• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
11/13

that's it.

i'm done. starting a smurf and get directly in to silver after placement matches is much quicker than playing this shit.

I just stopped playing ranked matches.

It's not worth the stress, especially with how annoying promotion series are.

Edwardo

I'm at the point where I only play ranked unless I have a group of friends on. I treat my normal games the same as my ranked games. That way i'm not getting stressed out from playing ranked.

You're obv going to try your hardest and it sucks to lose, but just keep playing ranked. The more games you put in, the more you learn. Take wins and losses as a learning experience. Most games play out differently than the last, so even if you're losing whether it be to afk'ers or feeders or whatever, you are seeing different scenarios which will get you more experienced in this game. You'll eventually climb out of whatever hole you're in if you are in one.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ranked games are fun. why do you guys hate fun?

even if people treat normal games the same as ranked ones people are more prone to taking ridiculous risks in normals.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ranked is stressful but that's part of the fun. Normal games that mean nothing are not really fun to play anymore for me, it's basically a practice mode where I can dick around and try new things.

IsayFever

League, it's a spectator's sport

tumblr_m563hiIBqS1rx9shjo1_500.jpg

ggs

Acerac

Banned
ranked games are fun. why do you guys hate fun?

even if people treat normal games the same as ranked ones people are more prone to taking ridiculous risks in normals.
People whine way more in ranked games. It's grows tiring quickly.

JesseZao

Ranked is stressful but that's part of the fun. Normal games that mean nothing are not really fun to play anymore for me, it's basically a practice mode where I can dick around and try new things.

This right here. Normals are for crazy builds like Bruiser Malz. Ranked is for serious strats like Malz 'n' Palz Pet Class Stomp.

Blizzard

Banned
I liked the names of people in the ARAM I just played.

SummonsInTrouble
ThatsAMoray
I Am Horrible
One Weird Trick
Supports HateHim

Ferga

I prefer to play ranked because I tend to have more 'even' games when I play. It's not always a massive stomp or a massive 'get stomped' game. Having a tonne of these in a row is just boring after a while.

I can accept when I lose and win games in most of my ranked games because I can see where I/my team get outplayed or see some decent/excellent plays at the level i'm at. There's no spike in skill by one person who carries the entire game by himself for the entire game. Playing against that or being the person that is doing that is just boring to me.

But fuck division 1 of anything. That shit is just toxic and infuriating to play in. When I go on my ranked rage sprees on here and in GAF-chat, I'm in division 1. I seriously don't feel like it's even about skill in most of my division 1 games. It's just about the unfortunate team who gets the division 5 who doesn't care or the bigger rager who gives up or is too busy typing to cs or do anything properly.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I prefer to play ranked because I tend to have more 'even' games when I play. It's not always a massive stomp or a massive 'get stomped' game. Having a tonne of these in a row is just boring after a while.

I can accept when I lose and win games in most of my ranked games because I can see where I/my team get outplayed or see some decent/excellent plays at the level i'm at. There's no spike in skill by one person who carries the entire game by himself for the entire game. Playing against that or being the person that is doing that is just boring to me.

But fuck division 1 of anything. That shit is just toxic and infuriating to play in. When I go on my ranked rage sprees on here and in GAF-chat, I'm in division 1. I seriously don't feel like it's even about skill in most of my division 1 games. It's just about the unfortunate team who gets the division 5 who doesn't care or the bigger rager who gives up or is too busy typing to cs or do anything properly.

I loved getting matched against diamond and bronze players in normal games, so much fun. Also premades vs. pugs that's just fun for everyone! I'll take ranked any day.

But I agree with you on Division 1 of anything being the 7th circle of hell.

Oookay I'm genuinely impressed at this local Hecarim cosplay last year.

Gonna go to this year's LoL event and somehow get to be VIP thanks to work, which has nothing to do with League. It's actually worse than going as a regular attendee since I don't get freebies.

Ahem.

Hi. 4th post on these forums(...I shouldn't keep count). I am a League player. Over 5000 games played. Diamond 4(Highest is Diamond 3, got in a bad streak, tried to carry friends...went down to DV, going to start ranking hardcore again.).

Anywho, I play any role. Nice to meet you NeoLeague. My IGN is PallasAthens. Feel free to hit me up for tips, casual games, or duo if you're at my level(I find that ranking with anyone plat or below...somehow nets us the worst possible teams.)

I AM indeed going to the Staple Centers event this year. Well, I'll do everything in my power to go to it. I do keep up with the Tourneys and what not.

My favorite champs are as follows: Yorick, Udyr, Wukong, J4, Swain, and Heimerdinger. All top of course. I've played with the plentiful number of pros luckily, and well, yeah. If you want advice I'll be happy to dedicate some 1v1 training or tips in this thread.

So nice to meet you all, hope we have many friendships in the future. And a fun little bonus for you guys:
IjRhPPq.jpg

Boken

Banned
Ahem.

Hi. 4th post on these forums(...I shouldn't keep count). I am a League player. Over 5000 games played. Diamond 4(Highest is Diamond 3, got in a bad streak, tried to carry friends...went down to DV, going to start ranking hardcore again.).

Anywho, I play any role. Nice to meet you NeoLeague. My IGN is PallasAthens. Feel free to hit me up for tips, casual games, or duo if you're at my level(I find that ranking with anyone plat or below...somehow nets us the worst possible teams.)

I AM indeed going to the Staple Centers event this year. Well, I'll do everything in my power to go to it. I do keep up with the Tourneys and what not.

My favorite champs are as follows: Yorick, Udyr, Wukong, J4, Swain, and Heimerdinger. All top of course. I've played with the plentiful number of pros luckily, and well, yeah. If you want advice I'll be happy to dedicate some 1v1 training or tips in this thread.

So nice to meet you all, hope we have many friendships in the future. And a fun little bonus for you guys:
IjRhPPq.jpg
holy shit you got to speak to phreak

Boken

Banned
im not
phreak is pretty much a celebrity in lol-land

in other news:

Your IGN is rather humorous. The name ‘Ganked By Mom’ is funny by itself, but I have a feeling there’s a story behind it.

There are times when you’re secretly on your computer in the middle of the night. My mom would always come in and scold me to hurry up and go to sleep. I think there’s a lot of people who can relate to this. We call that situation “um-ke,” short for “umma critical” (meaning: mom critical). I would often see people typing in chat, “um-ke happened so I have to leave. Sorry.” So I wanted to make my IGN “Mama Critical,” but it didn’t sound very good. Thinking it over and relating the situation of being ambushed by your mom to being ganked, I came up with the name “Ganked By Mom.”
best professional name worlds
i hope frost get to the world championships so everybody can experience the name

Subtle

I got a story here about Neo Yi. It's a pretty wild ride, so take seat.

I queued up for ranked and everything was going pretty normally. We were on the purple side, which I hate, but everyone seems amicable and I'm looking forward to starting. The teams were as follows: Ashe(me), Sona, Master Yi, LeBlanc, and Zac vs. Malphite, Caitlyn, Orianna, Singed and Nami. As the summoning screen progressed, I noticed no one was actually, well, progressing. I figure the game had crashed so I restarted the client and entered the game two minutes late. Now this is where the fun begins.

I joined just as the minions began combat in the middle of the battlefield. Just in time I thought to myself. I told everyone I was sorry, but I soon learned that was the least of my concerns. It was actually a 4v4. Both Orianna and Zac were AFK. We all tried to keep our heads up and started playing the game, since staying positive is usually the key to victory. The lanes were fairly even. Leblanc, who went top, fed first blood to the enemy Singed. Everyone stayed silent. It's just first blood, no biggie... I was pretty much even in cs versus Caitlyn, and Master Yi was faring well against Malphite. Orianna soon returned, noting that her client had crashed as well. However, our Zac never returned, and remained sitting in our fountain. Now a 4v5, our spirits were waning. Leblanc fed another kill to Singed, Sona and I gave a double kill to Caitlyn in a very successful Malphite gank. Thankfully, Master Yi did manage to milk the underleveled and underfarmed Orianna for two kills, which made me hopeful. Hey, maybe Master Yi will carry I thought to myself, but truth be told, I didn't believe it could happen. After we lost tower after tower, no one really wanted to play. We were all silent, but we all cursed at Zac under our breath. If only he was here. If only he hadn't disconnected! I don't want to end the night on a loss... After 20 minutes of a painstaking game, the score was 4 - 9.

We end up pushed up to the secondary mid tower in a 4v4 since the enemy Singed was farming top lane. The fight started with an Enchanted Crystal Arrow, and then a Crescendo, followed by absolute mayhem. I'm not entirely sure what, or how it happened. Move after move, ability after ability, my screen was a blurry mess. The only way I knew what was happening was hearing the announcer.

An enemy has been slain!
An ally has been slain!
Double Kill!
You have been slain!
Triple Kill!
An ally has been slain!
Quadra Kill!

Master Yi had swept through the battlefield and decimated the enemy team. I, in disbelief, thought to myself It was a 4v4, Singed wasn't even there until I saw Master Yi had seeked Singed and then I heard the magic word...

ACE!

Somehow, we had aced the enemy team, and the score had been evened out: 9 - 9. The enemy Caitlyn joked around, saying "GG", but no one, not even Master Yi himself believed anything had changed. It was a fluke, a mistake. It won't happen again, it can't. We can't win it's a 4v5! Before we even had a chance to discuss what we could do, the enemies had respawned, and knowing that our ultimates were down, wanted to tear down the front door to our base. We managed to hold them down long enough for both our wombo combo ultimates to come back.

"Engage now!!" I shouted as I shot a heavy Enchanted Crystal Arrow from my trusty ice bow. Sona, not quite prepared flashed into the fight to get in range and then played her ultimate note, Crescendo. This gave enough time for Master Yi to assassinate Caitlyn and he soon turned against the next big target: Orianna. In retaliation Malphite threw himself at our team, however, he missed and only hit Leblanc. She, being the inadequate teamfighter that she is, quickly turned into fish food for Singed. Despite this, both the enemy team's carries had fallen and it was now a 3v3: Master Yi, Ashe and Sona vs Malphite, Singed and Nami. The duel wasn't even close after this. Our damage penetrated the enemies defenses and then we heard that precious word.

ACE!

Due to both the enemies' incompetence and Master Yi's sheer strength, we managed to stretch the score to a nice 14-11. Taking advantage of our position, we took down two mid towers and defeated the drake. The enemy team started falling apart internally.

"GG report Singed!"
"OMFG noob nami no peel"
"wtf cait sucks reported"
"no report nami plz"
"of course the duo defends his partner!"

I chuckled since the enemy team thought they had lost. I was once again filled with hope, but I couldn't help but feel doubt. My teammates felt a similar dissonance. After this, the enemies' strategies were puzzling. Split push! they said, but one by one they fell to the hands of the Master. Not even with baron could they stop Master Yi's wrath! Focus Yi in a 5v4! they said, but Master Yi simply stealthed in a nearby brush and waited until the time was right to strike!

We were confident. We were in disbelief, but we were ready to take the game. We all thanked Master Yi for giving us a ten kill lead. "Alright guys, let me ward real quick before we fight" were the last words LeBlanc said.

An ally has been slain!

Shoot! I thought to myself as I saw five full health enemies sprinting towards our inhibitor. Malphite, Caitlyn, Nami, Singed, and Orianna were all filled with anger and hate. Mostly towards eachother, but also towards Master Yi. They wanted to win, they needed to win. They couldn't lose a 5v4!. We were so close. I thought as I regretfully typed "GG" into the chat. We couldn't win a 3v5, but, somehow, we did. Crescendo, Enchanted Crystal Arrow. With two swings from Master Yi's legendary blade, Caitlyn fell dead to the ground. He Alpha Striked to Orianna with such swiftness and finesse! Orianna exploded to pieces with one critical strike. I fought as valiantly as I could, however, Singed's poison was far too much for me and I dropped to the ground, spying Master Yi with the few moments I had left.

ACE

I opened my eyes, afraid of what had happened. Master Yi gracefully leaped across the fields towards the enemy base. With speed and precision he took out the mid inhibitor, and he managed to take out both Nexus towers, but Caitlyn quickly respawned. Even at 1/4 of his health, Caitlyn had respawned and then died so quickly that I couldn't help but chuckle.

*Kaching*
*Kachunk*
*Kaching*
*Kachunk*
*Kaching*
*Kachunk*
*Kaching*

and then I heard it...

VICTORY!

I honestly shouted in real life, as we had overcome the biggest of odds, and as a team, won what most would have surrendered at 20. Master Yi, no, "handicapped", thank you!

Final score: 25-11
Master Yi: 18-2

I should note, I'm not a writer, so this probably sucks.

tl;dr master yi op rito nerf plz

LoLGAF. Welcome. If you're NA, join chat 'NeoGAF', we're all in there.

Will do. I'll be on tomorrow post 3 PM!

Yorick?

STATUS INVALIDATED.

Don't hate, only real skeles play Yorick. Seriously, you get to this point where you tank and damage everything.

holy shit you got to speak to phreak

He's pretty cool. Although he's pretty bad...I mean it's Phreak and all, but he didn't do that well that game. I had to switch lanes with him, and then save him multiple times from a Quinn. He pulled through in the end, but his early game is bad. Would not buy.

Nice story, that's an awesome way to end the night.

I played a game like that, (except that my team was the one with 5, and we did split push to win).

But we can't have those comebacks, because we have a surrender option. (j/k)

I tried some random unconventional champs to jungle in a custom game out of curiosity. No leash. Not gonna be seriously picked.

Vayne - WQQ. Deader than dead. Tried starting with Cloth, Machete, DBlade, Dagger. Just doesn't work. Might survive if I had 2 more armor quints. Might.
Teemo - EQE. Above decent clear/sustain when blinds are timed to make 2 attacks miss and when Toxic Shots are slightly rotated. I suppose ganks are mediocre without red, but would be alright with map control.
Kog - QWQ. Near dead after red, but clears are above decent. Haven't tried starting with W. No big issue with sustain after Spirit Stone. No idea how he'll build. Probably an ult burn build (SotEL, Liandry, Tear).
Cass - QWQ. Good clear, not so good health. Don't try QE or you'll go OOM before you finish wolves.
Darius - QWQ. I've actually played this a few times in PvP before, and I've seen this on rare occasions. Strong clears, strong gank (can force flash without trying), but horrendous sustain. I usually rushed Spirit Stone and Mobility, then usual tanky build. Very much viable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i got a silver border and play with gold/plat/diamond. nobody has said anything.

Ferga

i got a silver border and play with gold/plat/diamond. nobody has said anything.

Most of the people in my games don't even have a border.

I think I've seen less than 15 plat borders and only around 6 diamond borders so far.

Depends on the time I'm playing though.

Leezard

People only talked trash about people with low-rank borders in the first few weeks or so. They realised that your current ranking is more important than your ranking one year ago.

Boken

Banned
Because more people need to appreciate shen mechanics:

Flame's amazing taunt flash in game 3 of CJB v KTB yesterday:
pmlbXxA.gif

keep in mind i slowed down his taunt by 1/4

Ferga

Because more people need to appreciate shen mechanics:

Flame's amazing taunt flash in game 3 of CJB v KTB yesterday:
pmlbXxA.gif

keep in mind i slowed down his taunt by 1/4

There were a lot of those taunt flashes in those 5 games. I loved the one at the wraiths bush in one of the games.

Boken

Banned
There were a lot of those taunt flashes in those 5 games. I loved the one at the wraiths bush in one of the games.
Yea, but I think this is the one with the lowest margin for error
What happens when the season ends? Does your MMR get reset?
Ranked mmr only. Even then it is more of a global mmr compression (bringing everybody closer to the default value) and a k factor reset
Resets are why ranked has better matchmaking

He's pretty cool. Although he's pretty bad...I mean it's Phreak and all, but he didn't do that well that game. I had to switch lanes with him, and then save him multiple times from a Quinn. He pulled through in the end, but his early game is bad. Would not buy.

I think I saw that game on his stream. He was Talon top against a Quinn and got wrecked.

The whole game he was like "I'm so bad at this gaaaaaaaaaame".

Fun times.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Very interesting post by Morello on balance etc., including why 2 v 1 as the dominant strategy in competitive LoL is bad for the game.

I totally agree with him.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=40536148#40536148

that was just good decision making

flame had a 0.125s window after hitting sona before the taunt ended to execute the taunt flash

It's too bad we're never gonna see him play outside of OGN.

I remember when people were laughing at how bad he was at IPL5.

Now he's the best top laner in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom