• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know how to use her, yeah. She deals a fuck load of damage if you know how to maximise it.

I'd say she has a pretty high skill floor, but her kit's strong and she's incredibly fun. Worth learning.

Yeah I played her a lil during her free week and she's super fun, waiting for her sale to pick her up. I just don't get why she's not more popular.

Yeah I played her a lil during her free week and she's super fun, waiting for her sale to pick her up. I just don't get why she's not more popular.

High skill floor, low win rate, hard to maximise damage unless you're good with her etc. etc.

Gamma's right, Darius would be more of a pub stomper. It wouldn't really be fair to call her a pub stomper because she actually requires skill to be good with. I still suck with her.

Blizzard

Banned
Riven used to be my favorite champion, probably. I played like 100 games with her and took notes on results, though I don't think my win rate was that good. I think she got nerfed a while back though.

Darius may be good for kills, but you're not allowed to play him unless you have an incredibly toxic personality, along the lines of Yi or Xin players. Acceptable Darius behavior typically involves always staying top, refusing to ever join your team in fights, and if you do happen to end up near them, making sure to steal any kills with your ult so they don't get much gold and you can blame them because your score is better. :p

Darius may be good for kills, but you're not allowed to play him unless you have an incredibly toxic personality, along the lines of Yi or Xin players. Acceptable Darius behavior typically involves always staying top, refusing to ever join your team in fights, and if you do happen to end up near them, making sure to steal any kills with your ult so they don't get much gold and you can blame them because your score is better. :p

I can confirm from my days in the depths of EUNE that this is in fact true.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TUISIei.jpg

our team was losing so bad early on, but team fight gangplank is unmatched in power. most damage, most healing, most damage taken, fewest deaths in the game, most fun had.

stealth another quinn is garbage post. wwwwwwww

Riven used to be my favorite champion, probably. I played like 100 games with her and took notes on results, though I don't think my win rate was that good. I think she got nerfed a while back though.

my typical strategy for playing darius in teamfights is mashing R while yelling "I GOTTA GET THE RESETS" into my advanced speech-to-text program so that I am able to dunk nooblords and yell at my team in chat at the same time

Ghost23

I don't know what is wrong (my internet is usually fine), but whenever I go into a fight, %75 of the time it starts to DC and I can't move my champion. You can believe this is EXTREMELY annoying.

dimb

She had the most kills on her team, more gold and CS than any of your team except you. Seems to me like her team let her down.
If you are in this situation it's your job to carry. Her damage output was low and her ability set left her incapable of avoiding me or getting in to do enough damage to targets she could kill.

Her build was shit but if she was any other AD carry the game might have been much easier for the enemy team.

If you are in this situation it's your job to carry. Her damage output was low and her ability set left her incapable of avoiding me or getting in to do enough damage to targets she could kill.

Her build was shit but if she was any other AD carry the game might have been much easier for the enemy team.

You way underestimate her damage. If she'd have built a BT instead of that IE it would probably have been an entirely different story.

BlazinAm

Playing Teemo is such a guilty pleasure. I love splitpushing. :( Once I get my Hurricane it's happy fun times.

Starting to dig bruisery builds more (BorK, Mallet, Wits).
Teemo would be better off with a zephyr than a Hurricane but in the end with botrk and wits and teemo's w and passive you will nearing the attack speed cap anyway. Mallet offers so much for Teemo due to the fact that his kit offers soft CC so makes it easier for Teemo to kite players.

BlazinAm

Viktor is amazing. God damn. Just go Liandry's, Void, and Athene's and poke all day for massive burn damage.
Deathcap on top of augment death ray and of course Liandry's is a nice touch. Does anyone know if you can still stack two Death caps or is that's no no. Also it is pretty funny to see someone on hit you with ignite and then you use your q so you have a shield to take the damage.

Einbroch

Banned
Deathcap on top of augment death ray and of course Liandry's is a nice touch. Does anyone know if you can still stack two Death caps or is that's no no. Also it is pretty funny to see some on hit you with ignite and then you use your q so you have a shield to take the damage.

You can for maximum AP, but it's a waste as another item that has other effects beside AP would be a much better use of the slot.

Don't do it unless you're in a custom/private game and going for shits and giggles.

BlazinAm

You can for maximum AP, but it's a waste as another item that has other effects beside AP would be a much better use of the slot.

Don't do it unless you're in a custom/private game and going for shits and giggles.
Double deathcaps is a no no but I think the passive from two of them stacks which is kinda crazy But yeah it is not a recommended build path.

Einbroch

Banned
Double deathcaps is a no no but I think the passive from two of them stacks which is kinda crazy But yeah it is not a recommended build path.

No, the passives are unique and do not stack.

You do get the original +30% on the second deathcap, but you don't get +60% or whatever. It just multiplies your max AP by 1.30.

dimb

You way underestimate her damage. If she'd have built a BT instead of that IE it would probably have been an entirely different story.
It wouldn't have made a huge difference. Even before the game spun around her kill potential and damage output was just low compared to what else is out there and strong like Vayne and Twitch. I could outduel her by a landslide, poke her before she was even close to being in range, and I also brought ten times the utility and AOE damage to fights.

There are cool things about Quinn but she doesn't have the control in a fight that other champions do, and her specialty is bringing out the mop on team fights that are already won. Without an ultimate that can be utilized well in late game team fights she is inherently inferior to other AD carries.

Subtle

One time a Gangplank in my team was something like 13/5 and the enemy Kha Zix was 4/lots of deaths. GP finds Kha in jungle and tries to duel him. He loses. My perception of Gangplank has been pretty negative after that day lol. Good to see he's not as bad as I had thought.

Ken

i dunno if i want to buy it. i should have gotten toy soldier when i had the chance.

they re-released that last christmas right? i was looking at what gp skins i had and had toy and codplank, even though i dont remember buying toyplank

dimb

they re-released that last christmas right? i was looking at what gp skins i had and had toy and codplank, even though i dont remember buying toyplank
That time frame sounds right. Toy is a cool idea but pretty junk on the execution.

Newt

Don't usually agree with dimb too often, but he's right. They would have had a better chance with any other adc.

dimb

Musician

Not sure how I feel about the aegis/locket merge. I liked the dynamics of being able to start locket if the jungler went aegis. I guess I'll just have to go shurelyas every time now. Even less choice for us supports :(

dimb

I miss Atmogs/Triforce/IE Gangplank, not gonna lie. I don't quite get the synergy between Wit's/Shiv either.
you attack lots, so you get lots of procs. also wit's is good for keeping gp passive, ult, and on hit damage relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom