• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Playful/Trickster

•Fixed a bug that occasionally caused rapid casts to deal no damage
Is this the thing where sometimes I would E minions with Fizz and it would do absolutely nothing to them? That would occasionally drive me bananas. I could have sworn I wasn't just missing them.

Elise nerfs, oh happy day.

Call of the Void

•Missile visibility from fog of war and brush now consistent with other missiles
Does this mean invisible Malz silence wall because I think it does.

I'm curious to see how Ultimate AD Power Pseudo Zed Master Yi works out.

Banshee's veil for non-mana users, I'm okay with this!

...return of Moonflair Spellblade!

•Vilemaw no longer twitches when players leave his lair
I don't know what to think of this.

garath

I like the Elise nerfs. Gotta play her to see it for sure but I think it will start reducing her popularity in lower elo.

I like that they didn't hit her power. They'll make counter play easier by making the spiderlings more predictable and clean up that mess rappel.

I fear this isn't the only nerf coming though. I hate that she became popular.

Not sure how I feel about the aegis/locket merge. I liked the dynamics of being able to start locket if the jungler went aegis. I guess I'll just have to go shurelyas every time now. Even less choice for us supports :(

You get more choice now. You save gold and an item slot with both of those items being merged, letting you take other items.

Wit's End Nautilus, here I come.

JesseZao

I like the Elise nerfs. Gotta play her to see it for sure but I think it will start reducing her popularity in lower elo.

I like that they didn't hit her power. They'll make counter play easier by making the spiderlings more predictable and clean up that mess rappel.

I fear this isn't the only nerf coming though. I hate that she became popular.

No more hilarious fountain diving ;_;

FoxSpirit

So, the AD Carries are now Marksmen. Good to know :p

And good god, ARAM players will great big, salty tears over those Yi changes. No unlimited healing anymore.

No Runic Bulwark. Tougher turrets at start.

Huge patch.

Burt

Any ideas/guides for new Yi floating around?

New Spirit Visage is gross. I just don't see a point in it with Banshee's now.

Edit: Err, nvm, thought they were ditching it's passive and CDR but reading it again I guess not.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So, the AD Carries are now Marksmen. Good to know :p

And good god, ARAM players will great big, salty tears over those Yi changes. No unlimited healing anymore.

No Runic Bulwark. Tougher turrets at start.

Huge patch.

Thank god we're actually going to have lane phases again in competitive play.

Boken

Banned
league of chibis
CefCZZw.png
RxKKnV6.png

IrZnR8a.png
kd27WeO.png

what they look like made into charms:
teemo_charm_by_xoxo_riri-d66igzs.png

more here:
http://xoxo-riri.deviantart.com/gallery/44320983

More Skarner updates. You people happy? ASPD moved to Q so you always have the buff. Slow moved to E so it's on-demand instead of 2nd Q onwards. Problem is that it's not circular AoE anymore.

Why do people want a facelift for SR? We just got that last year.

Boken

Banned
please scmat, poros are not random and meaningless.

be that as it may, it has way less meaningless stuff

but thats also because its a tiny map

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
More Skarner updates. You people happy? ASPD moved to Q so you always have the buff. Slow moved to E so it's on-demand instead of 2nd Q onwards. Problem is that it's not circular AoE anymore.
No. I am even less happy with this. I don't want Skarner's playstyle changed because some asshole is on a crusade to shake things up.

He would be strong just because those numbers are so stupidly good though.

dimb

Getting your Q prepped for a gank is way harder than an on hit ability. The depth and strategy of pressing a button to activate an on hit slow stretch beyond the limits of my brain.

do you mean crystal slash? you just do it on an incoming minion wave.
New E lets you skip that altogether. It also provides some counterplay for Skarner's victims which is what Riot wants. Skarner can miss his E.

But to make up for it, they pretty much doubled his W MSPD over 6 seconds (ramping up). Very doubt the numbers will stay that big, but it'll be bigger compared to live.

This improves his pre-6 ganks overall as long as he hits his E.

mercviper

kind of. it's a factor coming into a gank that most other junglers don't have to deal with. pre-six ganks on skarner are harder than most other junglers.

A minor factor in the long run because it's easily learned. Pre-six ganks on skarner are harder than most because he only has soft-cc, not because you have to prep your q.

dimb

Missing an on hit ability is bretty next level.
A minor factor in the long run because it's easily learned. Pre-six ganks on skarner are harder than most because he only has soft-cc, not because you have to prep your q.
yeh someone should tell lee sin he is not a good ganker anymore. no hard cc.

mercviper

Missing an on hit ability is bretty next level.

You can miss if you use it to hit a creep that's 2 teemos away from the intended target.

yeh someone should tell lee sin he is not a good ganker anymore. no hard cc.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. I'm not saying Skarner is a bad ganker, I'm just saying that the changes are pretty good considering there's no way we're keeping permaslow q spam because of noisy whiners.

From what I can tell, you don't like it because there's no depth in the playstyle that is going to come with the changes. (e.g. E is on hit now and can't miss according to you) Well, since it works like Vi's E you can now slow from a range if you line up your target and a minion (Oh wait to do this requires as much or more thought as it did to prep his old Q) but it comes at a risk of missing. His E is also on a 10 second cooldown that is practically probably more of a 7 second cooldown and would actually be considered part of his skillset with the new changes. I think that adds plenty of depth to his playstyle.

Boken

Banned
You know what's next level? Using a minion to aim the aoe and put the slow mark on the victim then running up to them to slow them

Boken

Banned
The on next hit ability doesn't slow them, it only leaves crystal energy on them which slows them of they are hit with things

dimb

I don't know what you're trying to say here. I'm not saying Skarner is a bad ganker, I'm just saying that the changes are pretty good considering there's no way we're keeping permaslow q spam because of noisy whiners.

From what I can tell, you don't like it because there's no depth in the playstyle that is going to come with the changes. (e.g. E is on hit now and can't miss according to you) Well, since it works like Vi's E you can now slow from a range if you line up your target and a minion (Oh wait to do this requires as much or more thought as it did to prep his old Q) but it comes at a risk of missing. His E is also on a 10 second cooldown that is practically probably more of a 7 second cooldown and would actually be considered part of his skillset with the new changes. I think that adds plenty of depth to his playstyle.
i am saying skarner is a bad ganker before six. and it's because his slow is not instantaneous and needs to be primed. this is the counter play that exists to skarner that somehow magically doesn't exist (among numerous gap closers, flashes, and other escapes).

i don't like the changes because the aoe slow slap is everything about skarner to me. it's about trying to pin people down. everything about these changes is intent on removing that.

mercviper

The on next hit ability doesn't slow them, it only leaves crystal energy on them which slows them of they are hit with things

Huh. That's probably only viable with the increased movespeed bonuses the new W provides. I'm now less excited about the changes, but I don't think it changes my argument the new playstyle would be more complex.

i am saying skarner is a bad ganker before six. and it's because his slow is not instantaneous and needs to be primed. this is the counter play that exists to skarner that somehow magically doesn't exist (among numerous gap closers, flashes, and other escapes).

Then be a little more clear don't start off arguing about the complexity of Q or whatever you were saying. Skarner is bad pre-6 because he lacks hard cc in addition to not having the mobility to make up for it like Lee Sin, not because he has to prime his Q before going in.

You know what's next level? Using a minion to aim the aoe and put the slow mark on the victim then running up to them to slow them

You know what's really next-level? Playing Thresh and hooking a minion next to their champ (assuming you can't grab the champ), flying over anyway, flailing and nailing. Did it three times in a game yesterday and every time Cait didn't move.

Admittedly the first one was to save face but now it's a legitimate technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom