solo queue.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
This community largely lives in a negative feedback loop fed by copious amounts of exaggeration and false equivalencies (e.g. what is true in competitive LoL is true and only true in all ranks of soloqueue).

If there's a bruiser you like to play, and you do well and you feel that your pick is a positive for your team, then play it.

bruisers are doing fine in competitive LoL, attempts to rationalize the actions of soloq are hopeless. They're the type of crazy person who yells that the walls are moving when they're standing outside.

drawkcaB

bruisers are doing fine in competitive LoL, attempts to rationalize the actions of soloq are hopeless. They're the type of crazy person who yells that the walls are moving when they're standing outside.

Yeah, absolutely. When I read the statement a half dozen immediately popped in my head. Could have doubled the amount of viable bruisers if I had given it a minute's thought.

On a different note, there's a red soliciting feedback for Skarner. I'm willing to bet they're timing his changes to come out around the same time as battlecast skarner, which is so instabuy for me I'd pay in advance if I could.

(Tank treads for feet and a laser canon for tail. Riot plz)

DeadNames

Banned
What champs do you guys feel the best about when they're on your team? For me it would be:

Top: jayce
Mid: orianna/ahri
ADC: Caitlyn
Support: nami/thresh
Jungle: j4

what are the champions that people only really play when they're forced into a role they don't want to play?

All I can think of is support janna and top garen. maybe adc ashe?

what are the champions that people only really play when they're forced into a role they don't want to play?

All I can think of is support janna and top garen. maybe adc ashe?

Wait, what?

Janna is one of the best supports, period. Ashe and Garen, while not exactly popular, I wouldn't consider terrible.

Really it's the support Lux/Nidalee that lets you know "I really wanted to play Mid" or Mid (AD) Ezreal/Vayne for the "I really wanted to play ADC".

There's also Top Vayne for the "CLG did it so it must be good" crew.

Telaso

Banned
Jannas global passive is pretty strong still if you go with a gank heavy jungler. She'll phase out pretty much completely if they go through with the remove all globals from the game things. Same with Shen.

Wait, what?

Janna is one of the best supports, period. Ashe and Garen, while not exactly popular, I wouldn't consider terrible.

Really it's the support Lux/Nidalee that lets you know "I really wanted to play Mid" or Mid (AD) Ezreal/Vayne for the "I really wanted to play ADC".

There's also Top Vayne for the "CLG did it so it must be good" crew.

Not at all saying that Janna and Ashe are terrible, hell, I play Ashe when I ADC, but it's just that those seem to be the champs that people own for those roles if they don't play them very much.

Subtle

Jannas global passive is pretty strong still if you go with a gank heavy jungler. She'll phase out pretty much completely if they go through with the remove all globals from the game things. Same with Shen.

They damn better not remove globals like Shen's ultimate or Ashe's ultimate. Global passives I really don't care much for since it's just invisible power.

They damn better not remove globals like Shen's ultimate or Ashe's ultimate. Global passives I really don't care much for since it's just invisible power.

Global abilities like Shen, Ashe, and TF's ultis are nowhere near as problematic as global passives. You can screw those ults up. You can't screw Janna's passive up. It gives your entire team an advantage for no reason.

Newt

What champs do you guys feel the best about when they're on your team? For me it would be:

Top: jayce
Mid: orianna/ahri
ADC: Caitlyn
Support: nami/thresh
Jungle: j4
Top: Draven
Mid: Draven/Draaaven
ADC: Draven
Support: Darius
Jungle: Draven

Anyways, for some reason I got in a game with everyone in silver division other than me.
Aj1afg5.jpg

Sheik

got reasonably ahead, so i figured i'd try ap zyra support after the bulwark.

so ends my series. :(

only down to 90lp tho.

Have you tried Zyra mid? I never see anyone playing her mid. I'm not sure how viable she is considered to be, but I think her kit is really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom